Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > Seekers of the Lost Age

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 6th of February, 2011, 00:37
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.45 per day)
Chapter 3: Seeking the foe

The group's journey to the former Beastmen encampment was fairly uneventful. The jungle was hot and extremely humid but strangely quiet, no birds called, no sound but landing of the horses hooves on the ground. Upon reaching the encampment the group was surprised to see that all of the equipment of the Beastmen was still set up. Fur tents stood erected where their inhabitants had pitched them. Cooking pits were stocked with wood unlit and pots empty of food. All of the camp was left as though the Beastmen had simply vanished into thin air.
After searching for a few frustrating minutes of searching Patan kicked a stool "Where did they? No army retreating would leave all of this behind but I can't find a trace of them."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 8th of February, 2011, 02:54
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.74 per day)
"Did you find the commanders tent or anything indicating where the leader might have been? Searching there might bring up something useful....at least I hope it will. If not, then we will have to go scouting in the nearby forest."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 8th of February, 2011, 04:21
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.45 per day)
Patan looked at Tobar, "That's the most frustrating part about this whole thing, take a look around, all of these tents are exactly the same. No markings to differentiate any of them, no banners to mark officers' tents, and you would expect at least a tent larger or far different from any other for their leader. Almost as if this were just a group of commoners out for a camping festival instead of an army encampment. If this wasn't the only sign of beasts in leagues I would wager that this is a decoy."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 9th of February, 2011, 05:12
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.74 per day)
"Yes, I see that. Why would barbarians even be in tents.....if they are as uncivilized as we have been lead to believe?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 28th of February, 2011, 15:46
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.81 per day)
As this is going on, Calsin stands almost perfectly still in the center of the encampment, turning around very slowly. To most, it might seem that Calsin is simply looking around, and he is. But he is not looking just in the material world - he is seeing into the spirit world, attempting to detect a trace of the beastmen, who might have some connection to spirits. At any rate, it is always wise to keep one's eyes open to the immaterial, if just to be cautious.

[OOC: Use Spirit Detecting Glance (3m) and scan the encampment.]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 11th of March, 2011, 07:54
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.45 per day)
Calsin's efforts were not in vain for as he turned his slow circle of the encampment he was surprised and just a little perplexed at the sudden appearance of a gigantic gate on the far end of the camp. The gate, made of dense, dark wood and bound by heavy black iron, would have seemed imposing under normal circumstances. However, normally such a portal would have been securely attached to a matching wall not standing freely as it was, which only increased the sense of foreboding it instilled in Calsin. Stranger still the gate seemed cast in shadow as though in perpetual night instead of illuminated by the afternoon sun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12th of March, 2011, 14:46
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.81 per day)
Calsin motions surreptitiously to Zhung, and when the warrior approaches, he whispers a few words to the effect of his discovery. Then he slowly and quietly approaches the gate*.

First, he walks around to the other side of the gate. If, as he suspects, the other side is just normal field, he will then pluck a blade of grass and touch it to the gate. If this produces no effect, he will toss the blade of grass through the apertures of the gate.

[OOC: *If you need I'll roll stealth for this, as Calsin doesn't want to draw attention to this yet, though he does want someone he trusts to know what's going on and what he's doing.

Also, I could roll investigate or lore on the gate, but I'd like to try the role-playing route out first in this case.]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 19th of March, 2011, 11:03
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.45 per day)
Zhung looked perplexed at Calsin's claim that there was a giant gate on the far side of the campsite, but, given the past few days Zhung wasn't ready to dismiss the notion that there was more to this area than met the eyes. So, with a discrete nod of the head, he followed the young monk to where he claimed the gate loomed. He circled the general area feigning to search the tents in the area for clues he stuck close to where Calsin was inspecting the invisible gateway.

As Calsin drew close to the gate he noticed that it had a distinctly hazy, evanescent quality to it as though even in the spirit realms it wasn't fully made manifest. Upon attempting to circle the gate Clasin noticed that what looked bulky from the front was an illusion for as he approached a perpendicular angle to the gateway it seemed to fade into paper thin and finally vanishing from sight until standing at an angle less than ninety degrees from the front. The intangible appearance of the gate was also confirmed when Calsin attempted to touch the gate with it as it passed through with no hindrance.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 21st of March, 2011, 14:32
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.81 per day)
While Calsin is normally not an incautious man, when it comes to secrets and mysteries, his iron self-control tends to leave him rather quickly. Growing increasingly impatient with his tests, he comes to a decision. Looking quickly to see that Patan is not watching, he reaches out for the iron ring on the door. As he does so, the green key on his banner follows his hand, sliding into the door, though it is invisible to those not looking into the realm of the spirit.

[OOC: I am not channeling my banner yet, in order to try and remain inconspicuous. The bit about the banner is purely flavour - I figure that it is visible around him in the spirit world, even when not directly affecting the material world.]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12th of May, 2011, 09:28
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.74 per day)
Tobar seems uncertain about what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 13th of May, 2011, 22:36
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.45 per day)
Patan looked at Tobar with a haughty expression "Even dogs have the sense to get out of th-" breaking off suddenly he turns sharply to face behind himself and peers off into the trees. "I believe we are being watched." mere seconds later Patan's statement proved true as a humanoid emerged from the trees. "So the beast has graced us with it's presence." said Patan snarkily for it was in fact a beastman, standing full height of a man and walking on two legs but with the fur and face of a jungle cat.
Obviously surprised, it dropped the carcass of the animal it has been chewing on and spoke. "You are early." It said simply.

--------------------------------------------
Calsin's hand passed through the iron ring and the door itself causing a slight chill to creep up his arm. The spirit key passed into the lock but refused to turn the tumbles. From behind him he can hear an unknown voice which caused Zhung to turn toward the source. "We have company. A beastman. Looks like a tiger-man." he whispered to Calsin.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 23rd of May, 2011, 06:12
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.74 per day)
"Interesting that we are early. None the less, we are here. Lets get started shall we?"

Tobar doesn't move, but does do what is necessary to not give offense by using Mastery of Small Manners.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren