Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Unread 17th of October, 2006, 06:58
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
as soon as day breaks Belkregos will go to look for the best quality great sword he can find and some kind of silver weapon, before he leaves he’ll knock to see if any of his companions wants to go with him
he’ll be back early to meet the rest of the group when the horses and carts arrive

Last edited by Belkregos; 17th of October, 2006 at 07:03.
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 01:32
Harith
Vampire Spawn

Member: #799
Harith goes along with Belkregos, looking for silver-tipped arrows, and a silvered melee weapon as well -- a scimitar if possible.

"O, that only silver would pierce our skin, eh, Belk? I suppose silver and gold do pierce our hearts a certain way, don't they? Why else would we willingly go to fight a demon on behalf of a sorceror we just met last night?"

Last edited by Harith; 18th of October, 2006 at 02:07.
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 03:09
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Chapter 6: Shadizar and Beyond

Here is where the adventures for the following morning will take place.
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 07:23
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
Waking next to the lovely woman he had spent some of his money on Bragi sighs. "Well mi'lady I'm to be off, death waits for me no longer and it's time to fight my demons. I either die or live to become the uniter of the tribes," and with that he puts his clothes back on and heads out to find his companions. His pockets feeling lighter he sees his large dog Raxxor coming near him, "Have a good night my friend?" he says to the dog patting him on the head. Pulling a slab of meat from his pack he gives it to the animal who eats it ferverantly."Wouldn't forget to bring you old friend," he says to his dog.

Bragi tries to locate Darius first and when he finds him he says, "Well friend, let's find our other companions to kill us some demons!" giving him a warm hearted smile. Bragi also keeps a look out for any Silver Arming Swords and also for a Hunting Bow with Silver Arrows.
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 08:23
chalice
Gravecrawler

Member: #883
Sadiq is to be found huddled outside the inn, wrapped in layers against the dawn chill. He carries a small bundle of belongings, and no visible sword. His expression is an open mix of excitement and trepidation.

He tags quietly along with Belkregos and Harith if allowed.
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 08:58
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
wouldn’t have guessed you for a poet Harith, but I guess you are right, I don’t think we’ll find any demon though, probably someone in a costume just like this Thalos with a mask, pfff.. come on, he just puts on a good show
still, better get some silver just in case, we can sell it back if we don’t need it anyway

as they wait downstairs for Sekmet, Belkregos sees the Sadiq on the street through the window, signals him inside

come on in boy,
he hands him the purse with gold he was holding for him,

we all bleed the same, equal shares for each
best get some good armor and weapon with this gold Sadiq
Unread 18th of October, 2006, 10:49
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Freya awakens and cleans up enjoying the comfort of the very fine inn that she found. She dons her chain and her baldric and packs her saddlebag and puts her horned helm on.

She smiles at Sadiq and says, "Will help you find something good boy."

She meets Belkregos, Harith and company down in the common room and enjoys a quick breakfast before going with them out into Shadizar's busy streets. "Have a good night?"

Many merchants have wares to sell from slaves to weapons of all shape, varieties and styles. Finding a silver crafted weapon though takes some time and effort as the city is huge and the Craftsman District or the Maul might be your better choices.

[ooc: Sadiq do you try to find Brocas?]
Unread 19th of October, 2006, 07:55
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
Darius chuckles at the big man's brazeness. "Hopefully we won't run into any," the mercenary says. "Men of of flesh and blood can be dangerous enough and I'd like to live long enough to spend my pay."
Unread 19th of October, 2006, 14:14
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
"Well experience in battle comes at a price on us all you know." Bragi smiles wide. He had no real fear at the moment, maybe it was the hang-over, maybe it was the light feel of his empty money pouch lost to some whore but he just couldn't get any fear, real fear, into his body. Normally he'd be a sullen rot over this mess, maybe petting Raxxor a little but not socializing. Never socializing.

Maybe that was Bragi's problem, he couldn't be a great leader of men, uniting two broken and hated tribes of his family, if he couldn't speak like a real man and show no fear like the ancient founders of the tribes. He remembered as a boy hearing stories of those legendary leaders, those men who founded the first tribe. The united tribe, not Aesir or Vanir, but one tribe of the northmen. He knew not at this time the name they called it, maybe it was his age or the ale that kept him from it, but he knew if he had to die trying he would to get the tribes to call themselves the one united tribe once again. That tribe of unity and peace, focusing not on war on each other but destroying the mutual enemies of both.

That was his dream.

"So, are the rest of the people? I seemed to have...lost," Bragi said pausing in embaressment of his clumsyness, "My lunas, lost to a thieves purse. The city of the wicked indeed, but easy come, easy go I guess. I'll just need to be less careless with my hard earned demon skin cloak, eh Darius?"
Unread 19th of October, 2006, 16:44
Harith
Vampire Spawn

Originally Posted by Belkregos wouldn’t have guessed you for a poet Harith, but I guess you are right, I don’t think we’ll find any demon though, probably someone in a costume just like this Thalos with a mask, pfff.. come on, he just puts on a good show
still, better get some silver just in case, we can sell it back if we don’t need it anyway
"Fate's hand inspires us all, some to high acts of chivalry, others to baser things as theft and whoring. The first man I killed is one of the men who raided my village. Now I go to kill for money. I'll feel better about my soul if it is a demon. If 'tis but a man, I reckon I'll go to hell like the rest of you lot!"

Harith claps Belkregos on the back and laughs heartily.

"Let's go. If today is truly our day to die, silver won't protect us. But let's see what we can do about taking the last breath of this demon -- or whatever, or whomever, it may be."
Unread 19th of October, 2006, 16:48
Harith
Vampire Spawn

Originally Posted by chalice He tags quietly along with Belkregos and Harith if allowed.
"Come, boy. Have you ever held a bow such as this? See here, the fine Shemitish craft. You'll find no finer bowyers in all the land." Harith hands his bow to Sadiq if he's interested. "It takes some practice, though. You might be better suited to something smaller."

Harith takes back the bow. "Have you a sling, at least? Anything you can use at distance?"
Unread 19th of October, 2006, 22:21
chalice
Gravecrawler

"I've never trained with a bow." Sadiq handles the bow carefully before giving it back. "But I bet I could learn! I...have throwing knives, too."

He seems to be struck with an idea. "I can take us to a smith who might be able to help with weapons." He smiles eagerly up at Belkregos "I'd really like to find a sword!"

[ooc: yes, he'll lead them to Brocas if they are agreeable]
Unread 20th of October, 2006, 22:53
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by chalice He seems to be struck with an idea. "I can take us to a smith who might be able to help with weapons." He smiles eagerly up at Belkregos "I'd really like to find a sword!"
"Nothing like good steel.", Freya grins as Harith shows off his bow to Sadiq. She pats her warsword in its baldric sheath, the pommel and hilt are beautifully carved and inlaid with gems and gold. Looks like its a weapon of some quality.

Assuming no one disagrees, the companions travel deeper into Shadizar, Sadiq thinks about the evening spent with the great smith and decides to lead them to his shop/home. After a bit of walk through the crowded and bustling morning streets you arrive at a great shop in the craftsman district.

This shop has weapons of all kinds hanging on hooks and on displays throughout the shop. There is a well kept forge with hammer/anvil and a very big muscled man dabbing his forehead with a towel. He wears forging gloves and a protective apron over his bare chest and form fitted pants.

He looks up at everyone and says in a very distinct Aquilionian accent, "Greetings and good day lords and lady! Welcome to the finest smithy in all of Shadizar!"

Sadiq secretly feels "her" body just tremble in excitement at seeing him.
Unread 21st of October, 2006, 07:43
Darius

Darius laughs at Bragi. "Well, when you go to sleep with a whore from the City of Wickedness be glad that all she took was your coin."

The mercenary pats the northerner good naturedly on the back as they head toward the market. "Hopefully, we will meet the others there."
Unread 21st of October, 2006, 22:42
chalice
Gravecrawler

Sdiq/Sadira tries hard to keep his telltale green eyes fixed firmly on either the floor or the weapons on display. She can't help, though, watching Brocas from beneath her lashes, just occasionally.

Looking to Freya and the others, he asks earnestly, "What sort of sword do you advise, to begin learning with?"
Unread 23rd of October, 2006, 23:56
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1076
Sekmet would also accompany the warriors on their quest for silver items/weapons, in case he can find something of use.
Unread 24th of October, 2006, 03:07
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Darius The mercenary pats the northerner good naturedly on the back as they head toward the market. "Hopefully, we will meet the others there."
Bragi and Darius wander the streets of Shadizar and eventually run into their companions as they head into the Craftsman District.
Unread 24th of October, 2006, 03:12
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by chalice Looking to Freya and the others, he asks earnestly, "What sort of sword do you advise, to begin learning with?"
Brocas smiles broadly to everyone and stops working on a weapon as he pulls off his gloves, and sips some water from a huge barrel nearby.

"Come, surely my wares are worth seeing! I can forge you an item too if you need something?"

Freya smiles at Sadiq and says, "Probably for one of your stature a short or arming sword would be good to start with."

She begins looking over the vast assortment of swords that Brocas has in his smithy/armory.

Freya also notices your demeanor and says softly, "Now why are you looking at the floor, you need to come look at these blades and find one you like."
Unread 24th of October, 2006, 03:13
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by slaughterj Sekmet would also accompany the warriors on their quest for silver items/weapons, in case he can find something of use.
The vast array of items in Brocas's shop all look finely crafted, some do have silver and gold inlay and gems and other precious things. He appears to have a huge battle axe hanging near his forge, probably a personal item of his own, its got some fine detail to it as well.
Unread 24th of October, 2006, 03:23
Harith
Vampire Spawn

Harith will ask Brocas about silver-tipped arrows, and a silvered scimitar.
Unread 24th of October, 2006, 04:54
chalice
Gravecrawler

At Freya's words, Sadiq moves over to the smith and asks quietly "Have you a sword to suit my size, good smith? I should be interested in a silver knife, too, if you had such?"
Unread 26th of October, 2006, 00:12
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1076
Sekmet will inquire of the smith, "what is your price for silver-tipped arrows, 10 in number, and a silver edged dagger?"
Unread 26th of October, 2006, 12:26
Darius

"So did you all have as momentous and impecunious a night as good friend Bragi here?" Darius inquires of his companions as they browse the shops.
Unread 26th of October, 2006, 22:19
chalice
Gravecrawler

For some reason, this innocent question of Darius' causes Sadiq to blush and stare at the ground again.
Unread 27th of October, 2006, 11:45
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Harith Harith will ask Brocas about silver-tipped arrows, and a silvered scimitar.
"Silver edged and tipped items? Yes, m'lord, I have a few, and could make some if desired. What sort of bow you using with the arrows?", he looks you over and smiles warmly.