Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Copper's Games > Rokugan

Unread 23rd of September, 2011, 13:39
AbidingDude
Zombie

Member: #9299
100 hour week is almost over (25 hours left). Once it's over I should have my character up in short order.
Unread 26th of September, 2011, 19:15
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Member: #9086
I've received Private Messages from both Vortigern and Elpresidente, promising me quick efforts to catch up. Since Elpresidente has successfully done so, I'm happy to welcome him back and soldier on where his character and story are concerned.

In the cases of Vortigern and Abidingdude I will be expecting to NPC them both tomorrow when my GameMaster post goes up, but will give both players until Tuesday to get themselves into play. If this has not happened, then I will be removing the character from play.

I'm unwilling to let the game lose momentum even more than it already has due to lack of player response.

Haraphen and Cheveyo: As mentioned previously, I will be looking to get your GameMaster post up from Monday onwards.

Update!: Hey folks. I had asked Haraphen to pass along a message on my behalf, but apparently he forgot to do so.

The internet access at my local library went down, so I was unable to post yesterday. Allegedly it's back up today, however, so I will he headed there shortly to get the posts up.

The deadline for posts from Vortigern and Abidingdude remains in effect (tomorrow at the latest). Elpresidente, as mentioned in my Private Message, I would still like more from you in your post as soon as possible, even if you need to get it up AFTER my own posts.

Last edited by Copper; 26th of September, 2011 at 21:54.
Unread 26th of September, 2011, 21:55
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Haraphen & Cheveyo: After considering your current thread, I've decided to wait a little longer before I post anything, since I think it's important for you to both establish character and relationship.

When I next get my post up for the rest of the group -- Wednesday or Thursday -- then I'll look again at moving you onwards.
Unread 27th of September, 2011, 05:30
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #9579
To all currently present at Kakita's estate:

Katsumi is wearing a black kimono of conservative cut with subtle amber-colored floral patterns etched into its fabric. Her obi is a matching amber color, and is tied behind her in a decorative, feminine bow. She wears wooden geta sandals, as most samurai do, and carries a daisho in her obi. Her hair is long and dark, tied behind her in a maiden's foxtail, with a few strands of it probably either hanging loosely or tucked behind an ear.

She is slightly shorter than average, about 17 years of age, with eyes a lighter brown than is common to Rokugani. She is fairly attractive, but not provocatively so. She speaks with a noticeable Unicorn accent, but with a pleasing, yet commanding voice.

This description is probably at odds with the stereotypical image another samurai likely has of the Unicorn: a clan that wears fur and leather, sleeveless garments and keeps its hair unbound. They wield scimitars and eat red meat, etc.

She currently looks tired, and it is obvious that the road has not been kind to her on a long journey. Her behavior and language in this last scene make it obvious to all that she is, in fact, completely blind, and relies on her servant to keep her aware of visual cues.

The servant girl is wearing a simple red kimono with a violet obi, her dark hair also tied back as is proper. She is slightly shorter than Katsumi, and probably about 16 years of age. She is currently carrying a rolled piece of paper.

Last edited by Foxtrot; 28th of September, 2011 at 03:43. Reason: spellcheck
Unread 27th of September, 2011, 16:19
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Nice post Foxtrot: that's the exact kind of interaction/observation/detail and length that I like to see.

Your description, for future reference, is the kind of thing that would fit well enough in the post proper: if it's something the characters would have noticed without a roll, then it can go therein.

On the subject of my two lagging players: they both have until 2300 tonight my time (15 hours and a half) to post; I will check the forum again at that time and, if nothing is up, will move their threads to my GameMaster area and consider them removed from play permanently.

Last edited by Copper; 27th of September, 2011 at 16:28.
Unread 28th of September, 2011, 10:32
Copper
Shadow [GM]

2300 came and went and still nothing from my two absent players. As promised, they are both now removed from play, and their characters will be taken under my control until I see fit to weave them out of the story (or determine how to make use of them in future tales).

I will be moving their sheets later today (Wednesday), internet access willing, around the time I get up my post for Haraphen and Cheveyo, who have come to a good stopping point in their dialogue. I won't be posting today in A Storm's Wake, however, as I am still waiting on Solar and Elpresidente.

Darius, I will be looking to give you a response later today. There's no reason to delay you further, given your separation from the main party.

Let's keep things moving folks.

Last edited by Copper; 28th of September, 2011 at 10:36.
Unread 28th of September, 2011, 13:18
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Can we impose a time limit for responding to GM posts? Maybe 1 week or so? I don't want to wait an entire month before being able to post something again. Maybe after 1 week we move on without you or the GM controls your character? And after 4 weeks inactive, you are removed from the game?

Last edited by Foxtrot; 2nd of October, 2011 at 03:36. Reason: grammar
Unread 28th of September, 2011, 19:16
Copper
Shadow [GM]

I am initially hesitant to do so, if only because a lot of these first few stories are moulded on character action, conduct and player decision making; my constantly having to NPC folks would force me to direct the story more pointedly, which is not what I want.

That being said, a minimum of one post a week is perfectly reasonable as a recommendation - anyone who can't manage that without due reason won't be in the game long anyways - and I will, from this next post onward be ending all my GamesMaster posts with a deadline for player responses. Those who miss these (without reason to why) will not be waited for, but will be NPC'd; constant failure to post three times in a row (again without reason to why) will result in the player being removed.

I think that's fair. We've a good game here, and I don't intend for it to dry up like some of the other games on the site (this is aimed at none in particular; I merely notice that a lot die from lack of attention).

Update!: I've added a Player Response Deadline to my last GamesMaster post. Be sure to check it, as I will be moving forward with the game at that point, so get said/done all that you want your character to say/do.

Last edited by Copper; 28th of September, 2011 at 19:31.
Unread 29th of September, 2011, 00:26
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Whilst en route to the library to post for the Hours Lost thread, I came to decision that it would be easier for me to get their post up on Monday alongside my next Storm's Wake GamesMaster's response. This is because I will then be able to handle both threads at the same time every Monday after, on the day of each Player's Response Deadline.

Apologies to Cheveyo and Haraphen for this momentary delay, and to Darius for the same reason. I will address each area of the story together when my next GameMaster post is due.

Lastly: Darius, I will also be responding to your Thread question at that time too, if I cannot get to it sooner.
Unread 2nd of October, 2011, 01:51
Copper
Shadow [GM]

If Elpresidente does not post by Monday, I will count this as the second time that he has missed a posting deadline (due to his slow response time of before, and the fact that he has still not managed to update his previous post in the requested way). Kaero would be NPC'd until the next deadline (the 10th, I believe), at which point -- if I have still heard nothing -- I will be removing him from play.

If Elpresidente is still experiencing problems posting, he needs to make me aware of it so that I can allow for absences. This is particularly true now, as he and Foxtrot will be influencing this story greatly through their debates.
Unread 2nd of October, 2011, 17:57
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

I just started GM'ing my first PbP game this past week on this site, and you're all welcome to follow along if you like. It's a Vampire: the Requiem game with a heavy emphasis on the macabre. Don't feel obligated, I just felt like mentioning it.

http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...ad.php?t=12578

Last edited by Foxtrot; 3rd of October, 2011 at 17:38.
Unread 2nd of October, 2011, 22:37
Copper
Shadow [GM]

I'll be visiting a friend of mine's tomorrow in order to post, but will only be able to do so in the evening. Therefore, expect the new GameMaster posts up towards the day's end.

Last edited by Copper; 3rd of October, 2011 at 02:17.
Unread 4th of October, 2011, 13:08
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Much of what Katsumi will say hinges on Solar's response, so I will be waiting for him to post first.
Unread 4th of October, 2011, 17:17
Copper
Shadow [GM]

A perfectly valid response.
Unread 4th of October, 2011, 23:28
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

Member: #9531
Kenjiro is no courtier! Man, he's really out of his depth here, hopefully he can be careful enough to satisfy the Lord and then get the hell out of there. Fun though!
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 00:47
Copper
Shadow [GM]

There's a reason why the book recommends that all samurai take levels in the various Social skills.

On that point, I forgot to add the following to my post: Solar, roll for me Sincerity/Awareness in the Dice Roller thread.

Last edited by Copper; 5th of October, 2011 at 00:54.
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 04:01
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

How do I do dice rolls on this forum then
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 04:09
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
[ roll]4d10b3[/roll] would be Roll 4 keep the best 3 (remove the space from the first bracket). Unfortunately, you need to reroll your own exploding dice and total them manually.

Also, there is the FAQ.
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 04:11
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

fair enough
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 04:20
Darius

You can't reroll in the same post (or otherwise edit dice rolls). Each roll needs its own post.
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 04:24
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

Yeah too me a while to figure it out

Done it now though

Aw yeah got a 40
Unread 5th of October, 2011, 11:35
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Katsumi will wait to see how the rest of this conversation plays out...she wouldn't find it proper to interject in an obviously tenuous conversation like this.

EDIT: at least not at this point
Unread 12th of October, 2011, 00:52
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

So we've apparently lost our GM. To be honest, I'm a more than a bit miffed about the entire ordeal given how much effort I put into this character and my posts in general, but what can you do?
Unread 12th of October, 2011, 07:59
Darius

It was a bit unexpected from my perspective as well. At least you got the chance to interact with some of the other PCs.
Unread 12th of October, 2011, 10:33
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

I think that's the highest average roll in any game I ever played

And I never even got to find out what it did!

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted