Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > DŁnya

Closed Thread
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 06:04
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Member: #1506
" I also would like to challenge the fact that they heard me and my brother talking and that they even understood what we said. I will prove this part right now."

Turning to Skasa, Manweh'mato begins to talk, listing the names of all the animals in can think of, pretending to talk in sentences instead of a list. He stops after a while and asks the now hated Scevola to say what he said.

Manweh'mato also shows the daggers that were thrown at him and pleads the proprietor to go inspect for himself the physical evidence of the fight. He offers to recreate the events from his point of view to Xue and the owner. He figures simplicity, openess and truth will be evident in himself. He does not try to spin a tale like the lying nephew. For a second, Manweh'mato regrets having letting him live. When he realizes his train of thought, he tries to stop it and thinks once more of all the nasty things those damn precious coins of metal make everyone do.
Unread 23rd of July, 2006, 07:29
Jop
Shadow

Member: #1526
"Yes Brother. But them pick lock. So, have they uh... lock pick? on them?"
Skasa says, talking both to his brother and to Xue, trying to give his side of this weird story...
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 00:54
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
"That will not be necessary, Soltlak," Xue replies to the lizardman, quashing his tendancy to violence, "However, I do agree with Manweh'mato. A truthseeker will be able to determine this case quickly. Amato, is there anyone in town who can know the truth of a man by listening to him?"

"Fatto used to be able to, but he died two ays ago and none of his children seem to have inherited the talent," Amato replies, shaking his head.

Frowning, Xue and Amato's attention are next drawn to Manweh'mato's "demonstration" of how Scevola could not have understood any discussion between him and Skasa. To Xue and Amato, however, the demonstration is less than convincing. Neither can understand what Manweh'mato is saying when he speaks Deepling anyway, so as far as they know, he's speaking gibberish. Both of their faces clearly indicate that they are not further convinced by the demonstration.

"Why don't you just tell us what happened as you saw it, Manweh'mato" Xue says, "there is no need to call Scevola names or otherwise insult anybody. A simple recitation of the facts should suffice."
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 07:44
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" That is a very good idea. Here is the truth. Back in my room on the second floor, I heard them saying that a person, I guessed they meant Xue, was alone on the top floor but to be quiet as we, his employees were on this floor. That completly woke me in an instant. I grabbed this dagger, woke my brother and headed upstairs to have a look for myself. On my way there, I heard them whispering to one another about adding grease to the locked door to make less noise. Both of them were in front of Xue's room at that moment, working on the lock. I told them to leave right now and that I would let them go. I did not wanted Xue disturbed you see, he has better things to think about than people trying to break into his room.

The did not take my offer to leave in peace. Both of them threw a dagger at me, the ones I showed to you before. That is when I screamed for help myself and defended myself before they could harm me. A bit after, my brother, Skasa and Sara joined in the fight to subdue them. Once they realized they were losing, they finally dropped their weapons like I told them to. These are the other two daggers that I showed to you. Then they started screaming very loud. Woke everyone up, I am sorry about that boss, I was merely trying to protect you and your sleep. Then we all came down here and here we are now. At least, search them for any lockpicks. I have nothing further to say. I will uphold local law and do as you tell me Xue. "

Manweh'mato has done a huge effort not to lose his cool as he was takling and did his best to keep names from his version. He has not moved an inch from his seat but his eyes were looking in turn at the two burglars, Xue and also at the proprietor, each in turn. So much repressed anger is in his eyes and anyone looking at his hands, sees two fists of white skin, so tightly Manweh'mato is holding them.
Unread 30th of July, 2006, 01:56
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"You are the one who attacked us first," Scevola interjects, "How else do you explain that we are the one's injured while you remain unscarred?" he finishes, pointing to his scratches to demonstrate his point.
Unread 30th of July, 2006, 12:17
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

I explain that because you are even a worse fighter than a thief!
Breathe, breathe, the truth will come out.

Manweh'mato does not react or move, even if his position is tense and he is boiling of anger inside. He does not want to act agressively to possibly prove their point of him being the agressor and instigator of the fight. He does his best to keep a blank face and to stay cool. Ignoring the taunt of Scevola, he looks at Xue, straight in his eyes, unblinking.

Father, I swear if I ever see this Scevola again, he will admit the truth trough all the broken teeth I will give him, this, I swear!
Unread 3rd of August, 2006, 04:55
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Xue and Amato may not be sure who to believe, but they are not blind to the barely contained anger that Manweh'mato is holding in. His white knuckles, rigid position, and deadly stare make it apparent that they need to do something to defuse the situation.

"Scevola, Rudolfo. Go to my office and wait there until I come for you," Amato says in a tone that will broker no argument.

Trying to maintain a facade of confidence, Scevola leads the way, walking at a normal pace and not looking at any of the others. His show, however, is undermined by Rudolfo, who slinks behind him, casting fruitive glances at those remaining behind.

"Now," Xue says, once Scevola and Rudolfo are gone, "I want you to take some deep breaths, Manweh'mato, and calm yourself down. There will be no further fighting here tonight. Once you are calm you can try answering Scevola's latest accusation. Why is he injured, but not you?"
Unread 3rd of August, 2006, 09:21
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Closing his eyes, trying to gather some semblance of calm, Manweh'mato takes his time before answering, as slowly and neutrally as he can:

" Simply because I am better at dagger fights than he is. Believe me Xue, most people I know with my skill for it would have killed him right where he stood. I chose not too. You know I am not a violent person, I do not fight for the fun or the thrill of it. I fight when I have to, like I had to defend myself tonight. He is injured and not me because I surprised them in the act of picking the lock and they hastily attacked me first, clumsily while my attack was precise, trying to get them to surrender right from the start."
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 22:23
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"A dagger's blade makes a poor insentive to surrender," Amato objects.

"No, Manweh'mato speaks the truth," Xue replies, "He doesn't fight for fun or thrill. He and his brother even went so far a few gŁn ago as to make us move camp rather than harm a bear which had wandered in looking for food. Any fight he engaged in would have been forced upon him and would not have been to the death if he could help it."

"So my hot-headed nephew attacked first," responds Amato, "I can believe that, it would be just like him to act before thinking about the concequences. But he's also saying that Scevola and Rudolfo were trying to steal from you, Xue. Rash my nephew may be, but a thief?"
Unread 5th of August, 2006, 03:35
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Finally, now that at least Xue believes him, Manweh'mato breathes a small sigh of relief and his shoulders relax down about half an inch. The white in his hands slowly goes away as well, tension diminishing. Once more, Manweh'mato tries to get Amato on his side.

" Sir Amato, he is not a thief as he never got that far, but he needs a strong hand to lead him back in the right way. His acts are not bad as he was stopped but his intentions were otherwise. I swear to Obad-Hai, he and his friend were quite busy trying to pick the lock. "
Unread 7th of August, 2006, 00:37
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"You malign my family by calling my nephew a thief and then deign to tell me how I should treat them?!?," Amato responds, clearly angered by what he precieves to be Manweh'mato's insolence.

"Get out of my sight. Get out of my inn!" Amato practically yells, clearly restraining himself from saying something that he would regret later.
Unread 7th of August, 2006, 03:44
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Completely baffled by the reaction of the Innkeeper, Manweh'mato simply shrugs his shoulders, gets up, goes to his room, gathers his things in a pile, comes back down to the common room and sets the key on a table near the door. Manweh'mato doesn't say a word and looks quite resigned.

Looks like it's sleeping under the stars for being honest. Meh, I'll do me some good. I don't understand why he got so angry, I just want to be believed.....

Once out the door, he chuckles to himslef a bit. At least I made some daggers out of that whole mess!
Unread 7th of August, 2006, 04:32
Vaniver
Ghoul

Member: #1492
Soltlak growls menacingly at the kobold who barely reaches his waist. "Don't yell at my friends." He then turns and follows Manweh, glancing behind him every now and then.

Last edited by Vaniver; 7th of August, 2006 at 22:12.
Unread 7th of August, 2006, 09:57
Jop
Shadow

Skasa follows his brother upstairs, and when explained what happened, gladly leaves right behind Manweh.
Unread 8th of August, 2006, 16:21
Aethyc
Skeleton

Member: #1582
Sara mutters to herself something about sleeping outside again. She then catches up to Manweh and pulls him to the side. "Even if the innkeeper doesnt believe you, you did a good job defending Xeu from those thieves. You've passed up too many better opportunities to do anything against him to try something here." Sara then heads back to her room to gather her belongings before giving her room key back to the innkeeper.
Unread 9th of August, 2006, 23:38
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Faced with a total walk-out in support of Manweh'mato, Xue and Amato are stunned to silence as the party heads back upstairs to gather their belongings. When they return downstairs, however, it's clear that they didn't stay that way for long.

For one, Amato is no longer in the common room.

For another, Xue is blocking the door glowering heavily.

"Sit down, all of you," Xue says darkly in a tone that will broker no argument. Once everyone is seated, he turns to Manweh'mato.

"Manweh'mato, I don't know how things are done on your side of the great sea, but here you do not tell a clan leader how to run his family. Especially when you're accusing a member of his family of wrong doing. If you expect to continue in my employ, and the employ of my clan, then I expect you to conduct yourself with honor and self restraint. Do I make myself clear?"
Unread 10th of August, 2006, 07:13
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Master Xue, tonight I have exhausted my self-restraint on these liars. I could barely stand still listening to their filthy tongues. I have kept my honor as best I could, I swear it on my Father. You, I will listen to. What do you want me to do? "
Unread 11th of August, 2006, 04:40
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"Then you will learn more self-restraint. I don't care if a native here is accusing you of destroying the Great Wheel itself, you will not tell clan heads how to manage their family!"

Taking a deep breath, Xue slowly breaths out as he pulls his own anger back under control.

"Let me put it to you this way, how would you feel if a city beggar started telling you what the proper way to hunt deer is?"
Unread 11th of August, 2006, 06:03
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" I would probably offer to go hunting with him to learn what he talks about. My clan is a community, we share, help out. I can see the rest of the world is not the same. I will however better manage my anger next time. That I can do."
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 01:16
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"It's not a question of sharing or helping out," Xue replies, "It's a question of someone you precieve as being a total incompetant telling you what to do!"

Seeing that the cultural divide is obviously a lot wider than he thought, Xue takes a breath and steps back to address everyone.

"You are all forgieners here, and with the exception of Soltlak, ones which are very rarely seen in this land. As a result, no one expects you to know or understand their customs or practices and so when you make a social gaff out of ignorance, they won't hold it against you. That knife, however, cuts both ways. Since they don't expect you to know anything about their customs, they will not tolerate you telling them how they should live their lives. Before you can change their rules, you have to earn that right by living by them.

Now, Scevola and Rudolfo have been sent home and instructed not to come back here until we're gone in the morning. All of you will head back up to your rooms and turn in for the night. In the morning, you will head straight out to the stables to prepare your mounts for the days ride. You are not to take breakfast in the common room. I've aranged with Amato to have some bread and tea brought out to the stables for you, but he does not want to see any of you again unless it's your back as you leave.

Now get some sleep. Our journey continues tomorrow.
"

Walking past the party, Xue heads back upstairs to his room to follow his own advice.
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 06:37
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

I am keeping the daggers for sure now. I might have given them back but not anymore.

Looking around, unsure where everybody is standing with him, he just lowers his eyes and does as told.

Xue looked real mad. I did think I was doing the right thing. His nephew does need a strong hand.....I'll have to keep quiet and smooth things over with Xue the next few gŁns.

Manweh'mato grabs the key again from where he left it and heads upstairs. He does not unpack any of his things and sets them against the door once Skasa has joined him in the room.

" Brother, did you think I acted dishonorably? "
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 07:25
Jop
Shadow

"From the parts I understood, I would have done the same. Father would be proud. You will have to teach me more of this tongue... I did not like not knowing what was going on!"
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 09:47
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Forgive me. I was so mad myself that I could barely stay sitting and not punch that little scaly liar. Father did say I had to control my temper but this was simply beyond me. It seems Xue is also mad at me for telling the plain truth. Apparently, advice is not welcome in strange lands when you are also a stranger. They had me explain my side of the whole mess and go over a few points like why were they injured and not I. I did not even need real weapons and armor to be a better fighter than the two thieves. I wonder if they had not been from his family if it would have turned out the same for them. Tell you what tough, next time I will bring a club to catch a thief. That way I can knock him out and dispose of them in a fair way. My justice would have been much better than Amato's. "
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 22:35
Jop
Shadow

"Although I'm glad it turned out OK in the end... I would not have cared wether or not the two scoundrells got what they wanted or not. We might be employed, but I am in no way a security officer!"
And Skasa sets his bag down and gets ready to go back to sleep...
Unread 12th of August, 2006, 23:20
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

A bit offended Manweh'mato replies: " I did not want to fight them, I really did think they would flee when I caught them right in the act! Xue is decent, I would defend him against pretty much anything. So should you. "

He turns his back on his bed and tries to get some sleep.