Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Linklegacy77's Games > Cordrean

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 30th of July, 2007, 12:38
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.42 per day)
Prologue: The meeting

CRACK!- The brute's arm breaks and he falls to the ground as his feet are swept out from under him. The medic rushes into the arena to make sure he receives aid, and the victor raises his arms to the sky, basking in the glorious radiance of his adoring fans. The owner of the Arena, and leader of the Cole Coliseum guild nods to the arena's mage, and a spell is cast. A moment later, his voice rings through the arena.

"We have a winner! Hubald Mondas is your champion today! He has earned the right to participate in future tournaments, and he is well on his way to being the greatest. Now, we shall pick out two people in the audience to meet with this mighty warrior!"

************************************************

Mollien is definately enjoying the show, watching carefully to learn what she can of various fighting styles, when the match ends all too quickly. The announcer speaks for a while, but with the jeering fans next to her, she can't quite make out the last sentence. A moment later, an arena guard taps her on the shoulder and directs her to follow him.

************************************************

As usual, Alexander is hanging out in the arena enjoying the show, since he's got nothing better to do. When the guard taps him on the shoulder, he knows he's been selected to meet with Hubald. The guard motions for him to follow, and begins to walk toward the outer hallway.

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 6th of August, 2007 at 07:32.
  #2  
Unread 30th of July, 2007, 14:06
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
Alex smiles, and follows. "Nice. So what's with this Hubauld, anyways? He a nice guy?"
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
  #3  
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 01:28
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
Mollie's stomach clenches in a sudden burst of nerves, but when other folks around her begin to clap, she realizes she has been selected for something good. She follows the guard out of the arena, her eyes alert and watchful.
  #4  
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 02:33
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
Hubald stands arms over his head for a few seconds, enjoying this sweet short moment of black and white. Vistory is his, for now. Going over his opponent and congratulating him on a well fought duel, he can see how good the medics are at the Coliseum. He has had need of them too, on some of his first duels.

Knowing full well that his day is not done, Hubald waits on the arena ground, slowly drying off the sweat on his body.
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #5  
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 03:37
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.42 per day)
A guard approaches Hubald, directing him over to the gladiator's entrance in order for him to receive his award, and to meet with some of the spectators, one of the agreements that he made in order to enter this match.

************************************************

Mollie is lead through several exterior hallways and down some stairs to the main lobby, where she is told to wait for Hubald.

************************************************

The guard responds to Alexander's question with a rather... severe attitude.
"How should I know? Just doing my job, you were picked. C'mon, I need to get you down there. Follow me please."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #6  
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 04:49
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
"Wait for Hubald? You mean, I get to meet him?"
Her pulse begins racing and she tries to think of what she will say to the champion.
  #7  
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 15:42
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
Alex sighs. "You're boring. Alright, alright, I'm coming." He says, and continues to follow the guard.
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
  #8  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 01:22
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.42 per day)
Alex enters the room to see a woman standing there, looking around slightly awed. Hubald isn't yet here. A few moments later, however, the doors open and in strides the champion.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #9  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 02:37
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
The sight of Hubald is somewhat of a letdown. He isn't your typical arena fighter with broad shoulders and visible musculature. He is quite short and his nose is crooked, forever turning slightly to the right from his perspective. He actually stands shorter than Mollie and almost a head shorter than Alex.

Upon entering the room with a towel to dry himself off, he smiles to the two strangers and steps towards them.

" Hello, I am Hubald Mondas. I am very pleased to meet you both "
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #10  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 04:23
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
Mollie clears her throat and then offers her hand to Hubald. "I am Mollie Shenterra - it is an honor to meet you. I've watched you in the arena many times."
__________________

  #11  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 05:14
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
Blushing slightly at the female attention he answers jokingly and winking to cover his discomfort: " If you have, you probably made some coins off of my hard work! " He then shakes the offered hand solidly.
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #12  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 14:48
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
Alex smirked. "'Lo, champ." He says first off, his hands remaining stuffed in his pockets. "Tell you one thing, you're certainly a good source of entertainment."
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
  #13  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 21:13
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
"That I may be but a champion I am not yet. I never won anything but small meets. I hope one day to enter in bigger tournament to test myself further. I love one on one duels of great fighters. Do you?"
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #14  
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 22:06
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
"I do," Mollie says, glancing at Alex. "When is your next fight?"
  #15  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 02:11
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
"Well, you're the champ in my books, champ." He chuckles slightly. "Either way, I'm Alex Fraus. Pleasure meetin' you."
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
  #16  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 03:24
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
" Pleasure meeting you too."
Turning to the lady : " I do not have a next one yet but like I said, I am hoping to get an invitation to one of the more important tournaments. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. "

Suddenly realizing these two do no act like many of the regular people Hubald has met in the past, his curiosity takes the better of him. Hesitating slightly and clearing his throat, he tentatively asks: " I am curious, you two are not like allthe people I usually meet after matches, would you mind telling me your trade? "
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #17  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 10:30
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
Alex thought for a moment. Obviously, he wasn't going to say he was a ninja; that was more or less a hobby, anyways, and didn't make him any money. "I don't work." He answered truthfully. "My parents support me, 'cause I'm lazy. Might stop soon, though, they're like, ordering me to get some gold myself for a change, 'cause dad's retiring." He shrugged.
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
  #18  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 10:41
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
" Well that can be a good thing. Change is a strong force in our lives. "
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #19  
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 11:23
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
Mollie frowns slightly at Alex's lack of work, but then says, "I work leather - have since I was old enough to ply a skinning tool; my Pa taught me all I know about the trade. And I'm trained in sword and spear too - some I learned in the streets, some outside the city."
  #20  
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 03:34
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
" Your trade is a good one. I am good at a few things but lack a trade. Fortunately, my matches here in the Arena pay for my expenses. "
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #21  
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 07:16
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.42 per day)
The talk continues for a few minutes, when the doors to the room open and in comes an arena represantative, carrying some paper and a necklace, with a small emerald pendant.

"Here you are Hubald, your entry signet. This will show everybody that you've completed the required matches to participate in tournaments, and gives you the right to challenge people and participate in exhibition battles. Good luck to you in the future." The man then bows, and walks out, not even looking at Mollie or Alex.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #22  
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 11:24
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
When the man leaves, Mollie says, "Exhibition battles, eh? That sounds like fun. Is there anyone in town you would want to challenge, Hubald?"
  #23  
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 12:19
My Fellow Gamers's Avatar
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1506
Location: a rapidly melting Igloo in Canada
Posts: 1,515 (0.35 per day)
".....euh Thank you!" comes out just before the door closes. Putting on the small necklace, after Mollie's question, Hubald goes in a darker place and adds in a low voice, mumbling his words: " There is a few I can think of......." Coming out of his little moment, Hubald cheers up and says: " I am always hungry after a duel, are you two up for a good meal and some storytelling? "
__________________
I am a yes person. Are you?
  #24  
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 21:25
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,835 (0.44 per day)
"Gods yes! I'm starving!" Mollie says. "Hope you're not too proud to let a girl buy you dinner, Hubald!" She turns to Alex and says, "You coming too, Alex?"
  #25  
Unread 4th of August, 2007, 15:01
Anori's Avatar
Anori
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member: #1645
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 377 (0.09 per day)
"Sure thing, I've got nothing better to do." Alex smirks. "You buying for me, too?"
__________________
Ogres: "Y'know, we're probably going to eat you."
Carrier of one Benicus Man-Card, one omni-roach Cockroach, and one generaljimXCamo, and one Jimmboe Seal of Approval.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren