Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > treehouse's Games > Containment

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 21st of December, 2009, 09:25
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
Katsuri had just caught the tail end of what Siu-Juen was saying as she snapped her phone closed and slid it back into her pocket.

"It's time to blow this popsicle stand." Kat said picking up the pace.

"We are to get rid of the van mid way. I am assuming that Sung has some sort of vehicle we can use once that is done."

Last edited by jiffypop; 21st of December, 2009 at 11:15.
  #52  
Unread 21st of December, 2009, 13:52
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.49 per day)
Sung didn't have a chance to answer, for they had already reached the base of the ramp and were within earshot once more of the nervous Harbour security guards milling around the Nightingale.

It was difficult for Katsuri not to set a running pace for the team as they began walking back to the security checkpoint. She was pretty sure impersonating law enforcement officials and mucking up a high profile crime scene was something you could get shot for, but they ought to have at least a few minutes to get clear of the Harbour before the real CMC team arrived.

Samuel had slipped into the lead, just ahead of Katsuri, as they reached building #78, the halfway point to their escape. The steady grinding and whirring of nearby machinery made it very difficult to hear anything, so the martial artist didn't notice the staccato report of a pistol echoing from within the building until he was passing the open doorway.

His head swiveled to the right, and his eyes widened slightly at the scene inside.

The younger police officer, whose name they had never learned, was sprawled at the bottom of the stairway up to the catwalk in a pool of his own blood. Two styrofoam cups lay beside him, their contents beginning to mix with his life fluid.

Inspector Jen, meanwhile, had taken cover in the middle of some boxes near the center of the warehouse, and was firing wildly at the catwalks above him with a Beretta clutched in both hands. Samuel could make out several shadowy figures above - all covered from head to toe in loose-fitting black cloth and armed with submachine guns. He could make out the handles of swords peeking over their shoulders as well.

One of the assailants vaulted gracefully off the catwalk, pulling the sword from their sheath in the same motion.



[Samuel's Notice check - 21. Others below that.

The ninjas are armed with MP7A1 submachine guns and katanas.

Round I - to the tune of Muse's 'Assassin'.

Samuel's action.

Initiative Order


Samuel - 23
Katsuri - 21
Preston - 14
Sung - 12
Siu-Juen - 11
Motherfucking Ninjas - 11
Inspector Jen - 10]
  #53  
Unread 21st of December, 2009, 15:27
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Samuel moved alarmingly quickly, running straight towards one of the ninjas on the catwalk. He used one of the boxes for purchase, leaping through the air and landing right in front of the ninja. He shifted his weight slightly; the ninja would only have a second to respond before things got ugly.
The duffels were left at the doorway; the gunslinger could pick them up if the fight moved elsewhere.

[Double move to H3 (can't figure any way to get in range and attack within a round)]

Last edited by zachol; 22nd of December, 2009 at 05:11.
  #54  
Unread 21st of December, 2009, 17:34
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
"Gh--Diu!" Siu-Juen immediately dove against the wall for cover, and fiddled with the strap holding his Winchester on his back. "Damn! I forgot my goddamn Cool-Z again."

While the rest of the team raced into the warehouse, the criminal took a moment to steel himself, gripping the shotgun with white knuckles. Once the others were in, he took a deep breath, and spun around the corner.

Half action to move to L9 and draw winchester (loaded with shot) incidentally.

Free action to use Black Cat to increase the error ranges of all four ninjas by 2.

Half action to make a standard attack against the ninja in H3--or possibly another ninja that isn't in melee. Attack 17 (includes -2 range), Damage 11 . If the ninja has a dodge bonus to AC, halve it. If it hits, he needs to make a DC 11
Fortitude save (21 if the attack wounds) or be sprawled.

Last edited by LeadPal; 21st of December, 2009 at 22:00.
  #55  
Unread 21st of December, 2009, 21:17
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Sung didn't waste any time. Sure, he knew that the smart thing to do was just get in the car and go, but this was serious business. "Ninjas!? Motherfucking ninjas!?" he howled as he drew the massive revolver in one fluid motion, took it in both hands and shot at one the pyjama-wearing, sword wielding assholes that decided to ruin what was otherwise a very smooth operation.

[half action to move to M11; draw revolver as a free action; fire a shot at ninja at F16; using two hands on revolver to eliminate recoil penalty: -2 to initiative count for next round, -2 to hit from range increment. 16 Damage: 12
If shot hits, ninja needs to make a Fort save of 12; if wounded 22 or be sprawled]

Last edited by Darius; 21st of December, 2009 at 21:32.
  #56  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 02:38
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.73 per day)
Preston moved into the area and took a quick look around. As he stopped, he drew his pistols as fast as he could, which must have appeared frighteningly fast, even to those garbed in ninja gear. Before he even really knew what he was doing, he heard the sharp report and felt the recoil from his right hand. An equal report from his left and then another from his right followed in quick succession.

Half action to move to J11. Free Action x2 to draw both pistols. Half Action to attack ninja in J16.

Attack 1 14 (includes -4 for Two Weapon Mastery, +1 for CQB Basics), Damage 10


Attack 2
10 (includes -4 for Two Weapon Mastery, +1 for CQB Basics), Damage 4

Attack 3
16 (includes -4 for Two Weapon Mastery, +1 for CQB Basics), Damage 4

Increase initiative count by one for each successful hit.
  #57  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 03:19
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
Katsuri hastened into the warehouse. Running directly for the ninja that had just descended from the catwalk, she drew her sword in one swift motion, and it sang as it cut through the air. Kat slashed at the ninja in front of her, trying to sever him in two.


[Use Surge of Speed + half action to move 60 feet to E8, drawing katana during move. Attack ninja in D7 once - 28 - damage 12 . Initiative count increases by 2 next round.]
  #58  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 04:05
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
[spending an action die to activate that threat, bitches]
  #59  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 06:34
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.49 per day)
[Samuel double-moves to I3.

Katsuri uses Surge of Speed and half action to get to get to E8, draws sword on the way, then half action to attack ninja in D7. Hits and threatens, spends action die to confirm, killing ninja instantly. Will save to stave off bloodlust (Subplot) - 15 vs. DC 18. +2 initiative next round from readying weapon.

Preston moves to J11, quick draws both guns, and fires three times at ninja in J16 - hits once for 10 damage, forcing DC 15 damage save (ninja succeeds). Misses once, hits again for 4 damage, forcing DC 17 damage save (ninja succeeds).

Sung moves to M11, drawing revolver on the way, and fires two-handed once at ninja in F16 - hits for 12 damage, forcing DC 16 damage save (ninja fails, dies). -2 initiative next round from firing weapon with both hands.

Siu-Juen moves to L9, drawing shotgun on the way. Uses free action to increase error ranges of all ninjas by 2. Fires once at ninja in J16 - hits for 11 damage, forcing DC 22 damage save (ninja fails, dies).

Ninja in H3 levels submachine gun at Sam and fires two three-round bursts at him - misses entirely once (no error), hits with one bullet on second burst, for 5 damage (I accounted for your DR in my roll).

Ninja previously hidden in office steps out of western door, moving to C9. Fires one three round burst at Katsuri - hits with one bullet for 4 damage.


Inspector Jen reloads pistol, fires once at ninja in C9 (misses).

Round II begins.

Katsuri's action.

Initiative Order

Katsuri - 23
Samuel - 23
Preston - 14
Siu-Juen - 11
Motherfucking Ninjas - 11
Sung - 10
Inspector Jen - 10

Please review and make sure there is nothing reactionary that you want to do before I write up the flavor text and update the map this evening.]
  #60  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 07:07
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
[Spirit Basics to reduce damage by 6 (BAB), to 1 point (minimum)]
  #61  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 11:41
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.49 per day)
With positively unnatural speed, Samuel and Katsuri rushed into the building. Sam veered left, pushing down on one of the boxes as he passed and vaulting onto the catwalk in front of one of the stunned ninjas. Katsuri leaped right over Inspector Jen's head, her katana singing as it left the sheath at her back. As she landed, she brought the sword with both hands straight down the middle of the masked man's skull, cleaving it in two and briefly embedding the blade in his sternum as fountains of blood and brain matter spurted out in every direction.

The other three had stepped methodically through the doorway nearly simultaneously, fluidly drawing shotguns or pistols from holsters and leveling them at the rightmost catwalk, where two of the ninjas were just noticing the new arrivals. The assailants raised their guns to fire, but perished under a withering hail of bullets and buckshot before they could squeeze a trigger.

A fifth ninja rolled out of the open western doorway from the office, firing a burst from his machine gun at Katsuri below, but she easily dodged the volley. Samuel's opponent, meanwhile, was putting as much lead into the air as possible, but with almost supernatural agility the martial artist danced around the barrage.



[Samuel double-moves to I3.

Katsuri uses Surge of Speed and half action to get to get to E8, draws sword on the way, then half action to attack ninja in D7. Hits and threatens, spends action die to confirm, killing ninja instantly. Will save to stave off bloodlust (Subplot) - 15 vs. DC 18. +2 initiative next round from readying weapon. Katsuri affected by bloodlust for 3 rounds.

Preston moves to J11, quick draws both guns, and fires three times at ninja in J16 - hits once for 10 damage, forcing DC 15 damage save (ninja succeeds). Misses once, hits again for 4 damage, forcing DC 17 damage save (ninja succeeds).

Sung moves to M11, drawing revolver on the way, and fires two-handed once at ninja in F16 - hits for 12 damage, forcing DC 16 damage save (ninja fails, dies). -2 initiative next round from firing weapon with both hands.

Siu-Juen moves to L9, drawing shotgun on the way. Uses free action to increase error ranges of all ninjas by 2. Fires once at ninja in J16 - hits for 11 damage, forcing DC 22 damage save (ninja fails, dies).

Ninja in H3 levels submachine gun at Sam and fires two three-round bursts at him - misses entirely once (no error), hits with one bullet on second burst, for 5 damage (I accounted for your DR in my roll). Samuel uses Spirit Basics to reduce this amount to 1.

Ninja previously hidden in office steps out of western door, moving to C9. Fires one three round burst at Katsuri - hits with one bullet for 4 damage.


Inspector Jen reloads pistol, fires once at ninja in C9 (misses).

Round II begins.

Katsuri's action.

Initiative Order

Katsuri - 23
Samuel - 23
Preston - 14
Siu-Juen - 11
Motherfucking Ninjas - 11
Sung - 10
Inspector Jen - 10]
  #62  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:02
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
[not describing till I see how the rolls come out.

5ft NW, 15ft up, final attack from mobile offense, 28 , 14 damage. Spending action die to activate threat, continue movement to C5. Surge of speed to G3.]
  #63  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:07
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
[Standard attack on ninja in H3, 17 , 11

Conditionally spending an action die if attack roll is less than 18 4 , also spending bonus action die from favored gear for damage roll (not conditional) 6 ]
  #64  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:09
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
[action die for damage exploded, here's extra's 5 5 2 ]


As Katsuri pulled the blade from the dead man's torso she felt the sudden rush of blood pulsating in her ears. Her eyes dilated and her vision narrowed as the world melted away around her. Kat took a giant step forward and propelled herself almost vertically in the air towards the ninja above. Pirouetting in the air she severed the head from the dark-clad assaliant. She barely heard it make a sickening crunch as it fell from the catwalk onto the floor below. A fountain of blood spurted from the neck of the deceased man, covering her in a shroud of red. Before you could scarely blink Kat was standing behind the last ninja. She attempted to skewer the assassin on her blade.

Last edited by jiffypop; 22nd of December, 2009 at 12:23.
  #65  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:10
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
With the situation well in hand, Siu-Juen ran towards the inspector's cover. "How the hell did this happen?"

Move to H7. I won't know what else I do until I see what everyone else does.
  #66  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:36
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.49 per day)
It was a measure of Samuel's calm that he did not blink when the tip of Katsuri's bloody katana stopped just centimeters from his face after being driven up the assassin's spine and out his neck. He gazed at the scene of crimson devastation on their side of the catwalk and sighed.

So much for taking prisoners.

Inspector Jen had just finished watching the spectacle above them, holstering his pistol and turning to regard Siu-Juen with an expression that was both appalled and impressed.

"Li had gone to get some more tea - with your lot here, I figured there was a perimeter around the Harbour by now. He got back at the same time they did...poor kid was on his first day, I don't think he even touched his holster before they got him. I ducked behind these boxes and did my best..."

Siu-Juen noticed then the extraordinary amount of bullet holes riddling the crates around them. The old man had endured.

"The Americans..." he gasped suddenly, and without another word he raced to the stairway and began ascending, leaping over bodies with litheness that belied his age.

[Katsuri does all that other shit in TM's posts - the second ninja takes 22 points of damage and fails the DC 21 damage save, dying.

END COMBAT]
  #67  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 12:45
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Samuel frowned, lightly pushing the blade aside.

He did something... odd, a sort of jump around the edge, ending on the other side of Katsuri, before quickly moving across the catwalk and reaching the office, possibly beating the inspector.
  #68  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 13:08
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.49 per day)
Samuel was quite a bit faster than the inspector.

It was pretty ugly in the cramped office. The sailors were, of course, all dead, probably gunned down in a few seconds by combined fire while Jen was pinned down by the others.
  #69  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 13:16
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Sam grumbled, slightly, then spun, jumping down, grabbing the first ninja killed by Katsuri, and ending in front of Siu-Juen.
"Can you identify them?"
He glanced at the inspector. No point in even saying they needed to leave, now.
  #70  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 13:32
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Siu-Juen did not follow Inspector Jen up the stairs. He just stood back, loaded another shell into the breech of his gun, and gaped at the carnage.

"Kat! Hey Kat!" He waved at her, but she was completely absorbed in the corpse before her; Siu-Juen had to settle with speaking to the other gunmen on the ground. "Hot. She's not a cyborg by any chance, is she?"

Samuel had to repeat himself for Siu-Juen to notice the body he was lifting by the shoulder. "Oh, shit, right. Let's see..."

Last edited by LeadPal; 22nd of December, 2009 at 13:34.
  #71  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 14:46
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
He holstered his shotgun, and peeled back the ninja's gore-soaked garb to reveal the darkly tanned Asian underneath.

"No tattoos, nothing but acne scars... scary cataracts though. No wonder the guy couldn't shoot straight." On a hunch, Siu-Juen pried open the man's jaw; a clear capsule full of coarse white powder fell onto the ground. "That's poison, I guess?"

The half of Siu-Juen's face that wasn't mummified in dressings was weary and indifferent--until he checked one of the body's hands. He recoiled after touching the tips of the ninja's fingers: they were burned into hideous, fibrous nubs.

"Diu lan Ziu Naam!" he exclaimed, in a voice as excited as disturbed. "These guys are still around? Holy shit! Inspector Jen! We gotta leave, now--we'll drop you off at the checkpoint. Diu!"

He strode towards the exit with sudden vigour, and a broad grin. As passed by Preston and Sung, he muttered "Grab the bags, I'll explain in the van. It's goddamn cool."

Siu-Juen paused at the huge door to Building #78, remembering one last thing. He removed his enormously thick wallet from a pouch in his vest, and took from it a wad of colourful, fake bills, apparently the only type in it. Solemnly, he handed it to Inspector Jen.

"Inspector--take this. For Li."
  #72  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 15:01
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.62 per day)
Samuel grumbled, this time audibly, following Siu-Juen and grabbing the bags still at the door. "Not a good idea. Very not good."
He glanced back at Katsuri. "Tou. Tou. Kat! Now!"
Back to Siu-Juen/Inspector Jen. He was focusing on Siu-Juen. "Unless you mean some other checkpoint?"
  #73  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 15:10
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
"The security checkpoint, or somewhere," Siu-Juen said, rocking his weight from one foot to another. "He can't wait here for backup. Let's go!"
  #74  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 23:17
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.05 per day)
Hearing her name Kat started to come back to her senses, she sheathed her katana and walked over to where Sui-Juen and Sam stood. They both had a look on their face that told her they needed to leave now.

"Grab the body and the bags and let's get out of here" Kat said already turning to head for the door.
  #75  
Unread 22nd of December, 2009, 23:51
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.73 per day)
"My job's simple, and the description doesn't include 'bellhop.' And I'm sure as hell not carrying a corpse into our vehicle. You want him. You carry him." Preston knelt down, policed his brass, pocketed the shells and pulled three bullets from his jacket. He stood up and reloaded his magazines, then pulled out his nearly empty pack of cigarettes and a cheap zippo. He whispered something under his breath--it sounded like "Om mani padme hum"--crossed himself, took a long drag as he lit the cigarette, and walked towards the van.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren