Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > DŁnya

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 12th of June, 2008, 01:26
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Vilmos leaps up, grabs his weapon, and stares at the creature, attempting to figure out just what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 12th of June, 2008, 04:11
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.61 per day)
Gel watches and waits.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 12th of June, 2008, 04:34
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Cantering towards the long boat, Teliq is the first to be able to tell what was so odd about the outline: the lower back is arched as if the creature were lying down and had reared up from the waist up to look into the longboat.

As he continues to close, the creature looks up at his approach and Teliq can see a salted fish in one hand and the tail of another dangling from its mouth. Its gorilla mouth, though even that description doesn't seem quite right.

Then the creature rears up, revealing a second set of arms and beats its breast as it roars at Teliq in a display that is clearly supposed to be frightening, but which only serves to let Teliq identify the creature definitively: the creature is a girallon and it's been eating the salvaged fish stores.

[OOC: Intimidate 16 vs. Level check 17. Fails.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 12th of June, 2008, 18:51
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
Teliq swerved sharply sideways, shouting "Girralon, Loose, Loose at will." Counting the flight time in his head, he curved back, tossing a javelin at it to try and draw it out to where he could get a decent charge.
"Bonecrack", he cursed as his timing proved too clever and an arrow impact caused the beast to be no-where near his javelin.

Last edited by Grognard; 13th of June, 2008 at 03:36.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 13th of June, 2008, 03:52
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
"Bah, that be no way ta fight!"


Vilmos begins to run as fast as he can at the beast, and charges as soon as he is able to, swinging his axe down hard.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 13th of June, 2008, 12:29
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.61 per day)
Gel charges the beast and swings his double axe to rend the creature in twine.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 18th of June, 2008, 05:08
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Reacting to Teliq's shout of what the animal is, Gel and Vilmos start running towards the girallon, with Gel just a bit faster on the mark than Vilmos.

The girallon, seeing Teliq run away (to it's mind) goes back to what it was doing in the longboat until the rain of projectiles falls down on it. The combined firepower, however, serves more to startle the creature than hurt it.

Now close enough to mount a charge, Gel has at the girallon, his axe swinging. The sand, however, is not quite as firm as he estimated and his axe catches the longboat gunwale rather than the girallon.

Beaten to the punch by the orc, Vilmos finds himself unable to charge and must content himself with moving around the girallon to flank it.

Startled and angered by the attack, the girallon roars and lashes out with claw and teeth. Two claws find Gel's chest and tear out a hunk of flesh, causing the orc to faint from the pain. The other two and the creature's teeth are directed at Vilmos, but the dwarf's armor protects him from most of the pain and the girallon's fur is singed by his flaming mantle.

[OOC: Initiative: Gel, Vilmos, girallon, Teliq, archers

Girallon hp: 53/58

Gel runs.

Vilmos runs.

Girallon goes back to whatever it was doing.

Teliq delays while archers fire.

Archers fire, only one hits.

Teliq throws his javelin and misses.

Gel charges the girallon. 13 vs. AC 16. Misses.

Vilmos moves into a flanking position.

Girallon attacks Gel (2 claws). 31 & nat 20 (crit confirm 29) vs. AC 15. Hits and crits. Deals 10 and 18 damage and rends for 15. Gel is at 0 hp (19 excess). Fort 14 vs. DC 19. Fails. Gel takes 5 Con damage and is in Critical condition.

Girallon attacks Vilmos (2 claws and bite). 15, 19, & 15 vs. AC 18. Miss, hit, and miss. Deals 9 damage. Girallon takes 5 fire damage from Vilmos' mantle.

Archer's delay for further orders from Teliq.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 19th of June, 2008 at 06:46.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 18th of June, 2008, 18:53
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
Teliq concentrated on the pain in his head, throwing a shield between him and the animal. Then, wincing internaly, he scooped up Gel'thark, dodging the Girralon's response and continuing his move in a great circle to the rear of the line.

"See to it he snapped at Athos, depositing Gelthark at his feet. "Wait for a clear shot foals, steady".

Moving on to the sailors he demonstrated his command of Human "Shout.Make noise.Throw things.No close".

Circling on, he looked to rejoin the fight.

<<Ooc- two AoO for the Girralon on Teliq.(Ac 25 with defensive). Think thats two rounds worth of actions>>

Last edited by Grognard; 18th of June, 2008 at 18:55.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 19th of June, 2008, 05:28
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Vilmos growls at the wound, and swings his axe at the Girallon hard.

<OOC: 25 deals 5 on hit. (Note: the girallon should have taken 1d6 points of fire damage from hitting Vilmos from his mantle of flame soulmeld)>
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 20th of June, 2008, 22:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Seeing Gel goes down, Teliq fortifies his defenses and moves in to retrieve the orc. At the same time, he orders his archers to be ready to shoot once they have a clear shot again.

Swinging his axe, Vilmos nicks the girallon once more.

With one new and one old target, the girallon lashes out around it, causing both of its targets to wince with the pain of new injuries. Vilmos especially realizes that he can't take any more punishment like that.

Grabbing the orc, Teliq makes a hasty retreat, deftly avoiding the claws of the girallon that snake in to try and take advantage of that opening.

[OOC: Initiative: Gel, Vilmos, girallon, Teliq, archers

Girallon hp: 31/58

Teliq manifests force screen and moves up next to Gel.

Archers ready action to shoot when girallon is not engaged in melee.

Gel Fort 24 (nat 20) vs. DC 10. Auto success and Gel beats the DC by more than 5. Gel is now in Serious Condition.

Vilmos attacks girallon. Hits. Deals 5 damage.

Girallon attacks Vilmos (2 claws and bite). 26, 25, & 19 vs. AC 18. All hit. Deals 8, 7, & 4 damage and rends for 14. That's 5 more damage than necessary to bring Vilmos to 0 hp. Fort 23 vs. DC 12. Success. Vilmos is disabled. Girallon takes 5, 2, & 1 fire damage from Vilmos' mantle.

Girallon attacks Teliq (2 claws). nat 20 & 24 vs. AC 22. Both hit, one threatens. 13 vs. AC 22. Fails to confirm critical hit. Deals 8 & 9 damage and rends for 14.

Teliq picks up Gel, provoking an AoO. Girallon attacks Teliq. 20 vs. AC 22. Misses. Teliq retreats with Gel in tow. This also provokes, but girallon can only make one AoO per round.

Archers (except Athos) still don't have a clear shot (since Vilmos is still engaging the girallon) and so ready their action again.
Athos looks after Gel, but finds him already stable and not in need of further immediate care.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 21st of June, 2008, 07:26
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
Cursing himself for a brain-sick fool, Teliq planted all four hooves in the ground at the end of the line. "should be old enough to know better" he muttered. Pulling another javelin from his harness, he waited with the others.

ooc- will spend my move action to move three points from reserve to hp

Last edited by Grognard; 24th of June, 2008 at 09:58.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 21st of June, 2008, 21:16
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Vilmos reels from the blows, but is too stubborn for his own good. He looks over at the beast, and takes another swing, refusing to lose. After all, it's a monkey beast thing, how can it be tougher than a dwarf?

<OOC: Attack with axe, 17 deals 5 on a hit.>
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 25th of June, 2008, 09:40
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Gritting his teeth, Vilmos' axe opens another bite in one of the girallon's arms, but he pays for it several fold when the girallon returns the favor and drops the unsteady dwarf.

Having defeated his challenger, the girallon roars in triumph and settles down to enjoy it's rewards.

Or at least it starts to. More arrows and a javelin soon rain down on the creature again and it roars in frustration when one or two rip along it's flesh. Turning to the only creature in it's vicinity, the animal roars at Vilmos' prone form. When the dwarf fails to react, the girallon snuffs at him once or twice to satisfy himself that his adversary is truly defeated and then turns back to the long boat again.

[OOC: Initiative: Gel, Vilmos, girallon, Teliq, archers

Girallon hp: 7/58

Vilmos attacks girallon. Hits and deals damage. This forces him to make another Fort save to remain conscious. Fort 20 vs. DC 12. Success. Vilmos is still conscious and disabled.

Girallon attacks Vilmos. 26, 30, 20, 29, & 16 vs. AC 18. Claws hit, bite misses. Deals 7, 10, 8, & 8 damage and rends for 17 damage. Vilmos must make a new Fort save after each hit. Fort 17 vs. DC 15. Success. Fort 24 vs. DC 20. Success. Fort 19 vs. DC 24. Fails. Vilmos takes 5 Con damage and is in Critical Condition. Girallon won't continue to attack after Vilmos goes down so remaining hit and rend are no longer needed. Girallon takes 6, 2, & 3 fire damage from mantle.

Vilmos's going down triggers the archer's readied action (girallon is no longer in melee). All arrows fly wide.

Teliq draws a javelin and takes a breather.

Vilmos must save against dying. Fort 15 vs. DC 10. Success. Vilmos is in Serious Condition.

With no remaining melee combatants, girallon goes back to what it was doing.

Archers fire again. One hit, one crit. Deals 8 damage total.

Teliq throws a javelin and misses.

Girallon sniffs at Vilmos' unconcious form and then goes back to what it was doing.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 25th of June, 2008, 18:50
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
Teliq tossed another javelin,panting.
Salist and Vos crowed as they got into the groove, the first arrow marking the way for the second,bringing the creature down.
Well done troops, meat tonight. Teliq trotted forward to finish it, bringing Vilmos back to Athos tender mercies on his way back.

Last edited by Grognard; 25th of June, 2008 at 19:13.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 26th of June, 2008, 04:08
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Raining more arrows down on the girallon, one of the archers manages to find their mark perfectly this time and the girallon collapses into the sand.

Trotting over to finish it off, Teliq recovers Vilmos's body and takes it back to Athos, who begins to look after the dwarf and the orc.

"Do you think there are more creatures like that on the island?"

One of the sailors asks Teliq as they begin to rematerialize from where ever it was they had gone during the brief fight.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 26th of June, 2008, 05:07
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
"Is island. Where one is two. May more. Keep watch. Not worry it dumb beast. Shout beat chest go arrgh. We professional. Kill range. Check ship more?" he replied.
"Athos when you are done with them see to these will you" he said looking at the wounds in his flank.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 27th of June, 2008, 01:29
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member: #2862
Location: South Africa
Posts: 518 (0.13 per day)
Teliq turned to Sal."Well done Salist Sharpeyes. Well spotted indeed!"
Tasks of the Day.
Janse,Sal turn that thing into food.
Mel when you are done with the javelins and arrows I want that things hide for a rug.General task for you when you are not busy with other things, Slings for the sailors.I'm not having them useless in a fight again. If you know something faster do it.
Athos you got the wounded.Come with me first though.
Bill you're with me. We are going to backtrack that thing, see what we are dealing with.
Hap see what you can do for greens. There is nearly a ton of meat on that thing, but without greens we are in trouble.
Cel,Vos you got the Guard. You will rotate out with Bill and I when we return.
Dismissed to posts.
He moved over to the sailors, Athos trailing him to translate.
"Right I have been patient,it ends here. It is entirely unacceptable that if another of those things turns up you are scattered individualy through the forest to be picked off. You will pick a Captain and you will do so quickly. Call it unreasonable Guild prejudice if you will but this leaderless milling will stop. If you can't or won't settle on someone then I will set one of my own over you.
I want four things from you today. You have heard the first.
Second,Yavuz. I want an answer from you or your captain on the chance of repair.
Third I want that reef sounded.
Fourth I want supplies brought from the ship. Make an inventory and discuss priorities with Sal.
Hate me if you want to people but I will keep you alive if I have to kick every last one of you to Mare-Lost.
Bill let us go.
Not stopping for arguement he headed off for the Girralon's footprints.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 1st of July, 2008, 06:37
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Nodding in acknowledgement of their orders, Teliq's mercenaries quickly get to work at their assigned tasks while Athos translates for the sailors.

Needless to say, the sailors are not exactly thrilled with Teliq's laying down the law, but after a bit of grumbling, they agree to his demands and trudge towards the longboat and the cockshells to head out to the ship. Apparently they'll settle the issue of captaincy out there amongst themselves.

With that, Teliq and Bill head off to follow the girallon's footprints.

About an hour after Teliq and Bill leave, Gel and Vilmos begin to stir. Both are in extreme pain still, but they're functional. Given a few days they'll be right as rain again.

* * *

Following the girallon's tracks, Teliq finds that the wander around the edge of the forest near the camp ground, almost in a pacing back and forth motion. Clearly the girallon came across the ship wreck site early yesterday but the day's activity kept it from coming out of the woods to investigate. It wasn't until activity died down after Io set that it got up the courage to venture out of the woods.

Because of the criss-crossing nature of the girallon's tracks, an hour of following them finds Teliq nearly back at the campsite. Indeed, he finds himself almost exactly in the spot where he encountered the rustling in the bushes yesterday.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 1st of July, 2008, 08:08
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Vilmos grunts, and attempts to stand. After trudging to his feet, he slowly walks away from everyone else a fair amount, and sits down by a tree to rest, on the edge of the area.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren