Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Uncognitive Cackling

Unread 9th of January, 2013, 22:38
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
Scene one
Guy: We're almost out of condoms, I'll head to the store later to buy some more
Girl: You know, I was tested when I was pregnent. I don't have any STDs. Incase you were wondering.
Guy: Umm ... okay then. That's good I guess?
Scene two
Girl: If we had a kid, what do you think they would be like?
Guy: That's actually an interesting question, if we look at that way herritory traits are passed down...
Scene three
Girl: You know, you would make a fantastic father.
Guy: Why? Sure I like kids and get along with them, but there is a big difference between being a father and playing with my nephew or your daughter.
Scene Four
Girl: I want another baby.
Guy: Well your daughter is growing up and becoming her own person. It's natural for a mother at this stage to long for the days when her baby was still a baby.
Scene Five
**6 years and a break up later**
*guy drinking coffee*
*guy spits coffee out*
Guy: WAIT, SHE WANTED A BABY?!?
This is going to be turned into a comic.

I'm not saying I'm right about what it might have meant, but the conversations were real and I only just today worked it out. I'm clever.
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 05:37
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
Men are dense. It's part of our charm. And it keep us sane.
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 14:02
itches

Unread 19th of January, 2013, 12:31
itches

This is bad prose, and it won't go in the finished product. But I enjoyed writing it, it makes me happy, it's my life, and I can live it how I want. Stop judging me!
Context Free Fiction
Robyn: Ami, you really need to go make out with Elicia.
Amicula: That was unexpected.
Robyn: Too much? Braid each other's hair, hold hands, giggle and engage in other frivolities? Go ask her out already.
Amicula: I don't giggle.
Robyn: You don't smile or enjoy life either. That's the point in asking her out.
Amicula: It's not that simple.
Robyn: Why not? You like her, she likes you.
Amicula: Shouldn't you be out doing all that with Steven instead of bothering me?
Robyn: Nice deflection.
Amicula: Thanks.
Robyn: Steven and I aren't dating.
Amicula: Why not? The idiot likes you, you went to the dance together.
Robyn: I'm not really into him.
Amicula: Then why the dance?
Robyn: You may not have noticed, but I don't have a lot of boys interested in me. It was nice having one, but I had to cut it off before he got the wrong idea.
Amicula: Right, so you're just a heartbreaking tease. Good to know.
Robyn: We've already established that I won't leave you alone just because you're being a bitch.
Amicula: Why not.
Robyn: Because you're my friend and I care. Ami, you're a moody enough girl at the best of times, but ever since the 'incident' you're been moping around here like the world has ended. What's stopping you from just talking to her and being happy?
Amicula: Jordan.
Robyn: We're being haunted by ghosts now?

I levelled a glare at her and she blushed, squirming under my gaze as she tried to defend herself.

Robyn: You tell off jokes all the time.
Amicula: That was over the line.
Robyn: Sorry.
Amicula: Don't do it again.
Robyn: I really am sorry, I didn't mean-
Amicula: Just … look just forgot it.
Robyn: I'm just worried.
Amicula: I know.
Robyn: So why is Jordan stopping you?
Amicula: It feels like a betrayal.
Robyn: Being with another girl?
Amicula: Being happy.

She didn't reply at first, letter her breath out sharply and taking some times to rub her eyes.

Robyn: That's stupid. It's stupid and you should know it's stupid.
Amicula: I do.
Robyn: You don't think you're best friend would have wanted you to be happy?
Amicula: I know! You think that thought hasn't occurred to me?
Robyn: If you're aware, then we're back at why?
Amicula: Because it doesn't change the fact that she's fucking dead! Maybe she would have wanted me to move on, maybe not, but in either case it doesn't matter because she's dead. She's dead, it's my fault and what right do I have to go out and move on with my life instead of mourning her?
Robyn: It doesn't have to be one or the other. Will you ever forget her?
Amicula: J ordan? Never.
Robyn: Do you think about her often?
Amicula: Every day.
Robyn: Then it's simple, you can move on with your life while still respecting her memory.
Amicula: Maybe. I don't know, it still doesn't feel right.
Robyn: And that feeling has nothing to do with you afraid of hurting someone else? Or being hurt.
Amicula: That's enough.
Robyn: And ask yourself this. Would she have wanted you to use her memory as an excuse to make yourself miserable?
Amicula: I don't know.
Robyn: Yes, you do.
Amicula: Alright nerd girl. That's enough of that, unless you want to chat about why you dumped Steve.
Robyn: Oh that's no mystery. He was taking too much time away from my secret love, moody goth girls.
Amicula: Well good luck with finding one of those, I hear they're pretty rare.
Robyn: You know, if you don't make a move, it's possible that Elicia will get sick of waiting and just go after you. Again.
Amicula: Wouldn't that be terrible.
Unread 26th of January, 2013, 15:51
itches

The reality: Hair colours have been changed to protect the innocent, but yes this really (mostly) happened.

The twist: She got engaged like, a week later.

The moral: I'm not that crazy and sometimes coffee is just coffee!
Unread 29th of January, 2013, 11:49
itches

Itches Drinking Game.

Everytime the following words happen in my fiction, take a drink.
  1. So ...
  2. What?
  3. Upon
Unread 29th of January, 2013, 12:04
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

Member: #1103
Wouldn't you die?
Unread 29th of January, 2013, 12:07
itches

You'd die happy.
Unread 29th of January, 2013, 23:45
Gralhruk

It's like Beer Die Hard - any time someone swears or dies, take a drink.
Unread 30th of January, 2013, 21:40
itches

My innocent story about psychic lesbian schoolgirls started to get kinda weird.
Context Free Fiction
Jordan: Larissa?
Amicula: Jordan? But you're how can you?
Jordan: I'm cold.
Amicula: I'm so sorry, but you can't be here, you're dead.
Jordan: Help me.
Amicula: I can't.
Jordan: I looked for you, but you weren't there.
Amicula: You looked for me before you before you died?
Jordan: No. In the Deadlands. I searched and searched, but I couldn't find you.
Amicula: I was never there.
Jordan: Why not?
Amicula: I didn't die.
Jordan: Why? Why are you still alive? You were meant to follow after me.
Amicula: I I didn't know.
Jordan: Why did you leave me?
Amicula: I didn't, I promise, I didn't mean to leave you.
Jordan: Then why am I so cold, so alone?
Amicula: I don't know. I'm alone too.

She raised an arm to reach out and softly touch my face with a cold hand, as if to check if I were real, but her touch felt like wrong, like raw chicken, and gave off the faint smell of rotten meat. The wound in her wrist continued to weep blood that fell to stain my dress in complex crimson patterns.

Jordan: Then die.
Amicula: I'm not-
Jordan: Are you happy?
Amicula: No.
Jordan: You're never happy anymore.
Amicula: no.
Jordan: Not since you left me alone.
Amicula: I didn't mean to-
Jordan: So let go, let it all be over.
Amicula: I don't-
Jordan: I died for you.
Amicula: I didn't want you to.
Jordan: I died because of you!
Amicula: I'm sorry.
Jordan: Die for me.
Amicula: I don't know how.
Jordan: Let it go. Let go of the pain, let go of your hope and sorrow and never ending torment. It can all be over if you just let it go.
Amicula: I can't.
Jordan: Do I mean so little to you?
Amicula: I can't because I'm not holding onto it. I am the pain. I'm the sorrow, and the anguish. It's who I am now, the girl you knew might as well be dead.
Jordan: But she's not, and you don't want to be alive.
Amicula: I don't want to die either.
Jordan: No.

Her hand stiffened and grabbed me painfully, dragging me into the coffin on top of her, where she wrapped her frozen, foul smelling limbs around my body and held me in place.

Jordan: No. I won't be alone anymore. You didn't die then, but you'll die for me now.
Unread 6th of February, 2013, 20:11
itches

A glimpe of madness!

Actually, I should take a picture of my rpg game notes. That's where the real madness is.
Unread 17th of February, 2013, 11:30
itches

Context Free Fiction: Valentine's Day EditionI went looking for Elicia as soon as I woke up, searching through the dorms, classrooms and Maze for an hour or so. I knew from experience that asking anyone else about her would be a waste of time, as no one else ever seemed to notice her, but for once I couldn't find her. It was frustrating, I'd never had to look for her before, I just seemed to run into her whenever I wanted to (and sometimes when I didn't). It was only when I'd finally given up looking and returned to my room, that I found her lurking outside my door.

Amicula: Dammit!
Elicia: Nice to see you too.
Amicula: I've been looking for you, we need to talk.
Elicia: I thought we might have a picnic.
Amicula: We need to talk.
Elicia: We can talk while having a picnic. I've got muffins.
Amicula: Where did you get muffins?
Elicia: Stole them from the Home-Ec rooms.
Amicula: And am I meant to be reading something into your choice of snack?
Elicia: If you decided to read something into it, I'm sure I wouldn't object.
Amicula: Cute.
Elicia: I know I am.
Amicula: So I eat your muffin and then we talk?
Elicia: Careful, you'll make me blush.
Amicula: You don't know how. Where are we going for this picnic?
Elicia: Just follow me, you'll like the spot.
Amicula: Fine, but no biting.
Elicia: You know I can't promise that.

I followed her out into the Maze, where she led me through a twisted series of paths that I'd never seen before. I thought I had a pretty good handle on the Maze's layout by now, but it seems that a month just wasn't long enough to begin to compare with the knowledge of a native. I was beginning to grow impatient when Elicia finally pulled me through a gap between two walls and into a small courtyard.

I examined it while Elicia pulled a blanket out of her bag and began setting up. It was open to the sky, but surrounded by high windowless walls. The ground was paved, and if you were willing to risk the damp, a small stone ledge build into one wall could serve as a seat that faced across from a small garden overgrown with that looked to be dormant rose bushes, leading me to wonder if they got enough sun there to bloom come springtime. The entire little garden courtyard was burred in shadows, if the sun ever kissed the ground here it wasn't for very long.

I turned to look at Elicia and the bare leg she was showing past her rainbow pleated skirt, and had to repress a shiver of empathy. I was cold enough in my coat and full goth-girl outfit, she must have been freezing. She finished setting out the food and turned to look back up at me, stretching her legs out, and I realised I'd let me mental barriers drop, but I wasn't picking up anything from her.

Elicia: Sorry, I didn't bring any tea. Couldn't figure out keep it hot while bringing it out here.
Amicula: That's okay, I'm not that big a fan of tea.
Elicia: Oh? I just thought that, well because of the club-
Amicula: You mean the club that the school made me join?
Elicia: Right. Good Point.
Amicula: Aren't you cold?
Elicia: Nothing unbearable. Food is ready.

She patted the blanket covered ground next to her, and I dropped down onto it, suddenly becoming very aware of the warm body besides me.

Amicula: It's very quiet here.
Elicia: It's isolated and hidden. I don't think anyone else even knows about it.
Amicula: Ah, the truth comes out, you've lured me to your secret garden to sacrifice me to your foul gods.
Elicia: Blast, you figured out my evil plan. But it's too late for you to escape, I'll still have my virgin sacrifice! You are a virgin right?
Amicula: One-Hundred percent virginified. Wait, does it still count if you're drunk? Or he's really cute? Or someone dared you? Or you want to get backstage at a concert?
Elicia: And that's enough on that topic.
Amicula: Okay honestly, not that a mind, but why use this out of the way place instead of your room?
Elicia: You always seem more relaxed when there aren't any other people around, I thought you'd like it.
Amicula: You don't count as a person huh?
Elicia: No. I don't.

As much as I enjoyed flirting with her, I couldn't keep dancing around the issues having over us, so I took a breath and plunged right into it.

Amicula: You were in my dream.
Elicia: Yes.
Amicula: I don't mean I dreamt of you, you were in it. This you, the real you.
Elicia: Yes.
Amicula: That's it? Fuck! After everything that has happened, after all this time, you walk into my dreams and that's all I get? 'Yes.'
Elicia: You already know I was, what more is there?
Amicula: What more? Fucking hell. How? Why? What?
Elicia: You seem to have some questions, so ask them.
Amicula: How did you get into my dream?
Elicia: I don't know.
Amicula: That isn't funny.
Elicia: I'm not joking. Do you know how you do it when you enter someone's dream?
Amicula: You uh, you know that I can do that?
Elicia: Yes, we've been running into each other in dreams for a while now Little Shadow, I honestly surprised it took you this long to notice me.
Amicula: Shit. Okay, when I do it, sometimes when I fall asleep I find myself on this foggy plain filled with shadowy figures.
Elicia: Fog? Now that's odd.
Amicula: Why?
Elicia: Never mind, go on.
Amicula: Well, I think the shadows are people who are asleep nearby. Basically when I'm there I find myself being pulled towards them, and if I touch one I end up in their dreams. Sometimes I'm not even aware that I've been there until after I end up in someone else's dream.
Elicia: You get better at controlling it as you practice more. I can usually tell who the shadows are, and I can find a particular person if I'm looking for them.
Amicula: Is there anyway to stop it?
Elicia: Why would we want to stop it?
Amicula: Because it's horrible! Every time I go to sleep I risk having to suffer through it again.
Elicia: You just need to learn how to control it, I can help.
Amicula: Elicia, what are we?
Elicia: We're better.
Amicula: Better than what?
Elicia: Than the little people. Tell me you don't feel it when you're around people. Feel it deep in your heart that you're better than they are, more important than them with their drab, boring, pathetic little lives.
Amicula: I … I guess, maybe.
Elicia: You feel it because we're beyond them. We're Dreamwalkers. We can see, feel and do things their tiny little human minds couldn't even begin to understand.
Amicula: Dreamwalkers?
Elicia: It's my term for what we do.
Amicula: Dreamwalkers. Yeah that makes sense. Are there any other, umm, 'Dreamwalkers'?
Elicia: I don't know. I thought I was alone until I found you.
Amicula: Don't you think that's odd? That we're both like this and just happen to end up going to the same school.
Elicia: No, us meeting was destiny.

I stopped talking to try and figure out if she was being serious, when I noticed that she was shaking from the cold. Her outfit, while flattering, was showing a lot of skin and she was clearly starting to suffer for it. I scowled at her, took off my coat and held it out.

Amicula: Stupid girl, you're freezing.
Elicia: I'm fine.
Amicula: Like hell you are Rainbow Girl, put on the coat or I'm going to get mad.

She took it and stood up to slip it over her shoulders, giving me a small pleased smile that had my stomach doing flips. When she sat back down, it was closer than before with her bare leg pressed against my own.

Elicia: Thanks.
Amicula: So, umm, yeah. What about other stuff?
Elicia: What kind of other stuff?
Amicula: Well, for me I get these sensations off people, like I can feel emotions, only they're different. Like when people are angry I feel heat, or I feel a pressure when someone is looking at me.
Elicia: Can you tell what I'm feeling?
Amicula: No, not you. With most people I have to work to keep their feelings out and stop myself from going crazy from it all.
Elicia: So that's why you act that way around large groups, or when someone is talking to you?
Amicula: It's a nightmare, I just wish I could stop it.
Elicia: But you don't feel anything from me?
Amicula: No, you're a blank, even if I open myself up and try to feel something, there's just ... silence from you.
Elicia: The term is empathy, by the way. For what you just described. I can't do that, but I do something else. I'm not sure how best explain it, but uh, I can turn invisible.
Amicula: No you can't.
Elicia: I don't mean like, transparent. If I concentrate on it, I can make it so people don't notice me.
Amicula: That uh, that actually makes a lot of sense. It explains most of the strange things I see going on with you.
Elicia: That's the thing, I can make anyone overlook me but you. You always see me Little Shadow.
Amicula: I'm glad I do, you're worth seeing Rainbow Girl.

She abruptly dropped her eyes from mine to look coyly at her hands as a rosy blush erupted across her face. I hadn't quite meant it like that, but found that I wasn't upset that she had taken it that way. She looked back up and leant towards me so the warmth of her breath caressed my face and I could smell the faint trace of the dye she used in her hair.

Elicia: I'm glad you saw me too.
Amicula: Good.
Elicia: Also, I'm going to kiss you now.
Amicula: Okay.

She crossed the small distance between us, brushed her lips across mine, and kissed me, her lips both firm and pliable as they played against my own. I kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her slender frame and she pushed her body hard against my own. For several long minutes we just sat there, enjoying each other until the lack of air forced us apart. She remained in my arms and buried her face in my neck.

Elicia: So, do you maybe want to go get a coffee or something, sometime?
Amicula: You're suddenly in the mood for coffee?
Elicia: Or we go see a movie?
Amicula: Are … are you trying to ask me out?
Elicia: Yes?
Amicula: We've already done the whole kissing, groping, lesbian thing, but suddenly you're shy about this?
Elicia: Just because you let me play with your tits doesn't mean you want to be my girlfriend.

I drew her face out of my neck and out to where I could see her.

Amicula: Girlfriend? You're asking me to go steady? Like, a relationship?
Elicia: Is this how annoying it is for you when I don't answer questions?
Amicula: Yes.
Elicia: So ... will you?
Amicula: Will I what?
Elicia: Don't make me bite you again.
Amicula: Tell you what, kiss me some more and I'll think about it.

And that's how I ended up with a girlfriend. I'm not sure how to react, this was a massive day. First of all I found out that I'm not alone, that there is someone else out there who doesn't just understand me, they're the same as me. And bigger than that, I've somehow stumbled into a real, serious relationship with a girl who drives me crazy.

I've been walking around smiling all day, and I'm getting a lot of odd looks from people because of it. It's all very weird, but is this happiness? It's been so long I don't really remember. I feel like I'm a hundred pounds lighter, my heart is going to rise out of my chest and fly away, and I keep getting the random urge to laugh.

It's horrible. But I think, maybe, I don't mind it too much.

Just buy the book already.
Unread 17th of February, 2013, 11:31
itches

You know, that kinda skirts the border of what's acceptable on Orp. I hope Team Admin don't see it.
Unread 25th of February, 2013, 10:54
itches

I found the following in a word document file. Apparently I was making notes for something and used the word Lolz? Strange. Presented without spellchecking and with formatting intact.

Notes??Cast:

Drean: Dragon. Gruff, possessive, stubborn. But nice to those he cares about and doing the right thing.
White: High Angel. Selfless, but not very empathic. Big good.
Dark: Dark Angel. Very selfish, lives life to fullest, but won’t be beholden to anyone. Exbf of Drean.
Fae: Hippy, life is a game. Betrays the group (and her commune) to the big bad. For the Lolz.
Demon Business: Corrupt Corporate Executive. Evil in the “sell poison to children” sense.
BadDemon: Is trying to resserect an entombed ancient evil. True demon, promethean, etc.
TrueDemon: Entombed evil, warps reality around it. Way more powerful than anything else.
SteelWingedTech: After trauma, lost all identiy about supernatural self. Able to work on freeing TrueDemon without being affected by reality warping.\
TheGirl: Something new, a reality warper that lost her memories and became a SteelWinged. Drean found her and kept her safe from everyone else who wants her gone or used for their own ends. She is Drean’s dragon treasure. Also point of view character.
Pheonix: Stocktrader and sometimes friend of Fae. Very independent and difficult to kill for real.
Aun: wingless angel, pathetic and sad.

BadDemon is trying to raise TrueDemon in order to serve him and gain great power, etc, etc. He’s located the TrueDemon below a construction part, and worked out how to get him free. First he needs a magical creature that can go near it, which is the SteelWinged(how did he get that way, was it the BadDemon?) and a sample of certain things. Blood of a virgin about to kill herself, feathers of a fallen angel, flame from a phoenix reborn, dew of faeire passion. Gives them to the steelwinged get the demon free while trying to keep the others away and raise an army of mooks to defend the site.

1. EvilDemon is going around killing people. Kills Rachel short story.
  2. Starts with Drean and Girl walking along, talking about the setting and the bad film they just saw. Drean is being over protective. Meet Aun and Drean pities him. Establish weird relationship with girl.
Unread 13th of March, 2013, 18:09
itches

A community I'm a part of has a gdoc for finding Xbox Live folk to play with. The presentation on the document was terrible so I spent twenty minutes or so going in and fixing it up.

I spend way too much of my life looking at spreedsheets.
Unread 30th of March, 2013, 12:02
itches

Meg: "It explains so much. The hair, the clothes, the make up, the attitude. I hope it's not contagious."
Ami: "Only if I bite, darling."
Unread 3rd of April, 2013, 22:25
itches

Shameful fanfiction because Gral won't post in Eidolon.

INT. THE HANGED MAN TAVERN NIGHT

Hawke, Merrill, Isabella and Varric are sitting around a table. A number of empty mugs sit on the table, most in front of Hawke and Isabella.

MERRILL
Isabella?
ISABELLA
Yes kitten?
MERRILL
Why dont you wear pants?

Hawke starts choking on a drink, Varric slaps Hawke on the back.

ISABELLA
Why do you think?
MERRILL
At first I thought it was because of your boots, theyre almost pants, they go very high, but I dont think they really count.
ISABELLA
Im saving myself. I only want to wear the perfect pair, so Im waiting until I find them.
MERRILL
But its been years, have you been looking all this time? If you need help, I could go shopping with you.
ISABELLA
No Im that was a joke.
MERRILL
So youre not saving yourself?
ISABELLA
Perish the thought. In my experience pants just get in the way.
MERRILL
Well isnt that why you wear pants? They get in the way of all sorts of things, like the sun, and wind, and mud and bugs. Your legs must get an awful lot of bites.

Hawke starts choking on the drink again, Varric slaps Hawke on the back, while laughing.

MERRILL
Did I miss something dirty again?
Truth? The DragonAge lj community is doing a drabble prompt thing, and I'm trying to help keep it alive by taking part. So, bad fanfiction. Normally the backup copy would just go in my lj, but getting the indents to work right over there is impossible.
Unread 3rd of April, 2013, 22:45
Gralhruk

It's not that I won't post in Eidolon, it's that my life keeps getting in the way.
Unread 3rd of April, 2013, 23:26
itches

Well you know Rule 0. A creative enough application of fire can overcome any problem.
Unread 13th of April, 2013, 22:44
itches

Grey Line Goes Around The TextI share art class with Meg, though I don't sit next to her I'm usually able to have a few words with her before things get going. Today we got split up into pairs to work, and by some miracle I ended up with her instead of some gross sweaty nerd (sorry Robyn, but you're not not gross and only sometimes sweaty, so it doesn't count) . It was some exercise to teach us about how different people see things differently, or something, one of us were given a picture and told to describe it to the second person, who had to try and draw it based on only the descriptions.

I like Art, but despite Miss Gardener's best efforts, my ability to create art remains stuck at the etch-e-sketch level, so I handed off the drawing task to Meg and started trying to describe a bowl of fruit,. The really good thing about it was that we could chat while we were working.

Meg: I liked their third album better.
Ami: That's because you're part of the unwashed masses. They didn't know what they were doing with their first album. They were still experimental with the second one, but they stumbled upon the generic mainstream with it.
Meg: The second apple is here?
Ami: The top is a tad to the left, yeah like that. Once they realised how much money there was in the mainstream, they gave up pretending to be anything else for the third album.
Meg: They sold out?
Ami: For how much they made, fair enough.
Meg: So you liked them before they were cool, is that it?
Ami: I never said I liked them, just that their first album was better. That part's a bit wider.
Meg: like this?
Ami: Close enough. If you really want to get the most out of their music, you need to be listening to it while high. Their first album that is.
Meg: High, like with drugs?
Ami: No in a hot air balloon. Yes of course with drugs!

I created a band and mentally laid out their history and the development of their music, just so I could segway a conversation over to drugs. I feel there must have been a faster way to do it.
Unread 13th of April, 2013, 22:53
itches

Line from my hand written notes.

"I fruit howl was starting to look like a vague appreciation of what it should"
... really itches, really?
Unread 30th of April, 2013, 21:48
itches

Consistent, if nothing elseitches: today someone told me I looked good
itches: Being who I am, my natural reaction was to argue the point
itches: Because I'm an idiot
itches: The topic ended with her saying. "You look good, just take it for what it is."
BigRedRod: Smooth
itches: oh yeah
itches: that'll teach her to try and compliment me
Unread 30th of April, 2013, 22:50
Gralhruk

Was it the supermarket checkout girl again?
Unread 1st of May, 2013, 06:28
itches

No I'm not one of the people who will stop to argue with a cashier while I'm in a store.
Unread 1st of May, 2013, 22:56
Gralhruk

Hmmm, you seem to have no issue arguing with me about features nobody will ever use anyway.