Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

View Poll Results: Cheer or Boo each contestant
Cheer Del 3 75.00%
Boo Del 1 25.00%
Cheer Elgin 3 75.00%
Boo Elgin 1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 02:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Gladiator Tournament II - Loser's Pig Tail: Elgin vs. Del

Here we are for what is probably the least anticipated match of the tournament.

Don't be so mean. Elgin and Del may have lost their pig tail matches, but they still have a fighting chance.

"Fighting" is the word then. If either of these two competitors wins the tournament, they'll have battled their way through the highest number of matches.

That's true, and it's a fact which is bound to put some strain on the funds they're allowed to allocate towards recovery between matches before the tournament ends.

Strain? Hell, Elgin's already burned through more than half of those funds after having Grindle killed and being killed himself at the hands of The Cloud of Death.

Enough talk. Let's get this match started. Elgin and Del, introduce yourselves to the crowd.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 1.75
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: -0.5
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/7/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Elgin and Del have 24 hours to post their round 1 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvE.JPG (209.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DvELL.JPG (122.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvELR.JPG (135.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUL.JPG (121.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUR.JPG (126.7 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #2  
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 02:23
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.60 per day)
Elgin stretches the aches out of his body, cracks his neck and surveys the site. Seeing, finally, a competitor not bristling with quills or on fire or enveloped in a cloud of smoke, Elgin laughs.

Ho, Del! Greetings and well met. Let's prepare for a right honest bout!

Elgin also calls his companion, Grindle, to meet him near the large platform. Let the squeaky ferocity begin.

eek!

Elgin takes a few steps toward Grindle himself, then proceeds to demonstrate his mastery of the halberd, executing a series of spins, twirls and precise chops in order to whip up the crowd!

[Grindle to withdraw to L18, Elgin to move to K12, then perform a weapon drill (+25) to impress the crowd]
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
  #3  
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 11:44
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.35 per day)
Del actually finds himself looking forward to this match. Oddly enough, Del really isn't that familiar with fighting other Elves, Humans on the other hand he had fought plenty of. Hearing Elgin's greeting a grin spreads across his face. It seems he is not the only one pleased with the match up.

Well met Elgin! Honest it shall be then. But let's not forget the crowd. We will show them a real battle!

Calling for Fu to follow, Del moves around the random walls and up onto a platform. Del casts a spell on Fu and readies himself for the match to begin.

[Command Fu to Come as a Free Action. Move to T23, then O23, jumping up onto the platform there. Cast Animal Growth on Fu.

Fu will move to R26, T24, T23 and Q23, ending up in R/Q-22/23 (when Large).]
  #4  
Unread 4th of April, 2007, 07:41
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Initiative:
Elgin: 24
Del: 23
Stone Golem: 14
Fu: 13
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6

Elgin moves and makes a Perform (weapon drill) check to impress the crowd. 27 vs. DC 35. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.

Del commands Fu to come.
Del moves, jumping up onto a platform. DC 10 Jump is automatic.
Del casts animal growth on Fu.

Stone Golem takes no action.

Fu moves.

Grindle moves.

Dire Elephant is restrained.

Bulette is restrained.

Astral Construct takes no action.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 1.75
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
Animal growth - Large size, +8 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, +2 nat armor, -1 to hit & AC, DR 10/magic, +4 saves, duration of match
HP: 67


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: -0.5
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/7/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Initiative:
Round 2:
Elgin: 24
Del: 23
Stone Golem: 14
Fu: 13
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6

I told you this wasn't going to be much to watch.

Oh for pity's sake. Give them a chance to get started, will you.

Elgin has 24 hours to post his round 2 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvE.JPG (209.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DvELL.JPG (123.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvELR.JPG (135.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUL.JPG (121.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUR.JPG (126.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #5  
Unread 4th of April, 2007, 08:46
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.60 per day)
Elgin continues moving to the center of the arena, then casts a defensive spell. He mentally requests that Grindle meet up with him near the platform and "climb aboard".

These folk don't know a good routine if it bit them.

Hey, big puppy, Del! What do you feed that thing?


[Elgin to move to I17. Cast Greater Mage Armor. Grindle to move to I17, then take another move action to climb up on Elgin]
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
  #6  
Unread 6th of April, 2007, 05:22
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.35 per day)
Del lightly leaps up to the higher platform and moves closer to Fu.

Fu takes care of his own meals. You might be relieved to know that he doesn't care for weasel. He has better taste than that!

Del laughs at the last, then casts a spell, reaching out to touch Fu as he does so.

[Hop Up and move to P24, cast Find the Gap and share it with Fu. Jump check 30 .]

[Fu will Hop Up onto the platform and move to O/P-22/23. Jump check 17 .

Edit: [Del will command Fu to Subdue, but does not specify a target. The intent is so that if Fu takes an AoO it will be for non-leathal damage.]

Last edited by Lord Twig; 6th of April, 2007 at 05:25.
  #7  
Unread 10th of April, 2007, 10:14
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Note: The Dire Elephant’s size was misrepresented on the map. His size and position have been adjusted to be appropriate, along with the position of one of the walls around him.

Elgin moves.
Elgin casts greater mage armor.

Del moves and casts find the gap and shares it with Fu. DC 10 Jump is automatic.
Del orders Fu to subdue.

Stone Golem takes no action.

Fu moves. DC 10 Jump is automatic.

Grindle moves and climbs up onto Elgin.

Dire Elephant takes no action.

Bulette steps.

Astral Construct moves.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 1.75
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
Animal growth - Large size, +8 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, +2 nat armor, -1 to hit & AC, DR 10/magic, +4 saves, duration of match
HP: 67


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: -0.5
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/7/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Initiative:
Round 3:
Elgin: 24
Del: 23
Stone Golem: 14
Fu: 13
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6

See. They're still not fighting.

For crying out loud!

Elgin has 24 hours to post his round 3 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvE.JPG (209.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DvELL.JPG (122.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvELR.JPG (133.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUL.JPG (121.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUR.JPG (128.6 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #8  
Unread 11th of April, 2007, 08:52
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.60 per day)
Elgin surveys the situation -

Quick action is not always rash. Let's try this gambit.

Moving at a blinding pace, Elgin heads toward one of the high wall obstacles, intending to land on top of it without breaking pace, then to hop from that wall to the platform on which Del stands.

Have at you!

Elgin will bring Del down, then give him a good whack with the flat of his halberd's blade.
  1. Activate Boots of Speed as a free action
  2. Activate Power Surge as a free action
  3. Move to L23 then jump to L24, with intent to impress the crowd (Jump skill at +36 versus DC 40, Balance of +8 vs DC 15)
  4. Continue movement with a jump from M24 to O25 (doubled DC or not? Either should be automatic). Should this draw an AoO from Fu, remember Mobility and Boots of Speed please, and see below. By my count this is 60 feet of movement.
  5. Make a single Trip attack against Del (+30 to attack, Trip Check +15)
  6. After successful Trip attack, free attack for non-lethal damage (+26 to attack, 1d10+19 19-20/x3, -4 to Del's AC)
  7. Dodge opponent is Fu for this round (for Elusive Target, specifically Cause Overreach)
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
  #9  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 05:39
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Elgin activates his boots of speed.
Elgin activates his Power Surge.
Elgin moves, jumping to impress the crowd and get on top of a tall wall. Jump 46 vs. DC 40 (both checks) success. Elgin lands on top of the wall and crowd attitude towards Elgin improves 1 step.
Balance to move along the Tall Wall 10 vs. DC 10. Success. (Tall walls are made of stone and wider than the wooden walls. I’ve updated the rules to reflect this. Sorry about forgetting it earlier.)
Elgin Jumps across to a platform. Jump DC -7 to reach desired location is automatic. Since decent height is less than 10 feet (i.e. no damage) Jump down DC 15 check is not needed.
Note: Fu does not have reach, despite his large size, because he’s a quadraped. Thus Elgin has a choice of equivalent Jump paths (in terms of squares) one of which would provoke an AoO, the other of which would not. I’ve assumed he’d prefer the path that doesn’t provoke.
Elgin attacks Del, attempting to trip. 41 vs. Touch AC 17. Hits. Trip 33 vs. 10. Success. Del is prone. Crowd attitude towards Elgin improves 2 steps. Elgin gets a follow up attack. 34 vs. AC 20 (-4 prone). Hits. Deals 28 non-lethal damage.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 1.75
Non-lethal damge: 29
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
Animal growth - Large size, +8 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, +2 nat armor, -1 to hit & AC, DR 10/magic, +4 saves, duration of match
HP: 67


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
Haste - +1 attacks & AC, +30ft speed, 9 round remaining
Power Surge - +8 Str, expires iniative count 24 round ?? (need to check duration)
Dodge: Fu
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/7/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Initiative:
Del: 23
Stone Golem: 14
Fu: 13
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6
Round 4:
Elgin: 24

Del has 24 hours to post his round 3 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvE.JPG (209.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DvELR.JPG (134.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvEUL.JPG (120.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #10  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 05:26
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.35 per day)
Del curses as his feet are swept from under him. He quickly rolls back to his feet and moves to make room for FU while ordering him in for an attack. With practiced speed he whips an arrow from his quiver and sends it flying toward Elgin.

Del stands and prepares an action. The action is to step to P25, cast Arrow Mind as an Immediate action and shoot Elgin with his bow. The trigger is when Fu moves. (The intent is to keep Fu within 5' so he can continue to share the Find the Gap spell.)

Attacks to hit are vs. Elgin's touch AC. (Find the Gap)

Attack: 1d20+25 (17 BAB +5 Dex +2 Bow +1 PBS)
Damage: 1d8+1d6+14 non-lethal (+4 Str, +2 Bow, +1 PBS, +7 Favored Enemy)

Attack: 40
Damage (if needed): 21 +3 non-lethal

Fu will move to O/P-23/24 and attack Elgin, attacking to subdue. If the bite hits Fu will attempt to trip.

Bite: 1d20+9 (6 BAB +7 Str +1 WF -1 size -4 subdue) Damage: 2d6+7 non-lethal
Trip: 1d20+11 (+7 Str, +4 size)

Bite: 27 Damage: 10 non-lethal
Trip: 30

Note: Fu's HPs should be 83 from increased Con.
  #11  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 11:25
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Del stands from prone, provoking an AoO. Elgin attacks. 29 vs. AC 20. Hits. Deals 22 non-lethal damage.
Del stands from prone.
Del readies an action.

Stone Golem takes no action.

Fu moves, triggering Del’s readied action.
Del steps, casts arrow mind, and attacks Elgin. 40 vs. AC 17 (find the gap negates natural armor). Hits. Deals 24 non-lethal damage.
Fu moves and attacks Elgin, attempting to subdue. 27 vs. AC 18 (find the gap negates natural armor). Hits. Deals 10 non-lethal damage. Fu gets a free trip attempt. 30 vs. 22. Success. Elgin is prone. Crowd attitude towards Del improves 2 steps.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 3.75
Find the gap - 1 attack/round ignores armor and natural armor, expires round 10 initiative count 23, shared with Fu
Arrow mind - threaten with bow, ranged attacks don’t provoke, duration of match
Non-lethal damge: 50
HP: 122
Spells: -/2/3/2/1

Fu:
Animal growth - Large size, +8 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, +2 nat armor, -1 to hit & AC, DR 10/magic, +4 saves, duration of match
Find the gap - shared with Del
HP: 83


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
Haste - +1 attacks & AC, +30ft speed, 9 round remaining
Power Surge - +8 Str, expires iniative count 24 round 5 (next activation DC: 20)
Dodge: Fu
Prone - -4 melee attacks & AC, +4 ranged AC, no ranged attacks
Non-lethal damage: 34
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/7/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Initiative:
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6
Round 4:
Elgin: 24
Stone Golem: 14
Del: 13
Fu: 13

Grindle has 24 hours to post his round 3 action. If Grindle isn't going to act, I'd appreciate it if you would also post Elgin's action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvE.JPG (209.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DvELR.JPG (134.4 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 13th of April, 2007 at 23:35.
  #12  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 23:13
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.60 per day)
Grindle squeaks in triumph!

Eek!

Elgin laughs as the big wolf brings him down -

Good boy, you listen well. Now watch and see why we're not supposed to stand close to people with poleaxes. Good Match, Del!

Immediate action to cast Wraithstrike
Full attack with Haste with Spinning Halberd (signature). Dodge target is now Del.

-4 to attacks (prone), +4 to attacks (Power Surge), +1 to attacks (Haste), 2 extra attacks (Haste, Spinning Halberd)

+26/+26/+21/+15/+15

Versus AC 17 (Wraithstrike)

Attacks 1, 2, 3, and 4 at 1d10+19 19-20/x3
Attack 5 1d4+19 19-20/x3

Elgin will press the attack with the assumption that as soon as Del is down, Clerics will administer aid. He'll be sure to keep his head about him - Del's a good enough sort. No need to kill him.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
  #13  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 08:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Grindle takes no action.

Dire Elephant takes no action.

Bulette takes no action.

Astral Construct takes no action.

Elgin casts wraithstrike.
Elgin attacks Del. 34, 34, 25, 26, & 28 vs. Touch AC 17. All hit. Deals 26, 28, 25, 20, & 23 damage. Crowd attitude towards Elgin worsens 4 steps (+1 max damage, -5 cheating). Del recieves a heal spell from the judges. Elgin is charged for a level 6 spell at CL 13 (780 gp).

Stone Golem takes no action.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 3.75
Find the gap - 1 attack/round ignores armor and natural armor, expires round 10 initiative count 23, shared with Fu
Arrow mind - threaten with bow, ranged attacks don’t provoke, duration of match
Non-lethal damge: 0
HP: 122
Spells: -/2/3/2/1

Fu:
Animal growth - Large size, +8 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, +2 nat armor, -1 to hit & AC, DR 10/magic, +4 saves, duration of match
Find the gap - shared with Del
HP: 83


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: -2.5
Haste - +1 attacks & AC, +30ft speed, 8 round remaining
Power Surge - +8 Str, expires iniative count 24 round 5 (next activation DC: 20)
Dodge: Fu
Prone - -4 melee attacks & AC, +4 ranged AC, no ranged attacks
Non-lethal damage: 34
HP: 104
Spells: 7/7/2/5/3

Grindle:
HP: 52


Initiative:
Del: 13
Fu: 13
Grindle: 12
Dire Elephant: 7
Bulette: 6
Astral Construct: 6
Round 5:
Elgin: 24
Stone Golem: 14

Oof! A little over eager there! Elgin's forgoten the rules and the result runs quite counter to what he intended.

That's right, the heal spell that Del recieved not only counters the damage that Elgin just dealt to Del, it also will alleviate the effects of the two hits he's already gotten in. That may turn out to be a costly mistake.

Del has 24 hours to post his round 4 action.

Map is unchanged.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 14th of April, 2007 at 08:22.
  #14  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 17:43
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.35 per day)
Del reels as the halberd bites into his flesh over and over, his bow droping from his hand. When the Heal spell hits him he acts almost by instinct. A spell flashes and his movements gain speed, as do Fu's. Del's swords seem to jump into his hands. A flurry of cuts stream towards his downed opponent.

Cast Swift Haste as a swift action and share with Fu. Del will Quickdraw both his swords and will do a full attack with them against Elgin. Fu will continue his subduing attacks.

First attacks to hit are vs. Elgin's touch AC. (Find the Gap)

Longsword: 1d20+21 (17 BAB +4 Str +1 Sword +1 Haste -2 TWF)
Damage: 1d8+1d6+12 non-lethal (+4 Str, +1 Sword, +7 Favored Enemy)
Shortsword: 1d20+21 (17 BAB +4 Str +1 Sword +1 Haste -2 TWF)
Damage: 2d6+10 non-lethal (+2 Str, +1 Sword, +7 Favored Enemy)

Longsword: 29 , 38 , 34 , 13 , 13
Damage: 17 +2 , 19 +2 , 17 +1 , 18 +2 , 15 +6 all non-lethal
Shortsword: 35 , 18 , 31
Damage: 19 , 21 , 16 all non-lethal

Fu will attack Elgin, attacking to subdue.

Bite: 1d20+10 (6 BAB +7 Str +1 WF -1 size -4 subdue +1 Haste)
Damage: 2d6+7 non-lethal

Bite: 17 , 18
Damage: 16 , 13 all non-lethal

Note: Elgin cast Greater Mage Armor earlier, which will give him +6AC against all but the first attacks.
  #15  
Unread 15th of April, 2007, 01:16
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Del casts swift haste, sharing it with Fu.
Del attacks Elgin. 29 vs. AC 15 and 38 , 34 , 13 , 13, 35 , 18 , & nat 20 vs. AC 23. Four hit, one threatens, 2 whiff, 1 deflected by mage armor. 19 vs. AC 27. Fails to confirm critical hit. Deals 19, 21, 18, 19, & 16 non-lethal damage. Crowd attitude towards Del worsens 2 steps (2 whiffs). Elgin is unconscious.

Fu’s instructions are to subdue, a task which has been fulfilled, so he does not attack.

Crowd attitude towards Del worsens 3 steps (failure to employ signature in match).

Match is over. Del wins.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: -2.75
HP: 122
Spells: -/2/2/2/1

Fu:
HP: 67


Elgin:
Crowd Attitude: -2.5


And just like that Elgin's mistake has cost him the match. Del capitalized on his restored health and knocked Elgin out.

Heh. I was hoping for a bit more chivalry on Del's part. He could have at least stepped back and given Elgin a chance to apologize before beating the crap out of him.

Chivalry is the domain of fools and nobles. Gladiators are neither.

Voting will close on Tuesday, 17 April.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #16  
Unread 16th of April, 2007, 08:41
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.35 per day)
Hearing the jeers from the crowd Del realizes too late his error. Win the battle, lose the war, he thinks as he slams his twin blades back into their sheathes. He turns and stalks over to the judges, the faithful Fu following dutifully behind him.

"I concede this match to Elgin," Del states. "He had me dead to rights, blade or no blade. He has clearly shown himself to be the better fighter."


ooc: Seriously, I made several mistakes in this match. Chris's only mistake was forgetting that we were still on the non-lethal rounds.
  #17  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 08:21
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.26 per day)
Highly irregular, this request of yours. You do realize that this will remove you from the tournament? You already have one loss to your record.

If you insist though, Elgin's name will be put forward as the winner's.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren