Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 8th of February, 2007, 12:20
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj stands in the road, moving forward so as to be in the front of the group. He sets his feet, holding his sword in front of him with determend stance, ready for it to come. He listens intensly to try and hear the lizard beast coming.

"Tell me when it gets close!" He cries out, blindfolded. "And tell me how close it is and where it is so that i may combat it."

OOC: Full defence
  #27  
Unread 8th of February, 2007, 14:46
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
6:4 The Golem Pauses to Smash

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 6:4 The Golem Pauses to Smash

Kierna and Linus unleash a barrage of arrows that pierce the tough hide of the basilisk.

The basilisk intends to take cover, but first attempts to bite the golem that is walking nonchalantly past it on the return trip. The mighty jaws of the basilisk are not quite able to render any real harm to the golem, but the attack is sufficient to trigger the golem’s automatic self defense programming. The golem pauses to smash the head of the basilisk, then resumes it’s trip back to the henchmen.

The golem arrives in front of the group, unphased but with fists that are soaked in basilisk blood. Back in the fortress, the basilisk lies dying.



OOC
5,6:4 (1d20=16, 1d20=8, 1d20=19, 1d20=19, 1d20=14, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=11, 1d20=14, 1d20=16, 1d20=6, 1d20=17, 1d20=15, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=6, 1d20=1, 1d20=1, 1d20=20, 1d20=20)
5,6:4 Golem berzerk roll (1d100=22)

Surprise round: Linus hits with 16+mods. 2 pts of damage. Kierna hits with 8+mods and 19+mods. 7 & 10 pts of damage. 19pts total.
Round 1:
22 Kierna. Shoots again. Hits with 15+mods and 7+ mods. 8 & 8 pts of damage
22 Fugen. Delays.
17 Nimdor. Looks away.
16 Termix . No action.
16 Golem. Returns, triggering Basilisk’s readied action. Basilisk attacks golem with 18+mods. Hits for 9 pts of damage. Fails to overcome DR. Golem stops to retaliate. Hits with 11+mods. 15 pts of damage to basilisk.. Basilisk is knocked prone, unconscious and dying. Berzerk roll 22/100. Golem doesn’t go berserk.

Last edited by crueldespot; 8th of February, 2007 at 22:35.
  #28  
Unread 8th of February, 2007, 14:54
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
Nimdor runs up with his dagger, takes a moment, and then stabs it to finish it off.

<OOC: Move up and coupe de grace>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #29  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 02:38
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
As the golem strikes back at the basilisk, Fugen flinches, half expecting it to then proceed to come after them.

That would be our luck with the way this mission is going.

The golem, however, remains under control and returns to the party as if nothing had happened. Well, almost. Its huge hands are covered in blood.

Looking at the others, Fugen finally smiles, the tension of encountering a creature that could turn one to stone suddenly released. Opening his saddle bags, Fugen puts the tanglefoot bag and alchemists fire away and then signs to the others, asking if they think the group should make a quick sweep through the abandoned fort, or just continue on their way.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #30  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 02:45
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.75 per day)
Linus relays Fugen's thoughts to the group then adds his thoughts. "That went quite a bit smoother than I think any of us thought it would, so maybe we have a few minutes to spare to search the fort. If this thing has accosted merchants, then I suspect there's likely to be goods and coinage."
  #31  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 02:48
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
"Sounds like a good idea to me. Then there's another option: should we return and notify them that the basilisk is dead?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #32  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 05:59
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
Shaking his head, Fugen responds to Nimdor's suggestion by pointing out that there was another guard station in Deng province blocking the path from that end. They would simply tell the guards there in Deng province that the basilisk was dead and they would take care of alerting Zhi Yi.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #33  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 06:09
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj, still standing in the center of the road blindfolded, asks the air;

"Is... is it dead?"
  #34  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 12:45
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
"Nope, not yet. You'd better keep the blindfold on, it's coming toward you!"

Nimdor seems to be enjoying himself as Flarrgj becomes more and more nervous.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #35  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 15:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
6:5 They Explore the Fortress

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 6:5 They Explore the Fortress

Nimdor is able to tease Flarrgj a little longer before the laughter of one of the bystanders gives it away.

After having a little fun at Flarrgj's expense, they explore the fortress.

In the courtyard there are two carts. Both are heavily loaded. One carries cloth including silk. The other is filled with tea and spices. A quick appraisal allows the henchmen to guess that the carts with their cargo are worth a combined value of about 1,600 gold pieces.

Stairs lead from the courtyard up to the towers and battlements. A quick search reveals the whole interior of the fortress to the be empty. It must have been cleaned out by the soldiers when they abandoned their post before the basilisk's arrival.



OOC:
133xp each for overcoming the basilisk.

Last edited by crueldespot; 9th of February, 2007 at 22:20.
  #36  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 02:57
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
Trader's goods. Of no real use to us.

After the sweep of the fortress is complete, Fugen signs to the others that they should be on their way. They'd already lost a day over this basilisk and needed to try and make up some time.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #37  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 04:27
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.75 per day)
"That's a pretty good haul worth of merchandise, though. I agree that we need to get moving, but it pains me to see that much good material going to waste. That's a lot more than we make working for Golock."
  #38  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 05:11
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj, who's eye's light up at the sight of the money (as usual) seems to have a idea.

"Perhaps we use the Golum to drag the wagon into cover, when we come back we sell it back to them?" He sugests.
  #39  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 07:08
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
"Or take it with us? I don't know, that's an enormous sum we could use, and hey, we found it, thus it is ours."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #40  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 07:44
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
Shaking his head, Fugen signs to indicate that the material is the rightful property of the merchants who had paid for it, or rather, since they were likely now little more than broken stone shells scattered outside the fort, their heirs. Given that they didn't have time to engage in a geneology mission, they would be best served by leaving it here and notifying the proper authorities in Deng who could take care of it.

Besides, the carts were fully laden and moving them anywhere would take time. They were already behind schedule and really shouldn't waste any more.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #41  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 08:07
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
"Fine, we'll come back for it later, but don't think I've given up! That's too much money to just give away when we've earned it."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #42  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 21:27
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
6:6 Another Military Checkpoint

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 6:6 Another Military Checkpoint

Leaving the carts, the henchmen proceed down the road. After descending for a mile, they find their road rising again as it crosses the last range. Past it, the road descends steadily for another 3 miles. The sun rising over their right shoulders illuminates the broad Valley of Deng spread out below them.

Two and a half hours after leaving the fortress, they have passed through the mountains into the foothills beyond. Ahead lies another military checkpoint. There appears to be some activity going on. As they approach, they see that there are two different forces present. A group of infantry in local militia uniforms is guarding the checkpoint. They are in a heated argument with a group of cavalrymen in Imperial Legion uniforms.
  #43  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 03:34
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
I wonder if the Imperial Legion has been dispatched to reman the fort?

Signing for the others, Fugen suggests that they politely interupt the argument as they likely could settle the issue at dispute.

He then quietly drops to the back of the group with eyes slightly downcast.

Let's find out a bit more about the local politics here in Deng before I make known my position. I don't want another encounter like we had in Zhi Yi.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #44  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 03:46
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
Nimdor nods as Fugen's message is translated, and then he steps forward.

"Excuse me good sirs, might I interrupt for a moment?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #45  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 16:56
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj remains silent and trys not to look to threatining or guilty.
  #46  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 21:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
6:7 The Argument is Put Aside

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 6:7 The Argument is Put Aside

Before they even get a chance to speak, the henchmen startle those at the outpost. The militiamen were guarding against the appearance of the basilisk but had been distracted by the argument. When they see movement downrange, they panic momentarily. By the time the henchmen arrive within conversation distance, their panic has given way to amazement. The argument is put aside as they react to the henchmen.

One of the militia sentries asks them "Did you come from ZhiYi Province? What happened to the basilisk?"

At the same time, the captain of the Imperial cavalry asks them "Are you the henchmen of Golock the Wizard?"
  #47  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 23:44
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.31 per day)
"Allow me to answer both of your questions. We did come from ZhiYi Province and as for the basilisk? We destroyed it. The passage is safe now. Oh, and we are henchmen of Golock."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #48  
Unread 12th of February, 2007, 03:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.17 per day)
We are expected? By members of the Imperial Legion no less. I would guess that in this place they would be allied to the Interim Government, members of the 5th Regiment, but I wouldn't have been so quick as to reveal our identity as Nimdor. I would have liked to confirm their identity first.

Especially after the encounter he had in ZunYan.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #49  
Unread 13th of February, 2007, 02:17
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.51 per day)
Kierna's left eyebrow inclines slightly when she realizes that the cavalrymen are waiting on them. She barely resists the urge to dismount and train her bow on the leader, instead waiting for his response and mentally preparing herself for yet another violent incident.
  #50  
Unread 13th of February, 2007, 04:42
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
6:8 The Colonel is Quite Eager

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 6:8 The Colonel is Quite Eager

The Imperial cavalry captain bows from the saddle. "We have been dispatched by Colonel Qian Xun, commander of the 5th regiment to escort you to his headquarters. The colonel is quite eager to take delivery of the golem before it is needed in battle, and was concerned that you could suffer interference in your travels. It appears that you are quite capable of handling interference, but it will be our humble pleasure to assist you the rest of the way."

The footsoldiers of the militia detachment are all excited to hear about the basilisk. "How did you destroy it? Was there any treasure?"



OOC: There are six imperial cavalrymen. They are CR 2-4. The ten local militiamen are CR 0.5 -2.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren