Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 10:37
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Post Scenario 1

Scenario 1 – Pack Attack!

The ranchers and farmers of Beliard are hardy folk – they raise cattle and produce and have turned their little village into a popular trading post. Hardy herds of “jersey” cows roam the moors and rolling hills around the town, and potatoes and beans are grown and shipped throughout the Realms.
Blasko Halamar – the stout, white-bearded, retired warrior runs the stables in town where a traveler or local can get a good horse for a decent price.
Ahber Milshoun helps the village out by renting out his stronghouses at high prices. But the folk who rent from him know that their goods are protected by the dozen men-at-arms that he employs.
For a nice place to stay that won’t completely empty a purse, The Watchful Knight is not too bad for an inn. The hostel is run by Arah Calatharr, and is said to be protected by an animated suit of armor, hence the name. It’s a rough place, built with log and stone, and can be a tad chilly in the winter.
But at the end of a long day, most of the hard-working folk of the tree-cloaked village gather at the newest place in town, a tavern, The Cow Bell. A small place, the Cow Bell is usually crowded and although it’s been open just over three months, the proprietor, Henry Rudd, has already drawn up plans for an extension.

The sun is rapidly setting and the cool of the last days of summer has already settled on the village. And it’s at the Cow Bell, sipping on a fairly dark brew and munching on fried “chips” and cheese, that you first hear the horn. All talk suddenly stops and folks put down their mugs or chips and look around with wide eyes. The horn sounds again and suddenly everyone is moving, heading for the doors, either in the front or the back.
Outside, the folk who weren’t in the tavern have come out of their homes and are looking toward the fields. In the distance, wolves are howling and when the horn blows again, it is considerably closer. Then, one of Ahber’s guards, who is stationed atop one of the stronghouses, yells and points to the forested hills just north of the village.
Bursting out of the trees is a score of wolves – a large pack, led by what looks to be a huge black beast.
“God’s preserve us!” one old rancher laments. “That black one be a worg! I’d bet me right arm on it!”
The horn sounds again…and the wolves get closer, and then you are able to see what is leading them – atop the huge black wolf is a rider! And about six of the normal wolves carry riders as well!
“Goblins!” the guard atop the stronghouse shouts. “They’re splitting into three groups! One is going after the cattle in the upper fields! Another swinging around toward Halamar’s stables! And the third group is heading right at us!”
Farmers and ranchers and townsfolk start running in all directions at once. Many of the ranchers grab bows and axes and head for their fields to protect their cattle. A few, including Blasko, head for the stables. While the rest of the guardsmen run up to a very nervous Ahber and await instructions.
Into the chaos another horn sounds, this one loud and long. Standing on the steps of the Cow Bell is Henry Rudd – a sword in one hand and a hunting horn in the other. As the wolves and goblins descend upon the village, Henry puffs his chest out and shouts, “Folk of Beliard, hear me now! We’ve lived and farmed here for many a year! We’ve outlasted blizzards, wolves, Orc hordes, and highwaymen! This is our town and our livestock! Stop running around like chickens with your heads cut off and remember who you are! Gird up your swords and let’s run these bastards back to their holes! To arms! To arms!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here we go! Post your characters in the Characters for Scenario 1 thread - the first five to post get to play this scenario! Good luck!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beliard battle map 1.JPG (68.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by hedgeknight; 26th of December, 2012 at 01:49. Reason: Updated map
  #2  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 11:20
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Posting actions

Okay fellers, it's time to rock and roll! Here's what I want you to do:

Read the scenario again and take a real good look at the attached map. If you can't see the map, let me know and I'll post it again or email it to you.

I need actions from all of you and I need 2 to 3 rounds of actions, not just one. And you have at least three options:
  1. Ranchers and farmers are heading toward the upper fields to engage the attackers - you can go with them.
  2. Blasko is running for his stables to protect his horses; chances are one or two guards will go with him - you can go too.
  3. The rest of the guards, along with Ahber and Henry will make a stand outside the Cow Bell where the main group of attackers are heading, including the worg and goblin leader - you can stand here too.
So, post your actions as if you are moving in one of those directions - don't worry about acting as a group! You are five individuals who are in Beliard - for whatever reason - and find yourselves in the midst of an attack. You really don't have a lot of time to think about it. You must act.

Like I said, give me two to three rounds of action. For example, I charge the wolf and it's goblin rider and attack with my axe (list helpful combat stats ). If the wolf falls, I attack the goblin. If the goblin dies, I move on to the next one.
BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN LIGHT OF THE MAP.
The more info you give me the better I can detail it in the first battle post.

Any questions? If so, please post them in the OOC.
I plan to post the first battle post in the morning.
Thanks fellers!
-g-
  #3  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 11:30
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Knowing full well he is most useful in situations where is position with the most fighter possible Bubbles hunkers into his spot amongst the guards at the Cow Bell. Pulling out an arrow he clears his throat and lets prose escape from his lips.
"Goblins are stinky
And today this one dies.
Goblins are stinky
And I don't like 'em.
Big wolfs go boom
When my arrows hit 'em.
We's gonna kill 'em dead
Kill 'em dead
KILL 'EM DEAD!!!"

Not the greatest song by far, he tries his best. Actually he is horribly off key and doesn't seem to follow any set tune at all. The troops don't quite seem inspired so much as angrier by the tune, really wishing he'd shut up. But he won't until all the enemy is dead. After beginning his wonderful (blech!) song he starts letting arrows fly, weaving amongst the men attempting to inspire them on.
OOC: Arrows towards various wolves to try and thin the herd. One each soften them for the blows of the guard.

Last edited by akiko; 3rd of July, 2006 at 11:33.
  #4  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 11:51
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil knows the farmers are going to need some kind of support. They're just farmers, after all. He moves with them, and tries to take a vantage point on the approaching hoard. He pulls the bow string taught, and lets arrows fly against the wolfs. He knows full well that the rider will fall if the mount does.

OOC: Move to help defend against the northern most group. Try to get a vantage point. Fire arrows at wolves once within 300 feet. Target front wolves first. 30 or less feet: +6 (d8+1), 31-100 feet: +5 (d8), 101-200 feet: +4 (d8), 201-300 feet: +3 (d8).
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #5  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 12:04
SuperC's Avatar
SuperC
Tiny Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member: #1602
Location: places unknown
Posts: 24 (0.01 per day)
I take to the right to defend the stables, for there are only a few to fight at this time. I walk casually to the stables. While walking I pull my great sword from my back. When I see the first enemy come into view I run toward it and hack away.


OOc: Melee greatsword +3 (2d6+8/crit 19-20). Plus the wonderful use of power attacking for 1.

Last edited by SuperC; 3rd of July, 2006 at 13:01.
  #6  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 15:19
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Bring them down!!
These snakes’ll die afore the night’s done!!
Stay in the defensible positions, Let them come and die!!

Mirko stays with the group outside the CowBell taking advantage of the cover the buildings provide it is a much better position to be on the defensible buildings than out in the open fields where the faster wolves have the advantage.
Pulls out his Bow and directs his fire at the rider of the worg, if the rider falls he continues firing at the worg if and when enemies come within melee range he pulls out his great sword and goes in to fighting Rage hacking away at the closest enemy in range and going for the next

initiative +7
Composite Long Bow (to hit +4, damage 1d8+4, x3 110’)
melee in rage
Great Sword (to hit+7,damage 2d6+9, 19-20/x2)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #7  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 21:14
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Bra'Kan sees himself as the most powerful person in Beliard, but doesn't realize he's not the most brightest. He screams for his blood thirst overtakes him when he sees all those that wolves that are running towards his precious building. Not knowing where to go, he decides to run with his fellow half-orc towards the stables and rescue kill off the smaller groups and let the farmers thin themselves before going to run and "rescue the day"

OOC: Run towards stables, attack wolf / rider, rage after missing for two rounds or taking 3 points of damage, keep attacking until able to move to new enemy (next closest subject around)
+3 / +3 Orc Double Axe (1d8 +4 / 1d8 +2) (x3 crit), no rage
+5 / +5 Orc Double Axe (1d8 +6 / 1d8 +2) (x3 crit), during rage

Last edited by Noocytx; 3rd of July, 2006 at 21:22.
  #8  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 22:32
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Battle Quick Post 1

Battle Quick Post 1 – Barbarians and Bloody Fields

Order of Initiative:
Mirko (26); Gratch, the worg rider (22); Aramil/worg (19); Halamar (17); Goblins (14); Ahber (13); Guards/Farmers (10); Henry/Bra’kan (8); Bubbles (7); Wolves (5); and Gambien (4)

“Alright, lads, stay strong!” Henry says through clenched teeth, encouraging the guards who are facing the charging wolves. “Make sure your aim is true.” The owner of the Cow Bell is scared; his knuckles are white as he grips his sword.
Knowing full well he is most useful in situations with the most fighters possible, Bubbles hunkers into his spot amongst the guards at the Cow Bell. Pulling out an arrow he clears his throat as prose his lips:

"Goblins are stinky - And today this one dies.
Goblins are stinky - And I don't like 'em.
Big wolfs go boom - When my arrows hit 'em.
We's gonna kill 'em dead - Kill 'em dead.
KILL 'EM DEAD!!!"


The song isn’t that good, off key and slightly irritating…but the effect IS good and the scared guards give nods of thanks to the diminuitive bard.
“Bring them down!” Mirko shouts, pulling his bow and finding a target. “These snakes’ll die afore the night’s done! Stay in the defensible positions. Let them come and die!”
The wolf rider blows his horn again and the wolves howl, shaking the guards resolve, but none of them break and run thanks to Bubbles' tune.
Mirko takes aim and fires, sending an arrow directly at the worg rider. His aim is high, however, and the worg comes charging right at him. At merely five feet away, the worg breaks sharp to Mirko’s left and the worg rider leaps from the saddle and hurls a javelin at the barbarian’s chest. Mirko bats the shaft aside, drops his bow and draws steel, his face contorted in rage. The worg rider, a Goblin wearing studded leather, draws a shortsword and a knife, and says in broken Common, “Time to die, human pig!”


The huge black worg leaps upon the first guard in line and bears him to the ground. The worg rips most of the guard’s face clean off, leaving a bloody mess. As the guard dies, another wolf rider fires and hits a guard in the shoulder, barely wounding him. And then the battle is among the defenders outside the Cow Bell. “Take it to ‘em, lads!” Henry shouts and the guards fire at the charging wolves. A guard on the ground grazes a Goblin rider while another hits the worg in the shoulder.

Bubbles fires his first arrow as he weaves in and out between the guards. The shaft buries deep in a wolf’s chest (D5), slowing it down considerably.
Near Ahber, one of his guards wounds a wolf, while another scores a perfect hit on a Goblin rider, killing it instantly!
Ahber, sweat running down his face, points his fist at one of the charging wolves and a ring on his finger spits out two magical bolts of energy that fly unerringly into the wolf. The wolf yelps in pain but keeps coming.

“Eat this!” Mirko roars as he brings his great sword around and slices his Goblin foe from neck to nuts (D12). The Goblin screams in pain and with a savage yell, lunges forward slashing Mirko across the stomach with its short sword (D4) and then digging the knife in the barbarian’s lower back (D4).
Bubbles yelps and fires another arrow as a wolf charges in at him. He misses the beast and the wolf bites at him, but the nimble Gnome avoids its sharp fangs. The wolf doesn’t leave, however, sensing an easy meal; it continues to circle the Gnome looking for an opening to attack.

Mirko roars in pain as the Goblin spits blood at him, backing away and looking for another opening. But the enraged barbarian doesn’t give the Goblin time. With swiftness that belies his large frame, Mirko drops to one knee and brings the great sword around in a swath that cuts the Goblin ranger clean in two! (D20)
The disbelief on the Goblin’s face doesn’t register with Mirko as he surveys the battle scene through a bloody haze. The worg has killed three men and a Goblin and a guard are rolling around on the ground, stabbing and punching at each other while two wolves nip at them. Henry is leaning against the side of the Cow Bell, his breeches torn and bloody. The Gnome bard is facing down a wolf while a second beast creeps upon him unawares. Ahber and his guards are shouting off to his right, but through the trees he really can’t make out what is going on. Then the huge worg snarls and turns its gory maw toward the barbarian...and charges!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aramil knows the farmers are going to need some kind of support. They're just farmers, after all. The Elven ranger quickly outdistances them, gaining a vantage point on the approaching horde. He pulls the bow string taught and aims at the wolf with a rider, knowing full well that the rider will fall if the mount does. He fires and drives an arrow deep in the chest of the wolf, causing it to stumble (D7). The rider tries to stay on its back, but can’t hold on and falls off the side. (OOC: Great plan jimx!)

Aramil laughs and says, “Make good shots, friends! Let’s drive these beasts back to the woods!”
The rangers, emboldened by the ranger’s words and actions, give a ragged cheer and attack, firing arrows and charging into the wolves. A bald rancher with a stout chopping axe runs straight at the Goblin as the disoriented creature gets up. And the last thing its black eyes sees is the blade of the rancher’s axe just before he smashes its face in! Another rancher ends the wounded wolf’s life, while three of his fellows runs toward the pasture with the cattle, where a wolf rider and two wolves are trying to rustle a few head. Aramil fires another arrow, striking a wolf in the side as it charges toward one of the ranchers heading for the cattle.
Then suddenly, a snarling wolf leaps at Aramil and bites the Elf in the ribs (D3). The wolf immediately tucks and runs under Aramil’s legs, sending the ranger to the grass! The wolf leaps upon the ranger, but Aramil stuffs his longbow in the wolf’s mouth, barely managing to keep its teeth from tearing into his face!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Gambien walks casually toward the stables, seemingly in no hurry at all. As he walks, he pulls his great sword from its scabbard on his back and begins looking for enemies.
Bra'Kan sees himself as the most powerful person in Beliard, but doesn't realize he's not the brightest. When he sees all those wolves running towards his precious building, he roars a blood-thirsty challenge. Not knowing where to go, he decides to follow his fellow half-orc towards the stables and rescue the smaller groups. He’ll let the farmers thin the other wolves and themselves before going to "rescue the day."
“Get a move on, dammit!” Halamar roars, running for the stables; you can already hear the horses neighing in panic.

When he sees the wolves darting through the trees, Gambien smiles and charges. Bra’Kan lunges forward too, hefting his Orcish double axe in his meaty hands.
Halamar grabs a pitchfork out of his stables and meets a charging wolf as it lunges toward him. He stabs the beast in the chest and with a grunt of effort, flings it aside. Bra’Kan meets a wolf head on, chopping at it with his axe. The wolf ducks and leaps out of the way of the wicked axe and takes a bite at Bra’Kan but likewise misses as the barbarian fends off its sharp fangs.
Bra’Kan grits his teeth and brings the double axe around again in a whirling display that momentarily confuses the wolf and it ultimately fatal. The first head of the axe breaks the wolf’s back (D10) and as the creature yelps in agony, Bra’Kan brings the axe around again and smashes its skull (D9).

The Goblin rider charging toward Gambien hurls a javelin with such power that the shaft passes right through his hide armor and sticks him deep in the stomach (D6). As the Goblin passes by, its wolf mount bites Gambien in the thigh (D3), staggering the big Half-Orc. Gambien ignores the pain and the blood running down his legs and brings his great sword around, cleaving the Goblin rider nearly in two (D16). Suddenly riderless, the wolf turns and leaps at Gambien, biting him in the thigh again (D3). The wolf tucks and runs behind the barbarian, bumping him in the back of the legs, but Gambien doesn’t go down. Instead, the barbarian swings at the wolf and misses. The wolf nips Gambien again on the buttocks (D1) and this only enrages the barbarian further. Gambien whirls and chops down at the wolf, taking its head off in a spray of gore! (D13)


The two Half-Orcs turn and look at each other and give each other a frenzied grin. Then they hear Halamar shout in dismay and turn to see the old warrior staggering with a black Goblin arrow in his back. Two of the guards are down and the third is doing the best he can against a wolf. And two more wolves are closing in on them for the kill. But where is the Goblin rider?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Aramil – down 3 hp, and trying to keep a wolf from ripping his throat out!

Bra’Kan – full hp

Bubbles – full hp and facing a wolf

Gambien – down 13 hp and still raging

Mirko – down 8 hp, raging, and facing a worg!


Others:
Six guards are dead.
Five wolves are dead.
Three Goblin riders are dead, including their ranger leader.

Whoowhee fellers! How's that for a first combat post? Please give me your comments in the OOC thread - any constructive suggestions are very much welcome. Hope I helped you "see" what was going on.

As you may have noticed, I tend to focus on one character at a time and post all of his actions, unless I can weave them in and out of the story with the other characters.

What I need from you is ACTIONS! Give me 2 or 3 more rounds (with contingencies!) and I'll roll up the next combat post either tonight or again tomorrow morning.
From the looks of things, I see this battle maybe lasting another six or eight rounds. It's fast and furious!
Hope you're having fun.

Axe High!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beliard battle map 2.JPG (79.3 KB, 7 views)
  #9  
Unread 3rd of July, 2006, 23:06
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Spotting the wolf tryiong to eat him and Mirko causing such devastation Bubbles presumes next to him would be a safe place to be and find refuge. Moving as quickly as possible he moves to his side opposite the following wolf.
"Help! A wolf is trying to eat me!
A wolf is trying to eat me!
I feel like a little piggy
Lets kill these wolves quick
Before I became bacon!"
OOC: Move action to get beside or close as possible to Mirko, fire arrow at chasing wolf. Move action to get to other side of Mirko if necessary then another arrow at any wolf not in melee combat. If none keep moving and trying to keep the wolves away.
  #10  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 01:17
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
the satisfaction of downing the leader dies rapidly as Mirko surveys the battlefield, the pain of his wounds part of the background noise he sees the huge beast charge him
Mirko move quicky closer to the CowBell’s wall, Next to Henry ready to receive the charge of the great wolf-beast head on with a blow of his great sword

"MOVE CLOSE TO THE BUILDING!!"
"YOU WONT BE SURROUNDED!!"

"ANY ARCHERS FIRE FROM THE BUILDING!!"

Mirko sees the guard surrounded and wishes to help him but the worg charging him it would he suicide, the guard is out side the defensible position, such are the realities of battle, he grinds hes teeth and follows trough with the best strategy he can think of

Actions: move action next to Henry/attack action the Worg, he will keep hacking at the worg until either he or the worg stop moving, then help the guards engaging the closest wolf or goblin

Quick combat stats

melee in rage
Great Sword (to hit+7,damage 2d6+9, 19-20/x2)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #11  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 03:37
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Bra'Kan takes a glance around to see where the arrow came from, and charges off towards The Welcome Knight in search of more blood. He spots the wolf over there are charges at him sweeping his orc overhead at him in one big sweep. In his bloodthirst he runs right past the goblin who had been riding the wolf, but once Bra'Kan brings down the wolf, he runs back at the goblin to show him the pain that is dealt by the most deadly half-orc in all of Beliard. After every kill, Bra'kan lets out a scream of primal fury, showing that he might have quite a bit more orc blood in him than his already orcish features show.

OOC: Rage!

Charge at wolf E of Stables using one end of axe to attack on charge
+9 to hit, 1d8+9, x3 crit

continue beating wolf +5/+5 1d8+6/1d8+3

charge at goblin when wolf is dead

run back over and help Gambien if goblin and wolf die, if nothing over there, run N towards the cow bell, and if nothing there run to help Amaril
  #12  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 04:48
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil uses his bow to get leverage on the wolf to shake him off. He quickly stands, dropping the bow to the ground and drawing his long sword. He taks the wolf down before picking back up his bow and firing upon the remaining wolf used as a mount.

OOC: Try to shake the wolf off. Stand up, dropping bow. Draw longsword. Attack wolf until its dead. Pick up bow. Fire at the remaining wolf being ridden.

Longsword +4 melee(d8+3, crit 19-20)
Longbow 30 or less feet: +6 (d8+1), 31-100 feet: +5 (d8), 101-200 feet: +4 (d8), 201-300 feet: +3 (d8).
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal

Last edited by generaljimX; 4th of July, 2006 at 06:11.
  #13  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 06:39
SuperC's Avatar
SuperC
Tiny Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member: #1602
Location: places unknown
Posts: 24 (0.01 per day)
Gambien pulls the javelin from his stomach and charges the goblin at corner of the building. After that he tries to take the wolf thats attacking the guard.



OOc: Melee greatsword +3 (2d6+8/crit 19-20) power attack for 1 .
  #14  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 10:22
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Battle Quick Post 2 - Battle Sounds (2/3 complete)

Order of Initiative:
Mirko (26); Aramil/worg (19); Halamar (17); Goblins (14); Ahber (13); Guards/Farmers (10); Henry/Bra’kan (8); Bubbles (7); Wolves (5); and Gambien (4)

The satisfaction of downing the leader dies rapidly as Mirko surveys the battlefield. Through the pain in his wounds, Mirko sees the guard that is surrounded, the wounded and dying, and the huge beast that is charging him. He moves quickly toward the outside wall of The Cow Bell, next to Henry and readies to take the great wolf-beast head on with his great sword. "MOVE CLOSE TO THE BUILDING AND YOU WONT BE SURROUNDED!!" he yells, wishing he could help the guard. But with the worg charging him it would be suicide. The guard is outside the defensible position; such are the realities of battle.
Spotting the wolf trying to eat him and Mirko causing such devastation, Bubbles presumes next to him would be a safe place to be and find refuge. Moving as quickly as possible the Gnome rushes to the barbarian’s side. Henry suddenly spies the outnumbered guard and charges toward him. And as the wolves close in, Bubbles finds his voice:

"Help! A wolf is trying to eat me!
A wolf is trying to eat me!
I feel like a little piggy
Lets kill these wolves quick
Before I became bacon!"


"ANY ARCHERS FIRE FROM THE BUILDING!!" Mirko manages to say over the Gnome’s terrible singing, grinding his teeth…and then the huge worg is upon him!
With a grunt of brute strength, Mirko steps out from the building and slashes at the worg as it leaps at him, cutting a deep bloody swath through its fur and knocking it down (D21). The worg screams in agony and then lunges at the barbarian and bites him in the shoulder, ripping through flesh and bone! (D7) And then it’s Mirko’s turn to scream.

As Mirko battles for his life, Bubbles fires an arrow at the wolf chasing him…and Tymora smiles on him for the arrow flies true and strikes the wolf in the eye! (C12) The wolf drops like a stone and Bubbles grins like a cat in a hen house and nocks another arrow. He looks up to see Henry skewer one of the wolves attacking the guard; the Goblin rider lies motionless in the grass and another wolf is “worrying” the guard’s face and throat.

Mirko, running on rage alone, his lungs burning and his legs wobbly, staggers as he lifts his great sword and roars a battle cry that shakes the rafters of the Cow Bell. The worg roars too and they lunge at one another, fighting to the death. But Mirko is swifter and the great sword sings through the air as he drives it through the worg’s chest and out its back! (D16) Mirko falls on top of the dying worg but then manages to push himself to his knees…and the sounds of the battle roar in his ears.
Somewhere off to his left he hears a wolf yelp in pain and a guard cry out. He thinks he hears Ahber shouting too and the sizzle of magical missiles.
Closer, he hears the twang of a bowstring and Bubbles excited cry of satisfaction as the Gnome drills another wolf that is trying to kill one of the guards. Then he hears, “The Lady preserve us! We’ve won the day!”
“Not in the fields!” Bubbles says, pointing to where Aramil is fighting for his life.

Spittle from the slavering wolf drips in Aramil’s face as the ranger tries his best to keep clear of the wolf’s fangs. “Not…today…beast!” Aramil growls, garnering his strength. Using his bow for leverage, Aramil knees the wolf in the ribs and rolls out from under the beast. The sound of steel clearing leather rings through the hills and Aramil barely has time to get a good grip on his blade before the wolf lunges for his throat. The ranger sets himself and spears the wolf in the chest, driving the longsword completely through the beast (D12). When the wolf hits the ground, Aramil frees his sword, sheathes it and picks up his bow. He looks up to see the ranchers holding their own for the most part. One of them is down as are most of the wolves.
At the far end of the fields, the Goblin rider and a second wolf are driving six cows into the woods. Aramil takes a deep breath as he nocks an arrow and takes aim. He lets out his breath about half-way and fires. At almost 100 yards, the shaft strikes the Goblin in the back, but doesn’t dislodge it from its wolf mount (D3).
Aramil grunts in disappointment and then turns back to survey the town.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Aramil – down 3 hp
Bubbles - full hp
Mirko – down 15 hp – technically he’s at “0” but he has 2 additional hp from raging; according to my calculations, he has two rounds remaining to Rage.

OOC: Since Bel is so ansy, here is 2/3 of the battle post.
Stay tuned for Bra'Kan and Gambien.
No actions yet, please.
-g-
  #15  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 11:20
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Battle Sounds (final part)

Battle Quick Post 2 - Battle Sounds (final part)

Seeing the wounded Halamar, Bra'Kan glances around to see where the arrow came from, and charges off toward The Welcome Knight in search of more blood. Almost immediately he spots a wolf over to his left and charges at it, sweeping his double Orc axe overhead. The wolf springs to meet him and instead meets one end of the axe which splits its skull and cleaves it nearly in half! (C33 - holy shit !)
The barbarian roars in victory as suddenly another wolf leaps from its hiding place and bites him on the thigh (D2). Bra’Kan wheels and the wolf runs under his legs, trying to trip him. Bra’Kan doesn’t fall, but instead brings his axe around in an upward arc, smashing the wolf in the ribs and flinging it against a tree (D15).
Bra’Kan throws back his head and roars again in primal fury; surely no one would doubt that he is the most deadly Half-Orc in all of Beliard. But just in case, he goes looking for the Goblin rider.

Spying the Goblin moving toward the stable doors, Gambien pulls the javelin from his stomach and charges! The Goblin sees the barbarian barreling toward him and quickly fires an arrow at him. A tree gets in the way of the shaft and the Goblin barely has time to drop its bow before Gambien is upon it. The great sword sings and the blade cuts down the Goblin like it is nothing more than a small sapling. (D14)
Gambien turns toward the guard and the wolf just in time to see the man, who is bleeding from a deep bite to his forearm, slay the beast with a thrust of his sword. Gambien nods at the guard and the man gives him a weak smile.
“Did we win the day? Are they all dead?” he asks.
Gambien nods again and then whirls around as Bra’Kan comes hurrying around the corner of the stables.
“I’m heading toward the Cow Bell to see if they need my help,” he says, taking off through the trees.

With no more immediate foes, Gambien feels the rage subsiding. He takes a deep breath, his limbs exhausted, and then flinches as five stable boys rush from their hiding places to the side of their master. Halamar welcomes them with a smile and several pats on the back, as they help the old warrior to his feet and begin leading him through the trees toward the center of the village.


Stats:

Aramil – down 3 hp

Bra’Kan – down 2 hp

Bubbles – full hp

Gambien – down 13 hp

Mirko – down 15 hp – technically he’s at “0” but he has 2 additional hp from raging; according to my calculations, he has two rounds remaining to Rage, after which he’ll pass out.


Others:
Seven guards are dead.
Sixteen wolves are dead.
Five Goblin riders are dead, including their ranger leader.

OOC: There you go fellers! Six rounds (roughly) in about 45 seconds! Whoowhee! That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh!

Now...whatcha gonna do? Post your next actions - be as specific as possible. There are no more critters to kill but there are lots of dead ones, plus the guards, the townsfolks, etc.
Time for a little roleplaying! Give me yer best.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beliard battle map 3.JPG (79.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by hedgeknight; 4th of July, 2006 at 11:21. Reason: Forgot the map!
  #16  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 12:09
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko scans the edge of the forest when he knows there’s no second wave coming the urgency of battle residing he relaxes, bringing the tip of his blade to the ground and using it to help himself ease down on the grass, he uses the body of the Wolf-beast to rest his back against it,
looks at his mangled body and tries to put his wounds back together, at least where he thinks things should go

tries to catch his breath
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #17  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 12:17
SuperC's Avatar
SuperC
Tiny Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member: #1602
Location: places unknown
Posts: 24 (0.01 per day)
Gambien searches every wolf and goblin that is around the stables so that he can prosper for himself,while he's there at the stables he cleaves all the goblins and wolves heads of and ties the ones he can to his belt (OOc: Which is all the ones with long hair just to be clear ok).After all of this I
slink toward the cow bell to drink and have fun. In any way possible.

Last edited by SuperC; 4th of July, 2006 at 12:19.
  #18  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 12:25
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil is glad it is over, and that it ended quickly. He rubs his side while walking to find any arrows that may still be good. He isn't stupid, and stays close to the town. He then moves off toward the Cow Bell to finish the conversation he was having. If the man he was speaking with is still alive.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #19  
Unread 4th of July, 2006, 22:50
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Upon hearing the declaration “The Lady preserve us! We’ve won the day!" Bubbles is ecstatic. He drops his bow and starts patting himself down, as if to check if all his body parts are still attached. Lastly he checks his groin, "Whew!" Looking around to the group that didn't fair as well as he, a small feeling of guilt comes upon him. Sheathing his weapon he moves towards the closest dying guard/farmer, rips off the sleeve of his shirt and applies a rough tourniquet in an attempt to save his life. "C'mon man, don't die on me. Its not your time. Come back away from the light, follow my voice!" Bubbles screeches while tending the man. Looking up to the nearest person "How did we do at the stables and fields?"

OOC: I can make heal checks untrained, right? Can't check the books, about to leave for the day's celebrations. I will try to save as many guys as I can.

Last edited by akiko; 4th of July, 2006 at 22:52.
  #20  
Unread 5th of July, 2006, 01:56
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR" "The little wolvies and their skinny goblin riders are DEAD! HA HA" He goes among the celebration at the cow bell and shows off his bloody axe, proving his prowess among the folk of Beliard. His axe still has remaining blood on it, and Bra'kan just lets it sit there and stain away, keeping his blade bloody for the next foe to know that it will be a dangerous thought to try attack him again. "PARTY! Bra'kan the wolf slayer is here."
  #21  
Unread 5th of July, 2006, 04:30
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 3

Quick Post 3 – Cleaning Up

Scanning the edge of the forest and seeing no second wave coming, the urgency of battle resides and Mirko relaxes. Exhausted and on the verge of passing out, he digs the tip of his blade in the bloody grass and uses it to help ease himself down to the ground. He leans back against the still warm body of the wolf-beast and takes a good look at his own mangled body. He pokes around the wounds, trying to put the flesh back together. The Rage finally gone, he gasps in pain at every poke and finally gives up. Fireflies come out to play among the trees and he watches them for a bit, thinking back on how he used to chase them as a kid.
“Long…time…ago,” he murmurs, closing his eyes, planning to catch his breath a bit before checking on the others.

Upon hearing the declaration “The Lady preserve us! We’ve won the day!" Bubbles is ecstatic. He drops his bow and starts patting himself down as if to check that all his body parts are still attached. Lastly he checks his groin, "Whew!" Looking around to the group that didn't fair as well as he, a small feeling of guilt comes upon him. Sheathing his weapon he moves towards the closest dying guard, rips off the sleeve of his shirt and applies a rough tourniquet in an attempt to save the young man’s life. "C'mon man, don't die on me. It’s not your time. Come back away from the light, follow my voice!" Bubbles screeches while tending the man. He checks for a pulse, but finds none on the young guard who is staring up at the night sky with unblinking eyes. Bubbles gently closes the guard’s eyes and looks up to see Henry limping toward him. "How did we do at the stables and fields?" he asks. The owner of the Cow Bell squints in the encroaching darkness, peering toward the fields. “Looks like they are headed back. And they are carrying someone, can’t tell who. Don’t know ‘bout the stables.”
“Me thinks they saved the horses,” comes a thick-accented voice. Ahber Milshoun steps around the corner of the building along with one of his guards. “We’ve routed or killed all of the wolves it seems and the stinking Goblins too! Ptah!” The merchant from Calimsham turns and spits on the ground and then sees the worg and the man lying against it. Ahber quickly checks him for signs of life and grunts with approval. “We need to get this one to Brother William – seems he’s barely holding his own.”
He turns to his guard and says, “Go get Steele and Jason and help carry this man to Brother William’s place. Hurry now!”

"ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR"
At the deafening sound, Bubbles jumps up and grabs his bow and Henry nearly collapses, falling against the side of his building. Ahber points his fist at the large figure that suddenly appears out of the darkness, but checks his thoughts when he recognizes one of the Half-Orcs who was drinking in the Cow Bell earlier.
“The little wolvies and their skinny goblin riders are DEAD! HA! HA!" Bra’Kan laughs. “Look at my axe! See the blood?”
“Yes, we see it, you doorknob!” Henry growls, catching his breath and pushing himself off the wall. “Where are the others?”
“Did you fight at the stables?” Bubbles asks.
“I did!” Bra’Kan says, rather loudly. “And I crushed every foe that faced me! Ha!”
Ahber lays a hand on the burly barbarian and says, “I can see that you are a man of great strength, yes? Therefore, you would be perfect to help us clear the dead from the grounds around this good town, yes?”

Back at the stables, Gambien searches every wolf and Goblin that is lying around. The wolves offer him very little – even their pelts are pretty much useless after the way he and the other barbarian killed them. On each of the two Goblin riders, however, Gambien finds some small javelins, a shortsword, and five silver pieces (10 total). And on each of their leather jerkins is a patch bearing a crude symbol – that of a bloody clawed hand. (See attached pic)
Pocketing all of his “treasure”, Gambien methodically cleaves the heads off the two Goblins and ties the gory trophies to his belt with their long greasy hair. Two of the stablehands return to check on the horses and give the Half-Orc a wide berth, their eyes as big as saucers. He ignores them and slinks away toward The Cow Bell to have a drink and some fun…in any way possible.

Aramil is glad it is over, and that it ended quickly. He rubs his side while walking to find any arrows that may still be good. (OOC: He finds two that may need some new fletching but are still good to use.) He isn't stupid, and stays close to the town. Watching the ranchers lament over the death of one of their own bothered him a little. As he watches them bear the dead man back toward town, he sees that a guard and two young boys are headed toward him. “Well met!” the guard says. “Looks like you fellers did a good job up here.”
Aramil nods but says nothing; the two boys are staring at him openly, no doubt the first Elf they’ve seen. “Shame about Ramsey – he was a good man.”
“Ramsey?” Aramil asks, ignoring the boys.
“Skip Ramsey – the dead man the other were carrying off. He was a good man and a damn good cattle man too! His wife and his two girls…” the guard pauses and sighs “…well, they are gonna be devastated, the Lady knows.”
“Why are you out here?” Aramil asks, growing a little impatient and eager to head back toward the Cow Bell to finish the conversation he was having. If the man he was speaking with is still alive.
The guard clears his throat and takes on an air of one being told what to do. “Sir, we came out to remove the dead wolves and Goblins from the field. The cows won’t rest with the scent of blood in the air. Plus, the carcasses may attract other beasts that may turn on the cattle as well. We…er…sure could use your help, sir, that is, if you’re willing.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Status:
Aramil – down 3 hp and talking to a guard and two boys - will he help them? Then what will he do?

Bra’Kan – down 2 hp and ready to PARTY! But first...will he help Ahber's men clean up the town? Then what?

Bubbles – full hp - just outside the Cow Bell - what does he do now?

Gambien – down 13 hp - hurting bad and needing a drink. Got some trophies and treasure - what's he gonna do when he gets to the Cow Bell?

Mirko – down 15 hp – he's at "0" - not dead, just unconscious; he's being carried to Brother William's place. Post as if Mirko has just awakened in a strange place with a young priest sitting beside him, his hand on Mirko's chest.


Others:
Seven guards are dead.
Sixteen wolves are dead.
Five Goblin riders are dead, including their ranger leader.

Talk to me fellers!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malar_symbol.jpg (12.8 KB, 4 views)
  #22  
Unread 5th of July, 2006, 07:30
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil lets out an agitated sigh before speaking. "I suppose I could help. After all, I did make some of them dead. Might I suggest we get the ones farther out first so as not to attract anything from the woods?" Aramil then goes about his "work", keeping his ears open for any new threat.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #23  
Unread 5th of July, 2006, 09:58
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Bra'kan groans loudly, the thought of having to clean up. This is the time of celebration, then clean up. Humans have it all mixed up.

"I help you clean, only for free ale" "I want all the free ale I can get tonight, and this place will be ready for a true party, for the might Bra'kan is among you peoples. He will show you what a true party is like"
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #24  
Unread 5th of July, 2006, 22:34
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,867 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 4

Quick Post 4 - To the Victors...

Aramil and Bra'Kan help "clean up" the bodies of the wolves and Goblins, dragging them to a sink hole just on the outskirts of the village. Before dumping the bodies in the sink hole, they search the Goblins and on each one they find:
5 silver pieces, some javelins and shortswords; and on the Goblin leader, they find 10 silver pieces, two javelins, a shortsword, a nicely crafted knife (looks to be made of pure silver), and a large bear's tooth hanging on a leather necklace.
And just like the Goblins that Gambien searched, these also have a patch bearing the strange bloody claw symbol.

The guards helping with "clean up" detail, pour a small barrel of oil all over the dead wolves and Goblins and set them afire. A ragged cheer goes up from the townsfolk as the beasts burn and they watch for several minutes, until the fire begins to die down. Then, a most welcome sound reaches your ears - the ringing of a bell. Turning, you see Henry Rudd standing on the stoop of the Cow Bell, ringing a large golden bell for which the tavern is named.
"PARTY!" Bra'Kan cries and takes off for the tavern, his blood-encrusted axe held high. The rest of you follow and once inside the tavern, you are surprised to see a priestly looking young man helping a bone-weary Mirko to a bench near the bar.
As the rest of you come inside, the good folk of the town press foaming mugs of ale and hard cider into your hands, toasting your health and the gods for sending you to help save their little village.
Blasko Halamar is there despite his injuries as is Ahber Milshoun who is already slightly inebriated and talking quite loudly, boasting of the bravery of his men...and just a little bit about himself.
Henry works behind the bar along with a couple of girls from the town who are about run ragged with all of the requests for drinks.
Aramil sips his drink and nods at all of the thanks offered by the townsfolk, while searching for the man he was talking to before the attack. And he finds the white-haired fellow leaning against the bar drinking a mug of hard cider and smoking a curled pipe. The man waves Aramil over and clasps him on the shoulder. "Glad to see you didn't get killed," the man says, his grin showing teeth capped with gold. He takes a sip of cider and says, "Now...you were saying?"

Spoils:
40 silver (from ALL of the Goblins)
7 shortswords
15 javelins
nicely crafted knife
a bear's tooth on a leather necklace
7 patches with the bloody claw symbol

Actions?
  #25  
Unread 6th of July, 2006, 06:39
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Figuring he could be of some help in the cleaning crew, but being rather lazy, Bubbles wanders over to help. When handed a broom he laments about utilizing such an archaic device, hums a few bars (OUCH!) and makes some obscene gestures over himself. He then sets about the area pointing at things and watching them become clean in a matter of seconds. On occasion he changes the color of the ground/grass or any other item he sees to a color more suitable to him. Pinks and light greens are pretty suitable to him. While cleaning he makes his way to the goblin items and figuring himself to be just the right size he scoops up the dagger, a javelin, a shortsword and changes the color of all the patches.
OOC: Cast Prestidigitation, duration: 1 hour
__________________
mmmm... brains... or seed.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren