Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 15th of January, 2012, 22:40
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
A shriek pierces the air as Ellana is flung to the ground. Blood drips down in front of the girl and the sound only redoubles. The few drills she'd participated in were nothing like this, the blades were dulled and the worst her fellow Lookshians wanted were a few bruises and a battered ego. This woman aimed to kill. Ellana screams once more before curling into a ball, desperately trying to make herself as small a target as possible. Even as she does this the girl is dimly aware of Mira scampering off, away from the battlefield.

[OOC: Ellana takes a full guard action and tries to hide her caste mark from view.

Mira is going to seek help from the nearest available source.]
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 16th of January, 2012, 01:19
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 2:

Indigo curses again under her breath. She brings herself up to her feet, faces her opponent squarely, and waits for the next arrow to come, hands outstretched.

[Indigo: Guard (3,0)]

Tick 5:

Another shriek pierces the air, the arrow this time grazing Indigo's clothing as she sidesteps. Within the dodge, Indigo brings both feet firmly to the ground and claps her hands together in a prayer position, sending a sound like a clap of thunder echoing across the field. Light begins to pour out of her hands as she begins to chant.

[Gabriella: Attack (5,-1): (Pool 12 + Excellency 6) = 18(10 10 7 6 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 1) 5X vs DDV5 <miss>]
[Indigo: Shape Terrestrial Circle Sorcery (5,-2)]


Tick 10:

Indigo's chants come to a climax just as the next arrow is loosed. Her anima explodes open, blinding blue light pouring out of her, a coruscating aura of water permeating where she stands. She releases her hands, and with an audible crackling sound, the water shoots outwards and freezes into tiny particles, creating a fine, blue mist all around her. This just in time to meet the arrow rushing toward her, covering it in ice and throwing it off course. It canters to the left, missing Indigo by feet and explodes into shards as it hits the ground.

[Indigo: Initiative: 5(9 8 6 4 1) 2X vs Reaction Count 3)
[Indigo: Impenetrable Frost Barrier (1,0) 20 Motes, Banner Level 3]
[Gabriella: Attack (5,-1): (Pool 12 + Excellency 6) = 18(10 10 9 8 6 6 6 6 4 4 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 1) 6X (Impenetrable Frost Barrier -6X) <miss>]


Tick 11:

Indigo turns and grabs Ellana by the arm and pulls her up to her feet. The sound of two armed men on horseback are getting ever closer. She kneels down lower, and puts both hands around Ellana's cheeks, drawing her close. She speaks fast, but softly, with urgency grabbing the young girls eyes. "Ellana. Ellana listen to me. They're coming and I don't think I can stop them. There's no time. I need you to open the seal." She turns and looks over her shoulder, checking the distance of the horsemen, then turns back with even more urgency. "Open it now!"

She lets the young girl go and turns to face the horsemen, rising to her feet slowly, slipping a knife out of her boot as she does.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 16th of January, 2012, 17:11
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
"Open it now!" Indigo screamed at Ellana. The girl fought through her terror and crawled toward the center of the demanse. She breathed deep and tried to center herself, desperately ignoring the sound of horses and the whiz arrows streaking past her. She'd only learn to channel this energy 3 hours ago. Ellana called forth her power, as best she could, lines of golden power flowed into the seal, too much power. She concentrated and the bleed off formed words in front of her, ancient words of magic. She begins chanting.

[OOC: Ellana spends three motes on First Occult Excellency, and three motes to attempt to open the seal.]

[Ellana: Open seal (5,-1): (Pool 5 + Excellency 3) = 8(10,10,9,7,6,4,2,1)6x]
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!

Last edited by TagalongDT; 16th of January, 2012 at 17:14.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 17th of January, 2012, 09:49
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
"...Oh."

Well now Flicker just felt like a moron for running his mouth off like that. He cleared his throat and recrossed his legs in the chair he'd taken a seat in, looking rather imperious like a young prince.

"Well... I guess I can do anything. I mean I dunno what goes into running a place like this so I don't have any suggestions... but yeah I can do anything, so whatev. You saw how quick I got those kids to like me 'cause of my lassoing skills!"

He nodded, boasting about it. He really felt like he could do just about any work she had and breeze through it.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 17th of January, 2012, 11:56
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
"Well," Silver Wind started, "lassoing is an important skill for a rider but as I recall you haven't been taught how to ride a horse." She grinned at the young man as she pointed out a flaw. It felt strangely good, in a shameful kind of way, to try and take the boy down a peg.

"Well, let's start with what kind of skills you have, what sort of duties you feel comfortable doing. I don't want you to be stuck doing something you hate after all."
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 18th of January, 2012, 02:31
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
For just a moment, Ellana is back in the redoubt. The feeling, the light is so familiar. Then the ground begins to rumble and hum. The markings of the seal begin to glow a brilliant green and the grass evaporates, leaving only a bed of soft stone within the circle. There's a loud groaning noise as a rush of stale, warm air explodes out from the ground, all around her taking the frost in the air and making it swirl violently. The stone sections off into rectangular pieces around the center and each piece drops downward, revealing a circular staircase that spirals downward as far as can be seen.

Tick 15
[Gabriella - Dash (3,-2)]


Tick 16

Indigo turns to the stairway and can't help but grin, even despite their situation. "Come on!" She says as she grabs Ellana's hand and starts to rush down the staircase. The horsemen sound like they're just nearby. After they descend about two revolutions, there's another groan and hum as the seal closes again, taking the first revolution of stairs upwards and blotting out the last of the light from the surface. It would be pitch black if not for a steady blue glow from Indigo's anima.


End Combat
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 18th of January, 2012, 16:10
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Flicker admitted nothing, leaning back on the bed with his arms crossed behind his head, feet waving above the carpet.

"I'm awesome so I can do pretty much anything. But don't waste me on something stupid! You know how special I am, I should be, like, in charge of something!"

He nodded.

"Anything where I'm in charge."
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 18th of January, 2012, 16:16
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Seconds creeped into minutes as Ellana clung to Indigo, holding her breath. "Are they gone? Are we safe?" she asked.

The girl's breathing leveled and she unclenched her hands from the sorceress. "Who were they? They looked Realmian, but there's not reason for the Realm to be out this far." She looked up at Indigo, eyes wide with concern, "I hope everyone is okay. Mira said she'd get help but..." Ellana trailed off, not wishing to think about the alternative.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 21st of January, 2012, 13:34
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indigo lets out a sigh of relief and turns to Ellana. "Are you alright?" She asks, checking the girl over thoroughly. "I'm sure Mira's fine. They're much more interested in getting me anyway."

Her hand reaches up to where the arrow had just grazed her. Realizing it had taken a bit of her earlobe and an earring with it. She winces. "Dammit. I'll have to pierce this all over again..."

She looks up at the ceiling, then down deeper into the darkness. "One way is guaranteed to kill us. We're going to have to take our chances."

Last edited by Erendiox; 22nd of January, 2012 at 05:21.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 23rd of January, 2012, 14:18
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Ellana nods and begins work her way down the winding staircase, the light of their animas leading the way. One of the fringe benefits she assumed, but she still would have preferred a torch. "Pella?" she calls to the voice in her mind, "Pella, are you there? Do you...do you actually know anything about this place?"

As the spirit muses on her answer Ellana thinks back to the the riders, specifically what they said, she feels like can almost understand what they were saying. Yes, it's a varient of Old Realm, well evolution of Old Realm? She can't remember all of it, but enough, "Indigo? What did they mean deserter? Do you think they'll go to Lady Vilirith?"

[OCC: Decipher language (Int 4 + Linguistics 2)=6(9,9,7,5,3,2)3x]
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 23rd of January, 2012, 18:23
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind scowled at Flicker as the boy bragged about his abilities. She didn't even try and hide it, her disgust was so much. She didn't want to hold it against him, he wasn't a Marukan after all and he didn't understand, but she couldn't help herself.

She thought for a moment, her face still worked into a frown, when she got an idea. A grin spilled onto her face that she couldn't stop even if she wanted to. "Alright," she said with a little too much mirth in her voice. "You wanna be in charge of something. I guess that makes sense, you being Chosen and all. I'll see if I can't come up with something."

"In the meantime," she continued as she stood up off her bed, without letting Flicker respond. "Why don't ya go ahead and keep mingling about town? Maybe head to the Scared Scabbard and meet the owner and his daughters. They're older than ya'll but I think you lot will get along fine."
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 24th of January, 2012, 15:41
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
As these words leave Silver Wind's lips, the furniture rattles slightly, as if something very heavy had just been dropped to the floor of the living room. Another boom, this time more audible, shakes the room, causing a glass to fall off the table and shatter on the hardwood floor. There's a murmur rising from the people outside. Their voices slowly rise from concern to fear.

---

"Me? I… um…" Pella seems taken aback slightly at the directness of the question. "Well… a few things are for certain. The way the entrance was designed, aside from the first-ageness of it an all… it's obviously to stay hidden and to keep people out. Between that and it's location… Not really typical for something like a tomb, or a shrine. It must be something like a hideout, or storage that was meant to be kept secret. That would be my guess."

Pella continues. "The fact that the seal reacts to your inner light, and not your friend's…" She hesitates. "… Well at the least it shows the kind of people whoever built this was trying to keep out…"

"Deserter." Indigo is pensive for a moment. "No, I certainly hope they don't go to Lady Vilirith…" There's a shake in her voice at the thought. "They attacked us because they knew me. The details are not worth knowing." She bites her lip. "Silver Wind and her village have nothing to do with it, so there's no reason to assume they're in danger."

The pair descends through musty darkness. They descend some more, more stone, more steps. It seems as much as 20 minutes have gone by and still nothing but a winding stair into pitch black darkness. Indigo's anima has gone out, and her growing weariness makes her caste mark dim. She motions to have a break and lets out a long breath of air as she has a seat on the stairs.

"Dragons… this staircase is not ending."

[Ellana: (Perception 2 + Occult 3) = 5(7 4 2 1 1) 1X vs Difficulty 3 <failure>]
[Indigo: (Perception 3 + Occult 4) = 7(7 5 5 4 3 1 1) 1X vs Difficulty 3 <failure>]
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 25th of January, 2012, 11:41
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Ellana sat in thoughtful silence as the darkness closed around them. She wished they'd brought a torch. She wished they'd been properly prepared. She wished the Dragon blooded hadn't attacked. Mostly she wished Selen was here, the air aspect would know how to get out of this trap.

In a way she had to admire the elegance of their situation. It wasn't messy, or sudden, or anything you'd look out for, normally anyway, just a slow subtle looping spiral until you clasped from exhaustion. Ellana sighed, elegant or not, they had to find a way through it.

It was pitch black now, both their animas had gone out and all Ellana could hear was their breathing, slow and steady. She laid back against the steps, the solid stone providing little comfort, and tried to think. Had Selen told her anything about this type of trap? Had she read about it? Ellana scoured her mind, trying to find something she'd be told, or read, or knew about that would help them. If only they had some light so she could actually see.

Slowly, her own light began to glow, and in her mind she found the information she sought.

[ooc: (perception 2+ occult 3 + excellency 5) = 10(10,8,8,7,6,6,3,3,2,2)5X vs Difficulty 4]
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 27th of January, 2012, 11:07
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The answers come to her... common First Age illusion magics included charms to keep mortals or lesser essence users out of places where they shouldn't be... hallways would end the same side you entered, stairwells lead back to the same floor, etc. Normally to pass through these illusions, there would typically be an item involved, which one would carry and pass through successfully. For magic like this to be active after so many years though, a spirit would likely have to be responsible for its upkeep, which provides a bargaining opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 27th of January, 2012, 20:43
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
"Spirits, they used spirits as gate keepers!" Ellana barely contained the excitement in her voice. Drunk with knowledge she pulls the pendent, Pella, from her shirt and stares into it, the light of her caste mark reflecting and refracting off of the crystal's faucets. "Pella, can you talk to other spirits? Or see if there are any around here?"
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 28th of January, 2012, 02:18
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"I can't from in here, no..." She says, sounding a little defeated. "Maybe there's some way to get its attention?"

"A spirit?" Says Indigo, in thought. "I suppose it's possible. It could also just be a really long stairway..."
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 28th of January, 2012, 05:26
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Ellana shook her head at Indigo, "It could be...but Pella says that if the seal only reacted to my light, the First Agers probably wanted to keep...um" Ellana blushed and shrugged her shoulders, "Um...people like you...not YOU in particular, more the people trying to kill you, but the seal can't tell the difference, which I guess is good or they could follow us down here." She stopped when she realized she was rambling, again. She cleared her throat and tried again, "The fact there was a seal means whoever built this wants...wanted to keep people out. That means there's a good chance that they set up more..um...traps. One of the more common traps was the endless hallway. Or stairway, I guess. But if the traps are still running after all this time, that means something is maintaining them, probably a spirit. But I don't know how to contact spirits. Except Pella. And she's trapped in her crystal. And I don't remember learning any of that. Is it normal for us to know things I shouldn't know?" Ellana stared up at Indigo, the glow from her caste mark illuminating her wide eyes.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!

Last edited by TagalongDT; 28th of January, 2012 at 08:37. Reason: Corrected sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 29th of January, 2012, 06:23
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indigo smiles a little, looking down at the young girl. "Well… you and Silver Wind follow a cycle of reincarnation. In other words, you have past lives. So I suppose it's possible you're just remembering some very old things…"

Her smile turns to a concerned look. "But… who's Pella? What crystal?"
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 29th of January, 2012, 13:02
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind's smile fell as the first rumble passed through, her first thought that there was a stampede nearby. But the rumble quickly faded, and she was about to shrug it off when the sound went off and the rumble was more felt than heard. Tyr started wailing in her arms and she quickly ran to the window facing the street while trying to calm him. Looking out the window into her town she wondered what else this day had planned for her.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 29th of January, 2012, 15:57
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Ellana gasped when she realized what she'd said. "Um...Pella is..." she couldn't think of a lie, and now wasn't the time anyway. She dropped her shoulders and stared at the floor, it suddenly seemed much more interesting than Indigo herself. "Pella is my friend, she's a forest spirit trapped in a crystal..." Ellana pulled the crystal from under her shirt and showed it to Indigo, careful to keep it securely around her neck,"This crystal, actually."
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 31st of January, 2012, 01:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"No!" Shouts Pella in Ellana's head. "This was supposed to stay a secret!" Too late to stop the young girl's words.

Indigo reaches out to touch it, holding the crystal gently in the palm of her hand. She examines it closely. "This... doesn't seem like a Yasal crystal. Not one that I've ever seen anyway..."

---

"Milady! There's smoke! Smoke in the fields!" Someone shouts from outside. Blossom and Fuchsia both run up to the window, sporting leather armor and shortswords. "Don't worry! We'll take care of this!" Blossom says, looking up at Silver Wind with confidence. They turn to the front gate.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 31st of January, 2012, 09:48
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Something set off alarms in Flicker's head when Silver Wind started sounding a bit... TOO sweet and the boy started to wonder if he was about to get some really scary job palmed off on himself for asking for it. But oh well, he could handle it! That was the point after all, he'd proven he was capable to Silver Wind and he was special now so he felt he could do something important and be put in charge of something.

"Uhhh right, probably best if I don't do the work in the daytime, huh? I'll just wander around a bit-"

That was when the commotion happened and the boy's dark brows furrowed, his hands gripping the bed as everything started shaking... Then another boom and things shook harder, making him jump and the pupils of his eyes narrow in alarm as the glass broke. Fear gripped him then, but an odd fear he'd never felt before. The voice in his head whispered how the Shadow of All Things was a coward and that reflected on his child, but Flicker didn't understand. The fear didn't make him want to RUN, if anything it made him want to make sure the shaking stopped and whatever caused it couldn't do it again. Wierd.

He shot up and ran to the window with Silver Wind and looked out as well.

"What's going on!?"
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 1st of February, 2012, 05:10
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Ellana yelped as Pella cried out to her. "I'm sorry, but I won't let anything happen to you," she assured the spirit. Turning to Indigo she continued, "I don't know what it is...I haven't had time to properly look at her prison. But you can't let anyone know, Indigo. The person who put Pella in there doesn't know I have her, and I don't want anything to happen to her," Ellana's voice carried a sense of gravity as she pleaded with the Dragon Blooded.

She sat down on her step and sighed, "Though...if we can't get out of here I don't think it will matter. Do you know anything about contacting spirits?"
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 1st of February, 2012, 06:00
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The Dragonblooded has a concerned look, first at Ellana, then again the crystal. "This is something we should look into… but for the time being, I'll keep it a secret."

She turns back to the stone walls. "Besides, we have a more pressing problem. I do know how to contact spirits, but each one is different. Some you can simply find or run into. Others have complex rituals to get their attention."

Indigo runs her fingers across the walls, inspecting the structure. "I don't quite know how to go about contacting this one, IF there is one of course. Generally the only thing they have in common is they speak Old Realm."
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 1st of February, 2012, 12:53
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
"Old Realm..." Ellana echoed Indigo. Looking around, the words, "Old Realm" paced through her mind. She had an idea. Standing up she nodded to herself and opened her mouth, "Hello?" she called out, "Is anyone there? We're stuck and we need your help! Hello?"
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren