Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Black Plauge's Games > DŁnya

Closed Thread
Unread 28th of January, 2006, 02:29
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Member: #1506
Manweh'mato signals for Skasa and Soltlak to follow him. Once they are out of hearing range from the guard, Manweh'mato talks again, translating when necessary.

" Well, here we are. We caught up with the caravan. I think we have a lot to do today before meeting with the Maenad. Soltlak needs healing, so do our mounts and even Wambli looks like he could use some rest. I could use a full night's rest myself. I also need rations and some arrows which might be hard to find. I do not think many kobolds use bows so I want to get some more after spending many in the fight yesterday. Also, I don't think we should be very visible and not talk about that fight here within these walls. No sense looking for trouble. Here is what I think we should do right now. Skasa, heal Soltlak as best you can right now and then look after our mounts at the Inn. We will take two rooms at the same Inn. One for Soltlak and one for us. I do not want to be in a kobold establishement tonight. Soltlak you take care of getting the rooms. I will go try to find some rations and arrows and we will all meet later and go see the Maenad together. Agreed? "
Unread 28th of January, 2006, 03:10
Jop
Shadow

Member: #1526
"Ok. I'll go with Soltak at the Inn and take care of the mounts. I'll wait for you at our room."
Unread 29th of January, 2006, 03:14
Vaniver
Ghoul

Member: #1492
Soltlak nods. "Good plan." He starts to plow through the crowd, making a path for the shorter Skasa, heading towards what he hopes is the inn.
Unread 29th of January, 2006, 03:22
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Manweh'mato goes off in a different direction trying to locate what seems to be supplies stores.
Unread 29th of January, 2006, 10:48
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
For Soltlak and Skasa the way to the inn is easy, yet unknown. They are forced to stop and ask directions in order to find it, but once they do, it only takes them a couple more minutes to reach it. Once there they find ample stables outside for all three mounts. There are a couple of draft horses in the stables and a wagon in the yard, but either the Probo Gufo isn't extremly popular, or the bulk of its patronage arrives on foot. The groom, however, seems to know what he's doing, and offers to fetch a vet when he sees the condition of the mounts.

"Looks like you've pushed your animals pretty hard, and the horse is straining those recent wounds. I can fecth a vet if you want. She can have the animals fit for travel again in a couple of gŁn."

Manweh'mato, however, has a much easier time finding the market. Mainly because most everyone is streaming away from it. When he enters the square, the reason seems obvious, the shops are shutting down for the night. Hurridly looking for a fletcher, Manweh'mato passes by a human in an unusual plate armor that looks far lighter than normal. When he finally finds the fletcher's shop he's just in time to see a wirely kobold locking down the flap that covers the counter.

Wandering through the town, Sara finds herself in the market square, just in time to see the various shops closing down. Passing by a halfling, an unusual sight on this side of the ocean, Sara hears the distinctive ringing of a smithy's hammer on anvil down a side street. Nostalgic, she heads down it and stops to watch the smith as he takes a few more swings of the hammer before setting to bank the fire for the night. When the smith is done, Sara moves on, heading back to the square and looking around at the few people left milling about. As she walks about, one thing is clear, there are no maenads here, or at least, none besides her employer. A gnoll maybe, here or there, and lizardfolk or minotaur or two, but the poputation is obviously mostly made up of kobold in Bivio. From her experience that means plenty of caravan guarding jobs should she want one. Given the racial diversity, however, its doubtful that she'd find anyone who knows her employer, unless he's a regular buisness partner with one of the kobolds here.

Its amazing what a few gold will do to loosen togunes. Well, actually its the alcahol that the gold buys that does the work, but the effect is the same. It only takes an hour before Siad has a feel for the general news of the town. Apparently a group has been raiding caravans coming in from the Gnoll road, but the guard patrol sent out to deal with them, couldn't find them. The town's merchants are holding their breath, waiting for the next attack.
Unread 30th of January, 2006, 23:07
Jop
Shadow

"No... that's OK. I can take care of them for now." Skasa replies.
As to not draw too much attention, as soon as he feels alone with the mounts, Skasa calls upon his god for some healing for their mounts.
- Cure Light on Meat
- Cure Light on Katonka
He'll then spend some time cleaning and bandaging the remaining wounds before heading to his room.
Unread 31st of January, 2006, 01:26
Reuban
Zombie

Member: #1568
After finding out this information Siad will procure a table at the inn, and wait for Sara to return. When she does so, he will impart the information he has learned about the raiders.
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 23:40
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Unable to buy anything before the shops closed, Manweh'mato heads back for the Inn to join back with Soltlak and his brother. Once in the room, he takes off all of his gear and goes to the common room for a hot meal and a good drink, something local probably. He brings enough money to pay for the meal and a few drinks afterwards.
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 06:57
Jop
Shadow

Skasa follows his brothers lead.
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 11:04
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

"Suit yourself," the stable hand replies when Skasa refuses the services of the vet, before taking the reins of the animals to lead them into seperate stalls. Unsaddling each animal in turn, he hangs the saddles over a peg on the outside of each stall that seems made for the purpose, and hands the saddle bags to Skasa and Soltalk. When he sees Skasa staying around to tend to the animals, he hangs around the perifery, obviously curious at what Skasa is going to do. When he sees Skasa casting spells to remove the worst of Meat's and Katonka's injuries, he nods and goes about fetching feed for each of the animals. Turning to more mundane healing arts, Skasa checks each of the animals over. After a thurough examination he determines that for the most part, the animals are simply worn out. Carrying a rider while maintaining a hard pace is exhausting and each could use a solid day's rest. Meat's injuries are a little strained, but they haven't broken open again. Just to be sage, Skasa binds them up again, but he believes that Meat will be alright by the time they get on the road again (assuming the time line isn't hurried at all).

Not wanting to try to convince the fletcher to reopen his shop so that he can buy arrows tonight, Manweh'mato settles himself to making his purchases in the morning and heads for the inn. As happened earlier with his brother and Soltlak, he has to stop to ask directions, but once he does that, finding the inn is fairly easy and he arrives just as Skasa and Soltlak are coming out of the stables.

Once again a single group, the two halflings and the lizardman head inside to obtain rooms for the night. It turns out that two private rooms will cost 12 gp per night, but if they prefer, they can get three beds in the common bedroom for just 15 sp per night.

As she continues to wander the streets, it rapidly becomes apparent to Sara that the only buisnesses that remain open are the drinking and eating establishments. Bivio, it would seem, is not a place where much buisness is done after Io set, despite still being in the region where Pelor's perpetual twilight made it bright enough that outside one didn't need candles or lamps, as is evidenced by the occasional guard patrol that Sara encounters without any sort of light source.

Deciding that if the town was going to head inside for the night that she should too, Sara heads back to the Probo Gufo.

Satisfied with what he's learned about the town's happenings, Siad settles down to wait on Sara's return. He doesn't have too long to wait before Sara comes back in and, spotting him alone, heads over to his table and takes a seat.
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 12:44
Aethyc
Skeleton

Member: #1582
Sara glances around the common room as she sits down, looking for what has changed in the room. She turns to Siad, saying in Human, "So, where you able to find out anything about the town? I couldn't find out anything about our employer; maybe he is staying out at one of the bars around here. Or, he could have gone to bed early. We certainly had a long day."

Last edited by Aethyc; 6th of February, 2006 at 13:26.
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 02:10
Vaniver
Ghoul

Soltlak looks at the halflings. "I don't care about where we sleep. But we should try to find the manead tonight, in case he decides to leave with the dawn." Soltlak grimaces. "I don't want to have to go hunting for him again."
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 05:41
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Sitting down feels good after today's ride. The weight of all his gear gone, it is much easier for Manweh'mato to start relaxing and enjoying the company of his friends and the hopefully good meal he is about to get. The common room will have to do tonight for the food but Manweh'mato will pay the extra coins for a private room with his brother.

" You are right Soltlak, but first we eat and drink and then we find him. Today has been hard on all of us. "
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 06:01
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

After paying the exorbitant price for two private rooms (not that either of the halflings, or Soltlak necessarily have enough experience with room prices to know that), Skasa, Manweh'mato, and Soltlak each settle into their rooms and head back to the common room for dinner. The night's special seems to be an unimaginative goat stew and the cook seems to have a fondness for pepper. Still, the concotion is edible and manages to fill the stomach. It also goes well with the local popular beverage, a fermented goat's milk flavored with honey.

After dinner, Soltlak asks around after the maenad had been chasing and are able to find out from the inn owner that he's sequestered himself in his room for the evening and asked not to be disturbed. The owner is kind enough, however, to point out two humans who are sitting at a table in one corner, one of whom Manweh'mato recognizes as the human female he passed on the way to the market. They're employees of the maenad they're looking for, so its doubtful that he'll be leaving before they do if they're worried about catching him.

Sitting in their corner discussing what each has found out, Siad notices that across the room the inn keeper is pointing to them as he talks to two halflings and a lizardman. When he mentions it to Sara, she looks over and recognizes one of the halflings as the one she had passed while out walking about.
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 23:21
Reuban
Zombie

Seeing someone take an interest in them, immediatly makes siad suspisious. He slowly moves his hand toward his dagger, to be ready if the group approaches with hostile intent.
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 11:43
Aethyc
Skeleton

Sara slides her hand closer to the hilt of her sword and leans towards Siad while watching the lizard and halflings from the corner of her eye. She says in a low voice, "I see them too. Try to act normally until we find out what they want." After sliding back a little in her chair, Sara asks, "So, tell me more about the groups raiding caravans along the Gnoll road; do you think the guards would pay a bounty for stopping the brigands? If they aren't the ancestor trouble the Maenad has been talking about, and I somewhat doubt they are, this could be our next job. If the bandits are the ancestor trouble... well, I don't mind getting paid twice for the same job."
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 23:07
Reuban
Zombie

Siad turns and smiles at sara, "That is a good idea. I'm not sure where the Maenad is taking us, but even if they are not his trouble, we may encounter them along the road. We should see if we can find some officials tommorrow and see what they say. Assuming of course the Maenad doesn't drag us off at dawn."
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 10:50
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

" Well, I am quite happy with this food and drink. Shall we go inquire about the Maenad to the humans he pointed us too? We might get more information from them then from the boss. From what the inkeep said, he does not seem the social type. Asking not to be disturbed and all......"

The drink makes Manweh'mato chattier then normal and the low level tension surroundings makes him in an even better mood. He gets up and waits for the others to follow him and heads straight for the humans.
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 11:45
Aethyc
Skeleton

"Yes, that would be a good idea..." Sara's voice dwindles away as she turns to watch the halfling approach their table. She gradually lets down her guard as she sees he comes alone.
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 11:55
Jop
Shadow

Skasa is liking this little dring he was served, and decides to head back to order another one before joining the others...
Unread 10th of February, 2006, 01:05
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Arriving at the normal sized table for humans, Manweh'mato feels a bit small but decides to use a bit of humor for his introduction.

" Hi, may I stand on a chair at your table and talk for a while? I have been told you are in the employement of a Maenad. "

Last edited by My Fellow Gamers; 10th of February, 2006 at 10:49.
Unread 10th of February, 2006, 02:05
Reuban
Zombie

Siad eyes the halfling, grinning at his joke, "Feel free to pull up a chair, what is your interest in the manead's business?"
Unread 10th of February, 2006, 10:39
Vaniver
Ghoul

Soltlak sniffs the milk with disgust. Bah. He pushes his tankard, nearly large enough to hold a gallon, towards Skasa. He then looks up, noticing that Manweh has gone to talk to the other employees, and decides to listen to their conversation, moving to them with sinuous grace.
Unread 10th of February, 2006, 10:48
My Fellow Gamers
Favored of Orcus

Taking the human's advice, Manweh'mato does pull his chair real close to the table.

" We simply want to help him with his mysterious troubles. You see, this here" pointing to Skasa at the bar " is my brother. Father recenlty passed away and it was one of his wishes that his sons would travel the world like he did before settling for life with our clan. We heard about this Maenad needing help back coming off the ship from our lands. We missed him by not much and I have been tracking you down ever since. We were much delayed when we almost lost one of our mounts to some attackers in the night. We have had a run of bad luck crossing water....but now we caught up and want to know more about his proposal for adventure. What can you tell us? Have you been with him long? "
Unread 10th of February, 2006, 12:13
Jop
Shadow

Skasa will re-join the group and pull up a chair as well. He simply knods to both humans and listens to what is being said.