Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 12:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Chapter 4 Scene 3 Assault on the Tower of Mikon

Chapter 4, Scene 3 Assault on the Tower of Mikon

Kierna fires an arrow at the goblin on the battlements. The shaft sails silently into the goblin’s throat, and he falls to the ground with a clatter. The other goblin fails to notice the sound. He stares off obliviously in the other direction until a second arrow flies through his ear. Both visible sentries are now eliminated.



OOC

Surprise round: Kierna’s arrow shot: rolls an 8 + mods Adds an action point. +5. -4 due to cover, -2 due to range = hit. Damage 7 pts. Goblin is unconscious and bleeding.

Listen check for the other goblin sentry to hear his comrade fall: DC5. Rolls a 3+mods –4 (distance) = Fails. Still unaware.

Next round Kierna arrow shot 18+ mods. Hits. 9 pts of damage. Goblin is unconscious and bleeding.
  #2  
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 16:04
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj smiles to Kierna.

"Good shooting."
  #3  
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 23:17
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
Linus nods at Flarrgj's comments. "Alright. Now let's just hope that door doesn't squeak and wake everyone up." Linus carefully approaches the main entrance and searches the main door.
  #4  
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 23:30
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Kierna nods, and starts drifting forward ahead of the others, alert for any possible trouble, and waits at the gate.
  #5  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 01:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Remaining with the horses while the others start to head for the gate, Fugen takes the necessary minute or two that it takes to hobble or tie up the horses (if trees are avaliable) so that they will remain out of sight, and hopefully quiet, at least until the suprise is complete. That done, he follows the others.

There should be one more sentry behind the gate. Hopefully we'll catch him unawares too.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #6  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 02:06
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix approaches the gate with the others, but stays toward the back of the group.

I'm about as good in melee as a frog is at talking. Better let the others in front of me.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #7  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 10:09
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj drifts towords the front of the group. He steps aside to let one of the others open it, but is ready to bash it down if nessisary.
  #8  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 12:49
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:1 The Main Gate

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 3:1 The Main Gate

The group, minus Fugen, hustles up to the gate.

The gate is thick wood reinforced with iron. It appears to have been only charred during the fire. It fared better than the rest of the building, which lost most of it’s roof and is partially collapsed.

Linus determines that the gate is locked. In addition, the door does not rattle, which is to say that there is no “slack” in it. Something besides the lock is holding it shut.



OOC
Move silently raw rolls: Flarrgj 12, Gizerak 3, Kierna 19, Linus 11, Termix 15, modified by skill with –5 due to moving full speed. Hypothetical possible foe listen roll 5 + skill – distance mod, intervening door mod, etc= ?

Linus search skill 14+mod.

Invisible castle rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=346292
[12] = (12), [3] = (3), [19] = (19), [11] = (11), [15] = (15), [5] = (5), [14] = (14)


  #9  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 23:13
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"It must have some kind of bar across the doors."
  #10  
Unread 27th of January, 2006, 06:08
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
"Does anyone have some rope? Perhaps we can attempt to scale the walls to where the sentries were posted...."
  #11  
Unread 27th of January, 2006, 15:01
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj frowns at the large door.

"I dont think could brake down on own."

He furrows his brow and patts the wall, looking at at it and seeing how high it is.

"Perhaps i could throw halfling over?"

His face splits into a rather antisipating smile at the thought of this.

Last edited by Exarzun; 28th of January, 2006 at 14:39.
  #12  
Unread 27th of January, 2006, 15:03
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix checks his bag for rope, but doesn't have any. In his search, however, he finds his scrolls. He pulls them out of their container, looks them over, and looks at the door. Then, as if beaten, he puts them back where they were.

"No rope, and I don't think we will be able to bash the door down if it is barred. Any other ideas?"
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #13  
Unread 30th of January, 2006, 11:42
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
Lins moves back towards Fugen and the horses. Do you have any rope? The door is barred. Linus then moves back to the door and says, "Flarrgj. Give me a boost here." Linus ties one end of the rope around his waist and waits for Flarrgj's assistance. Once on top of the battlement, Linus will do a quick scan, trying to maintain some cover, and try to tie off the rope to something sturdy and toss it over the other side and climb down to the gate. Linus will then remove the bar.

OOC
Climb check per the OOC thread. Hide and Move Silently, Spot and Listen checks to the inside of the compound. Use Rope Check to tie off the rope to a strong tie point, Climb Check down, with Hide and Move Silently checks. Spot and Listen checks again at the bottom of the rope.
  #14  
Unread 30th of January, 2006, 22:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:2 Linus Notices Three Things

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 3:2 Linus Notices Three Things

By the time Linus runs all the way back to Fugen and gets the rope, Fugen is ready to join the rest of the group at the gate.

Once Fugen and Linus catch back up to the gate, Linus is ready to climb.

He does not have any particular training in climbing, but he is an agile fellow, and he has inherited the inborn halfling facility for climbing. With Flarrgj’s boost, he is able to make it to the top.

Looking down, Linus notices three things of importance:

Number 1, there is a ladder on the other side that he can climb down, just as depicted on their map.

Number 2, the door is not barred. There is a cord running from the inside door handle to the trigger of the ballista, rigged to fire once the door is pulled open. This is what was pulling the door shut.

Number 3, a goblin is napping just inside the gate. It is a good thing they couldn’t rattle it earlier, since the goblin is sitting with his back against the door. This lounging goblin appears to be on “door opening duty” as opposed to sentry duty.



OOC
Linus climb check roll 14+mods doesn’t quite reach DC20, but Flarrgj just barely makes a DC10 assist roll with a 7.

Linus rolls a 3 to move silenty, plus mods. Incredibly, this beats the goblin’s listen roll of 19 +skill minus ten for sleeping, -1 for distance.

Lounging goblin is a 205E/150N. Linus is on top of the wall at 205E/145N.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=350368
  #15  
Unread 30th of January, 2006, 23:36
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
Linus climbs down the ladder quietly and quietly kills the sleeping goblin. He then tries to disable the ballista mechanism without it going off.

OOC
That was a ladder? Silly me. Move silently and hide down the ladder. Coup de gras goblin. Disable Device check on ballista mechanism.
  #16  
Unread 31st of January, 2006, 01:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
More than willing to provide some rope, Fugen also grabs his saddle bags. There's no telling what will be needed inside the compound and with numbers against them, his alchemical items could help even up the fight.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #17  
Unread 31st of January, 2006, 06:41
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
As they wait for Linus to reappear from within the walls, Gizerak draws his mace and grips it nervously.

I do hope nothing bad happens to our sneaky friend...
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #18  
Unread 31st of January, 2006, 13:03
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:3 Murdering the Sleeping Goblin

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 3:3 Murdering the Sleeping Goblin
Linus balances across the wall and descends the ladder, silently murdering the sleeping goblin sentry. He is able to easily disarm the ballista trap by untying the cord.



OOC
Balance DC 15. Linus Succeeds with 11+mods. Move silently 18+ mods succeeds vs goblin listen roll of 15+mods inc –10 (asleep), Coup de Grace vs goblin = 6 pts of damage. Goblin succeeds on survival fortitude save with a 20+mods, but is dying anyway. Disable device 15+mods. Succeeds vs DC5.
Invisible castle rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=351324
  #19  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 04:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
While being quiet verbally is second nature to Fugen, moving quietly is not something he is quite so adept at. Still, when Linus opens the gate, he makes his best effort, a tanglefoot bag in hand, just in case a large contingent of the goblin guard shows up unexpectedly.

Looking to the right, Fugen looks under the remains of the roof to see what kind of encampment the goblins have there, where their prisoner had indicated would be one.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #20  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 06:38
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj's size and very nature do not lead to being the most subtle of quiet of people, but he, like Fugen, does his best. He remains alert, trying not to move much at all, ready to take out the first threat that he see's.
  #21  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 07:28
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix is not quiet in the least bit, but tries his very best to be so. Termix is very spontaneous, so waiting is a very hard thing for him to do. He keeps himself in check, but is prepared to hit anything that appears for the best he can.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #22  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 07:43
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
Once the gate has been opened Linus tries to shush his companions as they enter. Linus points towards the goblin hut tents and creeps slowly towards them to eliminate their threat.
  #23  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 10:25
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj follows Linus, seeing a job more capable for him.
  #24  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 12:49
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
3:4 Creeping Slowely Towards the Huts

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 3:4 Creeping Slowely Towards the Huts

The former stables are now an empty set of walls. The only shelter is provided by a remaining corner of the hayloft, under which a squad of goblins have pitched their tents. The rest of the floor is covered in debris and ash.

Linus opens the gate softly, so that the band of henchmen can creep inside.

All of the heroes can now hear a conversation between several deep voices. The sound carries from another building. Linus, who understands the goblin tongue, can tell that the speakers are joking and gambling.

As Linus and Flarrgj lead the way to the nearest tents, they are horrified to hear a loud crash behind them. Termix has tripped over the prone form of the dying goblin, knocking over the ladder as he recovered.

The distant coversation abruptly stops, as does the snoring from the tents.



OOC
Raw rolls: Move silently checks: Fugen 7, Flarrgj 19, Gizerak 7, Kierna 19, Linus 7, Termix 1. Goblin listen check 12. Hero listen check 20. Modifiers: skill of course, with –1 for the goblins du to distance, and –10 due to sleep. –2. The heroes have –2 to move silently due to dense rubble.

Invisible Castle rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=352416


  #25  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 12:03
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj here's the sound, and winces as it happens. He hears the goblins stop talking, his eye's dart to linus, then he sprints around the corner roaring, atempting to take down the first goblin that comes into his sight.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren