Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > treehouse's Games > Containment

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #276  
Unread 20th of April, 2010, 02:05
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
Sam nodded to Preston as he engaged the gunslinger, and was moving toward the motorcycle guys as Preston got his shots off.
He heard the rather distinctive sound of Siu-Juen's launcher, gauged the arcs of fire, and grumbled. Sure, fire off grenades within range of the guy carrying a tank full of napalm.
Without stopping, he let off a single jet of flame, continuing toward the side of the lot, turning to protect the flamer's canister. He wasn't really about the blast hurting himself, honestly. Might scorch his suit.

[Move to W19, attack V22 through W20 13 , damage 6 , move to BB18]

Last edited by zachol; 20th of April, 2010 at 02:13.
  #277  
Unread 20th of April, 2010, 05:51
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.69 per day)
[Spending one action die on second maneuver roll: 10 ]
  #278  
Unread 20th of April, 2010, 05:52
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.69 per day)
[Exploding Action Die: [roll0] ]
  #279  
Unread 20th of April, 2010, 05:53
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.69 per day)
Exploding action die: 1
  #280  
Unread 22nd of April, 2010, 09:34
jiffypop's Avatar
jiffypop
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7690
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 151 (0.04 per day)
Kat wove her blade through the air in front of her, almost faster than the eyes could comprehend. Once, twice, thrice she sliced at the mooks unfortunate enough to be within arms' reach. She was already moving away on the third swing, picking out her next target as she struck out once more, almost contemptuously.

[Using Darting Weapon to get an extra attack. 1st half action - standard attack: 15 , 13 damage. 2nd half action - standard attack: 26 , 13 damage. Final attack (Darting Weapon): 10 , 10 damage. Surge of Speed to move as close to the nearest sword mook as possible, making final attack (Mobile Offense) on the way: 20 , 13 damage. Target priorities - L18 until he's dead, then any remaining attacks on L17.]
__________________
Jiffypop - it's quick and easy!
  #281  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 12:02
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Katsuri had little trouble dispatching the two gunmen in front of her with a pair of contemptuous swipes with her katana - she raced forward, blood-drenched sword behind her, nearly colliding with a pack of the bikers who had dismounted and drawn scholar swords before sprinting in her direction. They surrounded her quickly, and for a moment it was all she could do to keep their probing blades away from her with a sequence of deft, instinctual parries.

She heard tires screeching on the far end of the parkade - Sung's police cruiser jolted forward, crashing through four of the bikers as they attempted to speed past him. Bodies flew everywhere, and a few of them didn't stir from the places they landed, but Kat was too busy fending off the Triad jokers in her vicinity to pay them much mind.

Preston and Xi Mao both flew at each other over the roof of a car, teeth bared and guns blazing. They both hit the ground rolling thirty feet away from each other, quickly coming to their feet with pistols aimed squarely at each other.

Sung screamed obscenities at the large mob of Triads swarming around Sam, leveling his massive revolver at one and squeezing the trigger. He was so focused in that direction that he was caught completely off-guard when a quarter inch-thick column of polished wood snaked through his open window, striking his hand painfully enough to knock the Magnum out of it. The revolver clattered noisily as it landed in his floorboard. He turned to look out the window - one of the bikers he had sent flying had come upon him unawares, and was now grinning maliciously as he drew back his staff to strike again.

A cacophony of twisted steel crashing against concrete filled the parkade as Siu-Juen's armored truck finally slammed into the far wall; the stuntman stepped calmly into its wake, grenade launcher leveled down the kill zone. Two ominous thunks sent high explosives arcing through the air as numerous fires bloomed around the mangled truck behind him.

[Preston spends Surge of Speed and one half action to move to R26, then another half action to attack Xi Mao, using Two Weapon Mastery and trigger happy (1 action die) for a total of four attacks. Three hits, dealing a total of 13 points of damage after DR and AP. Preston's initiative increases by three.

Katsuri uses Darting Weapon this round. Takes two half action attacks + final attack from Darting Weapon, starting with L18 - first hit lands, dealing 13 points of damage. L18 fails damage save and dies. Switches to L17 - second hit lands, dealing 13 points of damage. L17 fails damage save and dies. Surge of Speed to Q19, final attacks not needed.

Preston, Katsuri, Siu-Juen, Samuel and Sung all gain a +1 on their initiative count (Katsuri's stratagem).


Siu-Juen spends Surge of Speed to move to H25, dropping shotgun and drawing grenade launcher incidentally. Fires at V21 and Y25 (they'll arrive next round on initiative count 20).

Sung does a special destruction derby move*. I'm redirecting your action die to the first (and only) maneuver check, giving you a total result of 37. The following Sword Saints all fail their opposed checks: CC23 (takes 7 collision damage, makes damage save), DD22 (takes 7 collision damage, fails damage save and dies), EE20 (takes 5 collision damage, fails damage save and dies), FF21 (takes 2 collision damage, makes damage save). CC23 and FF21 are sprawled and shunted one square. Sung's vehicle takes 18 collision damage; Sung takes 9 collision damage and 2 stress damage. He then attacks X22, hitting and dealing 7 points of damage (X22 makes damage save).

Samuel moves to W19, attacks V22 (misses), then moves to BB18 (I'm assuming via Surge of Speed?)

Triad Gunmen are all dead. Moving them out of the initiative count.

Xi Mao takes full attack on Preston - hits 3 times, dealing a total of 21 points of damage after DR and AP. Surge of Speed to move to M21. His reserved initiative increase from gunplay is up to 7.

Triad Sword Saints: The three closest to Katsuri jump off their bikes and surround her, scholar swords drawn. Each makes one attack and hits - Katsuri takes a total of 6 points of damage after DR. Four more move to surround Sam, three of whom attack with unarmed strikes. Two hit, dealing a total of 13 points of damage after DR. Two more take full moves northward. One of the ones that survived Sung's vehicular mayhem stands up, takes a 5' step and attempts to disarm Sung with the butt of his staff (Sung's opposed attack roll - 11, failure; Sung's weapon is knocked out of his hand).

Round III Begins

Preston's action.

Initiative Count


Preston - 29 (expends 1 Surge of Speed, 1 action die, 2 bullets from each pistol; takes 21 points of damage)
Katsuri - 21 (expends 1 Surge of Speed; takes 6 points of damage)
Siu-Juen - 20 (expends 1 Surge of Speed, 2 grenades)
Sung - 15 (expends 1 action die)
Samuel -15 (expends 1 Surge of Speed, 1 shot of flamethrower fuel; takes 13 points of damage)
Xi Mao - 11
Triad Sword Saints - 10

*couldn't find anything I liked in the rules to cover this action, so here's my semi-ad hoc - Sung makes a single Maneuver check. Anyone in his path makes a Maneuver check (DC is Sung's result). On a success, they swerve out of his path. On a failure, he crashes into them, causing their vehicle to take 4d6 collision damage and the occupant to take 4d3 collision damage, at which point they are shunted off to an adjacent square and gain the sprawled condition. Each time Sung hits a biker, his speed (which is assumed to start at 40 MPH) drops by 10 MPH and takes 1d6 collision damage (half of this damage is also taken by Sung). When he's hit 4 bikers, his car stops.]


  #282  
Unread 25th of April, 2010, 14:34
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
[Before Siu-Juen acts, let's see what happens to those grenades!

Attacks -1 and -1 vs. AC 15. Because they almost certainly miss, I'll roll deviation right here: first one (aimed at V21) deviates 2 squares to the east (3 ) and lands in V23; second one (aimed at Y25) deviates 2 squares to the southeast (4 ) and lands in AA27. (The directions go clockwise from north).

Ground zero for the first grenade (V21) deals 25 explosive damage (Reflex 25 Negates); the second grenade (Y25) deals 20 explosive damage (Reflex 20 Negates). Both explosions also have a secondary Fortitude save at the same DC to avoid being stunned for a number of rounds equal to 1/4 the difference between the result and the DC (rounded up). I assume you can ignore this if you pass the Reflex save, if only because this is a Blockbuster.

Both the damage and the save DCs are halved each increment; that is, every 30 feet.

You get a +4 bonus to the Reflex save (not the Fortitude save) if you took one half action move last round, or +8 if it was a full action move, unless you were moving towards the blast (GC discretion).

If you successfully dodge the explosion, you must move to the outermost square of the next increment, unless you have at least 1/2 cover. Anyone damaged by the explosion also takes 1/4 as much stress damage (rounded down).

Further, anyone in ground zero for the first/second explosion who fails to dodge must make a DC 25/20 Fortitude save or become sprawled (DC 35/30 if they take wound damage). Everywhere else is fine, though, as there needs to be at least 20 explosive damage before DR to force this save.

Lastly, everyone caught in an increment (so, uh, everyone), whether they take damage or not, takes 1 stress damage for the first explosion, and 2 stress damage for the second explosion. This is some intense shit!]

Last edited by LeadPal; 25th of April, 2010 at 14:39.
  #283  
Unread 1st of May, 2010, 16:23
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Siu-Juen tossed the grenade launcher in the same motion he used to fire it, unslinging his SMG next. He fired a few bursts at Xi Mao, with no attention to accuracy; really, he just wanted to shake the asshole up.

The grenades went off a moment later. Siu-Juen didn't try to dodge the shrapnel whipping by him--he was too busy laughing.

"I got some good fuckin' wun geoi!"

[Siu-Juen will waive his Reflex saves, so that he can stand still. There's no way the explosion is getting through DR 12 at this range. His fortitude saves vs. stun are 17 and 15 but similarly, it should be impossible for him to fail at this distance.

Free action: drop the grenade launcher. Surge of Speed: draw SMG.


Full action: Cover Fire against Xi Mao. He needs to make a DC 20 Will Save (10 + attack bonus, includes laser sight bonus) or he takes a -4 to all attack and skill rolls for 1 full round. Takes 5 shots to do--there should be 27 shots left in his clip.]

Last edited by LeadPal; 1st of May, 2010 at 16:27.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren