Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > S P A C E (Weird GURPS Sci-Fi)

Unread 27th of November, 2013, 09:28
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
((Die? I mean, seriously, a planet of me and Heather? Die creatively?))
Unread 28th of November, 2013, 00:15
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
Rofl!!
Unread 5th of December, 2013, 06:10
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
((Okay, that was funny. Yeah, that, or something a bit more awesome! ))

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 18th of December, 2013, 07:21
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Heather's primary concern is that Ronnie and her will lose track of one another once someone figures out what is going on and starts messing with them. She'll definitely let Jen in on this and have Jen try to make something to keep track of them, but not tell either one what it is or how it works. What we don't know may save us.
Unread 21st of December, 2013, 04:13
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

That's a good idea. Honestly, I don't know. I don't have enough information to plan.
Unread 28th of December, 2013, 14:38
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

What information? Look in the mirror...we're screwed! Lol
Unread 10th of January, 2014, 03:52
Chris Chandler

Oh, I like that. Jen will work with Betty and will be able to develop a means of tracking the two of you, and she doesn't tell you what it is or how it works, or even why it works.

David suggests a closer look -

Maybe we can see something we can use to our advantage if we observe the colony from orbit. Betty - how well can you mask yourself - pretend to... not be a living spaceship?

Betty responds -

For most detection systems I can set up a stasis field that will make us entirely invisible. If the colonists have access to Fidorian technology, however, a stasis field won't work. In order to thrwat a Fidorian sensor array I'd need to have some means to completely look like something unobtrusive, like an asteroid, and have their array report back that we're nothing more than that. I can be an egg asteroid - with a stony shell and us still in the hollow, but life support and other power signatures are difficult to mask.

John interjects -

How big a power signature is too big to sense? How little power do we need to keep us alive?

Jen responds -

Maybe something like SCUBA... but in space.

She smiles sheepishly.

Like a... space suit. I can't believe I'm actually in space. It's easy to lose that when you're working.

Thoughts?

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 16th of January, 2014, 05:18
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Yeah, Jen is strange as hell. How could you forget you're in space?

I have a question about space/time. Couldn't the Raleshaz time travel? Or am I just making crap up now?
Unread 21st of January, 2014, 01:05
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Hmmm..
Unread 25th of January, 2014, 07:50
Chris Chandler

The Raleshaz are multi-dimensional, and they don't perceive time the way we do. You've certainly witnessed Betty traversing The Arm in such a way as to defy what you've previously though was the passage of time. You haven't experienced going backwards in time with the Raleshaz, though.

Positing the question to Betty requires some finesse, because of what I just mentioned above. Her perception is quite different than your own, and the passage you experience is more fluid to her. You are, however, able to get the point across to her and she responds thusly -

I could take myself to points in your existence that you have experienced before, or have yet to experience. I could potentially bring you with me... I think. You are so tied to the river-flow pace of time that it is dangerous to... erm... pluck you from the current and place you elsewhere along the river. Like a river, you might be further downstream than you meant to go, or not quite where you had determined you should be. My perception of what you consider points in time is not precise. It is why by your reckoning I had been watching you for several days, when to me I was watching all points when I could have potentially spoken to you.

Do you want to be plucked from the river?

Unread 2nd of February, 2014, 12:07
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Not as yet, no. Though it might be useful. However, if we are so tied to the flow of the 'river' I don't understand why don't you just go to the place in the river before Adam got your babe? He will be similarly bound as we are."
Unread 5th of February, 2014, 08:01
Chris Chandler

Betty does not respond for some time. When she does, you can tell that she is choosing her words carefully.

The very action you suggest was indeed attempted by my people, and three of my people arrived in the time and space where Adam would attempt to steal our offspring. The offspring, too, was and is forewarned about Adam. Our offspring was aware and we were prepared to remove our offspring as Adam was approaching.

Betty falters -

I do not understand exactly what happened at the pivotal moment, though I saw the event unfold. Humans value life so greatly, that it puzzles me to have witnessed the following act. A few of us arrived to secure the offspring, and Adam arrived soon thereafter, along with a female and another male, much larger than himself. They were unaware of the situation, as I said, and we moved to stop Adam, and had all but succeeded. Adam only turned to his large companion and said, "I am sorry Junka" before activating a device on his arm.

Betty pauses once again -

The large male was engulfed in a tide of energy, and a temporal bubble was created in the space where the male had been, as he was no longer there, only ashes remained. Time stopped briefly for everything outside of the bubble. The bubble was large enough to encase both Adam and the female. Adam manipulated the device on his arm and the bubble followed him towards the offspring. At that point the female, who had done nothing but stare, started screaming and crying. Adam then activated another device, and the pair, along with the offspring

Betty pauses again, then resumes.

I was instructed not to tell you this, but it seems logical that you have this information. The Raleshaz who were in the vicinity of the temporal bubble are still inert.

Unread 15th of February, 2014, 06:52
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Huh.

I honestly have no idea what to make of all that.

"Thank you for the information, Betty."

(As an aside, I only vaguely remember that page, mostly the "reverse engineer" question. As for the rest, it looks like I wrote it, it reads like my writing, it just was 4 years ago so I guess I just don't remember. I certainly don't remember the Blue Star Clan being involved so incredibly directly. Wow.)
Unread 19th of February, 2014, 03:52
Chris Chandler

((Herein is the fault of the play-by-post. This would have been a weekly session of hours of gaming, and would have spanned perhaps a season, perhaps 6 months. I agree that it is hard to keep up with everything. That post took me the better part of an hour to write, because I making sure my unreliable memory had the pieces lined up correctly. It did not, and I had to revise the post.))

Any response, Heather?

Unread 14th of March, 2014, 00:01
Chris Chandler

((bump))

Unread 20th of March, 2014, 11:41
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"Well, that's one of Adams lackey's down. Just one point you should remember though Betty. Humans do care about life, but many only care about their life. Sacrificing someone else to save themselves would pose no problem.

As far as how we proceed, my vote would be as fast and as inconspicuous as we can do both."
Unread 3rd of April, 2014, 06:37
Chris Chandler

Jen nods as Heather responds. She replies -

It's true if any of those people were ever soldiers. Life is just a resource to be used.

She glances meaningfully at David.

David shrugs and replies -

Rarely like this, though. That was a calculated long-game move. Adam knew the big guy was going to be dust sometime, probably years ago. This guy -

John interjects -

Of course, and that's how this guy operates, planning for contingencies years before he ever needs them. That's why Heather's suggestion for speed and stealth needs to be in such a way that his contingencies don't matter. We need to outplay this fool.

Jen and Daniel nod, and then Jen says -

Sure, but I mean, how? We don't know what he's got in his pocket.

John responds -

True, but we know what we've got in our pockets, and that includes a scary devil girl, a madwoman, a President's Hundred level expert sniper, a super-hacker, and a shapechanging multi-dimensional alien, plus whatever I bring to the table.

David laughs and says -

You'll be busy getting us away from here when everything hits the fan.

Unread 18th of April, 2014, 04:42
Chris Chandler

((bump))

Unread 18th of April, 2014, 06:09
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I have nothing to say to all this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't remotely have anything to contribute. I don't even see a real opening to say anything.
Unread 19th of April, 2014, 03:33
Chris Chandler

Jen replies -

All of that is true. I agree. Heather, we've got a location with this colony. We have a means of stealth with Betty. How would you like to arrive on the colony?

Unread 8th of May, 2014, 04:52
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"I'm thinking shuttle, so Betty can stay in orbit somewhere and monitor things. Other than that, I plan to walk through the 'front door'. I do tire of the games from time to time, and this needs resolving."
Unread 28th of May, 2014, 07:41
Chris Chandler

Jen and David look at each other, a bit alarmed. John smiles and nods. He replies -

I like it. So, Heather, Scary Devil Girl, what do you need from us?

Unread 7th of June, 2014, 04:40
Chris Chandler

((bump))

Unread 21st of June, 2014, 05:13
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"I'm thinking Jen and David could come with us but follow at a safe distance to watch us, and hopefully avoid detection. You John are going to stay with Betty and watch over all of us in case the shit really hits the fan. Which is really more of a when than a if..." I just laugh.
Unread 27th of June, 2014, 07:10
Chris Chandler

Everyone agrees at this. Jen and David will take about an hour to build a remote monitoring rig, and Betty provides nano-com links for everyone on and off-ship. The Azmian scout ship is in excellent repair, now, and can serve as a shuttle.

Jen and David will watch from outside the colony perimeter

Ronnie and Heather will enter the camp and see what happens

John, the Commandant, Ala, and Kenny stay on board, basically at battlestations, ready for an emergency evacuation.

Any additional equipment (nanowire whip, nukes, fidorian empathy blocker, greatsword) you need before you head out?