Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 08:07
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"Excellent! Just look at all this! Halls and halls of bookshelves that rise hundreds of feet in the air!"

"Thirty feet, tops. In the grandest section."

"Well, they probably extend for a thousand miles."

"No. No they do not."

"Uh huh. Go over there. You've already made this unpleasant, Tor."

Arel searches for information on the Githyanki, hoping she might find a description of one of their fortress-cities detailed enough to use for teleportation.

Tor doesn't really explore the library. He simply follows Melfice around like his shadow, watching him dourly.

Sir Cawen does nothing. He just stands inside the entrance, reflecting on his terrible fate.
  #27  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:01
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice heads to the section on artifacts mentioned by the monk earlier with Rontou growling softly at Tor the entire way. once he gets there he simply begins to search for anything he can find related to whatever the mind flayers might have or anything interesting for that matter.

"So" says Melfice at length, "why are you following me Tor?"
  #28  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:10
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"Oh? I've a question for you. Why are you following us?" He steps forward, bringing his face uncomfortably close to the elf's. Though one would expect the man's breath to be foul and perhaps whiskey-soaked, it didn't actually have any discernable scent at all. Still, the humid heat from his mouth was horribly unpleasant.

"I've made it clear I don't like you. But you've never really made that clear to me. Deceptive wretch... you should be thankful I'm not going to hurt you. You've done nothing wrong, yet."

"You should consider me a guardian, in a way. After all, you'll be hurt quite badly if you do do something wrong, and I'm here to prevent that..."

Obviously, the cleric was completely out of his mind. It seemed unlikely even he knew what he was talking about.
  #29  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:20
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice blinked almost stupidly before grinning from ear to ear. "I'm not 'following' anyone" he said, "Arel asked me to come along". Melfice backs away and begins to flip through another book. "Besides, what makes you think I ever decieved you about anything exept my name?"
  #30  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:38
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"Arel asked you!? And how might we know that you didn't merely manipulate her with your, your... your little arcane ditties? Bah! We can't trust you at all."

Tor struggles to keep his voice down, sweat beading down his brow. He takes a look around, then finishes his threats.

"Oh, yes. I hope you slip up, 'Glacian.' I hope you make a mistake. I'll hurt you very badly, then..."
  #31  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:09
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
"I can do nothing more with my music then play a 'facinating' tune. I can't manipulate anyone with it. Especially not someone as strong willed as Arel".
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #32  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 11:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
While Melfice and Torrenik converse with each other, Arel is able to find in the geographical section, a scroll about Githyanki socities in Faerun. Several fortresses are shown in detail in the Underdark as well as some interesting or famous individuals in these fortress. Ironically, if it's correct, this scroll was penned by an unnamed Illithid. After referencing their locations to a rough, very rough map of the Underdark, you see that the closest one near where you've been is probably Fort Galliende.

While browsing the selections on Underdark geography, you also read, time and time again, about the hazard of using Teleporatation spells or abilities with Underdark as destinations, as the area is everchanging.

Melfice fails to find anything particularly interesting about the Illithid's interest in the Artifact section, and moves to the Creature - Underdark section instead near where Arel is, although the vast selection in Candlekeep means you two are still about four shelves away from each other. After browsing through varies tomes regarding their society and their customs, you find that they are most interested in the underground, and no specific artifacts are of special interest to them.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 27th of October, 2005 at 01:04.
  #33  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 06:38
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Arel returns with a wide grin.

"Intriguing. I had expected I'd have to do some plane-hopping to find the gith, and here they are, right on our doorstep. 'Fort Galliende' is where we'll be headed."

Tor finally stops harrasing Melfice to speak with Arel. "Oh? Well, that's good. Is there anything particularly important we should know?"

"Oh, somesuch about the dangers of teleportation, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."

"Wait a mo--"

"Well, then, I suppose we ought to get some rest, eh? We've quite the day ahead of us, full of adventuring in the lands of a most interesting race. Won't that be great, Melfice?"

Torrenik answers for him. "Splendid!" he says, clearly irritated.

"What? What's wrong, Tor?"

"It's... nothing. Let's just get ready."

Arel teleports to her (mostly untended) garden outside of home, so as to not set off her contingency, and checks up on Calitheria. If there's time before nightfall, she scribes her new scroll into her spellbook, then goes to bed, ready for a new day.
  #34  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 09:28
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
"Well" says Melfice, "I'll be off to the inn then and return in the morning". Githyenki eh? should prove interesting. and since the illithid thing was a dud maybe they would have something I could examine
  #35  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 10:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
Greengrass, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

At night, Arel scribes her new spell into her spellbook, and rests. Nothing much happens during your stay at your own private residence, or the inn nearby.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 29th of October, 2005, 07:08
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"So, now it's time to go. Soon, the mind flayers will realize they have no choice but to join us."

Arel and company greater teleport to the heart of the gith fortress.
  #37  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 05:02
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The spell functions properly, yet when you step out of the Astral Plane, something seems wrong... mainly, the solid rock and soil that are above you, around you, and also inside you. You cry out in agony as the earth crush you in every direction even from the inside out, throwing you out to the nearest location that can support your body's size. All of you lie on the ground, panting and sweating from agony, when you reach a dark tunnel. (14 damage, all)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 31st of October, 2005 at 14:36.
  #38  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 05:39
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
(1d10 damage?)

"See? Told you my teleportation would hurt like hell."

Arel stands and brushes herself off. "Hmm. Considering I just had all of my particles super-imposed on another object, a physical impossibility which makes it hurt even more, that wasn't actually that bad."

"Speak for yourself! I think a few of my organs are out of place."

"Oh, come on. It really wasn't too horrendously painful."

"Next time, we're walking."

The group attempts to find their bearings.
  #39  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 07:58
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
"Believe it or not Tor i agree with you on this one. from now on lets only teleport to areas that don't shift". Mefice does the same thing he did before when they were trying to find the drow city.

OOC: speak with nature
  #40  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 14:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The spirit of the land informs you that you are not far off your target, it is directly to your east. However, the tunnel seems to be going only northeast/southwest, with no visible end to them.

(OOC: Sorry, I forgot to include damage in the previous post)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #41  
Unread 1st of November, 2005, 06:28
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice frowns. "The outpost isn't too far that way" says Melfice pointing east, "But the tunnel goes on straight as an arrows flight this way" Mefice points northeast, "for at least a few kilomaters before turning. if it turns at all that is".
  #42  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 10:53
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"Well, I could always try aga--"

"NO!"

"Alright, then, let's see what else there is. Let's just follow Melfice."

Arel thinks back to the book, in case there was a mention of a hidden entrance or anything of the like.
  #43  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 15:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The book's information is still fresh is your mind: there is no secret entrance according to it. Most likely, this tunnel is merely the nearest open location that can support your volumn during the Teleportation mishap. The spell was researched to cause you the least amount of harm rather than taking the risk to put you closer to the true destination.

You all follow Melfice to the northeast. A look walk soon commences, and nothing but the echo of your footstep are preceived. Judging from Melfice's Divination previously you have walked passed the Fort already, but just before you are able to give up and turn back, the tunnel forks into three: one directly ahead to the northeast, one to the west, and one turns sharply to the south.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 3rd of November, 2005 at 15:23.
  #44  
Unread 4th of November, 2005, 09:05
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Tor glances at Melfice impatiently. "Well? You're the damned guide. Which way already?"

"That seemed a bit harsh."

"Yes, well, trace amounts of my blood and bones were left behind in solid stone. Perhaps you can understand my incredible rage, eh?"
  #45  
Unread 4th of November, 2005, 10:53
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice considers the tunnels before speaking. "Well i doubt that one goes where we need it to" he says indicating the one to the west. "But it is possible that the obvious one wont lead us there either" he says indicating the one that turns south. Melfice thinks for another moment before snapping his fingers. "I think i have it" he says before he begins chanting again.

ooc: summon natures ally III, summon 1d4+1 wolves, if i manage to summon enough send one down each tunnel. if not one down the northeast tunnel and one down the south tunnel. if necessary use speak with animal to gat the information from them we need.
  #46  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 15:38
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
Four wolves appear nearby. You use the power of nature to speak to them, and they quickly hustle down the tunnels. Soon, a pair return to you from the south tunnel, informing you of the sight of some strange humanoid creatures before disappearing.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #47  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 15:47
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.11 per day)
Melfice leads their small group down the south tunnel.
  #48  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 15:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
You soon encounter what the wolves had seen when they venture down the path: a lean, tall Humanoid which you recgonize as a Githyanki, eyes you with his errie eyes that somewhat glows in the dark. He stands in the middle of the tunnel, silently and unmoving.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #49  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 10:38
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"I've seen friendlier faces," Tor mutters as Arel steps forward.

"Uh... hello! We're looking for Fort Galliende, but we're a little confused as to which way to head. We're looking for companions for an incursion into illithid territory. Could you help us, by any chance?"
  #50  
Unread 9th of November, 2005, 15:08
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The creature opens his mouth and replies in a surprising common pitch, rather than a deep errie voice you would have otherwise imagined. "The path behind me leads to the Fort. What business do you have with the Illithids? Venturing into Illithid territory seems like a rather moronic adventure idea. Assuming you are of a sound mind, what do you have in mind?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren