Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 13:55
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #1407
I'm nowhere near done. d20 character creation and I are not friends.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 13:58
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
I was just thinking - since I'll technically be a Jedi Knight, in levels... it wouldn't be unheard of to have a Padawan, if AoM's down with it.

Of course, the specifics of the background for my character need to be worked out, but...
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 14:23
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

Member: #8003
AoM, I'd offer to help you with character creation, but Shakes doesn't like us knowing each other's sheets, I guess. But he did say he can help you.

Hmm, possible group is:
(Krypton's character) - Jedi Knight
Enni - (Krypton's character)'s Padawan
Wraeth - Wookie slicer, saved by Enni. In pseudo-life debt.
Arnold - Droid built from the ground up by Wraeth. Technically still property, but have progressed to partners and friends.
(dabocim's character) - Bounty Hunter
(Pulse's charcter) - Former Sith loyalist

We could actually have a pretty close group then. Wow, that's pretty cool.

Still have to work on Arnold's complete backstory though (I'll be sharing most of this with Cat, and maybe parts with AoM, since most of Arnold's 'life' was spent with them)...

Last edited by Shakespeare; 3rd of August, 2010 at 19:51. Reason: Updated the list.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 14:38
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Krypton, Enni's character has changed to be more of a Jedi. She had her brief humble beginnings as a Noble pilot (yeah, decided to opt out of scout beginning since I see her as more of a face and less of a blaster shooter) - but then she was quickly discovered and trained by a Jedi Sentinel master - although I've decided that much of her training could have been done in the field on Nar Shaddaa given her late life introduction to the order and a conscious effort by the Council to avoid having her family know of her new life for as long as possible (since her father's criminal organization almost certainly has ties to the Sith Empire).

By the time of this campaign's beginning however, I'm thinking Enni will have reached the Jedi Knight rank as well. She will probably not be too far behind your Jedi in terms of skill, but would be willing to see him as a more experienced Knight and work with him as a partner.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 14:40
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Bonus. Ariq is intended to be a Jedi Sentinel... I guess it's not important, to me, that I'm a 'Master' but I have splashed in a non-Jedi class, so I suppose it's possible that we're partners.

I'd tell you to take a quick gander at my sheet, but A - Shakes didn't approve it, and B - Shakes doesn't like letting us know what's up with each other's characters. I'm kind of an investigatory fiend, who can throw down pretty well (I think - first foray into Saga Edition, if not 4E in general) if the need arises.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 14:44
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Edit: ah if you've also splashed then perhaps we are two newly risen Jedi Sentinel Knights who have been stationed together on my native Nar Shaddaa to keep an eye on the many Sith operations there.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 14:49
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

I think we'll just make our characters separately. I don't think Enni will be as investigative as your character, although she'll be decent at it, being a sentinel.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 19:32
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
In order to be a Jedi Knight, you need levels in the prestige class; to be a Master, you need to have levels in that class (which no-one can at this point, since a requisite of being a Master is being 12th level, which is how I want things at this stage).

Cheese, I don't mind if you help AoM: normally I'd be whole-heartedly against any character seeing another's sheet (guess it's just me and how I was raised on RPGs), but given that AoM is new to this, and that I sprung the rule change on everyone, I'd be fine with you helping out. So long as AoM doesn't mind you knowing all of the character's abilities off the bat.

I'm still not sure what my official stance is on Nar Shaddaa -- whether the Hutts have allied themselves with the Empire or the Republic; I'm going to be looking over the timeline very soon to confirm this fact. If the Hutts aren't openly helping the Empire, or are still neutral, then having Jedi placed planet-side as an early warning should events change would be a good idea.

Almost got everyone's sheets up. When each of you are finished putting up everything (background information, description, stats, and a note for me telling me what your first level Attribute array was, and where you spent your +1s at 4th and 8th level) post so in your thread. I'll get everyone sorted one at a time, and pretty soon we'll be ready to begin.

Further, I might have another player for us, the delectable Ms. Pantherine. She's reading up on the rules and the background of the setting. Until she says otherwise, however, assume that we're still only six in number. But an early warning doesn't hurt.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 19:51
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

No, it's all right - I'm slowly putting it together. It does feel like there's too many things to choose and not enough actual choices... like there are some interesting talent trees to take as a jedi, but being able to deflect blaster shots with a lightsaber is a fairly basic necessity that unfortunately takes an entire talent slot to utilize. And block is also a seemingly basic move that also takes up a big talent slot.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 19:52
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Originally Posted by AoM # By the time of this campaign's beginning however, I'm thinking Enni will have reached the Jedi Knight rank as well. She will probably not be too far behind your Jedi in terms of skill, but would be willing to see him as a more experienced Knight and work with him as a partner.
If you wish to begin as a Jedi Knight, then it might be worth you aiming for 1 level in Noble, 6 or 7 levels in Jedi, and 1 or 2 levels in Jedi Knight.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 19:55
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Originally Posted by AoM # No, it's all right - I'm slowly putting it together. It does feel like there's too many things to choose and not enough actual choices... like there are some interesting talent trees to take as a jedi, but being able to deflect blaster shots with a lightsaber is a fairly basic necessity that unfortunately takes an entire talent slot to utilize. And block is also a seemingly basic move that also takes up a big talent slot.
They detailed this in the RPG questions: Jedi can deflect blaster shots, as can anyone with Force Sensitivity and Lightsaber Proficiency, but only someone with that talent gains an additional mechanical benefit for it because of how adept they are at that particular area.

I'll say this to everyone here just to cover my bases, since some of you seem to hate the system (or maybe that's just me misreading text... bloody internet): if you hate SAGA, then please don't join the game. You won't enjoy it.

Addendum: Pulse should have his stuff up soon, so we'll be 5/6 of the way there. I'll begin working on individual sheets soon.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 3rd of August, 2010 at 19:57.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 20:59
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Where in the rules does it describe deflection besides that particular talent? I'm having trouble finding it.
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 22:14
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

There aren't any, I meant in terms of story and ability. Deflect as a talent merely means that that Jedi, more than his fellows, is more adept at deflecting ranged fire, and thus gets a mechanical benefit from it.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 04:33
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

At this time, the Hutts are largely independent, having been offended by the Empire's failure to involve them in their pre-war plotting. However, the Sith intelligent operatives have prevented Republic offers of alliance from reach cartel ears. Thus the independence.

The Jedi on the planet would most likely be there to watch for signs that the Hutts are deciding to turn one way or another.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 05:36
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Works for me. Just seemed that Sentinels, as the order devoted to root out/find the Dark Side, might be best for a Jedi stationed in a contested area in this era.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 06:22
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Looking to start this game in the next one or two days. Everyone's stats should be checked by then; those whose stats aren't up yet (AoM and Pulse) will be added to the game as soon as they're done.

My reason for the above is that I should have more time to myself tomorrow and the day after, thus making them a prime time to get things moving.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 06:42
Explosive Cheese

Well this is turning into a pretty big group for Orp... If Pulse gets up also, that'll be 7, which is even more than my RotR group. Cool.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 06:54
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
I just need to get my story/description up and work out equipment, which I'll do tonight.

Shakes: do you think I could get a small G0T0 type Droid as well? Basically a mobile toolkit with a small blaster or shock arm? If not I'll work on one in game....
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 06:58
Explosive Cheese

Arnold will feel jealous. There will be droid rivalry. Sounds like fun!

Still need to work on my bio...
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 07:23
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Pantherine's Following me, Again.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 07:26
Pantherine
Ghoul

Member: #8215
Yes well, there are so damn many of you, can you blame me?

If anyone is bored and wants to help me out with my character, feel welcome to do so. I can't figure out half of it, and the other half I most likely got wrong *sigh*. I am not a fan of so many rules.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 07:28
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Sure, Pantherine. Fling me an email - I think you can do so just by clicking on my name. I'll take a gander.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 07:33
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

RE: Wealth, Shakes - either way, it got bumped up to 10k. I just rolled it new for each level. I got confused, and guessed. Either way, well under 10k. Damn dice, anyway.
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 07:35
Pantherine
Ghoul

Member: #8215
Will do, thanks
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 10:25
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Almost done with my character - just adding finishing touches.