Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Unread 6th of August, 2010, 21:19
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
Originally Posted by AoM # I've written this backstory primarily because I can't justify Enni being a Jedi Knight without having confronted the dark side and without having incurred some physical and spiritual losses worthy of producing a jedi knight. Simply saying I'm level 9 and I've taken a level in a prestige class doesn't cut it for me. I included other PCs in it because I wanted to share the background story, to explain why Enni will treat Wraeth like a trusted best friend, and why she will gladly put up with Arnold's cheeky remarks even though he can be annoying, and why she will agree to work closely with Ariq, even having just met him.
Originally Posted by AoM #
If I can include other PCs in this background, so much the better, but of course, I'd ask for approval from Shakes and everyone else first.
In my games, it's assumed that anyone who has levels in Jedi Knight has undergone significant trials to get it. They never just have it drop into their laps because they hit that particular level; my own personal house rule is that you remain a Padawan without Knight levels, so if you don't pass the trials, you can't touch the Prestige Class, and remain a Padawan. So the whole story, whilst great, isn't necessary to justify your being a Knight.

That being said, I like the story, with one change: I don't want you and Ariq sent to Nar Shaddaa together. As previously stated, the mission as it begins will be thus:

Ariq was sent to Nar Shaddaa by the Council in order to maintain a watch on the Hutts, and act as a warning sign should the Sith try to make further moves at alliance with the forces therein (this need to watch them is most likely thanks to your group's previous discovered of them and Kung). This Ariq was doing until recently, when all communications from him ceased. The Republic panicked, as you'd expect, and demanded that the Jedi send someone else to check up on the Knight's progress, and discover the reasoning for the silence. Knowing her connection to Ariq -- and having grown up on Nar Shaddaa -- the Council assigned the fledgling Knight Enni for this task.

According to Wraeth and Arnold's background, they were both on Nar Shaddaa prior to Enni's being assigned (this could change if you wanted so that they arrive WITH Enni, but you'd need to change your backgrounds to fit, and let me know prior to starting my post). Either way the group would begin searching for Ariq whilst there.

Meanwhile, Farik and Nessa have arrived on Nar Shaddaa for their own reasons, but have had their ship impounded by the Hutts for reasons unknown to them. Not willing to risk a confrontation that they couldn't win alone, the two have begun scouring the underground, looking for someone who could transport them off-planet for a modest sum. They will find this person, no doubt, in the form of Annah, a down-on-her luck bounty hunter.

That's what I have so far, and what I intended to work with for the first post. If anyone wishes to change anything in the above, let me know quickly before the post gets finished.
Unread 6th of August, 2010, 21:37
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Whatever you and Cat decide for Wraeth and Arnold is fine. Arnold's just gonna be following Wraeth.
Unread 6th of August, 2010, 21:43
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Okay, everyone now (save Dabocim, who I'm finishing off as soon as I get a response) is approved. As mentioned in each of your posts, I might've missed something that I don't notice now; if this is the case, and I notice it midway through the game, I apologise and will work on ironing out the stats as/when the problem's discovered.
Unread 6th of August, 2010, 23:20
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Given a choice, Wraeth would have gone offworld with Enni.

Really, I'm tossing the lead to AoM - in cases where mg story runs counter to AoM's, go with AoM.
Unread 6th of August, 2010, 23:49
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #1407
Okay, so following the rescue mission, Enni returned WITHOUT Ariq, but with Wraeth and Arnold. After learning that Ariq has gone missing, the Council sends Enni back to Nar Shaddaa to find him. Wraeth and Arnold fly back with her.

What sort of ship does Wraeth own? or are we sent back hitching a ride on a Republic transport freighter or something?
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 00:11
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
That works for me - that seems entirely within the mental portrait I have for Ariq. Especially the sneaking in parts...

I be invisible, yo.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 00:24
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
I think what Shakes' is saying is that any previous assistance from Ariq came he was tracking the Sith as part of his job, and whatever goals you and your master were trying to accomplished happened independent of that. Ariq's force skills could totally have uncovered such shenanigans...
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 00:26
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Post's almost done, but in accordance with Wraeth's background I've got him on Nar Shaddaa with Arnold ahead of Enni (he had obligations and debts to pay, allegedly). This doesn't make a huge amount of difference, since you both meet back up within the limits of this first post anyways.

And now, back to typing.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 03:48
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7702
I think I got everything shakes needed and I need to think about the enemies my character has made. Also she started working for the sith empire but they kinda ticked her off so she only really does odd jobs on the side to make money while she tries to get back at the empire in various ways such as ferrying information from spies
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 05:24
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

I'd advise you all to not add anything more regarding your characters or how you expect to become involved in this game, because I've already started on the initial post, which might put you somewhere that you didn't expect to be placed.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 06:32
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

That's cool. Only thing I changed is that Wraeth underwent species reassignment surgery and is now a female Twi'lek Sith Assassin. Everything else is the same.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 07:03
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Don't joke, Cat; I might just like the idea enough to make it happen.

Dabocim, I need the points I brought up in your thread sorted out before you get a post up.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 07:29
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
Wow, great post Shakes! Also, I put on the Star Wars theme as soon as I started reading the intro. Did wonders for the mood. Felt like I was watching one of the movies.

I'm not sure if I'll get a post in today. If not, then tomorrow. Have to try and get into Arnold's head, which is proving a tad more challenging than I thought.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 07:44
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

All points are addressed and I might get a post up later tonight
also that was a great intro I really liked it

Last edited by dabocim; 7th of August, 2010 at 07:50.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 07:59
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Cheers guys. Always daunting getting up a first post for a game. Hopefully it set the mood and garnered player interest.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 11:03
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Not to kiss up to the DM, but DAMN that was an awesome intro, even down to the CAPITAL LETTERS. I'm not sure we should even play at this point.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 11:54
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

For your edification: Wraeth

Okay, actually, here's Wraeth:

Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:03
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Cool looking carpet. Matalan bought?

Just re-read my post and wept at my grammer. >_< Oh well, just means that I'll have to proof read a little better next time.

Also, thanks Cat.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:05
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Originally Posted by Ergonomic Cat # I'm not sure we should even play at this point.
Wait, what? o.O
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:13
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Disregard him. Excellent post. I'm confused about what you meant with your GM's note; do you want us to respond with what we did in each of those little snippets, or only begin with the last chronological scene that you posted?

I can sum up how Enni felt when she landed back on Nar Shaddaa, and then also post a flashback of her reunion with Wraeth and R9LD, before going on to RP the current scene. Is that what you were looking for?
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:20
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Red face

Basically all of the above. If you can post some before/after snippets for what Igave you, then cool; if you want to include some recaps of those snippets via your character's POV then do so. The more you add, the more you and everyone else can begin to explore your characters.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:23
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

I can sum up how Enni felt when she landed back on Nar Shaddaa, and then also post a flashback of her reunion with Wraeth and R9LD, before going on to RP the current scene. Is that what you were looking for?
That's it exactly.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:45
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Have to leave the house for a while, but will post within the next 7-8 hours.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 12:57
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by Shakespeare # Wait, what? o.O
You did such a good job with the intro, we might just want to sit back and bask in it, and call it good.

Not, you know, as such.

I plan to fill in a bit more after the "Enni's back" post, and then a bit before the shop, and immediately after.

But not tonight. Sorry.
Unread 7th of August, 2010, 13:45
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

quick question did I hear the comment about needing a ship