Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > Marvel: Los Angeles

Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 04:56
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
What? O.o I've been working on my other games too, y'know.
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 05:03
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
But... *sniff* We were first!
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 05:14
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

I know, and you're my favourite game still, so don't worry. But I couldn't post until Igneous had gotten something up; now that he has, I can get my post up.

And yes, Cat, Regeneration happens at the end of the Page (end of the Play Cycle) for everyone who had completed a Panel (Panels that last beyond the extent of the Page don't count).
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 09:01
Pantherine
Ghoul

Member: #8215
“ Originally Posted by Krypton # to clarify, that's not a "going in for the kiss" chin bump. That's a "Keep your head up, you're a superhero" chin bump. ”
Close enough

“ Originally Posted by Ergonomic Cat # 3 demerits. ”
Crap. I have how many left until facing public execution?

“ Originally Posted by Krypton # But... *sniff* We were first! ”
We are also by far the cutest!
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 18:25
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

No need to fear, folks: Marvel is my first, and my smoothest running game thus far, and it's certainly the one I'm enjoying the most. The others are awesome, but you can't beat superhero-action-pounding-stuffs. Especially when it's brought to you by Orange.

Addendum: Also, the new themesong for the game -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtCquBppTc Opinions? I ask this because, when people take an interest in the game, I usually like to send them a summary of what's going on, and also offer up inspirational music to get them in the mood. Crazy antic, I know, but yeah.

Further Addendum: Igneous, just saw that one of the Options for your power is that it can only target a single individual. Therefore, in the interest of balance and keeping to your power's layout, I'm going to say that all future attacks involving Mastery of Element has to be targetted against a single individual. If you split Close Combat between two foes, you can't make use of the raised ceiling limit offered by MoE.

Sound good? Or am I missing some additional rule that makes the above declaration absolute rubbish? O.o I ask because... y'know... >_>

Last edited by Shakespeare; 23rd of August, 2010 at 19:20.
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 22:05
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Much better than a Nickelback song, this one...

I like it a lot on its own, too.
Unread 23rd of August, 2010, 23:10
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
“ Originally Posted by Shakespeare # Further Addendum: Igneous, just saw that one of the Options for your power is that it can only target a single individual. Therefore, in the interest of balance and keeping to your power's layout, I'm going to say that all future attacks involving Mastery of Element has to be targetted against a single individual. If you split Close Combat between two foes, you can't make use of the raised ceiling limit offered by MoE.

Sound good? Or am I missing some additional rule that makes the above declaration absolute rubbish? O.o I ask because... y'know... >_>
”
That works for me. I had thought about it in terms of the ranged, but that makes a lot of sense, and puts it as a better balance.

I didn't actually go over my CC + Str in the last post, so just assume the MoE piece is flavor.
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 09:37
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Need the OOC info for your post, Pantherine.
Unread 25th of August, 2010, 10:35
Pantherine
Ghoul

What info? I thought shifting to panther form was something she just needed to spend a turn on?
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 07:11
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Summing up what you're doing. i.e. "Spending the turn changing into a Panther. Energy number/number, Health number/number." Makes my life easier when I have to base my posts around the actions of seven other people, plus my own characters.

Also, everyone, sorry to mess up, but I misjudged my work-load, and won't be able to get anything game-wise done until tomorrow at the earliest. I'll aim to get things back on-track and running against as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 10:11
Pantherine
Ghoul

Right, sorry. I just kind of figured that her spending the turn shifting into a panther was pretty much implied by the post itself. I will try and keep it in mind
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 19:44
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

It was, but having the Energy Stones and Health listed helps a bunch. And without the book in front of me, I don't know (or can't remember) that Transform Self is a power that doesn't require the use of any Stones.

Addendum: So, just to clarify -- Legion has 0 Defence apiece (unless Evan wore his kevlar to a gig, which would be weird, but not impossible?), and Toxin has... 6? Am I reading that right, Haraphen? Can you both certify this before Igneous is done, so I can begin work on mine? Thanks.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 26th of August, 2010 at 19:49.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 22:20
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Fixed. That was quite the oversight on my end.

Also... I can't really justify him wearing the Kevlar, at all. It's hardly the sort of thing one wears underneath fashionable clothes! He'll have left it at home.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 22:42
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Thanks for the ammendment, Krypton. I'll wait to hear back from Igneous and Eddie, and then post on up.
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 22:49
Haraphen
Ghoul

Member: #7958
ok i was just rely on my dodge reflex so adding nothing to it so my defense is only 3 ill eddit the post so its clearer
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 22:50
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Thanks buddy.

Addendum: Incase people are forgetting, remember that the Page refreshes after Krypton and Pantherine post (i.e. at the end of the Play Cycle order). When this happens, you get to Regenerate.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 26th of August, 2010 at 23:09.
Unread 29th of August, 2010, 16:33
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

If Igneous hasn't posted by tomorrow, I'll skip him and take my turn.
Unread 29th of August, 2010, 17:39
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Sorry - didn't actually realize it were my turn. Posting now.
Unread 30th of August, 2010, 00:37
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

No worries. Getting my post up today or tomorrow.
Unread 31st of August, 2010, 22:17
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Before I post, I just wanted to clarify something Igneous: with Evan having Duplicated and moved to attack the thugs, did you want to simply focus on protecting Pantherine, or did you want to move to protect Legion, or even change your action entirely? I realise that you were tired when you were posting, so I wanted to clarify before I moved on.

As soon as you've answered I'll finish off the post-in-progress and get it up. Sorry for the wait all; hoping to get back into proper posting-times now.

Addendum: Also, I don't think the Regeneration for your Accelerated Healing Factor (White or Red Stones) happens until the Page ends, which is when all such effects take place. I don't believe this influences your post, but it's worth taking note of, incase it becomes important in the future.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 31st of August, 2010 at 22:22.
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 02:51
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

I'm not entirely sure how we're dealing with actions - are they on sequence or are we all posting and they all get resolved? Pbp makes It a bit odd
In any case I'll protect anyone still by me. If Legion is going aggressive I'll stick with Jill

When does the page end? Just before Toxin?
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 06:03
Haraphen
Ghoul

Member: #7958
the page refreshes before me yeah
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 18:37
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

One further note Igneous: I think you're Regenerating too little. You should be regaining Health Stones worth of Energy, plus 3 Stones for every 2 White Stones you have, rounded down. So, for this Page, when your Health jumps back up to 5, you'd Regenerate 11 Red Stones (5 for the White Stones + 6 for having two lots of 2 Health Stones), not 6. Please edit your post's OOC details to reflect this.

Havoc, not sure if you've been doing this, but your Healing Factor also gets +3 Stones per 2 White Stones per Panel. Double-check to make sure you've been Regenerating right.

Getting my post up now.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 1st of September, 2010 at 18:40.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 00:06
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Like in Star Wars, I find that the posting length is diminishing guys. Please try to pick this up, guys; those of you who are still sticking to the 250 word average, my thanks and congrats.
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 09:26
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

“ Originally Posted by Shakespeare # One further note Igneous: I think you're Regenerating too little. You should be regaining Health Stones worth of Energy, plus 3 Stones for every 2 White Stones you have, rounded down. So, for this Page, when your Health jumps back up to 5, you'd Regenerate 11 Red Stones (5 for the White Stones + 6 for having two lots of 2 Health Stones), not 6. Please edit your post's OOC details to reflect this.

Havoc, not sure if you've been doing this, but your Healing Factor also gets +3 Stones per 2 White Stones per Panel. Double-check to make sure you've been Regenerating right.

Getting my post up now.
”
See, I interpreted that as 3/2 replacing the 1/1 ratio you previously had. I know it's expensive, but 5/2 seems a very big bump to me.

I'll certainly take it, naturally, but I read the same info differently (but the book never explicitly says either way).