Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 19th of January, 2008, 04:17
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
After a brief discussion, the party elects to head for the outer yards and deal with the hell hounds that are supposed to be there rather than the archers and sphinxes that are stationed on the battlements. Ironically, though, their first move is still to go upwards as the outer yards are closer in, and thus higher on the mountain than the gates.

Using the stairs outside the chamberlain's area, the party proceeds with caution, using Fugen's lamp to light their way while Nimdor and Kierna scout ahead in the near total darkness (Kierna providing eyes where Nimdor can't see, and Nimdor providing the know-how for sneaking about inside a building).
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #77  
Unread 20th of January, 2008, 23:05
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:18 Inner Gate

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:18 Inner Gate

They trek through the dark tower, their path well-lit by the lantern. They move at a crawling pace to avoid noise. They wind their way through the labyrinth of staircases and hallways. Eventually their course re-joins the main route that leads from the Northern outer gate up to the outer yards. Fugen and Takeshi have been this way before.

The broad hallway ends in a stout double door. They are frustrated to see that it is closed. This door was designed to withstand an invading siege army. Upon closer inspection, they are surprised to see that it is not locked. It requires some effort to push open the massive iron-bound doors, and there is no way to do it with complete silence.

Kierna and Nimdor step in as Fugen raises his lantern. The arc of light fills the interior of the chamber, a three-way junction between the Northern Gate Tower, the Work Yard, and the Outer Gardens.

Two hell-houds are visible, one by each of the other doors. They were curled up to rest, but their heads are now raised, looking straight at the intruders.

Though he is furthest to the rear, Takeshi has amazingly sharp ears. As the hellhounds rouse themselves, he hears more breaths and rustling than just those two. He suspects there is another that can’t be seen, somewhere.




OOC
Fugen, Gizerak, Flarrgj, and Takeshi can act before the hellhounds in round 1. The rest must wait for the next installment.

The issue of Kierna and Nimdor aiding each other doesn’t apply in this case, since the door opening makes stealth moot and both are in plain sight. Since they are taking turns aiding each other, it cuts speed in half again, reducing their effective speed to 5. (20 normally, divided by two for stealth, divided by 2 again for taking turns)

6,3:18 (1d20=10, 1d20=14, 1d20=17, 1d20=1, 1d20=16, 1d20=3, 1d20=3, 1d20=18, 1d20=7, 1d20=20, 1d20=17, 1d20=13, 1d20=2, 1d20=3, 1d20=15, 1d20=14, 1d20=10, 1d20=20, 1d20=8, 1d20=10, 1d20=6, 1d20=1, 1d20=6, 1d20=19, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=4, 1d20=5, 1d20=2, 1d20=11)

Hellhound move silently 10 & 14. LIsten rolls: Fugen 17+mods, Flarrgj 1, Gizerak 16+mods, Kierna 3+mods, Nimdor 3+mods, Takeshi 18+mods, Termix 7+mods.

Initiative :
Fugen 20+3, Flarrgj 17, Gizerak 13+6, Kierna 2+4, Nimdor 3+3, Takeshi 15+1, Termix 14+1,
Hellhounds 10+5=15.

Round 1
23 Fugen. Protect vs evil.
19 Gizerak. Protect vs evil.
17 Flarrgj. Protect vs evil.
16 Takeshi. Protect vs evil.
15 Hellhound 1 1545N/960E. Prone
15 Hellhound 2 1555N/1040E. Prone
15 Termix. Protect vs evil.
06 Kierna. Protect vs evil.
06 Nimdor. Protect vs evil.


  #78  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 03:06
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi cautions the group,

"Stay sharp, either those are the two noisiest dogs I've ever heard, or there is another one somewhere in there."

Trying to follow his own advice, he urges Daisuke forward slowly and gazes around while he pulls out his sling and a bullet for it. With all the force that his small body can muster, he hurls the bullet at a hell hound.

ooc:
move to 1600N 1000E, throw bullet at hell hound 2 unless a passive listen or spot check locates a closer one, in which case target the closer one.

spells remaining (for my own benefit)
0th: detect magic, mending, light, read magic, flare
1st: magic fang, produce flame
2nd:
  #79  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 12:24
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.36 per day)
Nimdor backs away from the creatures, and takes cover behind the better combatants.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #80  
Unread 23rd of January, 2008, 03:12
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Assessing the way the lantern illuminates the yard in front of him, catching both of the hell hounds, Fugen realizes that if he moves it, he will have to take it's light off of one of the hell hounds. So, instead, he sets it down and then steps forward to provide a defense in front of the softer characters.

May the gods guard me better this time than against the ettins.

Kierna, meanwhile, wastes no time in letting fly with a couple of arrows into the first hell hound she has a clear shot at.

"Don't stay too close together," Termix shouts as he moves forward and catches sight of the hell hounds, "the hounds can breath fire in a small area. Try to stay some what spread out so that they can't catch you. He then casts a simple spell to bring a bit more flexible lighting onto the situation.

Moving just far enough forward to catch sight of the hell hounds himself, Gizerak realizes that they are too far yet for the spell he would prefer to cast, and so settles for summoning the power of the royals into a more direct form.

[OOC: Fugen puts down the lantern so that the light cone remains where it is (MEA). He then steps forward and goes on full defense.

Kierna shoots 2 arrows at hell hound 1. If said hell hound has cover, 5' step to the left first. If it doesn't, 5' step back after shooting.

Termix moves to where Fugen was and casts dancing lights to create 4 lanterns. He positions them at their maximum spread between the far two pillars. If Termix has some kind of ranged weapon, he should draw it as he moves forward.

Gizerak moves up next to Termix (in Flarrgj's spot if he has moved, or on the other side if he hasn't) and casts spiritual weapon directing it to attack the hell hound he has line of sight to (2 if in the former position, 1 if the later).]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #81  
Unread 23rd of January, 2008, 11:45
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:19 Hellhounds Round 1

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:19 Hellhounds Round 1

Fugen moves forward, and Gizerak and Takeshi injure the hellbounds with their attacks.

Stung, both of the infernal beasts rise and dodge for cover behind the pillars. The hellhound by the western gate can be seen peeking around the corner. The hellhound that was by the eastern gate is now completely hidden behind the opposite column.




OOC
This installment covered the actions of those moving before the hellhounds and the hellhounds in round 1. Now all characters can post actions for the end of round 1, start of round 2.

Nimdor, Termix, and Kierna actions disregarded since they did not have initiative before the hellhounds.

1d20=8, 1d20=12, 1d20=2, 1d20=7, 1d20=14, 1d20=14, 1d20=13, 1d20=12, 1d20=15, 1d20=6, 1d20=2, 1d20=10, 1d20=18, 1d20=20, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=6, 1d20=5, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=10, 1d20=16, 1d20=12, 1d20=20, 1d20=12, 1d20=19, 1d20=9, 1d20=18


Round 1
23 Fugen. 1585N/1005E Protect vs evil. Mage armor. Full defense. Sets down lantern and moves.
19 Gizerak. 1605N/1005E Protect vs evil. Moves. Spiritual weapon vs hellhound 1. Very near hit with 8+mods.
17 Flarrgj. Protect vs evil. No action.
16 Takeshi. 1600N/1000E. Protect vs evil. Moves. Shoots hellhound 2. Hits with 12+mods. 2 pts of damage.
15 Hellhound 1 1570N/980E. . 5 pts from spiritual weapon round 1. Stands and moves behind pillar. Has cover (-4 to hit)
15 Hellhound 2 1555N/1040E. Prone. 2 pts of damage from bullet round 1. Stands and moves behind pillar. Has total cover.
15 Termix. Protect vs evil.
06 Kierna. Protect vs evil.
06 Nimdor. Protect vs evil.


  #82  
Unread 23rd of January, 2008, 17:07
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj quickly moves up to the front of the group, but does not charge out. Instead, he remains defensive, allowing the ranged elements to come in to play, waiting for the dogs to come to them.

((OOC: Ready action, attack, trigger'd with proximity, if possible. If not go defensive.))
  #83  
Unread 23rd of January, 2008, 17:42
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi dismounts, indicates the visible hell hound with his index finger and slaps Daisuke lightly on the rump, then he steps lightly to the side and prepares another bullet.

ooc:
Attempt dismount as a free action (DC 20) 15
Handle Animal automatic to instruct Daisuke to attack hell hound 1 as a free action,
load sling as a MEA
if quick dismount was successful 5' step to ensure line of sight and attack hell hound 1 with sling.
  #84  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 03:35
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.36 per day)
Nimdor draws his crossbow, and backs away for cover behind the others.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #85  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 06:05
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Now free of the lantern, Fugen readies himself for the approach of the hell hounds.

[OOC: Sorry about the initiative thing. Termix and Kierna should take the above outlined actions now.

Fugen readies an action to 5' step into and attack the first hell hound to come within 10' of him. Attack fighting defensively and using Combat Expertise to the max (net -7 to hit, +6 AC).

Gizerak readies action to cast prayer once both hell hounds are within 40' of him.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #86  
Unread 25th of January, 2008, 09:18
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:20 Hellhounds Round 2

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:20 Hellhounds Round 2

Termix casts his spell, and four lights appear close together in the center of the room, dispelling some of the shadows. The four corners of the room remain in darkness, shaded by the massive columns.

Takeshi dismounts, not as gracefully as he had hoped.
Kierna puts two arrows into one of the hellhounds, wounding it. It leaps out and meets Daisuke as the rodents advances towards it. The hellhound fails to sink its’ fangs into the druid’s companion.

Nimdor retreats and reloads. Gizerak prepares his prayer. Flarrgj draws back his sword and prepares to strike any approaching hellhound.

The other hellhound scurries from around its cover and advances towards the front rank, intending to stop beyond reach and breath fire. Fugen was prepared and leaps forward to meet the hellhound, kicking it in the head. He dodges the cone of fire it breaths, but Flarrgj is not as lucky and gets burned.




OOC
6,3:20 (1d20=15, 1d20=19, 1d20=2, 1d20=17, 1d20=14, 1d20=10, 1d20=11, 1d20=20, 1d20=15, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=2, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=8, 1d20=10, 1d20=18, 1d20=13, 1d20=20, 1d20=17, 1d20=7, 1d20=7, 1d20=11, 1d20=12, 1d20=10, 1d20=11, 1d20=15, 1d20=19)

Round 1
15 Termix. Protect vs evil. Casts dancing lights
06 Kierna. 1590N/985E. Protect vs evil. Steps and rapid fires at Hellhound1. Hits with 15+mods and 19+mods. 12 pts of damage.
06 Nimdor. 1600N/1010E. Protect vs evil. Draws xbow and backs up.

Round 2
23 Fugen. 1580N/1010E Protect vs evil. Mage armor. Full defense. Readies action.
19 Gizerak. 1605N/1005E Protect vs evil. Readies prayer.
17 Flarrgj. 39/47hp. 1585N/1000E. Protect vs evil. Moves, readies attack.
16 Takeshi. 1600N/1000E. Protect vs evil. Dismounts, orders Daisuke to attack, and reloads. Daisuke moves towards Hellhound 1.(1580N/985E)
15 Hellhound 1 1575N/980E. 5 pts from spiritual weapon round 1. 12 pts from arrows in round 1. Steps and attacks Daisuke. Misses with 2
15 Hellhound 2 1575N/1005E. Prone. 2 pts of damage from bullet round 1. 4 pts from Fugen in round 2. Moves towards Fugen. Triggers readied prayer. Also triggers Fugen’s readied action. Fugen steps and attacks. Fugen hIts with a 17 for 4 pts. Breathes fire. Fugen evades with 14+mods. Flarrgj fails to save with 10+mods. Flarrgj takes 8 pts of fire damage.

Note: prayer in effect for all.

  #87  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 02:01
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi grunts with effort as he hurls another sling bullet at the hell hound in front of him, then he calmly reloads again.
  #88  
Unread 26th of January, 2008, 03:21
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Moving forward a bit to get a better view, Termix directs several bolts of force at the hell hound he can see and moves his lights around to try and bring more of the room into view.

Kierna's hands continue in a near blur of motion as she let's fly with two more arrows.

Lashing out with hand and foot, Fugen tries to knock the wind from the hell hound to prevent it from breathing fire again.

Seeing that Daisuke is keeping the far hell hound from getting any closer, Gizerak moves to bring it into range and casts his spell.

[OOC: Termix moves to 1605N/1005E. Casts magic missle with all missles targeting hell hound 2. Directs dancing lights to move to 1540N/1000E - 1530N/1010E (same physical arangement, just forward 20').

Kierna uses rapid shot to shot two arrows at hell hound 1. If first arrow drops the hell hound, switch second arrow to target hell hound 2.

Fugen attacks hell hound 2 using flurry of blows (for 2 attacks) and Combat Expertise (-3 to hit, +3 AC).

Gizerak moves to 1605N/1000E and draws his weapon. What is his main weapon?]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 28th of January, 2008 at 04:27.
  #89  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 10:53
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj advances, his clothes still smoking, and lashes out at the offending hound with a vengeance.

((OOC: Attack Hellhound 2))
  #90  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 13:51
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:21 Hellhounds Round 3

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:21 Hellhounds Round 3

The magic missiles of Termix and arrows of Kierna finish of the hellhound facing Daisuke.

Nimdor’s sling and Gizerak’s spiritual weapon fail to harm the other hellhound, but Flarrgj and Fugen counterattack and bash it in to helplessness.

Termix moves the dancing lights further into the room, but still there is no sign of any other foe.




OOC
Gizerak’s main weapon is the light mace

6,3:21 (1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=3, 1d20=8, 1d20=20, 1d20=16, 1d20=20, 1d20=11, 1d20=2, 1d20=20, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=16, 1d20=17, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=8, 1d20=6, 1d20=18, 1d20=1, 1d20=18, 1d20=6, 1d20=9, 1d20=1, 1d20=12, 1d20=10, 1d20=13)

Round 2
15 Termix. Protect vs evil. Move to 1605N/1005E. Cast magic missile at Hellhound1. 9 pts of damage.
06 Kierna. 1590N/985E. Protect vs evil. Shoots hellhound 1. Hits with 7+mods. 8 pts of damage. Killed. Switches to hellhound 2. Misses with natural 1.
06 Nimdor. 1600N/1010E. Protect vs evil. No action.

Round 3
17 Flarrgj. 39/47hp. 1580N/1000E. Protect vs evil. Steps and attacks hellhound 2. HIts with 19+mods for 6 pts of damage.
16 Takeshi. 1600N/1000E. Protect vs evil. Slings at hellhound 2. Misses with 3+mods.
Daisuke remains in place.(1580N/985E)
15 Gizerak. 1605N/1005E Protect vs evil. Moves and draws mace. Redirects spiritual weapon vs hellhound 2. Misses with 8+mods.
15 Fugen. 1580N/1010E Protect vs evil. Mage armor. Flurry vs hellhound 2. Hits with 20+mods. Confirms with 16+mods. Hits again with 20+mods, Fails to confirm. 6 pts of damage.
15 Hellhound 1 1575N/980E. 5 pts from spiritual weapon round 1. 12 pts from arrows in round 1. 9 pts from magic missile in round 2. 9 pts from arrow in round 2. Dead.
15 Hellhound 2 1575N/1005E. Prone. 2 pts of damage from bullet round 1. 4 pts from Fugen in round 2. 6 pts from Flarrgj in round 3. 12 pts from Fugen round 3.KOd.

Note: Gizerak’s prayer was already cast last round as a readied action, triggered when hellhound 2 approached within 40 feet (hellhound 1 was already within 40 feet).


Note: prayer in effect for all.


  #91  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 01:48
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Recalling Takeshi's warning about the possibility of a third hell hound, Fugen moves quickly across the room to check behind the far columns.

The others, meanwhile, venture forward a bit more cautiously.

[OOC: Fugen double moves to 1530N/1005E.
Kierna moves to 1560N/995E and readies an action to attack any enemy that comes into view.
Gizerak moves to 1595N/1000E and readies an action to redirect the spiritual weapon at any enemy that comes into view.
Termix picks up the bull's eye lantern, moves to 1595N/1005E and turns the lantern so that it illuminates the upper left corner of the room. He also shifts the dancing lights 20 ft to the right.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #92  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 07:17
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.36 per day)
Nimdor follows Fugen, but stays well back away from him in case he is attacked, crossbow ready.

<OOC: Move 20 ft. in the direction Fugen moves. Ready action to shoot the first foe Nimdor sees.>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #93  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 07:28
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi walks over to Daisuke and together the two of them attempt to track down the noise which Takeshi heard. He lets the others know whatever he finds.

ooc:
use the logical combination of scent, spot and track (survival) to locate the hell hound or its tracks.
  #94  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 14:29
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:22 Hellhounds Round 4

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:22 Hellhounds Round 4

Takeshi moves to rejoin his mount, and listens carefully for the other hellhound. He can still hear him, somewhere across the room. The hellhound is too far for Daisuke to be alerted to his scent. They have just begun a search...

Meanwhile, Termix has picked up the lantern and panned it around, and also manipulated his dancing lights to go further towards the opposite corner. Between the lantern and lights, he is able to penetrate the darkness in every corner of the room.

Fugen ventures deeper into the room, and triggers an ambush by another hellhound that was hiding behind one of the large pillars. As it charges for Termix, it is transfixed by an arrow from Kierna, bashed with the magical weapon force of Gizerak, and then Fugen delivers an axe kick to the hellhound’s head. It is knocked almost senseless. The hellhound seems dazed by the blows.

Nimdor fires as well but his shot lands far wide.




OOC
6,3:22 (1d20=15, 1d20=2, 1d20=11, 1d20=17, 1d20=5, 1d20=9, 1d20=20, 1d20=3, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=16, 1d20=2, 1d20=3, 1d20=12, 1d20=11, 1d20=10, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=2, 1d20=7, 1d20=9, 1d20=6, 1d20=2, 1d20=16, 1d20=1, 1d20=10, 1d20=10, 1d20=15, 1d20=4, 1d20=3)


Round 3
15 Termix. 1595N/1005E. Protect vs evil. Moves dancing lights, picks up lantern and moves.
06 Kierna. 1560N/995E. Protect vs evil. Moves and readies action.
06 Nimdor. 1580N/1005E. Protect vs evil. Moves and readies attack.

Round 4
17 Flarrgj. 39/47hp. 1580N/1000E. Protect vs evil. No action.
16 Takeshi. 1585N/990E. Protect vs evil. Listen 15+mods inc distance vs 2+mods move silently
Daisuke 1580N/985E. Handle animal to get daisuke to track. 17+mods. Success. Daisuke tries to track 5+mods. Fails.
15 Gizerak. 1605N/1005E Protect vs evil. Moves and readies spiritual hammer.
15 Hellhound 1530N/1000E. See below. Took 22 pts of damage in round 4.
15 Fugen. 1530N/1010E Protect vs evil. Mage armor. Moves, triggering readied action by Hellhound 3. Hellhound 3 charges and attack, but misses with 9+mods. This triggers shot from Kierna. It hits with 20+mods but doesn’t confirm crit with 3+mods. 8 pts of damage. It also triggers crossbow shot from Nimdor. Misses with nat 1. Also triggers spiritual hammer. Hits with 19+,mods for 7 pts. Fugen attacks and hits with 16+mods for 7 pts. Hellhound 3 is disabled.
  #95  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 16:50
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj immediately rushes out to back up Fugen, his sword swinging (if necessary).
  #96  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 07:07
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Taking advantage of the hell hound's disorientation, Kierna lets fly with two more arrows while Gizerak lets his spiritual weapon continue it's attacks.

[OOC: Fugen shouldn't have gotten an attack last round, as he was making a double move.

Kierna rapid shots the hell hound.

Gizerak takes no action, but the spiritual weapon keeps attacking.

Termix need not act.

Fugen will attack the hell hound if it manages to survive Kierna, the spiritual weapons, and Flarrgj's attacks.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #97  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 11:42
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:23 Hellhounds Aftermath

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:23 Hellhounds Aftermath

Despite its wounds, the hellhound makes a spitefull last attack, but his fangs are unable to sink in. The hound falls just as another arrow of Kierna pierces it. In moments it stops bleeding.

After cautiously checking the rest of the large room, the heroes confirm that there are no more foes lurking.




OOC
Continuing die rolls from last time

Round 4
15 Hellhound 3. Attacks Fugen. Misses with a 2. Takes 1 pts of damage. KOd.
15 Termix. 1595N/1005E. Protect vs evil. No action.
06 Kierna. 1560N/995E. Protect vs evil. Rapid shot. Rolls 3 & 12 + mods. second shot hits for 8 pts of damage.
  #98  
Unread 5th of February, 2008, 02:42
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
With the last hell hound defeated, Fugen takes his lantern back from Termix and the two of them split up their light sources (Fugen with his lantern, Termix with his dancing lights) in order to search through the small yard.

Gizerak, dismisses his spiritual hammer and joins in the search.

Kierna, on the other hand, focuses more on the two closed doors than the room itself and carefully listens at each for what might be on the other side of each.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #99  
Unread 5th of February, 2008, 04:41
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.36 per day)
"You know, this has got to be the worst stealth mission of all time. Oh well. We need to hurry up, no doubt the fact that the ettins are gone will be discovered soon. Plus, we're leaving a trail."

Nimdor gestures to the dead hell hounds.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 5th of February, 2008 at 04:44.
  #100  
Unread 5th of February, 2008, 05:07
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.21 per day)
Shaking his head, Fugen disagrees with Nimdor. The party's main reason for stealth was to avoid bringing down all the guardians of the palace on their head at once and thus far they had been completely successful at that.

Second, the information their prisoner had given them indicated that most of the living guardians slept during the night. Chances were that no one would discover the "missing" ettins until the morning and maybe not even then. The party didn't know how often the different guardians were in communication with each other and hadn't thought to ask their prisoner, but if there wasn't a practice of checking of the positions each morning, then the "missing" ettins could go undiscovered for quite some time.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren