Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 05:59
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I hope that wasn't it," Liliana calls out as she darts back in at him, ducking and rolling into his reach to attack again before she fades out of sight once more.

[OOC: Tumble in at +7 to try to avoid attack of opportunity, attack at +27 for 2d6+15, then swift invisible.]
  #27  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 14:51
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You fail to dodge the surrounding Zhents as you rush back into frey once more, but their attacks fail to even get close to you before you spring away. Parrying away a sword from the last soldier, your staff circles around and strikes the commander's thigh, causing him to nearly fall, but he quickly regains balance. You attempt to cloak yourself again, but finds that after you have exercised your power, your form remains perfectly visible.

"There's no escape, scum! The same trick will not work twice!" He brings down his mace again, aiming directly for your head and too fast for you to dodge away while the lack of concealment surprises you. You manage to turn your head slightly and his mace strikes heavily on your shoulder. (9 damage)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #28  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 03:09
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Liliana adjusts her shoulder briefly, testing to see if his blow broke it, before she launches an all-out attack, hoping to bring him down before he lands another such attack.

[OOC: Full attack at +27/+22 for 2d6+15.]
  #29  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 14:47
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Hitting the man twice, you force the giant to back down, incanting filthy curse after the words of Divine spell to mend his wounds.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #30  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 10:43
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"You're going to need more than that when I'm finished with you," Liliana says through gritted teeth as she moves back in and attacks.

[OOC: Tumble in at +7 to try to avoid attack of opportunity, attack at +27 for 2d6+15]
  #31  
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 14:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(OOC: He 5-ft stepped back, otherwise he cannot cast and move without provoking. I will assume you 5-ft step in and full round attack.)

You press on with your attack, and both times strike the man again. He screams in agony as he falls to the ground, still in his giant form, unconscious.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 07:15
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
[OOCkay. Thought he did a move action before he casted, not a 5-foot step. This is obviously all the better for me, so I ain't complaining ]

Pausing for a moment, Liliana glances about the battle scene to absorb the situation around her before she launches herself at the nearest Zhent.
  #33  
Unread 8th of November, 2005, 14:09
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The Zhents are obviously shaken at the sight of their commander falling, and half of them retreat, completely disregarding order and formation, while the others manage to remember some of their military training and attempts to hold their ground while slowly backing away.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 09:26
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
With the enemy falling back, Liliana turns her attention to any injured Dalelanders who might've fallen during the battle.
  #35  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:00
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
It would appear that the Dalelanders suffer only minor wounds, while the ones with more serious damage had already been mended by the Cleric in their midst. After securing the perimeter, they gather to you and await your next instruction.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 12th of November, 2005, 03:50
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Liliana breathes a sigh of relief. I didn't lead anybody to their deaths, she tells herself. She checks on the priest of Bane she felled in battle to see if he still survives. If he's still breathing, she sets a hand on his chest and pours the tiniest trickle of healing energy into his body after releaving him of his weapons and his holy symbol. "Information is the most valuable spoil of war," she explains, but inwardly she tells herself, One less dead man to haunt my dreams tonight.

Regardless of the status of the fallen Zhent leader, Liliana turns her attention to the wagons. "They're probably just invisible, but they might've used something more dangerous. But spoils are spoils... are there any good trails we can use to get these wagons back to the camp?"

[OOC: If the Zhent leader is still alive, Liliana relieves him of his weapons and holy symbol and then drops a prepared guidance spell to heal him for 1 point of damage with some cure minor wounds.]
  #37  
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 13:22
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The Priest appears to be still alive, but suffered horrible internal bleeding from your attacks. Your healing spell stablizes his condition, but he remains unconscious.

To your question, Miekel replies, "This trail we came from is as good as any. We have secured the path from camp to here, so it's probably the best course right now."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #38  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 08:45
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Then I'll mark the invisible wagons for us. Send some men back to the first set of wagons to salvage what they can and bring them back here, then we'll head back to camp with our spoils."

Liliana presses her hands together in an odd gesture and intones, "Spirits of the wild, bless me with your cunning." Her nose suddenly flooded with an ocean of smells she was previously blind to, she sets about finding the invisible horses and wagons with the aid of her newfound olfactory might, marking the seats of the wagons with handfuls of dirt.

[OOC: Casting scent, which should make pinpointing a bunch of invisible horses and wagons much easier, especially since she's not sure exactly how long it'll take whatever magic's working on them to fizzle out.]
  #39  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 15:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You find the invisible wagons pretty much by moving towards where you see them last; indeed, with your enhanced smell, you locate them with ease. The Zhentarim forces continue to retreat while you secure the area around the abandoned wagons.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #40  
Unread 16th of November, 2005, 07:29
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Let's get these wagons out of here and let the Zhents run scared," she says. "More hungry mouths who'll be missing this food."
  #41  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 03:55
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
In fairly short order, your men feel around the wagons and the mules pulling them before beginning to transport the spoils of war towards the friendly campsite. Your efforts are unhinderred, and all of you make your way back to the camp. On the way, the wagons and the mules again fade into view, but causes no trouble other than a minor surprise.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #42  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 06:13
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Once underway, Liliana dedicates her efforts to tending to the wounded soldiers, then herself once they're fully healed again.
  #43  
Unread 17th of November, 2005, 15:31
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Between you and the Cleric of Shaundakul, you patch the wounds of the soldiers in short order. Reporting back, you are pleased to find that none of your men have fallen on this mission. Approaching the commander's tent, a guard informs you that Clenet is currently in a meeting right now.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 12:37
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Liliana nods and says, "Tell Clenet that I'll be in my tent. The mission was a success: we routed the Zhents and took their supplies, as well as their commander." She brushes her eyes and wanders off to find somewhere to wash up.
  #45  
Unread 21st of November, 2005, 14:37
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The soldier salutes you and sees you off. You return to your tent and take a deep breath then ponder the odd feeling of working with complete strangers, even leading them, into battles against more strangers. When will your travel on this foreign land end? When will you find a way home?
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren