Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > Dünya

Closed Thread
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 04:06
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
IC - Prelude - The Captain's Table

Three gün at sea and Pelor had dipped below the horizon for more than a full gün. The sunside sky was still lit up in the spectacular aftermath of the unusual sunset, but the nights were noticably darker than the days now and so the meal that the captain had invited his shipboard guests to could properly be called a dinner since it was scheduled to take place just as Io would set.

Dwarf, Thri-kreen, centaur, orc, elf, grimlock and human gather around the table and for this special meal the captain has arranged for foods from each of their homelands to be present. Well, except for dwarven food. The captain, as it turns out when he is asked about the oversight is allergic to the paprika that almost invariably flavors those dishes and thus he has selected a dwarven ale to drink instead. A most suitable substitute most everyone would agree.

"Friends, we've been at sea now a few days and I'm glad to say that we're making good time. There are still several hafta left to our voyage, but I wanted to take this opportunity to get to know you better. Now that we've cleared the shallows and are in open ocean, you won't be quite so much in the way on deck and thus won't have to stay within your cabins quite as much. Indeed, excepting a storm, I strongly suspect that you will be spending much of your time on deck in order to avoid some of the more ranker smells that can build up in a cabin that is occupied for an extended period of time. So long as you stay out of my crew's way, however, there should be little problem.

For now, however, eat and drink.
"
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 09:19
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
Drinking deeply of his mug, Vilmos turns a sour eye to the captain, and grumbles, muttering something about his food not being present.
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 09:49
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
Gel was smiling, revealing his large tusks, when he saw that the Captain had used some of the fish he had caught for the meal. He took several large cod and a boar's leg from the table and placed them on an already crowded plate filled with vegetables from foreign lands and small bits of foreign food that he thought looked appetizing.

"Thank you captain, for the food! I will at least be enjoying myself tonight!" Gel says beginning to stuff his face with his boar's leg, "By the way," He spits, half eaten boar spilling out of his mouth, "Wher'r we makin' port again?"
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 01:52
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Returning Vilmos's sour eye with little more than a raised eyebrow, the captain makes a point of taking a heavy swig of ale before responding to Gel's question.

"Liman eventually, but we'll be making a stop at an island trading outpost in about a hafta. Got some baubles in Kikötõ that the underwater races should like."
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 08:09
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Gel grunts in approval and begins devouring more food.
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 11:11
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
"Does tha' really matta? Why dun' we be gettin' on wit it!"

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 16th of February, 2008 at 02:45.
Unread 16th of February, 2008, 07:36
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"I'm a businessman friend dwarf. This is how I 'get on wit it'.""

Rolling his eyes, the captain enters into a low conversation with the navigator on his left, presumably to discuss the ship's course. No one, however, is able to catch more than the first few words because the first mate seated at the captain's right launches into a loud story about an encounter he had with a pair of troglodytes and a mermaid once, almost as if on cue.
Unread 18th of February, 2008, 06:57
Grognard
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #2862
Hooves clatter on the deck as Teliq moves over to the Captain.
"Ask the scraeling how much time this will add"
"Good Captain, my master would enquire, as this stop is unscheduled, how long this will add to our voyage time?
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 12:07
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

A little miffed that his conversation was interrupted, the captain responds with a bit of a snappish tone, "I wouldn't go so far as to call this stop unscheduled. This island is one of a few reprovisioning choices we have. Really, I'd call the business a bonus more than anything.

Besides, I've cargo on this ship that's bound for Liman same as you. I'd lose more business delaying that cargo by too long than I'd gain by stopping anywhere that was out of the way.
"
Unread 22nd of February, 2008, 09:45
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Gel hangs out on the deck of the ship for the majority of the remaining trip trying to catch fish with his net and swearing at the bigger fish that get away in orcish, which happens to be many of them since he's not very proficient at fishing yet.