Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > Scales of War

Reply
Thread Tools
  #876  
Unread 31st of March, 2011, 11:45
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.76 per day)
Taraka could probably carry him by himself too, if it comes to that.
Reply With Quote
  #877  
Unread 31st of March, 2011, 12:04
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.66 per day)
Ril could keep an eye on the Kieran while the others take care of Adronsius.

Also maybe get stabbed a couple times.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #878  
Unread 1st of April, 2011, 01:26
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Adronsius weighs about 200 lbs (give or take) so anyone who tried to carry him by themselves would be at a heavy load and some would be into drag weight (once your own gear is accounted for). For each additional person who helps, that load is divided up amongst them to a maximum of four people. I will assume you guys make a sling out of a bedroll (you lack long enough poles to make a stretcher), thus easing the ride for Adronsius and allowing upto 4 people to help. The group headed to the surface would be speed limited by the slowest character (not counting Adronsius) and anyone who is carrying a heavy load is slowed (speed 2).

So who's going out and who's staying?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #879  
Unread 1st of April, 2011, 03:45
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.66 per day)
Ok assuming we want to keep this as a normal load, and also assuming that carry loads are now just strx10 (which they seem to be?), the weight people can afford (light-gear) is
Lorien: 60 lb
Karon: 115 lb
Ieza: 60 lb? (assuming 40 lb of gear)
Taraka: 150 or something (assuming 50 lb also jeez Taraka's strong)
Ril: 65 lb

Lot of assuming going on but pretty much any three will allow us to go at a normal speed.
We could have Karon go, which would be a good excuse to get him out of the picture by leaving him with Adronsius and Sertanien (can't spell), as a guard.
After that, perhaps Ieza and Taraka go, and Ril and Lorien stay?
I'm actually sort of interested in just taking over Lorien as "Ril's buddy" anyway.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #880  
Unread 1st of April, 2011, 04:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Normal load is Str x 10
Heavy load is Str x 20
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #881  
Unread 1st of April, 2011, 04:12
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.66 per day)
Then I think everything I wrote is right.

Or at least that Karon+Taraka or any three can manage it.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Unread 1st of April, 2011, 15:22
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Yeah ok. Karon+Taraka+maybe Ieza sounds fine.
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Unread 2nd of April, 2011, 00:54
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.76 per day)
Thirded.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Unread 2nd of April, 2011, 01:40
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Okay, so Karon and Taraka are headed for the surface with Adronsius, where Karon will remain behind as part of the rear guard. Ril and Lorien will stay in the entry chamber to keep an eye on the Kieran.

What about Ieza, which way is she going?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Unread 2nd of April, 2011, 03:30
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Ieza will stay downstairs.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Unread 5th of April, 2011, 10:32
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
It's not clear to me which you're going to do. Are you going to try and follow Adronsius' directions or follow the Kieran?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Unread 5th of April, 2011, 15:03
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
It's not usually clear to us what we're doing either.

Mushrooms or ogres guys? I'm liking the mushrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Unread 11th of April, 2011, 16:57
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Mushrooms.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Unread 11th of April, 2011, 17:23
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.66 per day)
sHrOoMs?

Yeah sure.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Unread 11th of April, 2011, 23:58
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
Well, lacking any objections then, I'll post something that heads you in that direction later today.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Unread 12th of April, 2011, 13:44
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Questions: triangle squares are difficult terrain due to lots of mushrooms? Is the whole area generally mushroom-strewn, or just certain squares? Can we move through the rubble not marked with triangles without penalty? And are the doors on the right the only ones we see?

Crappy rolls for Ieza, anyone else want to try perception/knowledge?
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Unread 12th of April, 2011, 23:37
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
There are mushrooms and debris all over the floor, but the triangle squares are the only ones where they are dense enough to effect movement. Unmarked squares can be moved through at normal speed.

If you want to avoid disturbing any mushrooms in the unmarked squares, you need only make a DC 10 Dungeoneering or Acrobatics check before entering the square. You must disturb mushrooms to enter a marked square, but if you have identified the mushrooms in that square (Perception DC based on distance to square and DC 15 Dungeoneering) you can then make a DC 15 Dungeoneering or Acrobatics check to avoid disturbing them in a way which would cause an adverse reaction.

The doors on the right are the only ones you can see. Once Ieza steps to the threshold of the doors, she can also see two holes in the ceiling, one in each corner on the left side of the room. The holes are about 10' x 10'.

Finally, is Ieza doing a general scan of the whole room (in which case she can't try to identify any mushrooms) or a close study of a particular square (in which case she can try identify the mushrooms in that square)? If a close study, which square is she studying and where is she standing (as that determines the Perception DC)?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 01:09
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Ieza is standing in the threshold, and doing a general scan of the room.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 08:21
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
In checking on some stuff about the spirit companion, I noticed that there has been some relatively recent errata (September of 2010) to the Call Spirit Companion Power. It now has a Requirement entry which states that the companion must not be present. This means it's no longer possible to use a minor action to effectively "teleport" the companion anywhere within the 20' burst range. You have to either move it (as part of your move action), in which case the movement is limited to your speed, or you must spend 2 minor actions, one to dismiss it and one to summon it in the new square.

This makes absolutely zero difference at the moment because we're out of combat, but I wanted to give you (LeadPal, primarily) the heads up right away rather than waiting to spring it on you when it became important.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 09:06
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.76 per day)
Originally Posted by Black Plauge # You have to either move it (as part of your move action), in which case the movement is limited to your speed, or you must spend 2 minor actions, one to dismiss it and one to summon it in the new square
Why on earth would anyone choose option one, then?
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 11:15
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.18 per day)
It requires fewer actions. Option one is exactly like how Taraka and Corbin work together when it comes to movement.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 11:29
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.76 per day)
Oh, I misunderstood when you said it was limited to "your movement." I thought you meant the way we were initially playing Taraka and Corbin, rather than the right way.

Makes more sense now.
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Unread 13th of April, 2011, 15:47
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Free teleports were pretty excessive anyways.

It's gonna suck to level Ieza without the character builder. Maybe I'll borrow access from a friend long enough to write up a comprehensive 1-30 plan. I'm worried it'll still be obsoleted by more errata, though.
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Unread 20th of April, 2011, 03:09
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Ieza's plan is go?
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Unread 27th of April, 2011, 17:13
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Indeed!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren