Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 7th of January, 2008, 12:16
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj growls sans sound, still marvling at the oddity of the entirely silent battle, and charges in to attack the final Ettin.

((OOC:Charge if i have the room. If not, dont.
  #52  
Unread 8th of January, 2008, 04:36
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi rides forward into the light, following the dire rat he summoned as it pursues the second ettin. As he nears the ettin, he hurls the flames from his hand at it, and once more, they re-appear almost instantaneously in his hand.
  #53  
Unread 8th of January, 2008, 12:18
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:13 Ettins, Round 3

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:13 Ettins, Round 3

Fugen tumbles around the ettin, continuing to block his retreat, while Termix’ flaming sphere appears and rolls into the ettin from the northwest, further hedges the ettin in. None of the missles fired by Takeshi, Kierna, or Nimdor score, but Flarrgj follows the ettin and sinks his blade into the foe deeply.

The frustrated ettin takes out his aggression on the messenger that keeps blocking his escape. Fugen easily dodges the first Morningstar, but dodges into the path of the other Morningstar that swings in simultaneously. It cracks open his skull, and Fugen crumbles. The ettin steps over him, taking some measure of cover around the corner of the stables.




OOC
6,3:13 (1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=4, 1d20=14, 1d20=3, 1d20=4, 1d20=5, 1d20=8, 1d20=17, 1d20=7, 1d20=6, 1d20=15, 1d20=16, 1d20=19, 1d20=19, 1d20=13, 1d20=9, 1d20=5, 1d20=8, 1d20=9, 1d20=16, 1d20=9, 1d20=3, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=10, 1d20=1, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=14)

Round 3
19 Fugen negative 1/24hp. 1940N/985E, Protect vs evil, prayer, and mage armor in effect. Attack ettin, fighting defensively and using Combat Expertise to the max (total -7 to hit, +6 AC). 1 . MIss. Tumble to 1940/985 going around ettin. 30 vs. DC 15 to avoid AoOs. Unconscious and bleeding after ettin KOs in round 3.
19 Takeshi 1000E/1925N Protect vs evil and prayer in effect. Moves and throws flame. Misses with 5+mods.
19 Dire rat 1945N/1000E. Appears and attacks ettin. Misses with 13+mods.
19 Gizerak. Bless, Protect vs evil and prayer in effect. Casts doom on ettin.
19 Termix 1855N/995E. Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. Casts flaming sphere, placing the sphere on ettin 2 in 1945/990. Ettins fails save with 4+mods. 6 pts of damage
19 Flarrgj 1935N/1000E Prayer and protect vs evil in effect. Moves and attacks ettin. Hits with 14+mods. 12 pts of damage.e
19 Kierna. 1910N/995E Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. Step right and shoot ettin. Misses with 3 & 4.
10 Nimdor – 1900N/2010E. Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. Reloads and shoots. Misses with 5.
07 Ettin 1 1935-40N/1005-10E. . Prayer=-1 attack, dmg, saves, skill checks, 13 pts from Flarrgj, 9 pts from Kierna, 11 from Nimdor in round 1. 13 from scorching ray & 14 pts from Flarrgj, & 15 pts from arrows in round 2. Dead.
07 Ettin 2 1935-40N/985-990E. Prayer=-1 attack, dmg, saves, skill checks. First attack= 14+mods hits. 11 pts of damage. Second attack 9+mods Barely misses thanks to protect vs evil and prayer. 9 pts from fireball and 6 pts from Fugen in round 1. 7 pts from flame in round 2. 6 pts from flaming sphere, 12 pts from Flarrgj, in round 3. Misses Fugen with 8+mods and hits with 17+mods. 16 pts of damage.


  #54  
Unread 8th of January, 2008, 12:52
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj continues to press the giant, stepping over his fallen ally, sure that another will take care of him.
  #55  
Unread 8th of January, 2008, 14:28
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.33 per day)
Oh goddamn! What the hell... Fugen! What are you doing? Get up! Sheesh, do I have to do everything!?

Nimdor once again, loads his crossbow, and moving foward, gets ready to shoot.

<OOC: load light crossbow, move to 1920 N/ 1010 E>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #56  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 06:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.19 per day)
He's better than I thought Fugen thinks as the ettin's morning star slams through his defenses and knocks the courier unconcious.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group continues to hammer home.

[OOC: Fugen stabalization roll: 15 <- Note d100 roll.

Kierna 5' step to 1915/1005 and rapid shot ettin 2.

Termix move to 1900/1010 (after Nimdor moves) and redirect flaming sphere to 1940/990 (into ettin).

Gizerak casts spiritual weapon directing the weapon to target ettin 2.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #57  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 10:34
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi dismounts and flings fire at the ettin once more, the with a quick word orders Daisuke to press the attack.

ooc:
dismount and step to 1930 N 1005 E, attack with produce flame, as a free action order Daisuke to attack the Ettin, dire rat also attacks.
  #58  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 14:01
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:14 Ettins, Round 4

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:14 Ettins, Round 4

The corner hides the ettin from Gizerak and Termix, so they are not able to target it with spells.

Takeshi’s rodents harass the ettin but fail to sink in their teeth. His thrown flame is too high and sails over the ettin.

Flarrgj continues his advance, slashing the ettin. One of Kierna’s arrows lands in its shoulder.

The ettin backs away down the side corridor, drops one Morningstar and grabs the unconscious Fugen by the collar. He raises the other Morningstar high and holds it threateningly in check, looking into the eyes of Flarrgj. The ettin’s threat is made clear through his body language: “Let me escape or I will kill this hostage.”




OOC
6,3:14 (1d20=14, 1d20=7, 1d20=11, 1d20=18, 1d20=2, 1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=4, 1d20=16, 1d20=11, 1d20=18, 1d20=9, 1d20=5, 1d20=9, 1d20=18, 1d20=16, 1d20=3, 1d20=15, 1d20=2, 1d20=20, 1d20=12, 1d20=12, 1d20=8, 1d20=19, 1d20=3, 1d20=6, 1d20=10, 1d20=3, 1d20=7, 1d20=5)

Round 4
19 Fugen negative 2/24hp. 1940N/985E, Protect vs evil, prayer, and mage armor in effect. Unconscious and bleeding after ettin KOs in round 3. Stabilization roll of 15/100 fails.
19 Takeshi 1000E/1925N Protect vs evil and prayer in effect. Steps to 1930E/1005N. Throws flame. Misses with 14+mods inc firing into melee and cover.
19 Daisuke 995E/1935N. Moves and draws AtO from ettin.. 7+mods. Misses. Attacks. misses with 1.
19 Dire rat 1945N/1000E. Summoned until round 7. Misses with 11+mods.
19 Gizerak. 1880N/995E Bless, Protect vs evil and prayer in effect. Steps but still no line of sight for spell.
19 Termix 1880N/1000E. Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. No line of sight to cast.
19 Flarrgj 1940N/995E Prayer and protect vs evil in effect. HIts with 18+mods. 9 pts of damage.
19 Kierna. 1915N/1005E Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. Step and rapid shot. 2+mods misses. 8+mods hits. 7 pts of damage.
10 Nimdor – 1920N/2010E. Prayer, bless, and protect vs evil in effect. Moves and loads xbow.
07 Ettin 1 1935-40N/1005-10E. . Prayer=-1 attack, dmg, savMoveses, skill checks, 13 pts from Flarrgj, 9 pts from Kierna, 11 from Nimdor in round 1. 13 from scorching ray & 14 pts from Flarrgj, & 15 pts from arrows in round 2. Dead.
07 Ettin 2 1935-40N/980-985E. Prayer=-1 attack, dmg, saves, skill checks. Doom in effect.
. 9 pts from fireball and 6 pts from Fugen in round 1. 7 pts from flame in round 2. 6 pts from flaming sphere, 12 pts from Flarrgj, in round 3. 9 pts from Flarrgj and 7 from arrow in round 4. Steps west, grabs Fugen’s collar and readies attack (can’t ready a coup de grace because it is a full round action. Readies attack (with easy conditions due to KOd foe).


  #59  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 14:57
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.33 per day)
Damnit! I knew this might happen! Hrrrm.... Not the brightest of creatures, so maybe...

"We'll let you go if you promise to leave here and not warn the other people in the palace."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #60  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 15:55
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj desperately looks around in a near panic at the forced decision until Nimdor steps up.
  #61  
Unread 10th of January, 2008, 15:59
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi calmly draws a wand from his belt and mutters a magic word as he touches the tip of the wand to his right palm, which glows with a pale blue light. As he does so, he assumes a very passive stance, keeping his head down so as not to provoke the Ettin.

ooc:
retrieve wand of clw, cast clw from wand.

Last edited by Boomlaor; 12th of January, 2008 at 10:25.
  #62  
Unread 13th of January, 2008, 13:21
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:15 Ettins, Round 5

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:15 Ettins, Round 5

Nimdor's words are in vain, for the ettin cannot hear anything. Neither can Takeshi's animal allies. Daisuke the dire badger leaps towards the ettin. The ettin's quick riposte reveals that it was poised to strke an attacker, not his hostage after all. In fact, this ruse is elementary. If the hostage's allies don't care about him, why should the ettin?

The morningstar whips out to strike the badger, but somehow it is mysteriously deflected. It seems to be the magic of the seven martyrs at work again.

The badger lands on the ettin and starts digging into the creature's hide with its claws. The ettin struggles, but it was already weakened. It finally succumbs to its several wounds and collapses.




OOC
6,3:15 (1d20=7, 1d20=13, 1d20=16, 1d20=11, 1d20=3, 1d20=14, 1d20=1, 1d20=20, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=9, 1d20=3, 1d20=14, 1d20=4, 1d20=18, 1d20=14, 1d20=15, 1d20=18, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=4, 1d20=10, 1d20=5, 1d20=20, 1d20=5, 1d20=12, 1d20=6, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=6)

Daisuke Moves and attacks. Triggers readied action from ettin. Ettin misses with 7+mods inc doom, protect vs evil. Badger hits with 13+mods. (claw), 16+mods (claw), and misses with bite. 10 pts of damage. Ettin KOd and bleeding
  #63  
Unread 14th of January, 2008, 05:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.19 per day)
Moving forward in time to see the ettin go down, dropping Fugen's unconcious body in the process, Termix immediately dismisses the silence spell. He then continues forward and adds a cure light wounds from his own want to augment Takeshi's.

Waking up with a headache, Fugen flinches at the sounds around him which sound loud to his ears though the combined effects of the silence spell earlier and being unconcious. After taking a minute to gain his bearings, Fugen thanks Gizerak and Takeshi for their aid and then looks around to take in the battle's aftermath. Seeing the body of the ettin that knocked him out so close by, Fugen can't help but deliver a kick to it's prone form in an attempt to ease his frustration at having underestimated it's abilities.

Fugen then suggests stashing the bodies in the nearby stalls and then cleaning up the blood (both the ettins' and his own). The party could even take further efforts to hide the ettins' bodies within the stall so that they wouldn't be apparent to a casual observer. Given the fact that at least some of the guards in the palace were already on edge knowing that "Golock's henchmen" were on their way, the mysterious disappearance of the ettins guarding the gate could further wreck their morale.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #64  
Unread 14th of January, 2008, 12:59
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.33 per day)
"Okay, let's not do that again."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #65  
Unread 14th of January, 2008, 15:39
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj seems particularly shaken up from this battle, and gratefully goes to work hauling the Ettin's body towards the stalls and attempting to conceal them.
  #66  
Unread 14th of January, 2008, 22:44
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:16 Spirits

It is hard to distinguish the battle blood from the ettin's meal blood. The half-eaten cow explains most of the carnage.

The heroes haul the dead ettins away to stash into a stall in the stables. Meanwhile, they hear a familiar noise. It is the sound of the evil spirits, rising for the night. The shrieking and war-cries echo through the courtyard and into the stables. The heroes dispose of the final ettin and return to the torchlit intersection. Most of the spirit cries have faded away as they departed down the mountain, but the songs of two spirits can still be heard directly above. Eventually they cease, but only once their song is concluded. One pair of spirits must be stationed at the top of the gate tower.




OOC
Fugen did not stabilize in round 5, so he dropped to -3. Then he regains 17hp total from the two CLWs, which brings him to 14.
  #67  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 04:20
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi takes a few moments with his wand to ensure that the entire party is fully healed before carefully replacing it in his belt once more.

"Well then, shall we now seek out the Emperor, may his name ever be praised?"
  #68  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 05:14
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.33 per day)
"I think we had better hurry, the longer we stay, the worse our chances for sucess"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #69  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 08:55
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.19 per day)
So long as we don't try taking on a pair of ettins again.

Signing, Fugen indicates that he's having trouble seeing in the dark. The light of the ettin's bonfire has alleviated that problem for the moment, but should the head out to explore again, they would need to use a lantern. At the same time, however, the light would give them away if they weren't careful.

He then points to upwards to the battlements and then into the outer yards with a questioning look on his face.

Archers & sphinxes or hell hounds.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #70  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 10:46
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.33 per day)
"If we try this during the day, we're more likely to be seen. The darkness helps us and harms us equally. We might want to find a place to rest until almost dawn."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #71  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 11:57
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
"No." Says Flarrgj. "We have stalled for to long, let us push on."
  #72  
Unread 15th of January, 2008, 22:33
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:17 Recovery

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 3:17 Recovery

As they whisper about their plans, Takeshi uses his wand twice more. Fugen is now completely healed.




OOC:
Maps of every level of the palace are here: -> http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...ead.php?t=5087
so you can plan your route
  #73  
Unread 17th of January, 2008, 03:20
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
"If I recall correctly, the entrance to the crypt was not far from the outer gardens. We might as well follow a route that either Fugen or I am familiar with."
  #74  
Unread 17th of January, 2008, 03:32
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.19 per day)
Signing, Fugen disagrees with the idea of heading straight for the crypt. The party would be better off dealing with a few more of the differing guardians in the palace first. Once they had freed the emperor from his captivity, their ability to combat those guardians would be hampered by the need to protect the emperor. As a result, Fugen felt it was a better idea to clear the way between the crypt and the Court of Glory first. They might also want to consider taking on those guardians that could effectively interfere with the ritual, like Bon Quo.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #75  
Unread 17th of January, 2008, 05:08
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.25 per day)
Takeshi acquiesces to Fugen's logic and falls into step behind him.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren