Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Uncognitive Cackling

Unread 26th of June, 2013, 22:43
Church
Spectre [GM]

Member: #10480
Werewolf 20th Anniversary is out!

Wooohooo!!!! And what's more, a friend of mine has given me a copy of it as a late birthday present. XD

Anyone else gotten it, or have an interest in it? Maybe one day in the future, when things settle down at home, I'll look to run a Werewolf 20th game alongside my Vampire 20th.
Unread 26th of June, 2013, 23:46
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
Eh, onyx path burnt a shitton of goodwill with their kickstarter bullshit.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 00:24
Church
Spectre [GM]

How so?
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 00:45
itches

Their "estimated deliveries" are lies. You do it once and it's a mistake. You do it twice and you're stupid. You do it five times and you're a piece of shit. Plus they have two more after that, the Exalted one which isn't late yet, and the Changing Breeds book (which is irritating as I do really want that one).

Every kickstarter they do pisses off more of the fanbase, which is a real good idea.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 00:49
Church
Spectre [GM]

I suppose so. Still, the W20 rulebook is good, from the looks of it.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 01:18
itches

Too bad none of the people who backed the kickstarter know, because they don't have the books yet.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 02:54
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Not to sound glib itches, but that's obviously not true since church already has a copy.

Besides aren't roleplayers always bitching about how this rulebook or that splat gets rushed into being published and then is a piece of junk because they didn't do it right and take their time to work it out?

I haven't gotten a chance to play with any of Onyx/CCP/WW's new stuff, but I say it's worth giving it a shot before we cry foul.

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 02:55
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
Originally Posted by itches # Too bad none of the people who backed the kickstarter know, because they don't have the books yet.
I smell hate. And coffee.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 02:56
InThisMoment
Ghoul

Member: #10481
YAY! Never played the Werewolf game but definitely up for it.

Also, another project for my kickstarter addiction and one that may interest you Church: Minds Eye Theatre: Vampire the Masquerade

I back so many of these things I mostly forget. Still, will be a surprise when it (eventually) comes in the post.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 03:44
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #836
This review on DriveThruRPG breaks down the book's many points chapter by chapter. His issues with what's in the Appendix (like Merits and Flaws) are all stuff that's always been very GM-discretionary and more heavy RP than mechanical, so I can kinda see why they're back there instead of in character creation. The reviews I've seen seem to agree the art direction is a tad schizophrenic as they went back and got 1e, 2e, 3e, and new art (some B&W, some color) all in the 555 pages of the book.

I'm debating getting a PDF myself. W:tA (2e) was my very first RPG ever. I still have my collection of 3rd ed books though, including the limited edition in the slipcase that I actually used and you can tell. It's still in better shape than my hardcover Laws of the Night I used for LARP, though (the paperback would have died ages ago).
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 04:24
Church
Spectre [GM]

Originally Posted by InThisMoment # YAY! Never played the Werewolf game but definitely up for it.
You're welcome to join my game, ITM, should I start up an Apocalypse chronicle somewhere down the line. Thinking of basing it initially off of the Manitou Springs campaign published by White Wolf for WtF, but adding tweaks that make it suitable for W20.

Not sure yet, though... either way, a rural/small town setting would be preferable to a big city, at least to begin with.
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 11:32
itches

Not to sound glib itches, but that's obviously not true since church already has a copy.
I'd suspect he has the POD version. It's currently out while the kickstarter one still doesn't exist, because ... uh fuck people who gave us the initial money?

Besides aren't roleplayers always bitching about how this rulebook or that splat gets rushed into being published and then is a piece of junk because they didn't do it right and take their time to work it out?
That's the thing, the content of the book isn't any different from the kickstarter to the POD version. If it really will take 12 months to make sure the fancy cover gets done, the kickstarter should have taken that into account when putting up the estimated delivery.

It's happened for every single one of their kickstarters, so they know how long this shit will take and they continue to put up delivery dates that have no relation to reality. This is what's called a "lie."

I haven't gotten a chance to play with any of Onyx/CCP/WW's new stuff, but I say it's worth giving it a shot before we cry foul.
Well I backed the Mummy kickstarter, I was super excited about a new WoD gameline as I'm a pretty big fan. The estimated delivery for what I backed is Mar 2013, so should have it by now, so I would love to be able to talk about it.

Yep, I sure would love to be able to talk about it. But hey, this is the internet, so instead I can just trash the shit about of Onyx Path for being dicks.