Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > RIFTS: MercTown > Archives

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 16th of November, 2007, 11:07
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
MercTown SideThread 9: Kirika's Shopping Trip

Leaving the Quiet Warrior Inn after everyone else turns in, Kirika heads out into the Spokes District looking for a shop or two that might carry maps or other cartography items.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 18th of November, 2007, 07:32
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika quietly walks out, walking twords where she thinks the Spokes district should be, looking for maps. Sadly, it is a task made no easier by the very fact she lacks one, this being her first day in town.

She hugs her jacket tighter around herself in the night, looking for signs or such that might indicate such a shop.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 18th of November, 2007, 12:46
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Kirika pulls her jacket around her as a cool evening breeze blows by. The sidewalks and streets of MercTown seem nearly as busy at night, even late night. There are many resturants, saloons, bars and the like which are packed and bustling with business. She passes by several motels/hotels too that cater to the variety of adventurers/mercs and the like here. She finds a sign that says, "Badgerbold Cartographers" which she guesses is probably what she is looking for. However, they're currently closed due to the late time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 19th of November, 2007, 08:29
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika walks around quietly, gazing on at the crowds. She hasn't been to a city like this in years it seems like to her, busy no matter what time of day, full of life, she finds it comforting and strange all in one...

She finds a shop and goes up to it, letting out a loud sigh as she sees the closed sign, she goes to a window and peeks her face aginst the glass, hoping there's a light on of an owner working late. Even if he's not willing, she can at least ask for directions
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 22nd of November, 2007, 10:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Badgerbold Cartographers

Kirika presses her face against the window and she feels the magic protecting the place tingle her skin. The window shade is closed, but she tries to peek through the shutters anyhow....

ooc: give me a perception check.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 22nd of November, 2007, 13:02
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika leans forward, pressing aginst it, feeling the magical protections she grows more cautious, but decides to continue to try to peer though the shudders anyway...

ooc: 12+3=15 Preception

Last edited by Nekira Sudacne; 22nd of November, 2007 at 14:01.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 25th of November, 2007, 02:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Her skin tingles as the magical protections activate, a light flickers on inside as she peers through the shudders. She hears the sound of heavy feet as a shadow passes by the window towards the door.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 26th of November, 2007, 07:54
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirkia blinks at the tingling sensation, then, hears and sees the movements, and figures the best way to avoid looking suspicous is to act natural, she lingers for a moment aginst the window then pulls back, letting her jacket hang loose as she flips her hair over her sholder and turns to look at the door calmly, hands extended outward, palm up in a gesture of being unarmed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 29th of November, 2007, 10:47
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
A shadowy figure stops by the window and Kirkia feels herself being probed/scanned as her mental defenses activate. The figure disappears when she moves away and flips her hair back she hears a voice behind her say, "Very beautiful, what can I do for you at this late hour?"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 30th of November, 2007, 08:07
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika blinks, but reacts quickly, whiping her body around as her jacket flairs in the dark lights, she turns to face the surprise, but realizes what happened in a flash and smiles up at the figure, a single strand of hair hanging over her face from the sudden movements.

"I'm sorry to trouble you, but i'm afraid i'm new to town, I was looking for a place to find a map but everywhere is closed. I was hoping if the owner of this one was still in working on something I could ask for directions to find a place where I could get a map of the city and surrounding area"

She flashes a grin as she straightens her open jacket "Unfortunatly, finding a map without already having one is proving quite difficult. Think you could help me?"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 3rd of December, 2007, 10:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Originally Posted by Nekira Sudacne # She flashes a grin as she straightens her open jacket "Unfortunatly, finding a map without already having one is proving quite difficult. Think you could help me?"
As Kirika spins around she sees a rather handsome looking "Ken" doll standing there dressed in very elegant clothes, they look like robes with arcane symbols on them. He smiles warmly. He's about 2 feet high (PB 26) and porportioned like a perfect Ken doll from Pre-Rifts era. "Well met m'lady, you are very lovely. I am Taen and yourself? As for maps you've come to the right place, we deal in maps of all kinds and I am the owner, along with my wife and family. We are technically closed, but for someone like yourself I think I could make an exception."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 3rd of December, 2007, 13:53
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kyri turns around and smiles down at the tiny creature, such arcane symbols, and such speed...or teleporting? Kirikia has no idea exsactly what the little being is, but he does certaintly seem friendly. She widens her grin at his compliments.

"Oh, would you be willing to help me this late? I'd certaintly appriciate it immensley. I was afraid i'd be all night on these streets."

Last edited by Nekira Sudacne; 3rd of December, 2007 at 15:12.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 6th of December, 2007, 10:29
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Taen grins and smiles at Kirika and says, "What sort of map are you needing at this late hour miss?"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 6th of December, 2007, 12:54
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
She smiles "A basic roadmap of the city, with major locations labeled, and a geographical and road map of the surrounding areas as best you can." she sighs "And thanks so much for being willing to help me this late."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11th of December, 2007, 10:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Taen smiles and opens the door to his shop. "Please do come in, I have maps of all kinds, including many of the city proper and all its environs. As for the surrounding areas, I have maps of the major ones, but most of it is wilderness/Magic Zone beyond the road to Kingsdale and the river/ley lines."

ooc: see the link to the map from EU. The ley line that follows the old Ohio River goes all the way to Kingsdale.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 08:16
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika smiles and takes a look around her shop, walking around a bit while he shows her the maps, she looks them over, leaning forward to exsamin them before she smiles at Taen.

"These are just what i'm looking for. I'll take them."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 22:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Taen shows you around his shop and it's a marvel place, full of maps all over the walls. Shelves of books and maps and a nice clean counter/register area. He smiles, "My family and I work constantly updating and redoing maps from all over the world and even other dimensions. The two local maps will cost you 150 credits. Would you like anything else m'lady?"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 17th of December, 2007, 15:10
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
She smiles, enjoying looking at all the maps, gazing in wonder of how they keep up with this all. So many maps, it must take such a long time, but they do it somehow. She's very glad she found a shop like this.

"That is great, thank you. This will be all for now, but i'll be sure to return for my next maps!" she says frevently, taking out the money to pay him gratefully.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 23rd of December, 2007, 23:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Taen smiles and nods, "My pleasure m'lady and please do return, we have maps for everything and tell your friends!" He takes your money and gives you any change and then escorts you out and locks back up for the night.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 26th of December, 2007, 11:39
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika smiles, satisifed having found her maps. "Thank you very much" she inclines her head and offers to shake hands before she leaves "And I apologise for keeping you from your family. Goodnight!"

And with that, Kirika tucks her maps under her arms and heads back to the Inn to rest for the night.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 28th of December, 2007, 09:43
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Taen smiles, "Really its no problem, enjoy them." He then closes up after you leave. You do sense that perhaps you're being watched/followed....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 30th of December, 2007, 09:31
Nekira Sudacne
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2795
Posts: 34 (0.01 per day)
Kirika smiles, folding the maps neatly under her arm, and strolling down, tossing her hair back in the cool breeze. Someone...following her? She's not sure, the large city's streets bustling around her makes it hard to tell, still, there are supernatural things afoot, especially if there's a demon in the area, and so Kirika decides to check. Continuing her casual stroll, she pauses to check her maps, casually, using the oppor using Presence Sense to try to detect any hidden presences around her, and empathy as well, to see if she can sense any hostile or other ill intentions twords her.

ooc: 4 out of 50% on presence sense to detect non-supernatural presences as well
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 31st of December, 2007, 01:07
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.91 per day)
Kirika feels supernatural and non supernatural presences watching her, someone in the shadows stalking her and someone using magic to watch her as well. She sees that the map of Merctown is very detailed and leads her back to the inn easiliy enough.

ooc: this whole adventure is the previous night... note the party is preparing to leave...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren