Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Linklegacy77's Games > Cordrean

Unread 30th of July, 2007, 12:38
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
Prologue: The meeting

CRACK!- The brute's arm breaks and he falls to the ground as his feet are swept out from under him. The medic rushes into the arena to make sure he receives aid, and the victor raises his arms to the sky, basking in the glorious radiance of his adoring fans. The owner of the Arena, and leader of the Cole Coliseum guild nods to the arena's mage, and a spell is cast. A moment later, his voice rings through the arena.

"We have a winner! Hubald Mondas is your champion today! He has earned the right to participate in future tournaments, and he is well on his way to being the greatest. Now, we shall pick out two people in the audience to meet with this mighty warrior!"

Mollien is definately enjoying the show, watching carefully to learn what she can of various fighting styles, when the match ends all too quickly. The announcer speaks for a while, but with the jeering fans next to her, she can't quite make out the last sentence. A moment later, an arena guard taps her on the shoulder and directs her to follow him.

As usual, Alexander is hanging out in the arena enjoying the show, since he's got nothing better to do. When the guard taps him on the shoulder, he knows he's been selected to meet with Hubald. The guard motions for him to follow, and begins to walk toward the outer hallway.

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 6th of August, 2007 at 07:32.
Unread 30th of July, 2007, 14:06
Anori
Wight

Member: #1645
Alex smiles, and follows. "Nice. So what's with this Hubauld, anyways? He a nice guy?"
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 01:28
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Member: #1690
Mollie's stomach clenches in a sudden burst of nerves, but when other folks around her begin to clap, she realizes she has been selected for something good. She follows the guard out of the arena, her eyes alert and watchful.
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 02:33
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Member: #1506
Hubald stands arms over his head for a few seconds, enjoying this sweet short moment of black and white. Vistory is his, for now. Going over his opponent and congratulating him on a well fought duel, he can see how good the medics are at the Coliseum. He has had need of them too, on some of his first duels.

Knowing full well that his day is not done, Hubald waits on the arena ground, slowly drying off the sweat on his body.
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 03:37
Linklegacy77

A guard approaches Hubald, directing him over to the gladiator's entrance in order for him to receive his award, and to meet with some of the spectators, one of the agreements that he made in order to enter this match.

Mollie is lead through several exterior hallways and down some stairs to the main lobby, where she is told to wait for Hubald.

The guard responds to Alexander's question with a rather... severe attitude.
"How should I know? Just doing my job, you were picked. C'mon, I need to get you down there. Follow me please."
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 04:49
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

"Wait for Hubald? You mean, I get to meet him?"
Her pulse begins racing and she tries to think of what she will say to the champion.
Unread 31st of July, 2007, 15:42
Anori
Wight

Alex sighs. "You're boring. Alright, alright, I'm coming." He says, and continues to follow the guard.
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 01:22
Linklegacy77

Alex enters the room to see a woman standing there, looking around slightly awed. Hubald isn't yet here. A few moments later, however, the doors open and in strides the champion.
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 02:37
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

The sight of Hubald is somewhat of a letdown. He isn't your typical arena fighter with broad shoulders and visible musculature. He is quite short and his nose is crooked, forever turning slightly to the right from his perspective. He actually stands shorter than Mollie and almost a head shorter than Alex.

Upon entering the room with a towel to dry himself off, he smiles to the two strangers and steps towards them.

" Hello, I am Hubald Mondas. I am very pleased to meet you both "
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 04:23
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Mollie clears her throat and then offers her hand to Hubald. "I am Mollie Shenterra - it is an honor to meet you. I've watched you in the arena many times."

Unread 1st of August, 2007, 05:14
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Blushing slightly at the female attention he answers jokingly and winking to cover his discomfort: " If you have, you probably made some coins off of my hard work! " He then shakes the offered hand solidly.
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 14:48
Anori
Wight

Alex smirked. "'Lo, champ." He says first off, his hands remaining stuffed in his pockets. "Tell you one thing, you're certainly a good source of entertainment."
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 21:13
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

"That I may be but a champion I am not yet. I never won anything but small meets. I hope one day to enter in bigger tournament to test myself further. I love one on one duels of great fighters. Do you?"
Unread 1st of August, 2007, 22:06
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

"I do," Mollie says, glancing at Alex. "When is your next fight?"
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 02:11
Anori
Wight

"Well, you're the champ in my books, champ." He chuckles slightly. "Either way, I'm Alex Fraus. Pleasure meetin' you."
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 03:24
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Pleasure meeting you too."
Turning to the lady : " I do not have a next one yet but like I said, I am hoping to get an invitation to one of the more important tournaments. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. "

Suddenly realizing these two do no act like many of the regular people Hubald has met in the past, his curiosity takes the better of him. Hesitating slightly and clearing his throat, he tentatively asks: " I am curious, you two are not like allthe people I usually meet after matches, would you mind telling me your trade? "
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 10:30
Anori
Wight

Alex thought for a moment. Obviously, he wasn't going to say he was a ninja; that was more or less a hobby, anyways, and didn't make him any money. "I don't work." He answered truthfully. "My parents support me, 'cause I'm lazy. Might stop soon, though, they're like, ordering me to get some gold myself for a change, 'cause dad's retiring." He shrugged.
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 10:41
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Well that can be a good thing. Change is a strong force in our lives. "
Unread 2nd of August, 2007, 11:23
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Mollie frowns slightly at Alex's lack of work, but then says, "I work leather - have since I was old enough to ply a skinning tool; my Pa taught me all I know about the trade. And I'm trained in sword and spear too - some I learned in the streets, some outside the city."
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 03:34
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Your trade is a good one. I am good at a few things but lack a trade. Fortunately, my matches here in the Arena pay for my expenses. "
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 07:16
Linklegacy77

The talk continues for a few minutes, when the doors to the room open and in comes an arena represantative, carrying some paper and a necklace, with a small emerald pendant.

"Here you are Hubald, your entry signet. This will show everybody that you've completed the required matches to participate in tournaments, and gives you the right to challenge people and participate in exhibition battles. Good luck to you in the future." The man then bows, and walks out, not even looking at Mollie or Alex.
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 11:24
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

When the man leaves, Mollie says, "Exhibition battles, eh? That sounds like fun. Is there anyone in town you would want to challenge, Hubald?"
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 12:19
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

".....euh Thank you!" comes out just before the door closes. Putting on the small necklace, after Mollie's question, Hubald goes in a darker place and adds in a low voice, mumbling his words: " There is a few I can think of......." Coming out of his little moment, Hubald cheers up and says: " I am always hungry after a duel, are you two up for a good meal and some storytelling? "
Unread 3rd of August, 2007, 21:25
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

"Gods yes! I'm starving!" Mollie says. "Hope you're not too proud to let a girl buy you dinner, Hubald!" She turns to Alex and says, "You coming too, Alex?"
Unread 4th of August, 2007, 15:01
Anori
Wight

"Sure thing, I've got nothing better to do." Alex smirks. "You buying for me, too?"