Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Rimmerdal's Games > Dark New World

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 7th of December, 2009, 10:10
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane waits until Lucian finishes speaking My experiences with undead are not as huge as my encounters with demons. But I have had to fight against several Vampires of various breeds. I have in the past used the tools of the standard vampire hunter but find my ability that harms demons is just as affective against the minions of the dead. And hey it makes it easier to behead them so that the sun can finish them off or burn them in a pyre." She is happy that she actually remembers this knowledge that her uncle taught her and has experienced it first hand.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 04:55
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
The Board room:
A secretary entered and looked..."Uhmm the cleaning lady needs to get in here soon..If you could tell me when you leave. I'll let her know this room is free."

The Air Base:

Aster and Achilles stepped off a Humvee that stopped near a Larger Crescent Moon fighter. It was a heavily armed fighter with added hover jets. The Techs were looking over the ordinance and Ammo loads.

"How are yeah big fella?" he looked at the jet. Aster was more than surprised when the jet rather tank transformed in front of him. He was a simple silver ball. Achilles and the team at the time had a Naruni Juggernaut and a Cresent moon Fighter.

After some convincing Aster found a new an odd friend. Though he had heard tales of other places with similar items..

Last edited by Rimmerdal; 9th of December, 2009 at 02:52.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 06:14
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Elias hopes the Lucian knows where the air field is because he has no idea. While they walk and talk, the scholar tries to take in as much of Lonestar as he can, so that when he returns he will know a bit more about it than he does right now. "Tell me Lucian..." Elias says in his businesslike manner "..just how smart, for lack of a better term, are these undead things? How quick are they on the uptake? Would a hit and run tactic work well against them? I'm not equipped or trained to go toe to toe with them for long, so I thought perhaps I could strafe with a water pistol or handgun with silver bullets. Is that a good idea?"

Last edited by Justinthyme; 8th of December, 2009 at 06:15. Reason: forgot color for talk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 06:42
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane just follows the general group as well. She does not need equipment so just continues along the way. Having not talked to all the group she decides to answer the question of Elias. "Unless they are different here then they are in my native land. The intelligence of one depends on how advanced of a vampire it is. Both in age and creation. But if I am wrong please correct me Lucian. It is apparent in the ways of undead alone you have more knowledge then I do! Perhaps a water pistol weapon might be a good idea after all. Although I do have the magic to create water if need be!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 06:50
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
Outside a Humvee sits waiting..they board and are soon on the way to the base...

(GM tip...The Undead monsters are listed here: http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...ad.php?t=10724. I'll list animals and humanoids soon.)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 07:56
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Elias listens intently to Akane's brief lesson on undead, which deal with vampires. "So it sounds like they grow and learn with experience, interesting." he says making a couple quick notations on the already half filled page. "It would seem that my best course of action is to be unpredictable then." says the rogue scholar in a musing tone of voice. "Thank you my friend." he adds smiling warmly at Akane.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 08:26
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane turns back to him. "You are quite welcome. That is if the data is accurate. But experience while a minor factor I almost feel that it is more of age that determines." She smiles back to him.

"I take it from all you are writing and questions that you are a scholarly type person then?" She asks Elias.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 08:52
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # Akane turns back to him. "You are quite welcome. That is if the data is accurate. But experience while a minor factor I almost feel that it is more of age that determines." She smiles back to him.

"I take it from all you are writing and questions that you are a scholarly type person then?" She asks Elias.
"Yes, you could say I'm a scholar. I love the idea of studying and learning. My parents did as well and I guess it rubbed off. But more than just learning, I love to teach. That why all the notes." A look of passion plays across the scholar face as he continues "I firmly believe it is every person's right to a proper education so they can seek out the truth of day to day life, and that is my duty to provide that education whenever possible."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 09:49
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane wonders to herself if this person would consider her as being under educated and almost decides to ignore the comment altogether. Especially seeing this individual seems to be a person more of books and learning then a person that know the graces of human interaction. Yet he claims to want to teach people. She yawns mentally forcing herself not to actually yawn as she does not want him to think that she thinks he is boring. "Yes an educations is important, but who is to define what a proper education is? And for that matter what exactly is a proper education?" She waits to see what answer he gives wondering how he will respond.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 10:00
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
"Miss Akane, you said you can create water? Is that a spell? If so, I would be willing to trade spells for it, should there be any I know you would like," puts in Gremlin when there is a break in the conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 10:18
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # Akane wonders to herself if this person would consider her as being under educated and almost decides to ignore the comment altogether. Especially seeing this individual seems to be a person more of books and learning then a person that know the graces of human interaction. Yet he claims to want to teach people. She yawns mentally forcing herself not to actually yawn as she does not want him to think that she thinks he is boring. "Yes an educations is important, but who is to define what a proper education is? And for that matter what exactly is a proper education?" She waits to see what answer he gives wondering how he will respond.
Elias gets the feeling that Akane is just humoring him, but he doesn't mind. Most people don't share his passion for learning. "Each individual person decides what a proper education is for him or her. Should a person want to learn about something then great, but that right to learn should not be with-held by anyone. As for what is a proper education? Well, in my opinion, that is the right to know the full and complete truth about a subject, not just what a person or group wants you to know on said subject." Elias break off there before he starts rambling on about the subject of education.

Then after a brief moment of thought he adds; "When I said that its my duty to provide that education, I meant that I feel the need to teach people curiosity, for lack of a better term. I want them to want to know about what interests them and how to go about finding that information." With a kind of shy smile he asks "Did that make any sense?"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 13:57
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # Akane waits until Lucian finishes speaking My experiences with undead are not as huge as my encounters with demons. But I have had to fight against several Vampires of various breeds. I have in the past used the tools of the standard vampire hunter but find my ability that harms demons is just as affective against the minions of the dead. And hey it makes it easier to behead them so that the sun can finish them off or burn them in a pyre." She is happy that she actually remembers this knowledge that her uncle taught her and has experienced it first hand.
Lucian tilts his head slightly at the woman’s words.

“Then you have just as much power as I have over them. Do not sell yourself short. While I have never faced a demon…. The Vampires I have faced could be considered such. If we make it out of this in one piece, perhaps we could learn much from one another.”

He then turns and faces Elias….

“The Undead come in several forms and breeds. While most of my experience is directly related to Vampires and their minions, Ghouls, Zombies, and other skeletal remains….ghost and several other horrors exist. Each one a threat in its own right. While Vampires seem the most intelligent and vile of the threats, all possess some form of intellect. While predatory in nature, each finds a way to feint its prey into a position for the kill. The best thing to do is protect yourself. Arm yourself for a close encounter. If you plan to hit and run, just make sure you keep your wits about you. Before too long, they are bound to get smart. Don’t make direct eye contact with them, and just fire until they go down. If you have fire spells, I suggest using as many of them as you can when the hordes come too close. Some of them have the ability to pick out the magic users before anyone else. Apparently they were smart enough to figure out what was a threat to their survival. They will come for you like a rabid animal…. Treat them as such. Whatever means is necessary for your survival. They will not show you mercy or tolerance… why should you be any different?”

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 14:49
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Originally Posted by Justinthyme # Elias gets the feeling that Akane is just humoring him, but he doesn't mind. Most people don't share his passion for learning. "Each individual person decides what a proper education is for him or her. Should a person want to learn about something then great, but that right to learn should not be with-held by anyone. As for what is a proper education? Well, in my opinion, that is the right to know the full and complete truth about a subject, not just what a person or group wants you to know on said subject." Elias break off there before he starts rambling on about the subject of education.

Then after a brief moment of thought he adds; "When I said that its my duty to provide that education, I meant that I feel the need to teach people curiosity, for lack of a better term. I want them to want to know about what interests them and how to go about finding that information." With a kind of shy smile he asks "Did that make any sense?"
She smiles back. "That makes sense yes. No I was worried that what you were getting at is some people that did not learn certain methods were lesser educated. See I was taught by my Uncle in traditional Demon Queller fashion and I was thinking you would think less of me because of the way I had learned and what I know. I mean it was a rough enough life there because of my lineage. I am sorry I digress. She trails off before turning to Lucien.

"Thank-you for giving me that vote of confidence. I hope I endeavor to prove myself worthy of it! She bows in gratitude.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 8th of December, 2009, 21:09
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Having been overlooked (happens too often with the big people), Gremlin grabs his bullhorn and asks again, more loudly, "Miss Akane, is that ability to produce water a spell? If so, are you willing to teach me? I can teach you some of my spells, if I know any you want."
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 03:01
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
The team saw before them a series of craft. Mostly Transport aircraft and Armed Helecopters. Apache and Black Hawks.

As fire support a pair of C-103 was on the tarmac. one had a AWACs and the other was a AC-130 Gunship had 4 Mini-guns, 2 heavy bushmaster cannons and mortars. The AC-130 Also had a slew mini-Missiles and Short range weapons. The last element of the fire support wing were a quartet A-10 Warthogs.

"Ah I thought you migh t like this.." Aster spotting Gremlin held up his globe, "I have a mage hired to help with spells for those that need to learn them."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 05:44
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # She smiles back. "That makes sense yes. No I was worried that what you were getting at is some people that did not learn certain methods were lesser educated. See I was taught by my Uncle in traditional Demon Queller fashion and I was thinking you would think less of me because of the way I had learned and what I know. I mean it was a rough enough life there because of my lineage. I am sorry I digress. She trails off before turning to Lucien.

"Thank-you for giving me that vote of confidence. I hope I endeavor to prove myself worthy of it! She bows in gratitude.
With a smile and a quick nod of understanding at Akane's line of questioning before, Elias returns the bow and responds "I would never judge someone for their lack of a formal education such as the one I have. I know its not widely available and hopefully that will change soon. Besides, you mentioned having spell knowledge and though I have no experience with that myself, I do know that it requires a great deal of study to master even the simplest of spells. So that would also mean I have no right to judge. Your education was geared from what your uncle knew and could teach. I have a great respect for such things. In fact, I was hoping that perhaps at some time we could exchange knowledge. I am very interested in learning to read, write and speak knew languages. Sort of a passion. I was hoping that perhaps, if the opportunity arises, you could teach me your native tongue and I'd be more than happy to teach you one of the languages I know that you do not." Elias flashes a quick grin as his almost uncontrollable passion for learning new skills bursts out in the heat of the conversation.

Originally Posted by HeadHunter # Lucian then turns and faces Elias….

“The Undead come in several forms and breeds. While most of my experience is directly related to Vampires and their minions, Ghouls, Zombies, and other skeletal remains….ghost and several other horrors exist. Each one a threat in its own right. While Vampires seem the most intelligent and vile of the threats, all possess some form of intellect. While predatory in nature, each finds a way to feint its prey into a position for the kill. The best thing to do is protect yourself. Arm yourself for a close encounter. If you plan to hit and run, just make sure you keep your wits about you. Before too long, they are bound to get smart. Don’t make direct eye contact with them, and just fire until they go down. If you have fire spells, I suggest using as many of them as you can when the hordes come too close. Some of them have the ability to pick out the magic users before anyone else. Apparently they were smart enough to figure out what was a threat to their survival. They will come for you like a rabid animal…. Treat them as such. Whatever means is necessary for your survival. They will not show you mercy or tolerance… why should you be any different?”
"Unfortunately I have no such skills with spells or psionics. The skills I do have appear to be natural abilities that somehow developed within me. Also, unfortunately. none of those skills are really what you would consider highly offensive ones, apart from possibly the darkness I can create and control that is. And even that doesn't really cause any damage. However, I shall be guided by you and remain on my guard for the duration of this adventure. Thank you very much for the advice."

Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # The team saw before them a series of craft. Mostly Transport aircraft and Armed Helecopters. Apache and Black Hawks.

As fire support a pair of C-103 was on the tarmac. one had a AWACs and the other was a AC-130 Gunship had 4 Mini-guns, 2 heavy bushmaster cannons and mortars. The AC-130 Also had a slew mini-Missiles and Short range weapons. The last element of the fire support wing were a quartet A-10 Warthogs.
Elias is impressed with the vast amount of warlike hardware and vehicles. Never before has he had the chance to see so many different things up close, and though he doesn't really know enough to even recognize what specific uses each vehicle is for, it is clear from the expression on his face he both impressed and delighted.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 05:46
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane turns to the little one. "My apologies Gremlin. I did not mean to miss you. I would of course be happy to teach you the spell if you need me to. Perhaps we can work out an arrangement of exchange for spell which would help us on edeavours should we continue to work together in the future."

(OOC - My apologies, I thought I posted the whole thing last time which included speaking to gremlin but must of missed that line)

She then turns to Elias again. "An exchange of knowledge is always a good thing. But I should warn the way I have learned to use magic is more intuitive then it is ritualistic. I can learn spells but the ones I started with came to me instinctively as they were all needed in my given vocation. For languages I speak, Japanese, Mandrin Chinese, English, Elvish and Demongorgian! So when you have a chance we can indeed sit down and discuss!"

Last edited by sasqaricious; 9th of December, 2009 at 05:51.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 07:27
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # She then turns to Elias again. "An exchange of knowledge is always a good thing. But I should warn the way I have learned to use magic is more intuitive then it is ritualistic. I can learn spells but the ones I started with came to me instinctively as they were all needed in my given vocation. For languages I speak, Japanese, Mandrin Chinese, English, Elvish and Demongorgian! So when you have a chance we can indeed sit down and discuss!"
Elias smiles warmly and says with a bit of a laugh "I think that right now is not a good time to get started, even though my head says "do it". When we get back then we can get started, plus it will give us a chance to make a decision while we are adventuring. We share 2 languages already. Those being English and Elvish or Dragonese. Apart from those I speak, read and write Spanish, Techno-can, the language of computers and technical manual, and Euro. Though I'm no expert on those languages, I think I can provide a good enough basis for you to continue learning them."
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 07:38
rancorius
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7776
Location: western u.s.
Posts: 86 (0.03 per day)
"How are yeah big fella?" he looked at the jet. Aster was more than surprised when the jet rather tank transformed in front of him. He was a simple silver ball. Achilles and the team at the time had a Naruni Juggernaut and a Cresent moon Fighter.

After some convincing Aster found a new an odd friend. Though he had heard tales of other places with similar items..
A computer voice comes on over the loudspeakers "ID confirmed Aster"
After a few moments "What is my mission"

If someone else addresses him "Id unknown, who and what are u?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 9th of December, 2009, 09:21
AlanDG2
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7842
Posts: 90 (0.03 per day)
Gremlin will try to get a good look at as many different items as he can, studying alien technologies was his original mission...before the portal left him lost in this universe with no easy way back. He is happy to see his orb, and will quickly make the repairs needed (I doubt anyone else can fit inside to do so). While there he will set the computers to record all possible details of the surrounding equipment.

He will gladly accept any new spells he has time to learn (what kind of learning time are we using here? I think it is hours per spell level at least in most versions of the game), and teach those he can to his companions.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 10th of December, 2009, 00:00
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.11 per day)
Originally Posted by rancorius # A computer voice comes on over the loudspeakers "ID confirmed Aster"
After a few moments "What is my mission"

If someone else addresses him "Id unknown, who and what are u?
"We have a town recon and save..." he held placed a hand on the aircraft., "Mission specs..Should be easy."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 10th of December, 2009, 03:47
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by rancorius # A computer voice comes on over the loudspeakers "ID confirmed Aster"
After a few moments "What is my mission"

If someone else addresses him "Id unknown, who and what are u?
Originally Posted by Rimmerdal # "We have a town recon and save..." he held placed a hand on the aircraft., "Mission specs..Should be easy."
Aster's response to the aircraft's query confirmed Elias's suspicion that perhaps the mechanical voice was coming from an intelligent machine rather than a human, or other species, pilot. Clearing his throat and looking up at the aircraft, the rogue scholar figures now would be the best time for it to get to know his voice so there are no mistakes later. "Umm...hello...uh...I'm sorry I don't know how I should address you but I figure its best that you know my voice because I won't show up on any of your sensor systems. My name is Elias Strorm, call sign Nightfall, and I am a human male. It is hard for me to explain exactly why you cannot sense me except to say it is a special quality I was born with that cloaks me from such mechanical detection. Unfortunately I can't turn it off, so if you like we can work out a codeword or phrase that will allow you to identify me. Or I guess you can go by my voice pattern if that works for you too." Elias looks perhaps a bit apprehensive at first but soon realizes that with todays technology its really not so strange to be introducing himself to an aircraft. "Just let me know how you would like to do things." he finishes cheerfully.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 10th of December, 2009, 05:25
sasqaricious
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7833
Location: Stettler, Alberta
Posts: 35 (0.01 per day)
Akane is kinda wowed by the machine and then listens to the explanation that Elias gives.
"Um if the machine can not see you and you do not show up under any sensors. Far be it from me to ask as technology is not my strongest forte' but is it not using a sensor as well to hear you voice. She looks kinda inquisitively wondering the answer herself. "Oh and hello voice from speakers. You can call me Akane!"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 10th of December, 2009, 05:44
Falcon79
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7709
Posts: 103 (0.03 per day)
Originally Posted by rancorius # A computer voice comes on over the loudspeakers "ID confirmed Aster"
After a few moments "What is my mission"

If someone else addresses him "Id unknown, who and what are u?
Kieran Raises an eyebrow ant the talking plane and says...

"Designation Kieran Stuart, Callsign Ironcore in combat, you can call Corey in everyday speech though, and as to what i am i like to think of myself as human, though others may disagree....."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 10th of December, 2009, 06:17
Justinthyme's Avatar
Justinthyme
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7834
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 148 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by sasqaricious # Akane is kinda wowed by the machine and then listens to the explanation that Elias gives.
"Um if the machine can not see you and you do not show up under any sensors. Far be it from me to ask as technology is not my strongest forte' but is it not using a sensor as well to hear you voice. She looks kinda inquisitively wondering the answer herself. "Oh and hello voice from speakers. You can call me Akane!"
Elias can't help but grin when Akane questions his explanation about the cloaking. Then with a bit of a look of semi-confusion he says "To be honest I'm not really sure I can explain it any better than I already because I don't really understand it myself. In fact I haven't been able to find anyone who can explain it. I have a theory about it being able to hear me though. It could be that because when I speak I create soundwaves that cause the speakers to move, so he can hear me. However, when he sends out the sensor signals, such as radar waves, my body acts similiar to those devices that counteract radar, in that perhaps my body absorbs those waves instead of reflecting them back to be read by the sensors." Then with a brief pause he adds with a shrug "Other than that I don't really have an explanation. I wish I did."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren