Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 9th of January, 2007, 07:12
Snippersly
Small Zombie

Member: #2293
3 Galaxies In Turmoil- PbP

The Teaser: War is always raging somewhere in the 3 Galaxies, but this new crop of assaults and unprovoked attacks between allied and friendly nations may be the straw that plunges all factions into a full scale war where everyone is the enemy. Free Trade is on the verge of ceasing, tempers in government halls are flaring and battleships are poised to leave their docks to defend thier faction and portion of the galaxy. Even the Cosmo Knights seemed concerned and are one of the few sources of stability in this tumultuous time. Why are these attacks happening, who is executing them, is this piracy, or a move towards supremecy...

Playing Characters need to me members of the CCW/CAF with at least one PC as a Fleet Officer. All other OCC/RCC's are open, but pilot skills should be considered. Psionic/mages are okay if you can fit it in with your PC background. I will allow 1 Cosmo Knight PC in the group if some one wants to play on.

Players will be on a ship and have three options:
1) Be the command staff like a Star Trek Bridge Crew
2) Be the combat pilots flying space fighters form the ship
3) A combo of both would be nice, a bridge officer present so the ship can battle it out with the pilots as well, and call the shots while the pilots are loose like a Galactica kinda set up.

Your mission will be laid out upon arrival and believe me when I tell you, the fate of the 3 Galaxies could rest in your hands.

I've got a lot of work to do to get this campaign together so we won't be starting right away. I'd like 4 but no more than 6 players for now. Ideally I'd like 1-2 PCs on the bridge and the rest in fightercraft or as a Cosmo Knight fighting with them.

Post questions, ideas and concept and I'll kick them around with you or email me at snippersly@yahoo.com Even if nothing comes to mind now but you want to play, just sound off so I can hold you a spot.

System is Rifts and I will include RUE Rules. This game will take place at:
[Link Removed] My home forum, and a great place to game and discuss all things Palladium. Thegame forum is not set up yet, but should be ready in a week.

Snippersly

Itchy Edit: Get interest from people then post a link to another forum. Not before.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
Unread 9th of January, 2007, 07:53
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
“ Originally Posted by Snippersly Post questions, ideas and concept and I'll kick them around with you or email me at snippersly@yahoo.com Even if nothing comes to mind now but you want to play, just sound off so I can hold you a spot.

System is Rifts and I will include RUE Rules. This game will take place at:
[Link Removed] My home forum, and a great place to game and discuss all things Palladium. Thegame forum is not set up yet, but should be ready in a week.
”
Are you intending to run the game here? Having a vast Rifts experience and knowledge, although, I've not played much with Phase World or the Three Galaxies (I do have the Phase World book and a sourcebook somewhere, considering getting more), I'd like to be considered for Cosmo Knight.
Unread 10th of January, 2007, 18:00
Silverback
Skeleton

Member: #2373
i like the idea!! can i join?
Unread 10th of January, 2007, 19:10
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
Yargh I sold ALL my rifts books to pay for my move I have been dyin for a sci-fi game I can play and I'd love to take a pilot OCC... if I had the 3 galaxies Rifts books! Can you hold a spot for me until I can order the books (again) from palladium?

EDIT: All I have at this stage is the Rifts main book (not UE).

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 10th of January, 2007 at 21:31.
Unread 10th of January, 2007, 23:07
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by RelentlessNight EDIT: All I have at this stage is the Rifts main book (not UE). ”
When I actually start makng my pc, I'd be happy to help you craft one. I'm still waiting more details as I got an email last night from the gm.

I ordered the other Phase World books for a Xmas Grab Bag before it ended Monday night.
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 02:03
Snippersly
Small Zombie

Lando...I sent you a email, the details are in there.

Silverback- PM me on www.nexusnine.net or email me at snippersly@yahoo.com if you still want in. I have all th epilot positions open, and the CK position open. I think Lando will Captain us and I already have another player who wants to be on the bridge.

Restless Knight: If you need a pilot OCC I can scan it in and emial it to you if it will help. The Rifts main book should be all you need to finish that up. Again, PM me on N9 or email me.

Scott S
Snippersly

Unread 11th of January, 2007, 03:51
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Alright will read it after work/tonight, I'll likely take captain position and be a Cosmo Knight or some other OCC (have to check my Phase World stuff). i ordered Three Galaxies and Anvil Galaxy book so I'm awaiting them. What type of ship will it be?
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 06:44
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

May I use the PhaseWord rules to create an alien race RCC?
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 07:07
Snippersly
Small Zombie

If it is a CCW / CAF accepted race. Noro/Wolfen/Human etc. Just let me know what alien race you are thinking about. I'm not looking for anything too outlandish here. Keep it simple if possible.

Lando- I'll hold both positions till I hear further from you... As for hte ship, I' havent settled on one yet. I'm not sure how BIG I want to go. I'm thinking an attack ship but am not ruling out a battle cruiser either. I might even drum up a custom ship... I'm working more on plot and outline now than I am details. When I get the forum on N9 up, most of hte info will be there.

Snipper

Unread 11th of January, 2007, 07:32
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Snippersly rum up a custom ship... I'm working more on plot and outline now than I am details. When I get the forum on N9 up, most of hte info will be there. ”
Oh, why aren't you running it here? I already visit 4 pbp boards, not sure I want to worry about another.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 11th of January, 2007 at 07:38.
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 09:07
Snippersly
Small Zombie

I'm running it on N9 because that is my home. I am a founding member and was around when N9 used to be run by Jason Richards and was called the 2200 Gallon Think Tank. I'm a moderator on N9 and am an author and huge supporter of our Netbooks that we produce and write and edit.

I have nothing against this forum, it's just not home though... Nexus Nine is my Serenity...my home.

I apologize for any inconvience, it is not my intention to make things difficult, and you'll only have to post 1X a week, so you won't visit it too often.

Unread 11th of January, 2007, 10:04
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Snippersly I apologize for any inconvience, it is not my intention to make things difficult, and you'll only have to post 1X a week, so you won't visit it too often. ”
Ah, ok, that's understandable since you're part of that community and all for so long. Well once you got the forum setup I'll make an account there then.
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 19:06
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Its been awhile since I've looked at the books, but I'm thinking of the Wolfen bounty hunters (star marshalls?) which are basically bionic/cybernetic? Am I on the right track here and would that be suitable for a pilot role?
Unread 11th of January, 2007, 22:30
Snippersly
Small Zombie

The Wolfen Star Marshalls can have cybernetics, but I dont think they go full conversion. A Wolfen pilot would be a cool PC in the mix. Roll it up.

Did you want to be one of two Flight Leaders or the Wing Commander which oversees all the flight groups.

Unread 12th of January, 2007, 13:32
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1105
I am interested, Rifts was my second RPG ever and I love the world very much. I have no real problem joining another board to play but I am curious about a few things. How often will the GM be posting and updating? Is there a minimum post requirement you are looking for from the players?

I recently had to leave a game here due to lack of posting by the GM. I'd like to avoid that if possible. If accepted in to your game, I can promise to post at least once a day (whenever my character has something to respond to that is).
Unread 12th of January, 2007, 21:34
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Flight Leader or a plain ol pilot. I find rping leadership roles... difficult... Can you supply me with the rules or something snipps since as I stated previously, I don't have the books anymore -sniffs-. I thought the Star Marshalls were basically full conversion borgs with a synthetic/look-a-like fur/skin covering.

EDIT: TocRat - Are you querying honestly or trying to have a dig at someone?
Unread 12th of January, 2007, 22:56
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

“ Originally Posted by RelentlessNight Flight Leader or a plain ol pilot. I find rping leadership roles... difficult... Can you supply me with the rules or something snipps since as I stated previously, I don't have the books anymore -sniffs-. I thought the Star Marshalls were basically full conversion borgs with a synthetic/look-a-like fur/skin covering.

EDIT: TocRat - Are you querying honestly or trying to have a dig at someone?
”
If it was a "dig" I would have mentioned a name, that becomes even more true considering...well if I mention why, that takes us back to that naming thing.

So to answer your question with no room for doubt, yes it was an honest inquiry on my part.

Oh, if you need help with the books just let me know. I have the 1st and 2nd Phase world books. Sadly I no longer have a working scanner but I can still relay information to you.

Last edited by TocRat05; 12th of January, 2007 at 23:29.
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 00:55
Snippersly
Small Zombie

For posting:
My goal is to post once a week, and maybe one or two shorter clarification/OOC posts to go with it. Depending on my work schedule (Which is hectic) and life in general interferring, the posts may slip to 1.5 a week. I will strive to get the weekly post done, typically on Mon or Tues nights so you guys have the week to mull over a response.

For players, I'ld like 1 post a week back from you. I understand you ahve the same life restrictions we all have otherwise we wouldnt be playing via email...we'd be around a table twice a week in a real group. Sometimes if you're busy let me know and we can post without you and you can catch up later on. Sometimes you may not have a lot to post depending on which part or PC of the story is being focused on. I try to avoid narrowing the story area but it happens sometimes.

Restless: Which PC do you want me to scan and send you. The Wolfen Star Marshall?
Also, if you can't hack leadership (They are just NPCs to boss around) I could put you in an XO spot under TocRat, like a second in command and we can have 1 larger flight group instead of 2 smaller ones. The game will work the same either way I think.

Anyway, I'm holding spots for you two. TOCRAT, check your email.

Lando...did you decide captain or Cosmo Knight? Let me know ASAP.

Snippersly

PS- Game is almost full now.

Unread 13th of January, 2007, 02:44
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Put in a spot for me then Snippersly. One post a week or so isn't going to kill anybody I think ;-).

I am thinking of one of the standard races, but as a bridge officer with a Russian personality. He could be Captain or Commander either way, but physically impressive if I can get him that way.

Second concept is a Cosmo Knight JAG type officer that joins the fighter wing on occation, like when their are missions outside of Ship Communications range. Although if there is already a Cosmo Knight, that might not work as having 2 of them assigned to the same ship seems like a little bit of overkill.

I might have another concept brewing, but I will have to wait till Saterday to get a look at some books ;-)
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 06:52
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Yes, could you scan in the Star Marshall plus any new skills that are in the Phase World books as well? I'll take a look at the OCC and skills and work something up.
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 07:55
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

I see some folks can't let things just go quietly. Hope you have a blast here TocRat.

Since TocRat is referring to a my game in which he dropped out, and btw, it was going lovely recently until 2 of the others players dropped out due to medical issues as well. I've seen a great many other games here go far worse than mine. Last year I kept everyone informed as to why their were delays .... I also bought a house, had pneumonia all year (in both lungs), worked and took care of my family and kept my games going. Yes, people come and go and things happen. I even have some new players joining to replace those who had to drop out or chose to drop out. So have a lovely time together.

I'll just not play in this game so feel free to give my spot to someone else.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 13th of January, 2007 at 08:01.
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 09:51
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
Thats to bad Lando, having an experienced RIFTer around is always helpful.

Just remember that my game ended due to lack of activity and players (8 of them) droping out. TocRat had a few choice words for me about that at the time.....so there are at least two people that I know that he could be talking about and one of them is me.

NOT TO WORRY!

Just waiting for access to some books, hopefully on Saterday!
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 11:24
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Thanos NOT TO WORRY! Just waiting for access to some books, hopefully on Saterday! ”
He mentioned the Rifts game which he really didn't need to single out, but that's his choice. There are over a dozen games I've joined that have flaked here and I don't harp on them, just move on. Not to mention other folks had to leave due to RL reasons. Anyhow, I'm going to talk to the GM and see, I can certainly do 1 post a week easy if the game is flowing along.

I'm rebuilding the party for my game and the gm is actually going to be one of the new players.

I found my Rifts Phase World sourcebook and have Anvil Galaxy and Three Galaxies coming via Xmas grab bag (bought another Monday night before the offer expired). So if you want any help let me know, I'd be happy to offer it too.
Unread 13th of January, 2007, 11:38
TocRat05
Spawn of Kyuss

“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi I see some folks can't let things just go quietly. Hope you have a blast here TocRat.

Since TocRat is referring to a my game in which he dropped out, and btw, it was going lovely recently until 2 of the others players dropped out due to medical issues as well. I've seen a great many other games here go far worse than mine. Last year I kept everyone informed as to why their were delays .... I also bought a house, had pneumonia all year (in both lungs), worked and took care of my family and kept my games going. Yes, people come and go and things happen. I even have some new players joining to replace those who had to drop out or chose to drop out. So have a lovely time together.

I'll just not play in this game so feel free to give my spot to someone else.
”
I thought I WAS quite. I didn't mention any names did I? I was only voicing a good question for anyone intending on playing, that whole "Know what you are getting in to" bit of wisdom. It wasn't an attack on you, how could it be with no names mentioned? Oh and if you look at my post again, you will see I didn't even mention what the game I left was. Only that I had left due to lack of posting by the GM. It is regretable that you feel singled out but as Thanos said, I could very well have been referring to his game.

Forgetting all that as being in the past, I hope to have an enjoyable roleplaying exp. in this game with everyone of the players and GM.

So you are looking for once a week postings by the players and you will be posting at the same rate? I can handle that. I will/have sent you an email with character details and other such stuff. I look forward to the start of this game.

Last edited by TocRat05; 13th of January, 2007 at 11:44.
Unread 16th of January, 2007, 10:25
Snippersly
Small Zombie

For info: Game is full. Thank you all for applying and trying. Awsome response. For further info or questions go to www.nexusnine.net and look for the 3 Galaxies in Turmoil PbP thread.

Also- Please desist the "Discussion" about other former PbP PBEM games. I have run many that have failed, some of them because of me. It is not always easy to put on a game especially as a GM. Life is always throwing us a curve ball and sometimes games fall by the wayside.

Thank you.
Snippersly

PS- Lando, I wish you the best with your pnemonia. Having a kid that just went through that I can sympathize. I'll pray for you.