Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Cadogan Trahem's Games > Lands of Dynasty > Cadrius

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 27th of August, 2002, 16:04
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
Chapter 1: Arrival in Naking

After your nights sleep having awakened before dawn you are suprised to see the compound alive with activities. Guards man the walls, servants dash about preparing various meals and doing washing, while animal keepers clean down the strange beasts you saw before.

Around dawn you are greeted by Lo Chu who suggests you take a bath before breakfast, taking his advice you clean yourself and soon return freash and prime with some clean clothing. Breakfast is served and you eat, eyeing off the Honaki women who seems to be suffering the reprocusions of last nights adventure.

By the time you're all finish Lo Chu escourts you to the dock where a large ship has arrived, you board say your farewells and are off to the Wei capital Naking. You are told you will be there shortly less then an hour giving you time to view the look around this strange country and talk with the Honaki women...
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 29th of August, 2002 at 17:55.
  #2  
Unread 11th of September, 2002, 04:46
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Koden casually strolls about the area as he takes in the various sights, sounds, and smells. It is so different from his home that he has difficulties even understanding the various customs of this neighboring culture.
  #3  
Unread 13th of September, 2002, 19:33
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
You wander around the deck looking and hearing all the sights and sounds that the Chinese Landscape has to offer. The Honaki women remains silent for nearly an hour before she finally approches you.

"I do not believe we had the chance to introduce ourselves properly. I am, as im sure you already knew, Teto Honki, Eldest Daughter to Lord Honkai, leader of the Honaki Family in Japan. And you are?"

She questions you despite the fact you've already introduced yourself once before.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #4  
Unread 14th of September, 2002, 00:23
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Koden raises an eyebrow in surprise and for a moment he is immediately suspicious of the woman's intentions. She clearly must know from which house he hailed and why he was here. The urge to snub her is strong yet the young man resists it and puts on his best smile.

"But of course. I am Katori Koden, second son of House Katori and shugenja for my family."
  #5  
Unread 15th of September, 2002, 00:09
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
"Oh excuse me, I thought you where somebody Important." She replies before bowing and leaving to sit on the otherside of the deck. She does and says very little after that. An hour or so pass before you are told you're arriving in Naking soon, the capital city of the Wu kingdom.

The area on the banks of the river slowly turn from farm land into slums, into stone buildings and finally you see Naking. The Huge compound. Many times larger then Lo Chu's fortress. It is encompassed by a Stone Wall, many times higher and thicker with a variety of buildings on the inside.

You arrive at the port, and are ushered past a crowd of beggars who grab at your clothing and ask for money and food in Chinese. Wu Guards push them back with their spears and let you through to the main compound where you are greeted by a servant girl.

"Hello my name is Lei Ping." She greets you and ushers you towards a large building. "I will show you to your room."

Once there she rushes around cleaning up the mess of what appears to be another guests room.

"Please forgive me, I had no time to clean this room from the unpleasantness of last night." Lei Ping seems deeply saddend at her own words. "If it is not much of a bother, I would like to clean what I can now." The room seems largely intact appart from what appears to be womens clothing of Japanese origin and other little peices laying around.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #6  
Unread 15th of September, 2002, 02:37
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
"Indeed, we all make that mistake sometimes," Koden says keeping his charismatic but false smile intact. The urge to insult the young noblewoman in almost every possible manner imaginable envelopes the man for a moment. However he bites his lip as she walks away and manages to avoid calling her and every one of her ancestors whores.

He tries to put the woman's barb out of his mind and enjoy the view but it nags at him and his memory. On the one hand he expected it. She was like most others from powerful houses: arrogant and convinced of their total superiority simply because they were born into a different household. Yet on the other hand she insulted him and his family honor. Gritting his teeth and for the first time in a long time he wishes he was a samurai like his brother. He would not have allowed their family's name to be tarnished in such a manner. But what was Koden to do? Draw his sword and strike her down by steel or by spell? He had a job to do and it wouldn't do to slay someone over such a minor remark. Still, he would remember her and her words.

Koden eyes the peasants begging for food and money with sadness. So not everything was different here. He makes a mental note to visit some of these poor people if he gets a chance.

He looks around his new room and shrugs. It is not nearly as bad as the serving girls makes it out to be. He isn't exactly picky when it comes to his living conditions. If it's comfortable, he'll take it.

"If you wish to, you may," he says, "but do not apologize. I'm certain you have quite a few duties to take care of and if any are more pressing than this see to them."
  #7  
Unread 16th of September, 2002, 19:48
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
"Not at all." She bows. "All my duties are with you, as you see each visitor is given a complimentary servant who is to tend to your nessesities, Cleaning, Cooking, or guidence around the compound." He rushes around picking up the belongings.

"The sooner these out of our way, both yours and mine, the better." She says again see seems saddend. "Most likely they will be burned, fitting for the items of a murderer." she comments before her voice fades away she silently moves around the room as though her own words have possibly harmed you.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #8  
Unread 17th of September, 2002, 09:34
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
"Oh, quite," Koden says after a bit of hesitation, "well then feel free to do as you see fit."

The man moves about the room with the nervous energy only present in young lovers and those who are extremly anxious. He fiddles slightly with his robe before turning back around to face the maid.

"I'm sorry, did you say a murder? What happened?" he asks, attempting to keep his voice casual and relaxed.
  #9  
Unread 18th of September, 2002, 02:29
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
"Oh yes a murder." Lei Ping says in a most quiet voice. "A servant girl was killed, beheaded by a traveler from a far land. She..." Lei Ping hestitates. "She, was a childhood friend of mine." she concludes, and after a few moments of odd silence she goes back to her cleaning.

There is a single knock and a Chinese guard enters.

"Sorry to disturb you but General Shojo has sent me to inform you that he will be visiting you within the hour. Please ready yourself." The guard waits for no reply and leaves hastely.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #10  
Unread 19th of September, 2002, 00:54
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
"Oh," Koden says, "I'm sorry to hear that. Has the killer at least been found and brought to justice?"

He tries to keep his expression neutral but mentally he shakes his head sadly. Beheaded by a traveler from another land. Koden briefly wonders if he will be regarding with suspicion simply for being from another place.

However he does not have much time to think on this as his train of thought is derailed by the appearance of a guard. Within the hour? It isn't much time to prepare himself for what could be a crucial meeting. He sighs and shakes his head, chances are he would screw things up once again.

He closes his eyes and wills away the negative thoughts. It would not do to enter the meeting already thinking he had lost. Hadn't one of the Chinese written a book on the Art of War? He thought he had heard of it and he could have sworn there was a passage about defeating your opponent mentally.

Koden looks around at the scattered female clothing and begins to pile them together. He had quite a bit of nervous energy to burn off and the girl could likely use a hand.
  #11  
Unread 19th of September, 2002, 01:26
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
[Warning long post!]

"Yes, the killer was found and is being held." Lei Ping answers you.

After you pick up a few items and clean the room somewhat, two men appear at your rooms door only 20 minutes later. One is older then the other and appears to be the figure of authority. He greets you and speaks frankly.

"Greetings visitor. I have come to disguss a proposal which you would find most benificial to your family and no doubt yourself because of it." He enters the room alone and moves to sit down suggesting you do so also.

"Only last night a murderer struck down a servant girl in the compound. The weapon used against the servant was Japanese, the servant beheaded after falling victim to one of these." The man reaches into his robes and retrieves a small pellet which you recognise as a device used to induce unnatural sleep upon any person around at the time it is thrown.

"The apparent killer was captured, found asleep with the weapon I spoke of close by. Having Had fallen victim to one of these same pellets. The evidence is incriminating indeed. However the suspect does not conceed and confess and thus a trial is nessesary. The suspect is entitled to a representative who will aid her in her case, and I have decided that you will be this person." He pauses to see your reaction you dont quite know what to do and but the silence plays out and the man speaks again.

"You will of course be rewarded, I will see that Wu does its dealing with your family prior to any other. As a diplomat to our country, your quest would be done. All I ask is that you hear her out and do all in your power to either prove her innocence or get a confession out of her. If you fail in this reward stays the same." He stands and stretches, showing the signs of a long night.

"You have three days untill the trial. The suspect will be arriving shortly with a guard escourt. Now I must bid you farewell" He pauses to let you comment on all that has accured before leaving.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #12  
Unread 20th of September, 2002, 05:24
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Koden remains silent for a moment as if deep in consideration of the offer. He knows full well that he has no option but to agree to the proposal but he has enough pride in him to at least want to make the appearance of having free will in the matter. He taps the side of his jaw with one finger while resting his chin on the rest of his hand.

"Very well," he says at last, "I accept. Where might I find the accused? And what is her name?"

Don't screw this one up, we need this deal.
  #13  
Unread 22nd of September, 2002, 06:55
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.30 per day)
"She will arrive shortly." He answers at your question before leaving. He opens the door and exits. There is some mumbling in the hallway before the door opens again, and a Japanese women bound at the hands is led in by two guards who stand idle by her sides.

{Please see the New Subforum and the post there}
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren