Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > My Enemies Have Sweet Voices...

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 04:11
Icebird's Avatar
Icebird
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #731
Location: In LaLa Land
Posts: 914 (0.19 per day)
Telloth is gripping his shoulder, not too happy in the enclosed corridor.

"Well, I could have taken out the archer, or at least distracted him for a few seconds, if I'd had more foresight. As it is, I'm mostly useless in any form of combat, unless anyone needs a helping mind for sorcery? I was quite good, but lost it when I left my shadow. Oh, and the black wolf was Alamor, slightly deceased newly met friend of mine."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 28th of December, 2004 at 06:50.
  #52  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 05:38
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.72 per day)
Heldrik's expression and body language are commanding...

"Arrotel, with that knowledge you will certainly be helpful in waylaying anybody who is working directly with the energy source here. Roland and Kat, we should take down the Archerer together while he is distracted by Rebis and Telloth, and you can then find a weapon." Motioning to Roland and Kat, "The up front types can free Dunstan, while the ranged can deal with whomever seems to be a threat from the back? I will hold myself in reserve to protect the others and provide quick reinforcement should the need arise. Does that sound good to you?"
  #53  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 09:02
Pygysys's Avatar
Pygysys
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #862
Location: Oz
Posts: 958 (0.20 per day)
Kat smiles at Roland as she accepts his invitation and joins the party, along with Ethan and two garrison soldiers. "Thanks for bringing me up to speed, Roland." She squeezes his hand as if to reassure him or maybe herself before turning to acknowledge the rest of the party goers.

Heldrik's plan doesn't sound half-bad given that she hasn't assessed the situation herself. "Ethan's the better archer, that's what I know of the four of us." She indicates her little group of Orphan and garrison troops of two. "If we can give him a clear shot, he should be able to take out the target or at least make life difficult. Myself and these two gentlemen can at least provide covering fire or a distraction to disguise any fatal shot loosed by Ethan."

She spares a joint nod to Arrotel and the unknown Rebis before turning to Roland. "If the four of us keep the Archer occupied, that frees yourself, Heldrik, Arrotel and your friends. Time is somewhat limited, so decide now. There is merit in Heldrik's plan, but I don't believe the majority of us should be utilising ranged warfare. I think some of you need to engage on a more personal level and quickly." Even as she prompts Roland into a final decision, she begins nocking an arrow.
  #54  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 10:07
Shutter's Avatar
Shutter
Effigy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #840
Posts: 1,748 (0.36 per day)
"Kat, your men will pin down the archer, kill or dissable him if they can, with Aarotel and his" nodding at Rebis "help, after that look to Dunstan, he's the blond boy."

"I missed your name, but our allies here are the ones held captive, it will be crystal clear in seconds."

He wipes another trickle of blood from his temple.

"Heldrik, if you would follow me to the floor, a sorceress and a armoured bruiser need to be dealt with."

"Kat, shoot the woman on the floor and then take out the woman holding Dunstan. I want that spell stopped, and I want Josh safe." And for gods' sakes command this crew once I'm on the floor.

"Stay sharp everyone. And watch your back, there are likely more of them somewhere around here." His eyes now on Ethan and the guardsmen.

Not waiting for further discussion he draws his dagger and darts back into the room, heading for the lizard man's corpse to retrieve his sword, and hoping against reason that the enemy stayed put during the precious moments he has been gone from the room.
__________________

  #55  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 10:48
Pygysys's Avatar
Pygysys
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #862
Location: Oz
Posts: 958 (0.20 per day)
"Ethan, take out the female target holding the blond boy at bay. You two," Kat says to the garrison soldiers, "Keep the archer busy. I'll pepper the female target on the floor and maybe get lucky with a direct hit." Whilst giving an alternative target to their archer so Roland's not getting peppered.

She gives Heldrik the opportunity to follow in straight after Roland before heading into the fray herself, ducking through the door and having a quick look to size up the situation, targets and any possible cover inside.
  #56  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 10:58
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.18 per day)
Now he's closer Rebis will take advantage of the few seconds conversation to assess the usage of Power within the Fount room, seeking to determine with what power Dunstan is held as well as the nature of the spell the woman is attempting.

Perhaps there is a way to disrupt the flow of power between her and the Fount...such a disruption could severely damage her, if well timed...
  #57  
Unread 29th of December, 2004, 04:01
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.77 per day)
As Roland dashes into the room to the left, feels quite fortunate as something whistles by his head from the right - the armored man's warhammer, he thinks. Scooping up his blade, he turns to face his attacker, trying to take in the situation in the room at the same time.

Kat motions Heldrik through, but Heldrik seems to want to wait in reserve, so she steps toward the door. The armored man's presence stops her from stepping in, and over his shoulder she can see the archer in white and green, who has moved across the room so that he can see and fire straight down the entrance corridor. Fortunately for the home team, he seems busy firing at something below him, on the main floor. Kat looses an arrow at the man, figuring that if she happens to hit Roland's opponent, it's all good. The arrow misses both men as the archer steps casually out of the way, and looses another shaft down below.

Roland can see that the woman by the fount has been interdicted, at least for a time. Her garments are torn and there is blood on her. The wolf, however, has paid the price, and he is pinned to the floor by several arrows. He still seems to be 'alive,' if that is an accurate term.

Sizing up the situation, Roland believes that the armored man is unlikely to pass in front of the door, as that would put him between Roland and the friendlies. Rather, he is waiting to the right of the door for anyone else to come through, warhammer at the ready.

So what happened to Josh? Roland can see Josh crumpled in the corner where he was before held captive, blood streaming from his head. That guy probably figured he had better put Josh out and deal with whatever else is coming in...thought is suspended now as Roland turns to deal with another lizard from his left. Another one of those blades...dammit. I wonder how hard it would be to get a defensive enchantment put on Smoke?

The issue for those in the corridor now seems to be getting by the armored man. Ethan fires at him, but the arrow does not penetrate the man's armor.

[Currently, the situation looks like the attachment: (hope this works)

Neither of these comes out completely correct - hopefully between them you can figure it out -

I want to hear from as many people as possible before the next round, rather than having those who post the most going in speedy time, so, here's hoping you all get on soon! Cheers.

- It looks as if it will display properly if you save the file then open with the proper program it rather than use html to open it.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InnerKeep.jpg (30.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: gif InnerKeep.gif (7.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 29th of December, 2004 at 04:22.
  #58  
Unread 29th of December, 2004, 05:01
Shutter's Avatar
Shutter
Effigy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #840
Posts: 1,748 (0.36 per day)
With Smoke again comfortably in hand Roland puts his dagger away, switching to a two handed grip and advancing on the lizardman. He throws out a series of darting attacks, aiming to draw the cursed blade out of position without having to engage it. When he finds an opening he strikes, hoping to kill this thing quickly. As he fights he circles the lizardman, trying to keep it between him and the archer. Even so he stays continualy in fluid motion, hopefully a harder target to hit from 40 yards.
__________________

  #59  
Unread 29th of December, 2004, 05:09
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.72 per day)
Heldrik, now with a better idea of where things are side steps between Ethan and Kat after they each let loose arrows. Once on the walkway he attempts to stop the armored man initial strike with a deft parry and push him quickly back with a head strike to distract him. Then with hammering two handed blows he tries to force him back and give Roland the room he will need to fight and open up the archway for the others to do their thing.
Even though Heldrik is attacking heavily it is ment to keep the armored man unbalanced and out of the way for a time. If the guy is better once the inital frenzy of blows is completed Heldrik will then go into a completely defensive sytle while holding his ground using his blade to deflect the mace and not allow himself to get directly under any of the blows.

Last edited by Thanos; 29th of December, 2004 at 05:18. Reason: erm, other edits
  #60  
Unread 29th of December, 2004, 05:32
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.18 per day)
Leaving the archer for me. Very well, avoiding the Fount and Heldrik's blade the optimum path will be...so.

Swift as thought Rebis sends his tendrils arcing out, smashing into the archer with great force. One strikes his head whilst another wraps around to pin his arms to his body, squeezing with all the strength he can command.

Drax reluctantly remains perched on Rebis' shoulder, alert to anyone trying to sneak up on his friend whilst sparing an occasional glance at the falcon perched on Arrotel' shoulder

Ooh look Rebis - a feathery thing! Wonder if it will be friends with me?
  #61  
Unread 30th of December, 2004, 03:14
Icebird's Avatar
Icebird
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #731
Location: In LaLa Land
Posts: 914 (0.19 per day)
Arrotel will watch for any time that looks safe to send Telloth out into the main room, past Heldrick and the hammer-man's melee, where he can do some good, trusting him to make his own decisions at that point.

"Rebis, can you get me a logrus link with the fount? I'll blast some things, if it works the way I think it does. Pop goes anyone without very fast reflexes or strong magical defenses."

The last line doesn't fit well with the traditional nursery rhyme tune, but Arrotel twists it until it does. Failing a response to the affirmative, he'll start pulling up the pattern sign.
  #62  
Unread 30th of December, 2004, 09:40
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.77 per day)
Trusting that the others will deal with him, Roland turns to fence with the lizard on his left. Smoke licks out counterpoint to the thing's tongue, feinting and stabbing.

Heldrik steps up between the bowyers and engages the armored man. His mass becomes evident as Heldrik steps up to him - he overtops Heldrik by four inches and at least fifty pounds. Looks can be deceiving, though, so Heldrik parries the warhammer with Umbryselir to test his mettle.

Two startling things happen then. First, Heldrik's blade is knocked spinning from his hands, skittering past Roland, bouncing off the wall and coming to rest somewhere on the floor below. Heldrik's hands are numb from the shock of power, both physical and mystical, transmitted up the blade. Second, the warhammer's metal head is cloven in twain where Umbryselir's blade meets it, the two parts thudding painfully into Heldrik before falling to the catwalk's surface nearby. The man looks for a moment in astonishment at the haft of his former weapon he is holding, then drops it and snatches for a grip on Heldrik with his mailed hands.

Rebis reaches past the others, sending his Logrus tendrils toward the archer to strike him in the head and wrap around his body. The head strike works fine, knocking the man against the wall. Wrapping around his body is thwarted when the tendril touches the bow. A psychic shock travels up that tendril, causing Rebis to lose control of it and forcing him to struggle to maintain the Sign. Logrus item, I see...how he dragged that thing through the twists and turns is beyond me...no worse than carrying an egg, I suppose... The man seems to be dazed, at least for the moment, sagging against the door behind him.

Katarzyna drops her bow, yelling to her men, "Keep firing at that archer!" Drawing her sword, she pushes past the struggling men to vault the railing, landing on the floor. The woman near the fount, bloodied but unbowed, makes a flinging gesture at Kat, which she instinctively dodges. The woman throws nothing, but Kat feels as if she has been enmeshed in a net, slowing and smothering her movements. Chopping at the thing with her sword, she begins to struggle free of it.

Telloth sails out into the room, wings beating for altitude inside the spacious chamber. Drax takes off right behind him, flapping less clumsily than one might expect as he tries to follow the agile bird. Once he has gotten as high as he can, Telloth dives on the next lizard behind Roland's opponent, slashing at the thing's eyes as he strikes. The unexpectedness of this attack causes it to succeed, and the thing gives a bellow of rage as it grabs Telloth by a wing and flings him spinning across the room. Telloth flutters to the floor with an indignant squawk, and quickly begins to repair his twisted pinions for proper flight.

Unfortunately for the lizard, Drax is right behind, and the wash of his firey breath ensures the thing's blindness, while Drax's claws and teeth slash at the thing's head and neck in passing.

The woman holding Dunstan, taking in the mayhem, smashes the boy to the floor, where he bounces once and lies still. Rebis can't see her do it, but deduces who did it as the woman casts some kind of Logrus-based spell, forming a defensive matrix of detached tendrils about the archer.

A few deft strokes, and Roland opens several wounds on the lizard in front of him, making sure he avoids rather than parries the thing's smoking sword. Errol Flynn has nothing on Roland as he ducks, leaps, and dodges. Not an efficient way to fight, but fortunately I'm a lot better than this beast...

One of the lizards on the right wall rapidly descends the staircase and starts across the room toward Katarzyna.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 2nd of February, 2011 at 06:47.
  #63  
Unread 30th of December, 2004, 10:20
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.72 per day)
Heldrik, while somewhat shaken, does not let the feeling in his hands distract him. Dozens of campaigns have tought him not to let the unexpected get the best of you. As the armored man takes his first step forward to get within arms reach Heldrik ducks under his grasp, with a slight spin, one hand grasping for a dagger in his boot. With all of his strength he springs out into the main chamber roughly in the direction of his sword yelling, "ROLAND, BEHIND YOU!" while in the air as a dagger from his boot flies towards the bloodied spell caster, as a distraction even if it doesn't hit. If he lands on the ground it is with the expert tuck and roll of a cavalry man used to having his horse cut down from beneath him.
Once on the ground Heldrik retrieves his sword with no hesitation and reviews the situation at hand.

Last edited by Thanos; 30th of December, 2004 at 19:18.
  #64  
Unread 30th of December, 2004, 10:53
Shutter's Avatar
Shutter
Effigy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #840
Posts: 1,748 (0.36 per day)
As the sound of clashing weapons is followed by the sound of a sword skittering accross stone Roland groans inwardly. Not good...

Heldrik:"ROLAND, BEHIND YOU!"
No more time to play nice. Roland smoothly switches from darting strikes to a stronger killing blows aimed at the legs and the head, if that cursed blade needs to be parried, so be it. Time for you to go now.

Once the lizardman is dead Roland will pivot, and shift the bulk of his attention to the man in the armour. He is tempted to shake his shoulder a bit to loosen up and guage any injury left from the bite, but doesn't want to telegraph a weakness so blatantly.
__________________

  #65  
Unread 30th of December, 2004, 23:53
Pygysys's Avatar
Pygysys
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #862
Location: Oz
Posts: 958 (0.20 per day)
A few choice phrases get muttered as Kat continues to hack and chop at what has her trapped, inwardly grateful that her blade is having an effect on the mystical net. Catching sight of the rapidly approaching lizardman, Kat's efforts quickly double as she struggles to free herself in time. Cruzzak! I really don't want to be this lizard's catch of the day.
  #66  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 00:25
Tamarind's Avatar
Tamarind
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #900
Posts: 859 (0.18 per day)
Rebis, can you get me a logrus link with the fount? I'll blast some things, if it works the way I think it does. Pop goes anyone without very fast reflexes or strong magical defenses."
"Alas no - do you have any trumps of your allies below? If so and they are still concious you might be able to effect a rescue..."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 31st of December, 2004 at 07:21.
  #67  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 02:21
Icebird's Avatar
Icebird
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #731
Location: In LaLa Land
Posts: 914 (0.19 per day)
"No trumps of anyone still conscious. If it gets too much worse, I'll call in Benedict, But I'd rather try to deal with this ourselves first."

When the pattern sign comes up, Arrotel will try to reach through it for the fount. If that doesn't work, he'll try any other things of that nature that come to mind, such as visualizing the fount like a trump, and finally, if all that fails, see if he can throw the sign like an oversized frisbee at the sorceress.

I don't know how pattern sorcery works, but it certainly does work. Now might be a good time to find out, perhaps.
  #68  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 08:01
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.77 per day)
As Heldrik tries to duck under the man's clutch, his mailed hands grasp Heldrik's clothing from the back and pick Heldrik off the ground. A judo-throw later, and Heldrik is sent flying in Roland's direction. His only consolation is the dagger in his hand, which slides harmlessly off the man's armor.

Meanwhile Roland beats the Chaos blade aside and Smoke cuts through the lizard's left knee, losing a bit of feeling in his hands but causing the critter to fall against the railing, then through it as the rail gives way. The satisfying thud of it hitting the gound is echoed by the impact of Heldrik onto Roland as he turns. Both men instinctively move their weapons out of the way of the other, but go down in a heap.

Katarzyna continues to loosen her bonds, feeling like she is struggling through molasses, with a rubber sheet thrown over her for extras.

Slowly moving forward, Rebis detaches a tendril to loop around himself, where it writhes, waiting to intercept anything detrimental to Rebis. Reaching for two more tendrils, he matches his arms to their motions and, as soon as he can, strikes for the big man. First one, then the other tendril is wrapped around the man, but he can do no more than slow him down, so strong is he. "Kerra!" the man cries, and the sorceress near the fount turns her attention from Kat to him. Rebis finds himself in a wrestling match with the woman's tendrils as they wrap about his - and hers seem stronger.

Arrotel finds that he canot affect the Fount with his Pattern lens, nor use it as a Trump aid, nor can he unfortunately push the Sign more than about five feet from his own body. Even more unfortunately, in all this flailing, he whacks Rebis with the edge of the slowly rotating disk, and the resulting clash causes feedback resulting in Arrotel losing the Pattern and Rebis all his Tendrils. Oops.

A bit of sunshine breaks through the clouds, as Ethan, from point-blank range, drills the big man in the jaw with an arrow, dropping him like he was poleaxed. The clouds roll in again as the archer across the room, a look of cold rage on his face, sends one of his shafts through Ethan's chest, narrowly missing Arrotel but punching right through both garrison troops.

Heldrik, landing next to the broken railing, takes the opportunity to roll off the catwalk and drop to the floor next to the one-legged lizard, scrambling for his blade.

Telloth takes wing again, slowly gaining altitude. Drax, seeing the other lizards across the room, swoops towards them, breathing a thin stream of fire, which the lizard dodges. Dragon claws meet lizard claws, and Drax is knocked out of the air to to floor in a tangle of limbs and wings. He rights himself, and begins licking the claw marks on his chest, while the lizard continues on around toward the fallen armored man.

Kat finally breaks free of her restraint, only to find her feet pinned to the floor at a gesture from the sorceress on the catwalk above. The woman by the fount backs up toward the left stairway, and casts some sort of spell seemingly on herself. The lizard on the floor switches his goal, heading now for Heldrik and his fallen comrade.

Josh's fallen body in the corner shimmers, and fades in a wash of rainbow colors. Somehow, he Trumped - or was Trumped - out.

Roland rolls to his feet, Smoke in hand, looking for his next move.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 31st of December, 2004 at 08:04.
  #69  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 10:23
Shutter's Avatar
Shutter
Effigy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #840
Posts: 1,748 (0.36 per day)
Gah, damnit... Coming up from the tangle relatively unharmed, but still hating that feeling in his hands, Roland scans the scene for new details. The arrow moving past him does not bode well for the archers in the doorway. Someone dropped the big man...is he dead?
__________________


Last edited by Shutter; 31st of December, 2004 at 10:28.
  #70  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 10:30
LynMars's Avatar
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #836
Posts: 2,661 (0.55 per day)
Upstairs in Jasra's Room

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun "Well, in any case, there's no rush. You're young yet. Just keep what I've said in mind...and if you ever need an outsider's viewpoint, I'm here. I'm sure your aunts have all sorts of plans for you...even your uncles, depending on their bent...the important thing is, don't let them push you around! Be your own woman! But no one stands alone. Make your alliances wisely. I'm sure your father will do his best but he won't always be there to help you, even if he wants to be. Just remember, love is overrated."
"Um, thank you ma'am...I'll...keep that in mind." Raevyn wonders how in the world the conversation got on this track, and what's going on with the Fount. 'I dare not try to Trump anyone yet, I don't want to interrupt them if they're....But are they okay...?'

Raevyn fans her Trumps, looks at them briefly. She debates checking the hallway, but stays in her seat next to Jasra, waiting. She sighs. "There has to be someway I can help them, but...I don't know what I can do, really, and not from here. Trumping may distract them, and I have no sorcery...but waiting to find out what's happened to them..." She clamps her mouth shut, realizing she spoke outloud without meaning to, really.
  #71  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 12:08
Icebird's Avatar
Icebird
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #731
Location: In LaLa Land
Posts: 914 (0.19 per day)
After he accidently blasts Rebis, Arrotel stands up again and dusts himself off.

"Just thought I might give our enemies a chance, eh? Now back to not killing eachother, again."

Let's not do that again... What next?

He'll drag Ethan out of the line of sight from the doorway as best he can, after which he'll try and pull up the sign again and deflect any sorcery or logrus tendrils coming from the sorceress.

I've never been much good in a fight... but I feel downright useless here. Perhaps it's time for more fencing lessons from Dad after this is over.
  #72  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 12:25
Pygysys's Avatar
Pygysys
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #862
Location: Oz
Posts: 958 (0.20 per day)
Finding her feet pinned, Kat casts an incredulous stare at the sorceress on the catwalk and again mutters a curse under her breath. Rather than struggle, she just prepares to defend herself against any attacks that might come her way. She looks to the archer also, waiting to see what his next move is and who he might choose as his next target.
  #73  
Unread 31st of December, 2004, 18:03
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.72 per day)
Unless the downed lizards sword is within easy kicking distance Heldrik scambles for his own sword, knowing that he is pretty much screwed if it comes to hand to hand combat with most of these things. Once he scoops it up he prepares for combat with the lizard men that have been coming his way.
Heldrik will try to pull the unharmed lizard man out of range of the hurt one so that they can't both come at him all at once. In fighting the active one he will try and hurt the guy so that he can't hurt the trapped Kat if Heldrik goes down.
  #74  
Unread 1st of January, 2005, 12:43
Shutter's Avatar
Shutter
Effigy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #840
Posts: 1,748 (0.36 per day)
Not dead, but not in good shape either. Checking first for impending arrows Roland darts over to the man in armour, noting that Kat hasn't moved from her position on the floor. Damn magicians...Damn, they got Ethan. Roland quickly ducks down and grabs a bow and quiver from the dead guardsmen. Can't take my eye off that archer...he's too damn good....Hmmm.

Roland tosses the bow and quiver down towards Kat, probably a laborious proccess given that he may be dodging/deflecting incoming fire in the meantime.
__________________

  #75  
Unread 2nd of January, 2005, 00:58
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.77 per day)
Originally Posted by LynMars " She sighs. "There has to be someway I can help them, but...I don't know what I can do, really, and not from here. Trumping may distract them, and I have no sorcery...but waiting to find out what's happened to them..." She clamps her mouth shut, realizing she spoke outloud without meaning to, really.
"Well, if you are concerned, do you have any other allies you could call? I am beginning to recover my senses, if not my strength. Good news, they have not gained control of the Fount. Bad news, they have not stopped trying. Where are my husband's men? Guard!"

One of the guards steps inside: "Yes, milady?"

"Send word to the Lions, they are to assault the Inner Keep with the aim of regaining control of it. Try to capture rather than kill any interlopers, and help any why seem to be defending the Fount."

"But milady...the Lions have turned against us! Even now, they are barricaded in their barracks, while we hold them there, for we are too few to carry an assault." He looks distressed, as one might expect.

"There must be some mistake, or treachery. I must call my husband...my dear, open that drawer there in the bedside table. Yes, that's the one. Hand me the Trumps there, please." If Raevyn does, she shuffles out Dalt's. "I am weak, will you assist me please in calling him? And, if by some chance he has betrayed us or is under some compulsion, be prepared to defend us."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren