Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Sheepmen's Games > Vampire Knights

Unread 20th of March, 2009, 11:08
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
(OOC Supercenter) visitors welcome!!

welcome to the OOC Supercenter, this is the perfect place to have those out of character conversations, and in here you are welcome to talk about anything, and i mean anything. Zombie chickens with miniguns and a lust for death and candy... i know, i know.. that was a bit extreme but hey.. i went there.. and so can you if you so choose. this is the only place for such things.. but if you have an OOC question this is a great venue for that as well.

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 13:58
5Solas
Ghoul

Member: #7474
Miniguns? Personally, I prefer the M2 Browning 50 caliber "Ma Deuce" myself but hey, to each his own.
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 15:20
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
yes yes quality weapon, but it just doesn't have the firing rate the chickens demand

Unread 20th of March, 2009, 23:54
5Solas
Ghoul

Oh yes, the old "cyclic rate versus ft-lb" argument...as long as it meets the chicken's tactical needs, more power to them. I'll just be sure not to remind them that I thoroughly enjoy their "product" either way!
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 03:36
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
At current I'm considering a Ventrue of the Bron bloodline, being a modern relic hunter/occultist style of character... formerly a knight in elder days.

I am thinking of having him be seeking the 'spear of destiny' in any of it's many incarnations, to include the sword of Charlemagne ( Joyuese ). Lots of potential history and plot-hookage here. I can develop this more later.

He may have taken a newer/younger character as a 'squire' to train in all of the funkyness of his quest, for the new people to the game/system that were potentially looking for a 'chaperone'.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 09:27
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
Hello everyone, guess we'll be playing together from now on!
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 09:27
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

I wanted to go ahead and say that for the most part all of the pre-posting about Cillatan is finished at this moment, however I have not yet told you what's going on and or why, I just wanted you all to know a bit about the town and it's goings on, so you'd feel more at home when we begin talking about things and places. I will make the first official "game on" post once everyone has a character I have approved and they are happy with that said I never did talk about extra starting XP, so for now please make a character exactly by the book and once that has been accomplished I can award some bonus XP to be used prior to game start, that is if I like what you have done... There is a lot of work is being done via PM so if all goes well we will be playing very very soon. and thank you for having interest in the game and following through.

*extra note*
never ever talk about eating chickins around other chickens with miniguns...

Unread 21st of March, 2009, 10:59
Erdrix
Zombie

Member: #3054
How long have we been embraced?
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 11:09
Erdrix
Zombie

Member: #3054
here's a stupid question what's your policy on fowl language? It'll only be so long before someone resorts to gun toting chickens.
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 13:14
5Solas
Ghoul

I'm thinking anything of the landfowl variety...when you start talking waterfowl, people really start getting uncomfortable...
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 14:28
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

ok I will try and answer all of these questions at once, it's up to you for as to the age of your character, but please use good judgment when you decide an age. as for the language we are all adults here and I personally don’t mind, and when I get into character I tend to swear.. But as to the fowl language.. You are on your own, if you incur the wrath of the angry chickens with miniguns, don’t come to me for help. And the waterfowl.. I wouldn’t even want to go there.. It’s messy, and has a strange odor about it..

Unread 23rd of March, 2009, 11:00
Fulmen
Spectre

Member: #1173
Got room for another?
Unread 23rd of March, 2009, 13:33
Scythe
Bodak

BTW, you'll be playing with Sunny the Malkovian ^^
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 00:37
Scythe
Bodak

I've been looking through the main book; why are there only three merits? Is there anyways to get a hold of the merits/flaws from the main World of Darkness book?
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 00:50
5Solas
Ghoul

If you're interested, here's a link to a really neat Excel sheet that figures everything for you as well as lists all the merits, disciplines, etc. If you still want a list, let me know. http://sheets.camarilla.ca/ExcelSheets.php
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 01:28
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Fulmen we do indeed have room for another player but i only want a max of 6 and we have 4 right now not counting you so your welcome to join, and as for the other merits they can be found at http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofda...#Mental_Merits but this is only a list, and no descriptions. but it's a starting point. from there google will be your friend.

Unread 24th of March, 2009, 01:41
Scythe
Bodak

Thanks, the list is actually quite helpful! I'll need someone with the books to tell me the particular mechanic behind each, but I can figure out what they do and if they fit with my character!
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 01:50
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

well i own the books so if you tell me the ones your interested in i can let give you more info about them.

Unread 24th of March, 2009, 08:46
Elowick
Small Skeleton

Member: #7481
Hello everyone, I'm interested in this one if there is another spot available. I'm new to the whole realm, so it's going to be a learning experience for me!
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 09:09
5Solas
Ghoul

Join the club, Elowick...I'm learning as I go, too. If you'd like some help, I can tell you what I've learned so far. Also, Sheep has the books which helps greatly, too.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 09:34
Scythe
Bodak

I've been reading a lot in the books, and turns out to have a bloodline, you need to have a Blood Potency of 2, and the only way to get that before character creation is through a three point merit.

People planning on doing bloodlines might want to check up on their sheets...

In any case, I'll be working on my character sheet tonight, filling up the blanks... should have the darn thing up by tomorrow or Wednesday night.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 10:18
5Solas
Ghoul

Hmm...interesting, though even more interesting is that it isn't addressed anywhere in the character creation section and is buried in the appendix for bloodlines, nor is it addressed on the official VtM character sheet or other sources. I guess we have two options:

--One, create a house rule that allows us at character creation to be a part of a bloodline

--Two, change our character sheet to match the rule.

I vote for option one for several reasons, the least of which being the amount of time I spend making my character. Seriously, though, it would seem that you would be mostly inducted into that bloodline when embraced as your blood "knows" how it should manifest itself as your sire was of that bloodline. The manual speaks of having to spend the time in-between sessions to change your bloodline because your blood has to "learn" new characteristics but if you're sired with it, why the fuss? I could see the argument from the standpoint of not knowing the disciplines until taught but even that could be overcome by some of the "naturalness" that a few of the entry-level ones hold (you could figure out how to shoot a gun, but to do so effectively and well you need to be taugh, for example). Yes, it does talk about having to be at potency 2 to "activate" his bloodline but that seems a bit thin.

Just a few thoughts...Sheep?

EDIT: Good luck, Scythe.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 10:45
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

pesonaly i will not require people to have the blood potency of 2 for any bloodline. and i have been helping Elowick with his character today so he should be up and posted soon, and i know vort is still working on his idea, or rather putting it on paper, so that said i would like to get a PM from Fulmen if he is in fact going to make a character or needs help or just so i know he will be joining us or not.

Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:22
Scythe
Bodak

It is written on page 92 and 99 of character creation in it's appropriate sections, quite clearly.

Bloodlines are something special and unique, it is quite normal I believe that they explain them in detail in it's own personal appendix, in it's own chapter. I could simply counter your argument by saying a newborn vampire's blood is simply not strong enough, potent, to be able to have access to a peculiar bloodline (and that 4th discipline which you need to use experience points to even be able to use), even though being born with it from the beginning. There's a reason why it takes 50 years to acquire a single blood potency point, or committing Amaranth on another kindred.

Either way, the DM has favored your side of things; bickering about it any further would be pointless. I'll simply be saving on Merit points.

EDIT: Sheep, you mentioned starting with 15 extra experience points... Can I just add them directly, or do I need to make a version with, and a version without them?

Last edited by Scythe; 24th of March, 2009 at 11:28.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:42
5Solas
Ghoul

Hmm...I'm looking at the 2004 edition and only see references to purchasing additional blood potency and how it increases or decreases, though no reference of a requirement to have a potency of two before allowing a bloodline other than in the appendix. The only reason I'm still curious is that I'm just not seeing it and if it indeed is there, I need to be corrected.

Regardless, you are also correct in the potency of blood and the necessity of time and/or experience to increase it in any respect. Thanks for giving me the references as well and I'll keep searching; in truth, all that is needed is the rule/reference in the appendix though I'm baffled why it's buried so deep and as easily missed in creation like what happened to me.