Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 01:08
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Seeing that the blessing of his deity will likely be needed, Gizerak moves down with the others, trying to get closer to the action. As he moves down to the next level, he draws his mace and prepares to attack.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless (cast), Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy(x2) (Domain: Produce Flame)
  #52  
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 01:16
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna dimly recognizes her peril as she steps out of the tower, trying to keep her distance from the phoera. She winces from the cuts and burns, hoping that she can hold out until help arrives. The twang of her bowstring snapping forward echoes through the entrance hall, and her fingers crack and bleed from the friction of her speed.

[same thing as last round - taking a 5' step back; Rapid Shot - +8/+8 ranged (d8+3/x3), Point Blank Shot bonus included.

Edit: One more thing - Kierna will spend action dice on attack rolls of 3-7 before modifiers]

Last edited by treehouse; 13th of May, 2006 at 03:08.
  #53  
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 02:54
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
With one of the fire birds harrassing Kierna, and another on the stairs on the way up, Fugen realizes that he's going to need to be creative to reach Kierna quickly. Moving over to the point on the current level where the floor is narrower than the one below, Fugen jumps down to first the second level, and then the first, drawing his sling so that he can attack the fire bird without getting burned.

[OOC: Move to 160N/180E on third level (45ft). Jump down to 155N/125E on level 2 (25ft). Jump down to 110N/100E on main floor (25ft). Jump (+11) and Tumble (+10) checks on both jumps to reduce damage (DC 15 both, each success reduces effective fall distance by 10 ft). Double move gets Fugen to about half way though second jump by my count. He'll have to finish the jump in the next round. Draw sling while moving. Use action dice on Jump rolls of 3 or lower and Tumble rolls of 4 or lower.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #54  
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 08:03
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
5:11 The Phoera Rnd 2 Cont’d

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:11 The Phoera Rnd 2 Cont’d

Fugen somersaults down to the second floor and bounces into the main hall. The pile of burned wood and masonry interferes with his landing, causing him to cut his shin open on some of the debris.

Linus moves into position where he can target the phoera down below, but it is a difficult shot due to the extreme angle, and he misses.

Flarrgj runs to the stairs that lead down to the second level, but once he turns the corner he realizes that the other phoera is climbing those stairs up towards him.



OOC

4,5:11 (1d20=10, 1d20=20, 1d20=2, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=4, 1d20=11, 1d20=6, 1d20=3, 1d20=3, 1d20=12, 1d20=19, 1d20=7, 1d20=13, 1d20=15, 1d20=8, 1d20=2, 1d20=5, 1d20=17, 1d20=13)

The actions for Gizerak and Kierna are not included in this installment, because I need to know how Flarrgj will react before I can resolve the actions that occur after his turn in initiative. He has 20 feet of movement remaining when he turns the corner and realizes the phoera is blocking his path down the stairs. Where does he go?

Round2 (continued)
16 Fugen E100/N110. Jumps down. DC for final tumble check is 20 instead of 15 due to severely obstructed floor. First jump 10+mods. First tumble 20 + mods. Second jump and second tumble both 2+mods. Action dice: +1 & +3. Fall damage for 10 feet: 6 pts. I understand that technically he should end the round in midair, but I am resolving the landing now for the sake of commonsense and gravity
16 Termix E210/N140. Readies an action to step and strike any enemy who comes within 10’ft
08 Linus E200/N155. Shoots at Phoera, Rolls 13+ mods inc –4 cover and –2 range. Misses
01 Flarrgj E190/N165. Moves to the stairs. He has already taken more than a single move, so he can’t attack or ready an action, but he has 20 ft of movement left.

  #55  
Unread 13th of May, 2006, 15:18
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj sees Fugen rushing to help Kierna and changes his atention tot he bird infront of him, charging i with a anti-climactic grunt.
  #56  
Unread 16th of May, 2006, 07:11
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
5:12 The Phoera Rnd 3

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:12 The Phoera Rnd 3

Kierna shoots her adversary through the eye into its brain, killing it.

Flarrgj rushes down the stairs straight into the oncoming phoera, who slashes and burns him mercilessly. A normal man would have been killed but Flarrgj is somehow able to keep his feet.

OOC

4,5:12 (1d20=20, 1d20=16, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=5, 1d20=19, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=11, 1d20=1, 1d20=9, 1d20=3, 1d20=18, 1d20=4, 1d20=16, 1d20=14, 1d20=14, 1d20=7, 1d20=16)


Round2 (cont’d)
01 Flarrgj E150/N155. Double move down the stairs.

Round 3
23 Gizerak E205/N150. Moves.
22 Kierna E80/N105. Step and full attack. Rolls a nat 20, confirmed with a 16, and misses with a 1. Damage 6,7,&4.
17 Phoera1 E95/ N100. Lost 6hp to Kierna in round 1 and 7 pts in round 2. Takes 17 pts in round 3. Dead.
17 Phoera2 E155/ N155. Lost 7hp from magic missile round 2. Full attack against Flarrgj. Hits with a 15, hits with a 20 (fails to confirm crit), hits with a 19. 14 pts (d6+1,d4+1,d4+1) +12 pts (3d6) fire damage. 26 pts of damage to Flarrgj




Edited to correct Gizerak's position

Last edited by crueldespot; 17th of May, 2006 at 12:04.
  #57  
Unread 16th of May, 2006, 08:48
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix sees Flarrgj run past him, and then down the stairwell. Knowing full well that he should have it handled, Termix just moves to watch and block the path in case Flarrgj should fall.

OOC: Move to top of stairs between level 3 and 2.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #58  
Unread 16th of May, 2006, 12:49
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Pleased that her aim was true when it really mattered, Kierna advances into the tower again, looking for a sign of the other phoera.

As she searches for her next target, she glances at Fugen. "Are you alright?"

Before he can answer, Kierna hears fighting on the stairwell. Pulling another arrow from her quiver, she rushes towards the commotion.

[Double move to E130/N110; can I see the last phoera from here?]

Last edited by treehouse; 17th of May, 2006 at 12:24.
  #59  
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 13:13
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj moves forward and attacks with all his strength.

((Full attack))
  #60  
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 20:17
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
5:13 The Phoera Rnd 4

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:13 The Phoera Rnd 4

Linus moves to the top of the stairs and fires an arrow into the phoera, but it does not hinder the bird.

The badly wounded Flarrgj swipes at his opponent, but in vain. The phoera cuts the barbarian’s throat with a feiry claw. Flarrgj drops his axe and falls helplessly on the stairs, spewing a fountain of blood.

The phoera looks on its fallen prey hungrily, but reluctantly turns its attention upward towards the source of the arrow.



OOC

4,5:13 (1d20=18, 1d20=8, 1d20=2, 1d20=16, 1d20=3, 1d20=13, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=6, 1d20=20, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=5, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=10, 1d20=20)

Round3 (cont’d)
16 Fugen E100/N110. No action.
16 Termix E190/N160. Moves
08 Linus E190/N165. Moves and shoots. Rolls 18+mods –4 cover= hit. 4 pts of damage.
01 Flarrgj E150/N155. Attacks. Rolls 8+mods. Miss. 8 pts of dmg from Phoera2. Unconscious and bleeding.

Round 4
23 Gizerak E195/N155. Moves.
22 Kierna E130/N110. Double move.
17 Phoera1 E95/ N100. Dead.
17 Phoera2 E155/ N155. Lost 7hp from magic missile round 2. 4 pts from Linus arrow in round 4. Full attack against Flarrgj. 2,16,&3+mods. The 16 hits for 6+1 dmg and 1 fire damage.


  #61  
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 01:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Grimacing a bit at the split in his shin from the debris on the floor, Fugen glances down at it and then at the dead body of the pheora and shrugs. Turning around, Fugen tuns towards the stairs and makes his way up towards the stairwell battle where the other fire bird is still alive and kicking.

[OOC: Double move up the stairs and around the 2nd level.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #62  
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 05:38
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix watches as his big friend falls. Not hesitating in the least to risk his life, he sends bolts of force down the stairwell, and then his body. He uses himself as a literal meat sheild for the two halflings who are not much bigger than the pheora.

"May the Fire Lord of Force protect me!!!"

OOC: Cast magic missle then move down stairwell to 5 foot square 10 away from Flarrgj's body. If I can't get a magic missle off first, cast it after moving.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #63  
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 13:05
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna takes the steps two at a time, looking above and over her shoulder for the other phoera, one hand at her quiver.

[Double move as far as she can up the stairs - if, after the first move, she can see the phoera, she'll fire an arrow; I don't think she'll have an angle on him after the first move, but I could be mistaken]
  #64  
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 06:00
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Gizerak finally can make out that the battle is not going well for Flaargj. Following Termix's lead, moves closer to the beast so that he can attempt to call upon his deity's favor.

"Cower before the might of Sha-gaat, Duke of the Western Flames! See the power of the royals that spawned your kind beast!"

OOC: I totally can't figure out the maps. Gizerak is going to move forward and if he's within range (60' and has line of effect) he's going to make a rebuke/command check on the phoera, using an action dice if the raw roll is between 7-10. If he can't get that close, he'll just take a double move, to get closer to Flaargj to heal him.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #65  
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 07:20
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:14 The Phoera Rnd 5

Kierna and Fugen continue to race upstairs. Kierna reaches the wall around which they had trouble crawling earlier.

Termix blasts the phoera with another pair of magic missiles. The phoera now seems gravely wounded.

Linus fires his bow down the stairs, but Termix is blocking his field of fire so he misses.

Gizerak reaches the top of the stairs beside Linus. His rebuke is effective. The phoera does not attack, but rather cowers on the stairs.



OOC
4,5:14 (1d20=10, 1d20=13, 1d20=14, 1d20=11, 1d20=16, 1d20=17, 1d20=14, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=15, 1d20=10, 1d20=3, 1d20=16, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=6, 1d20=14, 1d20=8, 1d20=20, 1d20=4)

Round4 (cont’d)
16 Fugen E150/N160. Double move
16 Termix E200/N160. Casts magic missile. 7 pts from two missiles. Moves downstairs.
08 Linus E190/N165. Rolls 13 to hit +mods –4 cover = miss.
01 Flarrgj E150/N155. Unconscious and bleeding. Roll to stabilize 13/20 fails.

Round 5
23 Gizerak E195/N165. Rolls to rebuke. 14+mods on turning undead table is sufficient. Roll of 9 on 2d6+mods is sufficient turning damage. The phoera is rebuked.
22 Kierna E120/N145. Double move.
17 Phoera1 E95/ N100. Dead.
17 Phoera2 E155/ N155. Lost 7hp from magic missile round 2. 4 pts from Linus arrow in round 3. 7 more pts from magic missile in round 4. Rebuked.


  #66  
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 07:41
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Continuing to move towards the battle above, Fugen reaches the wall that gave the group difficulties earlier and moves to help Kierna out as she moves around the wall.

[OOC: Not sure if Fugen can move far enough to actually provide any assistance, but he will if he can.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #67  
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 08:41
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna moves to the edge of the wall, jutting out over empty space 20 feet above the main hall's stone floor. She glances down, wishes that she hadn't done so, and puts her bow in the front casing of the quiver at her back. She looks back at Fugen as he ascends the stairs.

Best to wait until he gets here.

[If Fugen can't reach her this round, delay. If he can, she'll make her Climb check now - base modifier +6. She'll use an action dice on a base d20 roll of 3-8 without a successful aid, or 1-6 with a successful aid. She may also attempt to aid Fugen on his Climb check; he will determine the necessity of that, however.]
  #68  
Unread 19th of May, 2006, 22:27
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
With the phoera out of the way for now, the halfling priest runs to Flaargj and kneels beside him. Closing his eyes, he utters a prayer that escapes his mouth like a small breeze. Leaning his head over the charred and bleeding body, he blows air across the body and a fine mist of cool, pure water begins to settle on Flaargj's wounds. The burns begin to fade from the dry, black, cracked flesh to the smooth of new skin, pink from the heat that so recently harmed it.

OOC: Channel Resist Energy into a Cure Moderate wounds. 2d8+3 points of healing.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless (cast), Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy(x2, cast once) (Domain: Produce Flame)
  #69  
Unread 20th of May, 2006, 06:03
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix moves up, noticing that this precious bird has stopped attacking. He can also tell that it is in much pain.

I am sorry my friend. Your pain will be over soon...

Termix grabs his quarterstaff with both hands, trying to inflict as much damage as possible so as to only have to hit the pheora once. As he does this, it is evident that he is not taking any pleasure in it what-so-ever.

OOC: Move up, switching quarterstaff to two handed. Attack pheora.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal

Last edited by generaljimX; 21st of May, 2006 at 02:29.
  #70  
Unread 22nd of May, 2006, 08:59
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Flarrgj walks towards the light

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:15 Flarrgj walks towards the light

Though Fugen is not sure how to help Kierna, she manages to get around the wall safely and continue towards the battle on the stairs. The battle, however, is over.

The blow from Termix finishes the phoera. It sprawls down the stairs, blood flowing across the stone floor in a widening pool.

Gizerak realizes that he has reached Flarrgj too late. The barbarian’s heart is stopped and his body is grey.

Flarrgj finds himself in utter blackness, without pain or sensation. He feels a breeze and turns towards a beautiful light that beckons in the distance. Weightless, he walks towards the light. As he approaches it, he feels heat emanating from the light. He wonders what fate is in store for him.

Gizerak casts his healing spell without hesitation. Then, a moment after the spell is cast, Flarrgj’s eyes flutter open and his breathing resumes. He is back from the brink of death.

Flarrgj finds himself looking up at the small priest. The pain of his wounds and the the smell of battle’s aftermath inform him that he is back in the land of the living.



OOC
4,5:15 (1d20=3, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=12, 1d20=2, 1d20=9, 1d20=9, 1d20=14, 1d20=11, 1d20=16, 1d20=15, 1d20=19, 1d20=7, 1d20=2, 1d20=12, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=14)

Round5 (cont’d)
16 Fugen E150/N160. Rolls to assist Kierna. 3+mods. No help.
16 Termix E200/N160. Seeks to finish off the phoera. Rolls 15+mods. Hits. 4 pts of damage. Phoera is unconscious and bleeding.
08 Linus E190/N165. No action.
01 Flarrgj E150/N155. 20/20 Fails to stabilize. Action point automatically stabilizes.

Round 6
23 Gizerak E195/N165. 14 pts healed. Flarrgj revived.
22 Kierna E120/N145. Climbs around wall. Succeeds with a 20+mods.
17 Phoera1 E95/ N100.
17 Phoera2 E155/ N155.
  #71  
Unread 22nd of May, 2006, 11:29
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix takes another step down so as to allow Flarrgj to get up. He kneels down, and touches the now blood soaked wing of the fallen pheora.

I'm sorry it had to come to this. If only you were less animalistic and more intelligent...

"I beleive Kierna and possibly Fugen are the only others hurt. Last I saw, they were headed up this way."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #72  
Unread 23rd of May, 2006, 06:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Disconcerted by how quiet it's become up ahead so suddenly, Fugen does his best to get around the wall fragment in front of him, using any help that Kierna can provide.

Gah! This is difficult. I really should work on my climbing skills at some point. Being a "henchman" involves much more varied terrain than the usual roads of a courier.

After getting around the wall fragment, Fugen moves quickly, making short work of the small gap in the floor, to reach the stairs. Once there he thankfully finds that the quiet is due to the second fire bird being beaten, though Flarrgj definately looks the worse for the wear.

Signing, Fugen asks Gizerak how Flarrgj is doing and whether he's strong enough to continue with the task of breaking through the ceiling.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #73  
Unread 23rd of May, 2006, 10:23
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj's eye's flutter for a second and he squints, panting, as he sees the specticle in front of him, then the eye's close again for a second and the head goes back slightly a she chuckles to himself and stretches. The chuckle is a deep belly laugh and from the soul, but i is quickly over and he groans as he tries to sit up. Once reaching the correct position, he eye's his diminutive healer and once, a strange look of amusment on his face.

"My thanks Gizerak." He shakes his head again and sighs. "I would have known death would so enticing." He then assessis his condition to see if he can keep working.
  #74  
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 01:16
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna follows Fugen to where the rest of the group has congregated around Flarrgj.

He looks bad, but at least he'll live. Probably what I look like, actually.

She turns to Gizerak. "Please take care of Flarrgj first, but if you have any divine reserves left over to take the burn off of these-" she points at the various wounds on her legs and torso "-I would be grateful."
  #75  
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 02:25
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"Well, that was fun. Shall we -cackle- continue to hack through the roof? Or are we just gonna head down to kill some more fire things? I'm in favor of sticking to the plan, but then I'm not the one swinging the axe, and I'm not exactly the best archer on the planet either."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren