Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Cadogan Trahem's Games > Lands of Dynasty > Maeko

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 25th of February, 2003, 07:15
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Chapter 2: The Return

Its a long post and I don't have the time right now.

Upate by tonight.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #2  
Unread 3rd of March, 2003, 14:14
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Three days later...

Despite the speed at which the group moved you never came within sighting or hearing distance of the army which proceeded you. Now late on the afternoon of the third day you rise up over the final ridge to see that calamity has taken hold on the once beautiful Pan-San.

Much of the outer peasant housing is on fire, the rich red flames light the eastern skyline, and the reflection off the lake only makes the scene more beautiful - if only it was a picture or a dream and not reality.

At the sight of the city alight, Kim drops off her horse and to her knees and begins to cry, Black Tiger tries to comfort her. You continue to look at the city only to realise that the walls of the Chiang household have not yet been breached, meaning many of the peasants, nobles, and your friends must still be alive seeking refuge inside the fortress.

Black Crane noticies this too.

"The walls remain intact but for how long?" He questions you not expecting an answer. "If we can make it to one of the gates, we might be able to get inside." He pauses prematurely and shouts. "Look there!" pointing into the town, you follow his lead and peer into the town to see that many soliders, both Chiang and Lim fight openly in the streets not yet touched by flames.

"It would be a hard task, with all those skirmishes." Black Tiger speaks up. "And if we get to the gate what then? Perhaps they won't open it, or perhaps they cannot."

Kim mumbles something and everyone goes quiet. She repeats herself barely a whisper.

"There... there was... a secret tunnel, I r-remember it.. from my childhood.. it leads under the walls. It used to be for my fathers spies to report to him.. but now it may be.. our only chance.."
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #3  
Unread 9th of March, 2003, 01:53
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Xiao Hu at first stares without seeing, thinking of Master Li and her chosen brothers and sisters in the art.
Dragons fight and ants get squashed without them even noticing..., bile rises in her throat at the idea of all the distruction brought by an empty power squabble. Then her gaze falls on the walls of the Chiang mansion, still holding its own.
Safe at the moment...but trapped like mice.
The sound of Kim's crying grates her nerves, trying to exclude the sound, Xiao Hu amost misses the princess' wispered words. Angry at her own feeling of impotence and at the girl's emotional outburst she represses the temptation to shake Kim.

" Hurry, then! Show us where it is!"
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 9th of March, 2003 at 02:02.
  #4  
Unread 10th of March, 2003, 21:05
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
"We'll split into two groups." Says Black Tiger, "Myself, Kim, and two men as well as the stranger will make our way to the tunnel and try to get inside." He explains. "The others, lead by Black Crane will enter the city from the west, and try to see if they can distract any forces long enough to let us get inside once inside we'll see what we can do."

The men split up into their designated groups.

"And what of us?" ask's Black Crane. "After you are inside what shall we do?"

"Withdraw and wait for a sign from us." Answers Black Crane. "My group, dismount! We may be faster but we lose stealth from horse back." All the men dismount and prepare to head down into the city. If there are any doubts in your mind right now, this is the time to ask.

(OOC: Any actions you want to take before you want to head into the Pan-San?)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #5  
Unread 12th of March, 2003, 08:48
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
((OOC: just a quick equipment check))
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #6  
Unread 16th of March, 2003, 02:02
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
All your equipment is in check and soon everyone heads down to the city, once a beautiful and peaceful place, now ablaze with chaos and murder.

As you pass the streets you can hear much fighting and skirmishing although so far you have not seen any such visable signs. As the party aproaches a corner they turn to see Chiang Wardens and Lim Soldiers fighting, the Chiang forces are outnumbered by nearly two to one and will surely lose the fight within moments if you do not give them aid.

The Chiang forces, numbering only four, are facing off against a far superior force of seven Lim soldiers who sport better armour, arms and... 'Chi! Towards the back you can see what appears to be a 'Chi Wizard blasting the Wardens with spells of all kinds. With yourself, the experienced Black Tiger and the two Bandit members who accompanied you, you could turn the tide of the battle, but Chiang Kim Nan would be exposed, if one of you should stay behind with her you could equal the Lim forces and perhaps beat them with experience, wit or luck...

(OOC: Decissions, Decissions... Sorry for the long wait Maeko, I can only use one of my arms properly at the moment, so typing is somewhat difficult but when I saw how long you'd been waiting I just had to step up and move the game for you.)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #7  
Unread 16th of March, 2003, 03:29
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
((OOC Thanks Cadogan!))

IC: I quickly retreat behind the corner, whispering to Black Tiger " Take care of the princess. If your men help me we could even the odds. I'll take care of the wizard."

Wishing for a bit of luck, I breathe deeply and slowly, feeling for my own chi gathering in the tant'ien. When I'm ready I draw it around me as a cloak and move, silent, shadow among the shadows, ready to strike the wizard by surprise.

((OOC : tant'ien is the point in the abdomen where the chi gathers, according to martial art traditions, i thought to give a bit of cultural flavour to 'move silently' and 'hide in shadows'))
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #8  
Unread 22nd of March, 2003, 02:24
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
The group sneaks up from a corner and prepares to enter combat, Already the Chiang Wardens look worn down and about ready to give up. The Lim Soldiers on the other hand look ready to pounce at any moment and the Lim Chi Wizard in the background looks meanacing. However to get to him you would have to either fight through the Lim Forces, or encircle the building you now use as cover.

(Your actions will kick off combat, check the map)

Initative:

Xiao: 23
Chi Wizard: 22
Lim Soldiers: 19
Black Tiger: 17 (Delaying)
Kim: 17(Delaying)
Chiang Wardens: 15
Bandits: 14
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 22nd of March, 2003 at 04:14.
  #9  
Unread 22nd of March, 2003, 04:47
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Xiao hu whispers to the Tigers " Would it be possible for you to engage the Lims creating a diversion while I slip behind to take care of the warlock?"

If they agree, she will start circling the building, to get as near as possible to the chi wizard, as soon as the fight starts, if in range, she'll throw the normal fighting wheel at him.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #10  
Unread 23rd of March, 2003, 02:39
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Roung 1

You tell the Bandits your plans and then make a dash around the building coming around the other side as stealthy as you can manage with your fighting wheel in hand ready to throw it as soon as the Bandits strike. The Chi Wizard in your sights he begins to control the energy and makes it lash out against a Chiang Waren out of view in the form of a dark bolt of lightning. You can see the Lim Soldiers as they bring their swords to bare against the Chiang Wardens, and the Wardens fight back and back away from the vastly superior forces.

Just then you hear a scream as the two Bandits who accompanied you dash out and join the Melee, attacking two of the Lim Soldiers from behind and catching them by suprise.

Round 2

You take the oppotunity to raise your normal fighting wheel and throw it at the Chi Wizard the spinning metal catches his eye at the last moment and he raises his arm to defend against it causing his arm to take several grevious gashes down the forearm but saving his life. He tries to focus his Chi to errect a barrier to defend himself however fails because of his wounded arm and bulk of his armour. The Lim Soldiers fight back (out of view, two Chiang Wardens are injured, and one Bandit takes a minor wound). Black Tiger remains vigil listening to the fighting from the Shadows but remains true to his word and guards Kim.

The Wardens, seeing that atleast someone - whoever they may be - has come to their aid, rally and fight back against the Lim Soldiers, causing a few minor injuries. The Bandits on the left, hack down one of the Lim Soldiers, and advance to meet another.

[L4, 6 are wounded, as is C3 and C2. CW is wounded also but is now aware of your presense.]

Xiao: 23
Chi Wizard: 22
Lim Soldiers: 19
Black Tiger: 17 (Delaying)
Kim: 17(Delaying)
Chiang Wardens: 15
Bandits: 14
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 27th of March, 2003 at 03:12.
  #11  
Unread 23rd of March, 2003, 03:32
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I close in, engaging the Chi wizard in melee with the masterwork fighting wheel (I chose a somewhat circuitous route to avoid entering combat with L5 or L6).
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #12  
Unread 27th of March, 2003, 03:12
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Round 3

With lightning speed you charge out of the Alley towards the Wizard, trying to dodge past the Lim soldiers their without attracting any attention. However one of them turns quickly and tries to attack you with his polearm. Hitting the supporting beam of a near by building instead of bringing part of the roof down into the already smoldering wreakage. You dodge past the second soldier who looks at you but doesn't seem to know what to do.

You reach the Chi Wizard and slash out with your fighting wheel cutting a gash across the mans chest. He staggers backwards but does not fall from the wound - although he is certainly hurting badly.

The Wizard staggers away from you holding his left hand to his chest. He reaches out with his right hand and speaks a few strange words as he summons the fires of hell upon you. Gouts of flame explode in your face and torso burning you and singing your clothing, you shake off the worst of the damage however and come out not so bad as you first thought.

The Lim Soldiers continue to concentrate their attack on the Chiang Wardens, although one Lim Soldier turns around to face the Bandits which have attacked them from behind. One Warden is dealt a deathblow and goes down hard to the ground, bleeding desperately. Life fades from his eyes and he exhales his last breath.

The Chiang Wardens, use the confusion you've sowed to rally and form a counter attack, they manage to take down the Lim Soldier who turned to attack you when you ran past, thrusting their swords through his unprotected back and dropping the man to the ground grasping his back and trying to crawl away - only to have another Warden step up and decapitate the helpless soldier ending his life in a single powerful slice.

The Bandits continue thier attack on the other flank, but their suprise lost they are less effective against the ready Lim Soldiers. However the tide is turning as the numbers now match 6 against 5 in your favour, with you only slightly hurt, one wounded Warden, and a slightly wounded Bandit facing off against a badly wounded Chi Wizard, one wounded soldier and two healthy Lim Soldiers.

(OOC: You took 4 fire damage.)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 31st of March, 2003 at 06:38.
  #13  
Unread 30th of March, 2003, 19:43
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
If my secondary fighting wheel is in reach I'll pick it up and then keep o attacking the Chi wizard.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #14  
Unread 31st of March, 2003, 06:38
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Round 4

You retrieve your fighting wheel from the ground, and move forward to the Wizard, slashing at him twice but only connecting once very lightly. The Wizard continues to back away from you and goes into casting a spell, dark energy gathering around his body as he does so untill finally his spell is complete and a barely visible dark shimmer envelopes him entirely - a protective ward of some kind no doubt.

The Lim Soldiers continue their fight but with the battle turning on them don't manage to hurt any of their opponents, while the Chiang Wardens now on the offencive ready themselves and beging to fight with renewed vigor mananging to cause several minor slashes and gashes to the Lim Soldiers. The two black tiger bandits help them to corner the Lim Soldiers on the left, and with you on the right there is a desperate need for space as the Lim soldiers find fleeing increasingly impossible.

Xiao: 23
Chi Wizard: 22
Lim Soldiers: 19
Black Tiger: 17 (Delaying)
Kim: 17(Delaying)
Chiang Wardens: 15
Bandits: 14
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 3rd of April, 2003 at 14:06.
  #15  
Unread 1st of April, 2003, 07:12
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I keep on attacking the wizard (full action, double attack, if he goes down after the first I'll target L5 with the second attack).
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #16  
Unread 3rd of April, 2003, 14:04
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Round 5

Drawing nearer the Wizard you slash at him twice and manage to cause sever wounds, the Wizard staggers making you think he is tougher then you first believed but then he falls down. First to his knees as he grips his wounds then finally face down in the burning ashes of a near by building.

The Lim Soldiers now in a panic fight to try and open the circle around them but fail to do so as the Chiang Men and the Bandits hold the line not allowing them to chance to make a safe flee. The Chiang Wardens keep up thier brutal assault, one of the Lim Soldiers on the right falling victim to a well placed sword strike, and with the aide of the Bandits on the left another Lim Soldier falls in combat leaving only two Lim men to face off against a further Six opponents, impossible odds at best - and judging by the look on their faces they are not looking forward to it.

Xiao: 23
Lim Soldiers: 19
Black Tiger: 17 (Delaying)
Kim: 17(Delaying)
Chiang Wardens: 15
Bandits: 14
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maekomap.jpg (55.0 KB, 16 views)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #17  
Unread 3rd of April, 2003, 16:35
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I move to flank L4 and attack.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #18  
Unread 3rd of April, 2003, 16:53
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
Flanking the man and attacking him from behind, you strike the man down. The remaining Lim Soldier throws down his weapon and falls to his knees screaming mercy, but one of the Wardens sets upon him instantly killing the man where he bows.

One of the other Chiang Wardens looks you and the bandits up and down.

"Who are you?" He asks you

Just as the battle ends, Kim and Black Tiger come out from behind the building and another Warden looks in her direction.

"Miss Kim! We thought you lost!"
"I was but now I am here, what has happened?"
"Lim decieved us! They came here under truce saying they would help with your search only to attack us as soon as they where allowed into the main compound, only a few Wardens outside on patrols where able to fight the soldiers in the street."
"My family!"
"We know nothing of their well being, we've not been able to get inside the compoud for the past several hours."

The Conversation goes on in the background.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #19  
Unread 15th of April, 2003, 01:15
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" My name is Xiao Hu. Lord Chiang sent me to discover what had happened to princess Kim: she is safe and here, as you can see, but we arrived to discover yet another Lim's treachery."
I am reluctant to ask about personal matters, but just cannot help it:
" Is Lord Chiang well? And...he had some guest in his house, the leader of an entertainers'troupe of little renown, maybe you happen to have heard if he is unhurt?"
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #20  
Unread 15th of April, 2003, 01:27
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
"We know nothing about the inside of the compound. By the time Lim's treachery was revealed they had sealed themselves inside the compound. Effectively taking it from us. A second force which arrived shortly after has been destroying the city outside and all resistance it finds." The man explains. "we've had no luck at getting inside, and few victories outside. I fear what you see here is the only remaining Wardens."


(OOC: Once again I owe you EXP... sigh i'll remember one of these days.)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #21  
Unread 15th of April, 2003, 23:30
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
"The Princess knows a more covert way inside, she was guiding us there. There may be hope yet.
Will you join forces with us ?"
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #22  
Unread 16th of April, 2003, 00:18
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
"Of course our loyalty to the Chiang Family does not end with Lord Chiang himself. We will do anything we can to help you." He says.

Making your way with the Wardens, and the Black Tiger Bandits you move with great stealth through the city towards the secret entrance to the Chiang Compound.

"Overe here." Kim says jumping down the small embankment of the lake and wadeing through some water towards a specific spot where the wall meets the lake. Pushing aside some ferns and foliage to reveal a small cave just above the water line. She points towards it.

"Thats how we will get in, its a short swim and then there is a tunnel." She says.

"I'll go first, and then one person every 15 counts alright?" Black Tiger says to everyone else before pointing towards you. "You make sure Kim goes before you." He crouches, takes a breath and dives under the water and enters the cave disappearing out of sight. Three men follow him periodically untill eventually its just you, Kim, a warden and a bandit. Kim decides to go, the Princess takes a breath and ducks and goes into the tunnel.

Having fullfilled your part of the bargin you decide to go next. Tucking your fighting wheels into your belt you take a breath, and dive through the tunnel swimming and feeling the walls along the way. Just as your breath gets weak and your lungs burn for air you rise into a dark chamber where some other wet figures pull you out of the water.

"Two more?" Asks Black Tiger's voice from the darkness.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #23  
Unread 17th of April, 2003, 03:34
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
" Yes, one of yours and a warden" I answer, gasping to catch my breath, " They should be here shortly".
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #24  
Unread 17th of April, 2003, 06:17
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.32 per day)
The last two men come through the tunnel uneventfully, and the troupe regroups for a moment to catch their breath before pressing onward in the darkness. Following the walls, each person follows another, hand on shoulder through the dark tunnel before finally there is pause.

"Here." Kim whispers through the darkness pressing against a wall, it pushes out quietly and slowly. Black Tiger, and herself peak out and open the door further to reveal that they are in one of the long hallways inside the Chiang house hold.

"I want you three to to try and find any prisoners and liberate them. There are surely Chiang loyalists still alive somewhere, we need as many as we can get." Black Tiger says to the three Wardens The men nod before they draw their weapons and prepare themselves to embark on thier mission.

"What of my father?" Kim says to Black Tiger.
"I suspect he would be held seperately from the others. His importance is greater." Black Tiger explains "We'll search this house hold for him, agreed?" He says to his love, she replies with a Kiss.

The troupe divides, Wardens going one way, Kim, Black Tiger, and his loyalists another. Leaving you to decide which path you take.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #25  
Unread 19th of April, 2003, 02:22
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I stand there for a moment, then turn to join the Wardens, there are just three of them, they probably could use another hand or two.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren