Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Closed Thread
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 14:51
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
She didn't answer his question! He sighed and took a drink before settling back.

"Well, the guy I talked to didn't say who the girl's family was, but I know he's one of the sons of Taimyo Sudas' family. So his sister would be one of the daughters."

He nods and brings his cup to his lips again. Siiiiiiiiiip.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 18:52
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Sylvia covered her face with her free hand at that information. "Ooof course she is." She let out another long sigh then peeked through to look at Flicker. She couldn't help a small smile at his antics and wondered if his obvious anticipation was an act or not. Still she lowered her hand down to a pouch at her hip and grabbed two dinars, twirling them between her fingers and she showed them above the table.

"Yer reward," she said and she dropped the two silver coins on the table between them. "Ya definitely earned it, and don't let anyone tell ya otherwise." She downed her beer and then wiped her mouth with her sleeve. "Yer rooms paid fer so don't worry about that. Ya got the rest of the night to do whatever tickles yer fancy, just make sure yer back at the grocer by daybreak is all. Preferably without an angry mob."

She looked over and called over one of the servers, requesting a large container of mead. As they left she looked at Flicker again. "And thanks again fer helping me Flicker. It means a lot ta me."
Unread 12th of October, 2011, 09:00
Sparda219
Ghoul

Well that was odd for Sylvia to do. Flicker tilted his head curiously when she face-palmed at that little tidbit of information. I guess it made things more complicated that it was the Taimyo's family involved or something? Huh. He had another sip and then the dinars came out! He sat up like a dog suddenly at attention and those shiny black eyes of his followed the twirling money. When the coins were on the table his hand darted out to scoop them up like he was worried Silver Wind might take them back... Or like he was afraid a third party might see him with that much money.

"Hahaha~ I did earn it, didn't I?"

He nodded and finished his beer... but what to do with his money in this two-horse town? ...Okay there was probably more than two horses in THIS backwater but still, it wasn't exactly cosmopolitan. Still he could hoard half of his pay and still be well off in an emergency so he wasn't going to be shy about using it. When Silver Wind thanked him so whole-heartedly he blushed and ran a hand through his hair.

"O-oh. Hey, uh, no problem! You're helping me out and all so I have to help you out back. And you paid me to boot so yeah, no reason not to."

He said it as if he couldn't imagine not being paid or paying for help of some kind.
Unread 18th of October, 2011, 15:50
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Sylvia nodded at Flicker’s words but didn’t say anything more. The container of mead arrived but she let it sit there as her eyes sort of glazed over. Losing herself in random thoughts she didn’t even notice when Flicker left. It wasn’t until the server replaced the container of mead that she even realized she had been drinking it. Looking at the drink, looking at her reflection, Sylvia wondered where she had gone wrong. Where she had seemed to have lost control of her life.

She used to just be a rancher, and a very successful one at that. She was loved and respected by her townsfolk, and had a husband who truly loved her and a newborn son to potentially carry on her legacy. She knew she still had all that, but the point forward from there was blurry now. Whereas before she had just wanted to make sure Golden Plains was prosperous, now she knew that wasn’t enough. She could feel it in herself, but it annoyed her that she didn’t know where she stopped and the Exaltation began. Or if there was even a distinction.

Looking into the drink, she saw some of her hair fall across her face. Impulsively she grabbed the mug in front of her and downed the whole lot of it. Pouring more into the mug from the pitcher, she decided she could at least tackle this problem with some reasonable degree of success.

Yeah. Putting a dent into their liquor supply is definitely something I can do.

Sylvia finished emptying half the container in one pull before loudly thunking it down on the table. She’d been doing that for the past several hours and hadn’t even bothered to keep track of how many she had gone through at this point. The gentle pressure on her consciousness that usually meant it was time to stop drinking had come and gone long ago now. Tonight she’d just decided to ignore it.

Ugh, I cannot
believe how awful this has been. “Wassh just supposed to be a quick shtop.” She mumbled. “Get supplies and keeps going.” But noooooo. No, that would just be toooooo easy. Now there’s an Anathema going around towards Golden Plains and “the shtupid legion ain’t gonna do nushin’ about it. Cush, cuzsh some…something.” She frowned as she tried to recall why it was, she knew it was buried in her head somewhere. But when her internal search came up empty, she shrugged and decided it wasn’t worth it, grabbing the container again.

She finished off the mead and knocked on the table for another. She wasn’t sure how much money she had put down already, but it seemed to be enough because another pitcher plopped down in front of her and the old one disappeared. Another local leered at her enough to get her attention, and she directed another withering gaze at the man or woman before downing most of the mug.

And then that stupid grocer had to go and say my name. Just said it! Blew my cover right there!
Some part of her that was still sober rebelled at that train of though. She had meant to reveal the truth to Indigo before they even reached the Redoubt. But when Flicker had shown up, whose presence alone seemed to make the dragon-blood’s mood sour, she had been afraid to bring it up. But now the horse is out of the pen. And stupid sexy Indigo is all angry now cuz of some stupid name. She just went all crazy, like it was some terrible lie meant to hurt her. Getting all angry, putting those beautiful eyes in my face, face all flushed like she—

Sylvia groaned and hit her forehead against the table for the third time that night to banish that train of thought. Again. It didn’t work this time so he pounded her head a few more times for good measure, but really all she managed to do was dent the wood slightly. She didn’t even feel any pain. Stupid Exaltation. She’d had to down a lot of drinks just to start getting buzzed and now it wasn’t even letting her blanket her mind in pain.

Just wanna rip those clothes off and toss her onto a bed and start—

“Aaaugh, shtop it shtop it shtop it. I don’t need thish.” She closed her eyes and tried her hardest to picture Irenicus, replacing pale skin with dark, round curves with chiseled abs, and so forth. She loved her husband, she really did. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that Irenicus was a match made for her by Venus herself. She only had to hold it together for a couple more weeks and then she could lose herself in his strong arms again. But it had been so long since she had seen him; and Indigo was right there always tempting. Well, she had been at least before she went and flew off the handle over a something so completely minor.

Sylvia wondered if that added or detracted from her appeal. Growling at herself for that thought she sat back up and downed the rest of her mead before letting the now empty container thunk back onto the table. She knocked on it again and once more mead took its place. She paused to look into the drink, forgetting why she kept doing this but seeing no reason to stop yet.

Her reflection came back as it always did, and she unconsciously rubbed her forehead where her Caste Mark would glow. The thing that labeled her as an Anathema. That train of thought led her to remember what had happened the past few days, and how her patience had been worn thin by the bureaucratic nonsense present here. She decided to stop looking into her reflection, grabbed the container, and brought it to her lips gulping the sweet mead down.

She finished emptying half the container in one pull before loudly thunking it down on the table. She’d been doing that for the past several hours and hadn’t even bothered to keep track of how many she had gone through at this point. The gentle pressure on her consciousness that usually meant it was time to stop drinking had come and gone long ago now. Tonight she’d just decided to ignore it.

Ugh, I cannot
believe how awful this has been. “Wassh just supposed to be a quick shtop.” She mumbled. “Get supplies and keeps going.” But noooooo
Unread 29th of October, 2011, 00:06
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
10th of Descending Fire, Realm Year 768 - Morning

"I hope you weren't drinking on my account…" Says a voice in the distance. Silver Wind's eyes peel open slowly, revealing bright, blurry masses where normal vision should be. Slowly she rouses and brings herself upright. A hangover won't last long for the Exalted, but it still feels like she's been kicked in the face by an angry mule. She groans as the pain hits her temples. Silver Wind squints her eyes, and slowly the image of Indigo standing next to her bedside comes into focus. She can't remember how she got into bed, but she's still wearing everything she was the night before.

"You missed daybreak - so I came to find you. Are you feeling alright?" Her tone is almost like a parent speaking to a foolish child who found her way into the liquor cabinet, but even through her groggy senses Silver Wind can detect a measure of genuine concern.
Unread 30th of October, 2011, 18:42
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Silver Wind covered her face with a hand, trying to block out the pain even though she knew it wouldn't work. She could feel every strand of her hair tugging on her head as it wrapped around her or lay spilled on the bed. Her entire head just throbbed and throbbed, making it hard to concentrate, but she powered through it and finally made her magic flow through her body in a different way. It wouldn't solve the problem immediately but it'd be faster than waiting for the pain to subside on it's own now.

She lowered her hand and looked up at Indigo, her eyes a little bloodshot. Guilt assailed her as the pieces of what must have happened last night fell through the haze and assembled in her mind. "Urrgh," was all she was able to get out however as she felt how dry her mouth and throat were. Smacking her lips and rolling her tongue around in her mouth, trying to get some moisture back in her mouth she tried to speak a few more times without success.

"Sorry," she finally managed to croak out. Seeing a container of water on a table near the bed she leaned over and grabbed it. Instinct was telling her to down the entire thing but she refrained for the moment, carefully sipping the water and feeling it burn down her throat. Giving a sigh mixed with regret and satisfaction she sipped a bit more of the water before returning her gaze to Indigo.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice slowing coming back to it's normal strength. "It seems I've screwed up. Again." She looked around her temporary room and noticed something.

"Where's Flicker?"

[OOC: spending 10 personal motes on Body Mending Meditation]
Unread 1st of November, 2011, 22:59
Sparda219
Ghoul

"Hmrrrr..."

Flicker was on the floor.

After much amusement at Silver Wind's state when she was drunk. because wow she was different (was that how she was really like or was the alcohol more transformative than freeing of her moods?), Flicker bade her farewell so he could go spend some of his money before it was time to go after the anathema girl and her friend. From there it was an evening of trying the various liquors he could get his hands on, buying some savory pies from the baker and eating one and a half of them, hitting on several older boys and girls (coming to naught, sadly) and then to Silver Wind's room where he put down his pack of newly acquired items and collapsed on the floor wearing a new outfit, a long-sleeved shirt, velvet vest and homespun cotton pants: all black to match his hair and eyes. Still no shoes though, that was by choice, not by lack of them.

After clearly being too tired and drunk to find a bed Flicker stirred slowly and sat up on his knees with a legendary case of bedhead, hissing violently when he cracked his eyes open, the flashing black depths of them even more sensitive to morning sunlight than it was to any other part of the day. Night was so much nicer.

"Hmmmrrrrble, bad morning. Wha's goin' on? We leavin'?"
Unread 9th of November, 2011, 19:41
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

"Yes. C'mon, get up." Following her own advice she plants her feet on the ground and stands up, only needing to grab the bed frame once to keep from falling. Her head continued throbbing, possibly even more so thanks to her now erect position. "Ow," she mumbled and covered part of her face with her free hand again.

"Right. Let's get some food and then get everything ready to go." She looked Indigo in the eye and couldn't stop her open eye from hardening a bit. Even though she knew the other woman hadn't done anything wrong, it was just reflexive and she quickly looked away. "Get some food," she repeated, "get the supplies and then we can leave. I don't wanna be here anymore."
Unread 22nd of November, 2011, 03:06
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
*** Thread Closed ***