Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > The Cult

Closed Thread
Unread 18th of August, 2007, 02:37
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Hillary, Niko, Paul, David, John

Gale gives her head a little shake, as if to clear it. She always was tough; she'll get through this. Maybe leave some cracks in that armor. Paul is only half-ashamed at that thought. It occurs to him as it has before that emotionally invulnerable people often make poor friends. "Maybe those people can tell us something. It looks like they won the argument."

When Paul gets up, he encounters a mid-twentyish woman with brown hair, brown eyes and a warm downhome southern drawl. "Hey there; y'all all right? Looks like we got a breather for now." She looks nonthreatening. She also looks nonplussed when the man ignores her for the moment to head backward into the damaged shelving.

Off to the right stands a slim, somewhat younger man, looking awkward as he looks around the warehouse for more trouble. The group of others breaks, leaving a thirtysomething woman with a hard face and a submachine gun with the two fallen enemies and the big fire-man.

The woman gets two other men, bodyguard or ex-military types by their equipment and demeanor, to wrapping up the fallen with ninety-mile-an-hour tape.

When Paul drags Vicki's body out of the rubble, the young man and woman pause to see what he's doing. The older woman keeps a sharp eye on them as her men restrain the fallen.
Unread 18th of August, 2007, 06:32
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #865
Paul nods to the young woman with the southern drawl as he takes little care dragging Vicki to be bound as the rest, "I'm Paul Hunting. This is Dave Fertelli," he jerks his head respectively.

"and Gale..." her last name sticks in his throat, "...she needs help."

He lets Vicki's body fall hard on the cement when he gets it to the others. "This trash is Vicki. She's one of...his..Narcs." He glances over at the eldest Orabono's fallen body and it takes every fiber of his being to not rend the object of his hatred limb from limb. He clenches his fists digging his nails into his palms to keep from drawing his gun and emptying the clip in Justin's helpless face.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 18th of August, 2007 at 06:42.
Unread 18th of August, 2007, 07:51
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #836
Hillary smiles, and her voice is richly melodic without even trying for the sing-song tone. "I'm Hillary Crandell, that's Niko Teleway, and Til Johnson. Guy on the ground's Conan O'Reilly...I shoulda tried to calm him down, maybe, before Moriel did it his way..." She shakes her head.

"Anyway, we're s'posed to sit tight for now, watch out for that woman who got away, and wait for the others to come back." She looks over Gale, and smiles reassuringly. "We'll see about getting you some help, Til will likely know more about that, and Niko's got ability with electronics."

She hesitates a little, and looks sheepishly at Dave and Paul. "So what's your story? We're here to help, but I dunno much beyond that, kinda new to this whole gig..."
Unread 18th of August, 2007, 13:01
Wired*Nun

The two mortals add Vicki to the pile, using up rolls and rolls of tape. They tape her hands into fists as well, pointing her nails at her own palms.

"Yeah, we know this bitch," replies Till dispassionately. "Gonna be satisfying sending them all to Chambers. Till, like Hillary said. Pleased ta meetcha." She nods at Paul and the other two, eyes roving the area for further problems. She turns her attention on Gale, sharp expression softening. "I can imagine what she went through. To Orabono, others are just things. Dr. Spann is supposed to be standing by to come in when we've got everything cleared. She will help her." She makes no move to go over to Gale, though, keeping her attention roving, and one eye on the hole in the wall.

"So what's your story? We're here to help, but I dunno much beyond that, kinda new to this whole gig..."
Till chimes in, "Yes...and what are your Gifts if I may ask. Normally I'm not so rude, but I think we need to know in case of more trouble. I can teleport. Hillary sings songs that do many things. Niko gets inside electronics."
Unread 19th of August, 2007, 02:19
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

"A week ago Vicki, on Orabono's order, tried to Final me before I Changed. Played on my better nature. An Elohim sent Dave to make sure that didn't happen.

"She would have succeed if it wasn't for my Gift. Dave faired only slightly better. He spent the week in the hospital with Spann. I spent half the week in the morgue.

"Night picked us up this morning, and that's the reason they hit us tonight." His voice drops as he grits his teeth, "And why he had Gale..."

He takes a steadying breath, "Night's Foresight indicated I'm important somehow. He told us to evac to this point, but it landed us shit storm ground zero."

He looks from one to the other settling on Till, "Not rude at all. Not that I'd know otherwise in different circumstances. Dr. Spann says that I heal as fast as an Elder."
Unread 19th of August, 2007, 05:54
Wired*Nun

Till raises one eyebrow, spocklike. "A one-week noobie and you heal like an Elder? Be interesting to see what you will do once you grow your Gift, and what else may manifest. Some healers grow into shapechangers, some into benders or even mutate into some pretty wierd stuff. The Gift supercharges the body. Sometimes it copes in bizarre ways."

He takes a steadying breath, "Night's Foresight indicated I'm important somehow. He told us to evac to this point, but it landed us shit storm ground zero."
Till looks sour. "Night was always an overconfident bastard. One of Mesmer's fair-haired boys, pardon the irony. Always having these Insights. Problem is, if he had to interpret his own Insights, he was usually wrong. I'd take any grand visions of being Neo with a big grain of salt. Ask Mesmer, when you see him. He sometimes gives straight answers." She snorts, and Paul suddenly realizes who she strongly resembles - that character "Switch", from The Matrix. Maybe she cultivates it. "There are a million predictions of messiahs and shit like that. I live in the day-to-day here. Let the Elders worry about that apocalypse crap."

Then she looks speculative. "There must be something to it, though...Orabono believed it, believed some part, if he tried to have you Finaled. Still, half of us are on his permanent shit list, so that's nothing unique." She seems to be trying to talk herself into, or out of, something.

"What about you?" she says, looking at Fertelli.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 19th of August, 2007 at 05:57.
Unread 20th of August, 2007, 03:12
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Now that she mentioned it, Night does kinda put me in the mind of Morpheus.

With Till's focus temporarily diverted, Paul looks over at Gale and then Hillary noting their reaction to the conversation.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 20th of August, 2007 at 04:43.
Unread 20th of August, 2007, 09:59
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Fertelli keeps his eyes and ears open and his mouth closed through most of the conversation, letting Paul do that talking while he made sure that Paul didn't somehow get capped. More people like us, the reinforcements it seems.

Once asked David smiles and says, "Well other than being a cop, I tend to move fast when I need to and I seem to be able to take a hit," pointing to his shoulder, "and keep going for a while. I was having a real hard time with that Ninja-Gaden guy, pumped two clips into him and even at his sword with noth'n to show for it."
Unread 21st of August, 2007, 05:21
Icebird
Bodak

Member: #731
Niko pays little attention to the newcomers except to glance up when he's introduced and give a short nod. Mostly, he's listening worriedly to the two radios in his possession, occasionally flipping between channels on them.

We got through this one pretty well, except for that Night guy. Now they're off looking for the main assault, with a smaller group and less surprise.
Unread 21st of August, 2007, 11:40
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Hillary listens and nods along at Paul and Dave's stories, and lets Till say anything she chooses. She smiles reassuringly at the others, and when Paul looks her way, it's friendly.

'Newbies like us, and tossed into a combat zone like us. And people seem to think that guy's got something to him..they may be back...And why do I feel like I'm forgetting something...?'

"Like Till says, I sing. Still figurin' out the things I can do with it all, but...so far, seems like a wide spectrum." She rubs the back of her neck, expression sheepish.
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 02:06
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

"Those three were a potent combination. Offense, mental, and untouchable physically. Can I assume that your songs forced the ninja guy to become solid enough for somebody to tag him and make the others killable or was that somebody else?"
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 03:34
Wired*Nun

Niko finds some chatter on the enemy radio about a dragon flying above and breathing fire on people. There's nothing on their own channels. Unfortunately there's nothing electronic that he can hook into other than his laptop, which only has a few minutes of power left. With the generator off, there is nowhere to plug it in...unless maybe there is some other power source, if he can figure it out.

Once they get the Narcs bound up, the two mortal bodyguards head up to the roof to keep watch on the outside.
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 06:41
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Hillary shakes her head. "Oh no, that wasn't me. I mainly opened the door, encouraged our guys, and confused the enemies. I really didn't see what all else was going on; it's not like armed combat is something I'm exactly used to."
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 07:58
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

"OK. Well whomever did take that guy down has my thanks. We were eggs in a frying pan until that guy got taken out. Any communications from the stronghold, do they need reinforcements?"
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 10:58
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Paul looks at Hillary and nods, "Dave's got this shit down cold. I'm just lucky I didn't blow us up. Used to be a mild mannered teacher." He glances over at Gale unease coloring his features. He's obviously torn between trying to be comforting and keeping his space.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 22nd of August, 2007 at 11:28.
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 14:13
Wired*Nun

Originally Posted by Thanos # "OK. Well whomever did take that guy down has my thanks. We were eggs in a frying pan until that guy got taken out. Any communications from the stronghold, do they need reinforcements?"
"Probably Lenny with his brainpower, though I've never seen him so effective before." Till taps the bug in her ear. "Can't get anything. They're either all dead, underground, or have equipment failure. Batman and Robin took Kung Fu and Invisible Girl to see if they can do anything. Haven't heard from them either, but with Prestige-man and Ninja-boy down for the count, those left in the stronghold shouldn't be too much for our guys to handle. We hold here until relieved."

She says all this in a droll, comic-bookish manner that strikes Gale as terribly funny. She starts giggling hysterically, and has to hold on to Paul for support. This feels pretty good to him, even if it is just a release of nervous tension or a delay of grief.
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 15:01
Icebird
Bodak

"They're not dead," Niko chimes in from the side. "I'm sure the enemy would at least have mentioned it on their radio if they'd taken out four nephs. Puff is keeping them distracted, but they haven't even noticed our guys." He finally gives in to aftershock-exhaustion and sits leaned against the wall, the captured radio cradled in his lap.

Originally Posted by TreyKincaide # "Dave's got this shit down cold. I'm just lucky I didn't blow us up. Used to be a mild mannered teacher."
"And I still am a mild mannered hacker. I fired two shots at an inanimate object, and one of them missed."
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 01:37
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Dave grins at Niko's last comment, but otherwise tries to stay alert and ready to go.

Everything is a test, right?
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 14:08
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Paul stands there wondering about Gale mental well being and cracks a half grin over at the young man. One hand drifts to a pocket and pulls out a crumbled pack of cigarettes. He shakes a little as he puts one to his mouth and the high of combat fades leaving him replaying the skirmish over in his mind.

"Hell of a day to come back from the dead," Paul punctuates with a long exhale of smoke.
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 01:04
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

"Not that it would likely effect you and your lungs Paul, but I wounder if one of us without your regenerative abilities could actually die of lung cancer and come back? Something to ponder while we wait I guess."
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 07:45
Wired*Nun

Till responds, "Pretty much no. Normal Neph hardiness is usually proof against such as is common to man. Smoke away. In fact, I could use one."
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 08:51
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Hillary only steps off toward Niko as Paul lights up, but doesn't really give an indication one way or another on her preference; besides, not like she's not used to smoky barrooms. She looks down at the stolen radio.

"I hope the others are okay...If Puff's still flyin' around though, then at least Harry's doin' all right. How're ya feelin', Niko?"
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 10:41
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Paul shrugs and produces the crumpled pack. He tosses it to Til, "Keep 'em. I usually don't smoke except when I'm grading papers."

He exhales through his nose, "From the little we've learned, Dave, I'm inclined to agree with Til. Science fails to describe this whacked out shit. Otherwise, I'd be more likely to get cancer than you because the cells in my body'd likely go out of control from spontaneous regen."

Again he looks over at Gale and wonders what she makes of what's being said or if she was traumatized with no clue of anything around her.
Unread 26th of August, 2007, 03:02
Wired*Nun

"Science is bullshit," replies Till. "To us, things happen because someone makes them happen. You, me, Allah, Vishnu, the angel Gabriel, the Amityville horror. Maybe there's some uber-science that we can't see, but I doubt it. It's force of will that matters."

Gale is still clinging to Paul, listening to the conversation with puzzlement. However, she seems too overwhelmed to process it anyway. She needs rest and counseling and...maybe Dr. Spann can help her.
Unread 27th of August, 2007, 15:09
Icebird
Bodak

"Fine. I'll feel better when they get back safely," is all he says when Hillary sits down next to him. Not the most talkative type, at least when the subject is himself.

"Science still runs my computer every day," Niko responds, feeling that at least someone ought to speak up on its behalf. "It doesn't seem to apply to us very well anymore, but that bullshit makes your gun work."

Last edited by Icebird; 27th of August, 2007 at 15:11.
Closed Thread