Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Stringbean2142's Games > The Fourth Age

Unread 27th of October, 2009, 03:37
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #7644
Also, I just realized with possible combat coming up I should give you a quick breakdown of combats for me. I run combats loose to keep things moving. There is no grid; instead, we'll use common sense to work out whether or not your in range for your attacks. M20 uses a "one action a round" rule for combat, but remember that for closing and attacking in the same turn, charge is an action.

For initiative, I'll post it when combat starts. If there is a surprise round, either the bad guys got it in which case I'll post their actions, etc. in the combat start post. If you have the surprise round, it will be because you started the combat when the enemy wasn't ready. In which case, your post prior to the combat start post will be the combat round. For instance, the big bad starts a monologue and you don't want to here it. Take a surprise round to shoot him. Nice and easy; if you see an opportunity and take it you get a surprise round, otherwise you don't.

Finally, for fluff I usually go off of the Gygax idea that only the last few hit points are serious wounds, so when I describe things I'll make sure to let you know what state the enemy is in, and when serious blood starts flowing you'll know you've got them on the ropes.
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 00:54
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
That's an attempt to gain surprise and headbutt Lar in the face.
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 01:14
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Just about what I was expecting from Qwon, actually. What's a martial arts master without a few bozos to surprise and demolish?

You can roll your own attacks in the dice-rolling thread, or I'll roll them for you. If I roll, they'll be off-camera as it's easier for me to just roll the dice by hand and post then to go to the thread and roll, see what I got, etc. Plus, rolling off-camera means in cases where I don't want to the dice to screw up a key moment (Qwon stands over the big bad, drops a one-liner, and snap kicks... *rolls a one* Wren, who was standing ten feet away).
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 12:55
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #15
Yeah, and the forum die roller hates Gral anyway.

Well I had a wonderfully busy weekend - this is the best time of year in Texas, weather-wise, and there is so much going on! And the kids have had a bunch of extra-curricular things already this week. Plus I'm feeling kind of puny, as my mother would say.

So I'm going to go to bed early instead of working on a post, but I'm sure I'll be able to get something up tomorrow.
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 04:27
Gralhruk

Nice job Kel!

And yes, you might as well just roll for me SB. The die roller does hate me.
Unread 30th of October, 2009, 06:17
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

I'll have posts out tonight; I've got a birthday dinner to go to in a bit, and my mind refuses to focus on something as mundane as spreadsheets, let alone what's needed for proper posts. So after dinner, posts!
Unread 4th of November, 2009, 01:48
Gralhruk

So, I took a little liberty with him rolling through the big guy's legs like that. I wasn't sure if there would be a roll involved but I didn't want to stop the post halfway though. If there is ever an instance where I make an incorrect assumption just let me know what happens and I can edit accordingly.
Unread 4th of November, 2009, 03:31
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

I rolled a DEX check, with a bonus because it was pretty damn cool. If you had missed, I would have kept you in front of him and the damage would have been less (no eye-rolling pain, just the usual I've been kicked in a bad place pain).
Unread 5th of November, 2009, 03:53
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Before I answer IC, can I ask if any of what the strange elf has said so far means anything to Wren? What does she know of elves to begin with? She's traveled around the North - how often (if at all) has she run across any? In particular, do the terms "Words of the Nightmare" and "Dreamer's Veil" mean anything to her?
Unread 5th of November, 2009, 04:13
Stringbean2142
Ghoul [GM]

Kelemyn - Sorry, I should've detailed that first. Wren's never met an elf before; they've all retreated into... somewhere during the current age, and are rarely seen in the world. She'd know they are called the Children of Dreams, and they showed up during the First Age. Dreamer's Veil isn't something you've heard before, neither is "Words of the Nightmare." But (and I'll add this into the World Info thread, as I meant to before) all gods have a mirror image, one that reflects the antithesis of their base nature. The Dream's mirror is the Nightmare, and usually texts that say "The Words of ..." are religious in nature.

Gral - Feel free to put the next post wherever you want between now and several hours later. You can continue the conversation, or fast forward to hours later in the tavern, whatever you'd like to see. The fat man's name is Aaron, and he really is as dumb as he seems.
Unread 6th of November, 2009, 02:21
Gralhruk

Hmmmm. I'm thinking maybe jump to the two of them in the tavern. If possibly, I'd like to have sold the sword in town on the way to the bar, so I have some money to actually spend on alcohol.
Unread 11th of November, 2009, 08:51
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

It turns out that Tyrnea's speech was a lot for Wren to digest! I'm working on a post but it hasn't come together for me yet.
Unread 18th of November, 2009, 02:20
Gralhruk

So . . . how's things?
Unread 18th of November, 2009, 22:38
Kelemyn
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Things are good here.
Unread 19th of November, 2009, 00:55
Gralhruk

Well that's good to hear . How are you doing Candleman? Things are quiet without Stringbean. I wonder where he's gotten to.
Unread 19th of November, 2009, 03:13
Candleman
Spawn of Kyuss [GM]

Member: #2004
I'm doing alright, getting over a bad flu. Thanks for asking I hope that's the similar case with Stringbean, and he'll be back soon.
Unread 3rd of December, 2009, 04:38
Gralhruk

Everyone have a good holiday? Has our GM returned yet?