Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 7th of April, 2005, 23:45
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Member: #1118
Star Wars (D20) WOTC Game want to play???

I am looking for two more players to start a Star Wars (D20) WOTC game (two spots are already filled). It is set one month after Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith. Palpatine after "cleansing the galaxy" of the Jedi Order wants to make sure that others do not try to gain additional power and threaten his reign. He has put out a call for a specialized group of four bounty hunters that will be able to do special missions without tying up the new military leaders or Lord Vader himself.

Books used: Revised Star Wars RPG Rulebook WOTC, Hero's Guide, Starships of the Galaxy, Corusant and Core Worlds, Arms and Equipment, Dark Side Sourcebook (these books I have access to). Over course of time others may be added if I purchase others...

Characters must be bounty hunters (at least 2 must be human). Boba Fett, Bossk and other bounty hunters from the movies MAY NOT be used.

Players will be asked to post at least twice a week. IF you will be out of town...you may have the GM use your character or another player if that is posted.

The first two people to post that they will play get those spots.
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 01:08
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
“ Originally Posted by kilnpublications Characters must be bounty hunters (at least 2 must be human). Boba Fett, Bossk and other bounty hunters from the movies MAY NOT be used. ”
I'm game, have been running/play d20 SW since its inception, ran 3 years of tournament games for Dragon*Con.

I own all those books and the Outer Rim sourcebook and a few others. What level/guidelines you using?

BTW, I got all the info on the original bounty hunters in the SW Gamer and whatnot issues.
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 01:27
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Lando you're in...one more......IF there ends up being a ton of others maybe I will run two seperate games (different eras)
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 01:28
kilnpublications
Skeleton

“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi I'm game, have been running/play d20 SW since its inception, ran 3 years of tournament games for Dragon*Con.

I own all those books and the Outer Rim sourcebook and a few others. What level/guidelines you using?

BTW, I got all the info on the original bounty hunters in the SW Gamer and whatnot issues.
”
I need to figure out a level for starters, any ideas Lando?
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 02:11
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by kilnpublications I need to figure out a level for starters, any ideas Lando? ”
Well considering that the bounty hunter prestige class has specific requirements and that the Hero's Guide has some good Bounty Hunter faction stuff.

I'd say let folks be around 3-5th lvl, maybe Soldier 4th/Bounty Hunter 1 or Scoundrel/Bounty Hunter or Scout/Bounty Hunter....or something like that..

That is how a lot of the famous bounty hunters are...they're obviously something else first and become a hunter.

Of course if you want a more epic game could bump folks up a few more levels for the more feats/surival rate.

SW is pretty deadly, I ran 3 yrs of Tales of the Jedi/Old Republic games for Dragon*Con and I killed many Jedi with just a few well placed shots and even a few good strokes by a red lightsaber wielding Sith Lord and his apprentice...heck the droid saved them in the end.

I've had fun playing KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic II) so far, so I personally like playing Force users or Force sensitives.

Will you allow a Force Sensitive hunter perhaps in hiding from the Empire?

Maybe a Jedi Guardian gone Soldier/Hunter (not sure offhand if that would work well, not near my books)

Of course if you do another era game more Jedi oriented I'd swap my position...but am fine with this idea too.
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 02:20
kilnpublications
Skeleton

“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Well considering that the bounty hunter prestige class has specific requirements and that the Hero's Guide has some good Bounty Hunter faction stuff.

I'd say let folks be around 3-5th lvl, maybe Soldier 4th/Bounty Hunter 1 or Scoundrel/Bounty Hunter or Scout/Bounty Hunter....or something like that..

That is how a lot of the famous bounty hunters are...they're obviously something else first and become a hunter.

Of course if you want a more epic game could bump folks up a few more levels for the more feats/surival rate.

SW is pretty deadly, I ran 3 yrs of Tales of the Jedi/Old Republic games for Dragon*Con and I killed many Jedi with just a few well placed shots and even a few good strokes by a red lightsaber wielding Sith Lord and his apprentice...heck the droid saved them in the end.

I've had fun playing KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic II) so far, so I personally like playing Force users or Force sensitives.

Will you allow a Force Sensitive hunter perhaps in hiding from the Empire?

Maybe a Jedi Guardian gone Soldier/Hunter (not sure offhand if that would work well, not near my books)

Of course if you do another era game more Jedi oriented I'd swap my position...but am fine with this idea too.
”
5th level is fine...yes to the force sensitive hunter....IF I do the other game it will include jedi.....I don't want two seperate games along the same track...too much chance for error....
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 02:44
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by kilnpublications 5th level is fine...yes to the force sensitive hunter....IF I do the other game it will include jedi.....I don't want two seperate games along the same track...too much chance for error.... ”
Excellent! I shall begin working on her this weekend some. I know there were some Jedi hunters around during the Empire and whatnot.... I'll look up some stuff.

Any limits on backgrounds/home worlds or anything? Alright if she's from the Outer Rim perhaps?

I got to finish two other pcs (for Godhand's SR3 game an a Conan RPG I'm joining on another board), plus do lots of stuff for my f2f Rifts game...so I'm glad you're not starting right away.
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 03:12
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Any planet is fine. I was not going to start till the beginning of May to get everything in order...
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 04:06
kilnpublications
Skeleton

OK the first campaign is closed, it will include:IneptFighter, Belkregos, Fulmen, Lando the Archmagi, and Jedimaster1. IF anyone wants to play in a NJO campaign against the Yuuzhan Vong the next three people are in. These can be either Jedi or other classes. No Dark Force users.... around 5th or 6th level...
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 04:54
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

Member: #26
I'd be interested in the NJO game, though will it matter if I haven't read many of the NJO books?
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 05:06
kilnpublications
Skeleton

No I don't think so, just go online and read up on some summaries of what was happening in the books. It will take place during the book series....if you want it definitely let me know...BTW:Ashtabula ,Ohio???
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 07:47
Fulmen
Spectre

Member: #1173
Just to let you know where I stand as far as from a character aspect I will not be force sensitive nor will I be human. Hopefully I will have more info than that very soon (like tonight or tomorrow)
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 09:09
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

“ Originally Posted by kilnpublications BTW:Ashtabula ,Ohio??? ”
Yep, the one and only River of Many Tumored Fish. Where in NE Ohio you from?
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 09:22
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Columbiana....
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 09:26
IneptFighter
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #1243
I don't mind having to play the role of a human. I've had lots of practice with trying to act like a human and I think I’m finally beginning to become convincing.

Check out my green incandescence. Doesn't it make make you desire to puke?
Unread 8th of April, 2005, 21:30
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

Member: #131
I would be interested in playing however I havent got any of the books. I should be able to acquire them before the campaign starts however
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 04:51
Gnarsh
Banned Fool

I'm busy acquiring books right now.
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 05:04
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Gnarsh I put you in for the NJO campaign, both campaigns are both full as of now at this point.... I should be seeing the forums today or tommorow I hope...
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 05:30
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
I made after a minute after they were requesting . They are just sat at the bottom of the forum for some reason, I've asked Danny to look in to that.
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 05:55
kilnpublications
Skeleton

Thank you sir...
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 05:56
Fulmen
Spectre

Member: #1173
For those of you that are working on character already, I just want to let y'all know that I just submitted kilnpublications a PM with my planned character on it. It is a little early and we don't have ALL of the info on character creation, so some of my stuff is still pending, but my basic character plan is a Rodian with 8 levels of Scout and 5 levels of Bounty Hunter. e has a High Intelligence and a High Dexterity, will be using a blaster rifle, and has above average piloting skills (Pilot skill is at 18, Astrogation is at 19).

This is just to let IneptFighter, Belkregos, Lando the Archmagi, and Jedimaster1 know what I will be bringing to the group and what holes are still left to fill. Hopefully we will have an array of character that compliment each other well.
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 06:03
kilnpublications
Skeleton

The OOC area thread has been set for those in the group wanting to take the discussions there. Special rules forthcoming.... as stated in the other thread both campaigns are officially closed with the needed players.
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 06:21
Kanor
Small Zombie

Member: #1011
Are there any spaces left in either game?
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 07:35
kilnpublications
Skeleton

No sorry....
Unread 9th of April, 2005, 08:52
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Fulmen pending, but my basic character plan is a Rodian with 8 levels of Scout and 5 levels of Bounty Hunter. e has a High Intelligence and a High Dexterity, will be using a blaster rifle, and has above average piloting skills (Pilot skill is at 18, Astrogation is at 19).. ”
Well 8+5=13 lvls! I can have fun with that if we're playin that epic, since SW d20 only goes to 20th lvl technically. I'm going to be playing a Jedi Hunter type, so likely I was once a Jedi, gone sorta "dark side" to hide and became a soldier/bounty hunter to be out of sight of the Empire.

I posted on the game forum so I'll await the GM's decision there or anything here.