Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

Unread 19th of August, 2006, 10:50
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Okay, this version of the map is fully tidied up, templates are fully applied for each marked region, and the anomolies from the larger map (highway connections and the location of the metropolises) are noted.

It's in CC3 format for you CD, so let me know if there's anything you have questions about.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 19th of August, 2006 at 13:41.
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 12:44
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #136
BP, It appears to me that your attachment has my campaign map .jpg instead of the CC3 file you intended.

EDIT:
Meanwhile, here is my latest CC3 experiment. It shows roads and settlements in more detail. This is to reflect the increased knowledge that Fugen has gained from his research.

Last edited by crueldespot; 19th of August, 2006 at 12:46.
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 14:26
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Well, don't that beat all. I'll have to email you the file then. It's now too big to upload.

Also, I've posted my route proposal IC. I'd like for the other players to react to it, and for Termix to explain to Fugen exactly what Golock meant by his full description of the golem's speed. I prefer not to presume reactions for other characters, but I'm willing to do so if need be.

Anyway, I'll revise Fugen's plan to be a mounted one on Monday (either responding to other character's post, or presuming their reactions) and then I think we'll be ready to start the mission.

Unless, of course, anyone can think of anything else that we need to do before getting started.
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 14:30
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
Well, if we're only taking 1 or 2 mounts for scouting, then Nimdor doesn't need to steal one. He will however try to make off with some trail rations before we leave.
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 20:14
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Well, if we're only taking 1 or 2 mounts for scouting, then Nimdor doesn't need to steal one.
Ignore DM coughs at your own peril.
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 00:00
Linklegacy77

True, he's going to take one off somebody's hands.
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 00:10
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

If you intend for him to steal rations, or a mount, or anything else, then you had better hurry up and post it in-character.

I wanted to post the start of the journey last night, but there is clearly some more in-character planning and conversation that needs to be concluded first. As soon as that is resolved, you will be hitting the road.
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 01:37
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Conversation!

Now to see how well we can manage a conversation in PBP. They're normally really sluggish. However, they're also the best opportunity for character development so they're fun to. You just have to strike a comprimise between speed and depth.

Speaking of comprimise, I know my last post is phrased so that Termix is supposed to respond again, however, since we know what his response will be (at least its gist) I can step things forward without generaljimx actually posting that response if you want to get the journey started CD.
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 06:52
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Regarding Nimdor's latest theft attempt:

As I stated back in the Nimdor Interlude, I am using the rules from "The Living Greyhawk Campaign Sourcebook" to resolve any attempts to steal things between adventures The provide a method sort of similiar to an income check for the craft or profession skills.

According to those rules, a character rolls once for each week, so he can't reroll for the rest of the week. You are still in the time period that was covered by your previous roll. Therefore if he wants a pony before the next morning, he will have to buy it.

Here is an image that I printscreened from the LGCS sourcebook. Please review. Note that a "TU" is the same thing as a week.

Unread 21st of August, 2006, 07:19
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Rules Clarification Needed: CD, I know that psionics don't work in this campaign setting, however, there are some non-psionic feats in the Psionics section of the SRD. Will you allow those feats? In particular I'm thinking about Open Minded (Benefit: 5 skill points).
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 08:20
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Yes. Non-psionic feats from the psionic feats chapter are allowed. Open minded, cloak dance, rapid metabolism, etc. They aren't psionic (despite the chapter they are found in) and they are in the SRD, so they are legal.
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/psionicFeats.htm
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 08:38
Linklegacy77

Oh, I didn't know that, since I don't have Greyhawk. Alright, then Nimdor will purchase one.
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 10:42
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

I wouldn't expect anyone to be familiar with it unless they play Living Greyhawk. But is is the only system I have ever seen for resolving attempts to use sleight of hand against the public at large (as opposed to a specific target). If Nimdor wants to steal something from a specific NPC during an adventure, then we'll use the normal method in the PHB.

Now that you know the system, please specify which chart you want to use when Nimdor tries to gain income through sleight-of-hand between adventures.
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 10:44
Linklegacy77

For now, he's going to use the typical mark chart.

Although, I will say that I would normally like to go it 1v1 on an NPC.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 02:42
trendel
Wight

Member: #1482
well, I'm moved in to the new place now, but won't have access to the interweb until Thrusdayish. I'll be trying to post from work, but can't guarantee that. I'm kind of looking forward to this adventure. I have a feeling it will pretty interesting.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 04:07
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Excellent. This might help shore up the skill point deficency I'm running into as I think about Fugen's development.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 05:01
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Extra gold will be awesome, too. I was just noticing that Kierna is well below average wealth for her level.

I'm like Jesus, but with more car chases. -BigRedRod

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 05:26
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
I noticed Linus was short, and lacked gold too (hah!), but I thought that was more due to the power level of the campaign. I think Linus is going to be a straight rogue 20 (at least that's the plan for now). I intend to bump up his bluff a lot and look into feinting in combat, as well as keep tumble maxed out to move more towards the combat rogue, and let Nimdor concentrate on being the skill monkey, but we'll see. Rogues get so many skill points I may just end up keeping up with the trapfinding skills too.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 11:32
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

The more details you provide about your travel plans the better: marching order, what sort of accomodations you want, what time of day or night you plan to travel, etc.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 11:46
Linklegacy77

Nimdor, being the new guy, leaves that up to the others.

BTW: He'll buy the cheapest mount that doesn't look like it would die on him.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 11:46
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Member: #1504
Termix is going to suggest only travel during the day, and common accomodations during the whole trip. Though more people are out during the day, its harder to get ambushed because you can usually see better. He is also going to suggest that he and the golem stay toward the middle of the group, perhaps a circle with the two in the center. The farther the golem is from people, the less chance there is of it being tampered with. Termix is the only one to command it, so he is fairly important to keep alive as well.

And that's my two copper.
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 12:05
Linklegacy77

How much did Nimdor spend on the pony?
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 13:13
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Pony=30GP + Bit and bridle 2GP + saddle (recommended) 10GP. If you want, you can save 10GP by taking one with a CON of 6 and 5hp.

SRD Equipment: Mounts and Related Gear
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 13:16
Linklegacy77

He'll pay the 42 gp
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 00:41
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

I think the presence of the golem will cause most commoners to give us a wide berth, so we should be able to travel without much hinderance from crowds. I also suggest that we stay on the roads as much as possible so as to avoid any possible pitfalls. We might be able to cut corners going off-road, but if we're slowed down by the terrain, we won't save any time (and might lose some).

I wasn't with the group the last time they traveled the shortcut road, so I don't know what the crowds are like, but I think that ZunYan is about the only place where it might make sense to take a short cut since the short cut is a road.