Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > Marvel: Los Angeles

Unread 9th of July, 2010, 18:34
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
Jill's approach wasn't noticed, at least not at first, for the police were busy trying to barricade the scene off to the public using police tape and dirty yellow tripods. More police had arrived in Jill's moments of indecision, but instead of taking statements they focused instead on the task of loading the many crates into police vans -- a slow task, given that the boxes all seemed unnaturally heavy. More than once an officer mused aloud about what might be inside, but no-one attempted to ply the wood open.

One officer -- who was half-way through questioning Evan and his duplicates -- turned abruptly towards Jill when she neared, and then ushered her away with her hands. "No civilians please ma'am," the plump woman said pointedly. "This is a crime scene. I'm going to have to ask you to step away." Certain that Jill would comply, the cop turned back to Evan and resumed her line of questioning.

It was odd that no-one had approached Toxin with the same queries; but, then again, everyone besides Evan seemed to have been taking pains to avoid him altogether. Vouched for or not, he was still distrusted, and that fact shone through brightly, wavering any doubt. When he offered to help with the cleanup, he was briskly waved aside, and informed that he wasn't to touch anything. The Evans, too, were told to keep their distance, but at least they were asked in a nicer tone.

Anger. Toxin felt it whell up in his chest like a coiling fist. He bit down hard on the emotion, but couldn't help but marvel, briefly, just how liberating the aggression felt, how freeing it could be to let loose on all of these idiots who couldn't tell a hero from a villain.

The cleanup continued on into the night, but it wasn't witnessed first-hand by the Symbiote, Legion, or Jill, all of which were ordered away once the police were satisfied with the answers to their questions. Distrustful glances were offered to them -- all of them -- by one or two officers, but they were free to leave: a fact that, in and of itself, was surprising. They peeled away from the red-and-blue glare of the police lights and headed towards Legion's car, which was exactly where the Councilor had left it.

A bright yellow ticket, pinned beneath the window wipers, was also visible. A parking ticket. Typical.

---------------------------------------------

Editor's Notes: Okay! I'm pretty much done here. My post wasn't long, but given that the Issue's about to end, there's not a lot more for me to add. I do, however, want you all to bring your characters together for a meet (maybe have Jill and Igneous follow Legion and Toxin, or have Legion inform Toxin about them and wait for the other two near the car, expecting them to tail their movements). However it happens, the characters need to meet; they don't need to agree to be buddies, or partners, but they need to at least know one another's (super) names.

Evan: I'll leave it up to you to decide just how much you told the police. Normally, if you intended on keeping information from them, I'd need you to allocate Stones to Social Skills, but in the interest of summing this Mission up in a timely manner, I'll skip it and assume that you succeeded. Either way, can you make it clear for me in your post just how much you told them?

And with regards to the medical aid: the characters would be looked over and padded, but not for long. The Assailant's head trauma takes precedence, and they'll leave after satisfying themselves that everyone else's wounds aren't life threatening. They'll then conclude that you all need to stop playing hero, that it could've been worse, and that you need to rest, and speak with your doctor.

The Mission will end when you all decide to part ways. When you're all done, I'll allocate Lines of Experience, and then move you on to Issue #2.

Any questions, let me know.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 9th of July, 2010 at 18:40.
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 00:09
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
Evan spared the Councillor a look, "What, you couldn't park it someplace legal before abandoning it? I ought to make you get a job." He smriked, that sounded just like his old man.

Then Evan went around, to the wounded members of Legion first, and touched them each on their unwounded soldiers and reabsorbed them, feeling the injuries fade away even as he felt more complete. The Warrior walked up, holding Evan's backpack with his school things (and any of the things the Police give back to Legion), and handed it to Evan before he, too was absorbed.

"Hey Eddie, you want to hang out a bit? Stark's not far from here, and we've got some stuff to discuss, I think." He opened the opened the passenger door for the Symbiote.

Then he turned to the girl, who'd offered to help but had been quickly rebuffed. "Nice jumpsuit. I take it you're like us, then? Why don't you come along, too?"

Evan scanned the sky, looking for the gargoyle the Councillor had gone on about.

OOC: What does Jill look like? If she's pretty, teenage Evan is bound to treat her differently than if she's not. For example, if she's pretty, she's definitely getting offered the front seat.

Last edited by Krypton; 10th of July, 2010 at 01:56.
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 09:52
Pantherine
Ghoul

Member: #8215
Jill stepped back as directed by the police woman, a feeling of relief washing over her. She would have helped if her offer had been accepted, but she was more than content with not having to. Passively surveying the final preparations between the police and the teens she patiently waits until they turn about and leave the scene, following a few paces behind them all the way to the car.

Once at the vehicle she discretely stares at the black symbiote, wondering what kind of being he might be and if the obvious nervosity displayed by the police may have had some merit to it. But then her eyes widen and her mouth droops slightly at the sight of the five Evans suddenly melding into one, staring incredulously at him for a few seconds until he turns towards her. She quickly composes herself and dismisses her wonderment with an embarrassed smirk and a raised eyebrow.

She couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed at Evan looking her up and down and making a remark at her jumpsuit, which did little to hide her slender, although slightly underweight, feminine curves. It was not the kind of clothing she felt the most comfortable in, and the situation had her unconsciously brushing a hand through her loose-hanging shoulder-long black hair, uncovering a, by most standards, plain-but-pretty face with a pair of deep emerald green eyes. Her almost pale white skin showing telltale signs of having once worn a piercing in the right nostril, one in the lower lip and multiple ones in her left brow and ears.

Cocking her head to one side she looks at Evan's similar outfit and responds; "I, yes, a friend made it for me so that... because," she pauses, seeming lost for words "well yes, I am. One of you. I guess." she finishes with a brief and disarming smile.

"I'm Jill, by the way." she quickly says to change the subject, staring intently at Evan and Toxin in an expecting manner. Then suddenly remembering Igneous and Conduit as she notices Evan looking up towards the rooftops; "Oh, have you seen Ig... the big..." she pauses abruptly for a couple of seconds before resuming with a light shake of her head "ah, you know what, nevermind. I suppose I could ride along with you, kinda depends where you are going though?" she asks a little hesitant, but then immediately relaxes with another shake of her head and an expression of surrender; "Screw it. Yeah sure, I'll come along."
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 11:30
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

"Oh, yeah." Evan blushes a little, uncomfortable at making a mistake in front of the girl, "I'm Evan. This is... Eddie. Listen, Eddie, can you de-suit? You're kind of eye-catching."

Evan gets into the driver's seat, tossing his hands up in exasperation when he sees his keys right in the ignition. "Man.... who'd of thought I'd be lucky to have a parking ticket on my car. This is LA, for chrissake." Shaking his head, he looked out the open passenger doors, "Well, Eddie, you coming, or what?"

OOC: Assuming Eddie gets in, or even if he doesn't, I'm going to drive back to my High School with Jill. Someone else can feel free to pick up the conversation there, regardless.
Unread 10th of July, 2010, 13:05
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Igneous watched in surprise as the young men all merged in to one person. "Heaven and Earth, Horatio...."

He wondered if each of them were independent, or whether they were simply as shadows. If they were independent, was it not all but equivalent to a death if they merged inside one being? Which was in charge? Which was the "real" person? Of course, was it any different than the other female, the one that was both a person and a cat? Did her cat existence "die" when she was a human?

As he pondered, lost in thought, he was startled by the sound of car doors slamming, and looked down quickly to see the car begin to pull away. He watched it for a moment, and then launched himself in the air, following after the car at a safe distance. If an opportunity presents itself, he will fly in front of the car to draw attention, and then draw them to a secluded area to talk. If not, he'll follow them to their destination and wait.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 01:14
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan watched Eddie turn and, with a sneer, sling away into the Los Angeles early evening.

What's his problem? Evan shrugged as Jillian looked at him, looking for an explanation for the Symbiote's actions.

"He's part alien, how am I supposed to know what's going on in his head?"

Evan pulled out into the Los Angeles traffic, and drove back towards school, the nearest public place he could think of, where Jill would feel the most safe.

He pulled into the student parking lot, and got out. "Well, this is Stark High. You ever been here before?" He asked her, as he walked out into the middle of the quad and laid down, sprawling out in the warm grass.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 03:47
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill presumed that Eddie's mood must have had to do with the warehouse episode, but did not press the matter further. She reckoned that he just needed some space and time to process whatever emotions were gnawing at him. She did raise an eyebrow as a silent questioning expression towards Evan when he noted that Eddie was an alien. Wanting to ask if he meant it literal or figuratively she decided to save it for later out of respect for Eddie.

Soon enough the two of them reached their destination; one that Jill knew well. A quick answer to Evan's inquiry was quickly at hand; "Yeah once or twice. I go to school here." she mused with a smile. Watching with interest as Evan surrendered himself to the warm carpet of green, she tried to figure out what his angle was. For the first time since they had met she got a proper look at him without a ton of stress and distractions looming left and right. He was a handsome enough kid, and she silently replayed the events from earlier and could not help but feel intrigued at how he kept so cool and calm all things considered. Police, fighting, and that strange ability of his to seemingly duplicate himself and be at several places at the same time.

She sat down a couple of feet next to him and picked at the straws of grass that gently wavered back and forth in the warm summer breeze. "So, what was with all the cops and the wounded people back there?" she said looking at Evan lying flat in the grass, "And your friend, ah, Eddie - you two are buddies?" pausing briefly she couldn't help but ask; "You said earlier that he's an... alien? How do you mean?"

((OOC: Giving Evan the benefit of the doubt here; I don't remember reading anywhere what he looks like. And for that matter; what does Eddie look like when not in his suit?))

Last edited by Pantherine; 12th of July, 2010 at 03:52.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 05:08
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan perked up, "No way! You go to school here, too? You new, or something?"

Then he became a little sullen when she brought up the warehouse. "Oh, well - I was walking around after school, right? And I heard this cop's radio, saying there were some mysterious people near the warehouse, and so I followed him, since it wasn't far. Then, I saw one of them kill the cop, and... well, I couldn't just hang around and do nothing after that, right?"

Evan met her eyes, seeking agreement before continuing, "So I called Eddie, who helped me stop a Pride-supporter's takeover of a bus he just crashed into the other day, and who I knew would be willing to help. They had guns, and knives. And a guy who could teleport - one of us, right - it wasn't a pretty fight. I think they were trying to steal some Stark tech being stored in that warehouse, but not on Legion's watch, yeah?"

Evan smiled at the girl, who seemed nice enough, and friendly. "Eddie was weird about it, though. I don't think he likes the Symbiote all the time, and he certainly didn't like when we fought the criminals weapon to weapon. But hey - they killed a cop, what're they going to care about a couple kids with superpowers? Not all of us can dodge bullets, like him."

"Yeah, you don't know about Symbiotes? Apparently, they're some sort of alien that can bond with a guy and give them superpowers. There's a few high-profile ones who tangle with the Spiderman out in New York - that's where Eddie's from."

Evan was at ease talking with Jill, and it showed as he leaned back on his hands, feet in front of him while he lounged.

OOC: Evan is around 6 feet tall, with a frame that promises a little more height in his future. 'Handsome enough' is a good way to describe him, as he's blonde, blue-eyed, with strong, northern Scandinavian features, though with the thinness and strength of a soccer player, or general outdoorsman, rather than an American Football player.
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 06:09
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill's eyes darted up and down between Evan's eyes and mouth as a force of habit. She was close enough to actually hear his words despite her poor hearing and currently lacking her hearing aid.

"Well, I'm not *new* new here. I transferred a couple of years ago. My foster parents thought it would be a good idea since I had some 'issues' with my old school." she says, making quote marks with her fingers and rolling her eyes.

When Evan finishes explaining the warehouse incident Jill tilts her head slightly and raises her eyebrow at the tale, but she almost immediately dismisses the expression as if trying to appear less impressed than she actually is. "That's very... commendable, of you." she says, pausing briefly as if searching for a word a little less brazen than 'brave'.

Her brow furrows as Evan explains about Eddie's condition, as if not quite understanding; "So, he's being controlled by... it, or what? I don't... I'm pretty new to all this, stuff. The whole special ability thing, powers and whatever. I didn't even know I had any until..." she pauses for a long moment and looks down at the straws of grass she is fiddling about in her fingers, an empty expression on her face, then continues; "...ehm, till' a few days ago, really. I mean I know there are people with pretty amazing powers in this city, the world. It's just never really, I mean... I never really concerned myself much with it, y'know? Have you guys always been able to... you know, that thing you do, whatever it is?" she finishes looking back up at Evan with a slightly distant and unsettled expression.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 07:36
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan noticed the strange bobbing of her head, but was shocked to find out she'd gone to his school for awhile. "Really? How come I've never seen you around the school, at any events, or anything?"

[Jill's answer]

"I don't know how the Symbiotes work, it seems Eddie's in control, though. They're supposed to be bad news, and Eddie seems alright, even as Toxin. I don't have any idea about Eddie, but I've only had my powers for like a month. I was out camping with some friends in the Sierra Nevada, and I fell into a cave while climbing. There was this... energy, there. I touched it, and I became Legion. Just three of us, at first, but now... I don't know. Seems like I might be able to be in lots of places at once."

"I need to find the nerdy one, and send him to school in my place." He smiled a bit at his little joke. "So, the Councillor - the one you met on the roof - said something about a, uh... Gargoyle?"
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 07:51
Haraphen
Ghoul

Member: #7958
Eddie squatted on his toes which happened to be stuck half way up a 4 story high monolith in a small park. He had retracted his mask and was letting some fresh air clear his head. Today was the real thing. A real emergency. People with the intention of harming others committing a crime and he had stepped in to stop it. With Legion's help. With the Warrior’s help.

A small spark of anger fluttered in his chest.

The Warrior. Who had shot and badly wounded one man. Who had then continued to shoot and potentially kill another. Who showed no remorse or shame for what he did. ”But did you stop him Eddie?” His own voice came out a rasp and he realized now he had been clenching his teeth. ”Did you do everything you could of?”

The spark grew to a knot that writhed inside his chest.

Then the cops show up and its the same as before. ’They pull guns and aim them at me.’ Eddie rested his head in his hands brushing back his long read hair which had become loose. [i]’Not the huge lummox who looked ready to kill one of Evan’s duplicates but me who has only tried to help so far.’[i]

The knot was now a ball of tendrils crawling under his skin begging for release. ’Don’t forget Evan told her you’re name’

Eddie’s fist slammed into the side of the monolith causing a web of cracks to appear around the impact site. He stared at his hand in disbelief as if it had moved on its own. The anger had faded and Eddie let out one long tired breath. ”Im to old for this &$%^”

((OOC: Im sorry for my lack of posting this weekend nightmares at work followed by a stomache bug had sort of wrapped up my time. I hope this is an acceptable conpensation.))
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 09:00
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill thought on Evan's question for a bit before answering; "I don't know, really. I don't spend much time at school besides what I have to. And I tend to not mingle much with the others, I guess." she closes her eyes and looks up at the sky and continues; "You might have seen me here and there, you probably just don't remember. Few do." her eyes and head still closed and tilted back she smiles as if reminiscing pleasant memories;

"I met someone here, after only a week or so. We had a habit of skipping classes sometimes. Another good way of going unnoticed I guess." she chuckles at that last comment and then opens her eyes and looks back at Evan, her smile gone, once again replaced by a blank expression; "Heard about the kid who had just graduated from here a little while back and then got killed in a car accident, two days ago?" she pauses and stares directly at Evan for a few moments, then sighs and lets herself fall backwards onto her elbows, staring down at her feet as she wiggles her toes in the dark jumpsuit; "That was him. He was my boyfriend." she finishes abruptly, straining herself to hold back the moistness that was assaulting her eyes.

She remains silent, resting on her elbows while staring intently at her feet while Evan explains about himself and Eddie. Not shifting her position she looks over at the teenager from time to time to frown at his tale of the cave and the mysterious powers it gave him. She couldn't help let forth a chuckle at his joke about a nerdy duplicate, though. She followed it up with a snappy remark "If you figure it out, let me know how. I could use one of those as well."

When Evan then mentioned The Councillor and the gargoyle, she suddenly remembered Igneous and Conduit;

"Right, Igneous." she mutters as if more to herself than at Evan. Pushing herself back up into a sitting position again she looks back over at the teenager; "There was this, thing, on the rooftops with... me. Ah, it said its name was Igneous and that it was stone. Or something. I thought it was a living gargoyle at first, but I think it's... he, is more than that. He said something about having merely been shaped as a gargoyle, but seemed unsure if he actually was one. In fact, he came off as a bit confused, like he wasn't even sure himself who or what he was." she pauses briefly to consider before continuing;

"He seemed an okay sort though, despite his looks. Kinda scary. I don't know where he went. I had kinda expected him to follow us when you... uh, The Councillor,led me down to the crime scene. He did have large wings though, so he might have flown overhead." she shrugs and looks a bit at a loss, then furrowing her brow as she silently thinks to herself.

'And where the hell did Conduit go? She'd better not have entered that building and gotten arrested by the cops, shit.'
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 09:08
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

"That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear about that, but I was a bit preoccupied two days ago. Was the car crash with a bus, by any chance? Over by Watts?"

Evan listened as she went on, carefully ignoring the tear which leaked from her eye. "Igneous, huh? Like Volcano rocks? Sounds kind of cool. I wonder why everyone was hanging out around that warehouse - seems a weird place for a gargoyle and a nice girl from Stark to be chilling, yeah?"

"What is it you can do, anyway? You psychic, or a mutant, or something?"
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 10:06
Pantherine
Ghoul

"Thanks," she says with a surrendering smile, "no, it was a car. W.. he was on a motorbike." she quickly changes the word 'we' before pronouncing it fully, and then says no more, seemingly too torn up to continue on the subject, although still containing her emotions. She deflects her sorrow by changing the subject; "Life is unfair, huh?" she says, feigning an unconvincing chuckle while deftly wiping the single tear from her eye as part of a movement to brush her black hair aside.

"I don't know what kind of rocks he was referring to," she answers Evan's second inquiry and chuckles again, more honestly this time "he just said that he was 'stone'. I'm assuming he meant made of stone, or from it. He sure did look the part."

She, to Evan's knowledge, ignores his subtle compliment towards her and continues; "I just happened to be in the neighborhood with a friend when he came thundering down from nowhere, and then the cops and you showed up just minutes later. I think Igneous was out looking for baddies to pummel and thought me and my friend were such. I'm really not sure what any of it all was about." she finishes with a sigh and a shrug.

When Evan asks about her talents she glares at him as if unsure how to respond; "I, uhm," she pauses to look down and shake her head slightly, then looks back up at him with a pursed smile; "well I, kind of, turn into a cat." she continues, raising an eyebrow while staring at Evan, almost expecting him to laugh. Although she quickly nods at him before he has a chance to respond, and adds; "Well not exactly a house cat. More like a slightly bigger, sort of, panther... cat." she finishes, again looking expectantly for the teenager's response.

"Hey, when you do that thing of yours, when you turn into more... or they come out from you or whatever, what's that like? How do you control them?" she suddenly blurts out, seemingly genuinely interested.
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 10:55
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Igneous smiles slightly to himself.
Originally Posted by Jill In fact, he came off as a bit confused, like he wasn't even sure himself who or what he was
He would have to be a bit more circumspect. He wasn't used to speaking to people who weren't committing a crime, a suspect or a witness. Apparently there were tricks to speaking that he would need to work on. It was something to consider.

He leapt off the roof where he had been eavesdropping, gliding to the ground behind the two teenagers. He had attempted to be silent, but it was a fairly futile attempt. Another thing to work on, perhaps.

He dropped to a crouch naturally, as it was both the most comfortable position he could find and a way to reduce his natural height, so that he was a bit less intimidating (hopefully). "Like volcanic rocks, yes. I had considered Granite, but I worried about counter-top jokes." He chuckled, a gravelly sound. "I found myself there because the nice girl from Stark did - I was watching the area, and saw her and her companion. They lead me to that rooftop, which lead to you." He held out a clawed hand. "I am Stone, called Igneous. You are well met." Clever listeners will note a shift in tone between his prior conversation, which was more light and casual, and that introduction, which has a much more formal and somber tone. "You are Evan, yes?"
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 11:14
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan reached his hand out cautiously, wincing in preparation for getting his hand crushed. "Yeah, I'm Evan, called Legion... and the General. Look, it's complicated, right?" He tried to emulate the gargoyle's somber, formal tone. Fittingly, his voice cracked when he unveiled the name of he and the duplicates' together. He blushed, then took his hand and unconsciously wiped it on his shirt in nervousness.

"Wow. You really are a gargoyle, aren't you?" He paused. "Awesome."
Unread 12th of July, 2010, 23:52
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill got back on her feet, mildly startled at Igneous' sudden arrival.

"Well, I guess sometimes the mountain does come to the prophet." she mused while the granite giant and Evan shook hands. "What happened to you back at the alley? You didn't see the other girl I was with, did you? she asked in quick succession, looking at Igneous.
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 11:22
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Igneous shakes his head at Jill's questions. "The last I saw of her was when everyone left the rooftops. She seemed in a hurry to leave, and it seemed far more likely that you teenagers would be interested in talking. I waited until you left in the car, then followed you."

He considers both of them. "You both seem to be of an age, and from the same area. Are you... in love and preparing for relations? Or are you considering becoming so? If you are, I could return later. If you were not, then are you perhaps a group dedicated to helping people?"
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 12:17
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

"What? No! I mean, we just met," Aaron stammered, looking at Jill and blushing, "And she's."

He stopped, his slight California tan not enough to mask the scarlet of his cheeks. "I'm in the latter, yes. The Legion helps people."
Unread 14th of July, 2010, 21:42
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill gives Igneous an incredulous stare while proclaiming an equally surprised; "What? No!" in almost synchronous unison with Evan. Her expression quickly turns to a dubious smile as she chuckles lightly at the stone giant while Evan finishes explaining, and adds; "What he said." almost rhetorically while motioning her head towards the teenager, unable to hold back another slight chuckle at the sight of the blushing Evan.

Spending a brief moment gaining her wits and pondering Igneous' second question; "I... haven't really thought about it. I mean, I guess I would. Help people out if they needed it." she pauses momentarily, looking back and forth between Igneous and Evan before shrugging her shoulders; "That's what our kind do, isn't it? I mean, we're either villains who go about doing bad and selfish stuff simply because we can, or we are the good guys who try to make a difference, make the world a better place." she finishes, a hint of uncertainty in her voice. "I sure don't feel like one of the baddies." she then adds with more conviction.

Then looking at Evan; "Seems to me that you and Eddie have already gotten off to a good start. What with the warehouse and all. If he wanted to get in on it, we could have ourselves a little 4-man group of villain busters." she muses in an almost sarcastic and suggestive manner, as if merely attempting a poor joke.
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 02:24
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

"Four at a minimum." Instinct makes Evan punctuate his comment with a wink. "But... umm. Jill? Your superpower isn't like... bedazzling things, is it? Or Super-sewing?"
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 09:03
Pantherine
Ghoul

"Bedazzling? I wouldn't..." Jill stops abruptly, puts a hand on her hip and looks hard on Evan with one raised eyebrow; "Super-sewing..? No, but I'm guessing that, apart from being able to duplicate yourself, you also have the power of bad humor. Is that how you beat those guys at the warehouse, by cracking wise-jokes until they could take no more? You must have pulled a particularly good one on the guy who apparently stabbed himself just to escape the horror." she says with a bemused chuckle. "I don't sew, and I don't do bedazzlement. I just... I don't know, I can take the form of a cat, as I said. A panther, really. I don't think I can do other stuff. I only just learned I had this ability two days ago and I haven't really had the inclement or time to explore what else might be going on when I'm, well, human."

She then changes her posture, expression and voice as if explaining something wonderful and ecstatic; "When I change, my hearing gets better, I can see in the dark, I become faster, stronger... I can leap like you wouldn't believe, it's almost like flying through the air, across the rooftops and alleyways. And I can smell the world! It's... indescribable, it's like... I can see things in the back of my head even with my eyes closed, just by sniffing in the air around me." she trails off and closes her eyes, a content smile plastered on her face as if she has momentarily forgotten where she currently is. Then, as if waking from a daydream, she looks at Evan and Igneous, lightly shakes her head, shrugs and smiles at them; "That's... what I do, I guess. It's what the suit is for, so I don't have to lug my clothes around with me all the time." she finishes, brushing her hands down the sides of her gray-and-black neoprene wetsuit.

She looks over at Igneous and curiously asks him; "Back on the roof when we first met, you said something about 'being stone', and that you'd been shaped in the form of a gargoyle, but didn't know whether you are one or not. How can you not know what you are? Were you, like, created by someone, or something? Don't you have any parents, or... creator or whatever?"
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 12:07
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Igneous watched the two teenagers with amusement. He had been concerned about working with such young allies, both for their safety, and out of a concern about their maturity. But after this interchange, he thought that this could work out after all.

In response to Jill's question, he shrugged his massive shoulders with the sound of rocks grinding against each other slowly. "I am Stone" (the way he says it, you can hear the capital S), "but I am only one part of Stone. It is....well, it's ... the closest I can explain is that you are Jill, but you are also human. In the same way, I am Igneous, but I am also Stone. Although it is not the same, in many ways. As to how I came to be, I do not know, exactly. I came in to consciousness some time after my creation. I have theories, but there is only one man who truly knows how I was created, and that man is...well, he's not speaking about it any further."

He paused, staring in to space for a very long moment, which seemed likely to turn in to several very long moments, or perhaps even hours.
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 00:14
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan, looking a little confused, looked up at Igneous, and over at Jill, in a wide glance. "So, say you two join up with Eddie and me. How do we get in touch, when the boot hits the floor?"
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 07:01
Pantherine
Ghoul

Jill nodded in silent agreement to Igneous' story, even though she still couldn't quite wrap her head around it. She decided that she would ask him about the man some other day and leave the subject be for now. It seemed a very personal thing to the granite giant, and she could appreciate his reluctance to go into details after having only just met.

She seemed equally as baffled as Evan when Igneous trailed off, apparently lost in deep thoughts. He looked more like a real gargoyle than he had before, and she started worrying that he might truly have turned into a statue. She considered giving him a light poke and asking if he was feeling okay when Evan broke the silence. Jill returned Evan's confused glare and looked back up at Igneous, who still seemed lost in his own mind; "I, yeah... yeah I have a cellphone. Ah crap, my stuff is still on the roof." she said in a sullied voice and sighed; "Do you have something to write with, or a phone? I can tell you my number, but you'll have to text me so I can add you and Eddie later. Speaking of which, I need to go pick up my stuff and be getting back home."

She looks up at Igneous one last time and then back at Evan, smiling; "Nice meeting you guys. Interesting, to say the least.". Her hands instinctively search for pockets to hide in, but the slick suit offers no such comfort. She gestures a lazy wave with one hand and offer a "Cya." before crossing her arms over her belly and turning about to walk off towards the school grounds, soon disappearing into the dark of night.

Once out of sight behind the many buildings and midnight shadows, she focuses on the slumbering panther within and shifts into the black feline again. With a few casual leaps she ascends the school buildings in a few seconds and calmly strides along the ledge of the rooftop overseeing the yard where Evan and Igneous stand. She looks down at them while lazily walking along the edge, unsure if they will even notice her in the darkness, and then darts off a moment later, a blurred shadow in the night.