Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
Edited Balam's last action.
Unread 1st of April, 2010, 02:21
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Merc, you're action doesn't work after Balam slides the Kurthik Young 1 (red). He's not the closest enemy (to either Taraka or Corbin) and thus can't be quarried, at least not before Corbin shifts. Also, the shifts won't get you into a flanking position on him (though it is still possible to establish flanking positions).

How do you want to adjust your actions?

Last edited by Black Plauge; 1st of April, 2010 at 02:26.
Unread 1st of April, 2010, 05:51
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
They would have before the edits. Damn. Well, just go with my first actions and my second rolls, I guess.
Unread 2nd of April, 2010, 01:28
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Did we skip a round?

I'm like Jesus, but with more car chases. -BigRedRod

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 2nd of April, 2010, 04:21
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

No, I just transcribed the round wrong.
Unread 2nd of April, 2010, 04:29
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Okay, Merc, that move gets blocked by the weak ground (the square NW of Taraka's current position is weak ground), forcing Taraka to not shift. I will, however, allow Corbin to shift prior to the attack (as Enclose the Prey entitles him to do so, and nothing has forced him not to shift) if you want.

Also, do you still want to take the extra standard action?
Unread 2nd of April, 2010, 05:22
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

No, don't bother with the extra standard action, but let's go forward with Corbin's shift and Enclose the Prey. I'll just save the extra action.
Unread 3rd of April, 2010, 07:23
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Where do you want Corbin to shift to? The action pattern I was following doesn't have Corbin shifting.
Unread 3rd of April, 2010, 09:58
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Here's what I want--I want Corbin and Taraka in a flank versus the nearest enemy, and I want to use my encounter power for damage. At this point, I really don't care about tactical positioning any more, as each time I sit down to look at the map and post actions, something has changed to hamstring my stated actions.

And honestly, Taraka as a character is getting on my nerves a bit, as he is completely failing to do what he's been built for.
Unread 3rd of April, 2010, 13:55
treehouse

Originally Posted by Black Plauge # What kind of changes?
Okay, here is the one thing I wanted to change, and I wouldn't even ask except that I originally made the choice based off of a rules misreading.

I would like to get rid of the feat Blade Opportunist, probably aiming to replace it with either Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) or Weapon Focus (long sword). I need to write up Lorien's heroic tier progression to be sure which one - I might not have room in my feats to learn how to use a bastard sword.

The reason I took Blade Opportunist in the first place was because I assumed that my 'immediate interrupt' attacks granted by Combat Challenge were in fact opportunity attacks. Now that I know that this isn't the case, I'd rather take a different feat if that's alright. I can always wait until 2nd level to retrain it since I'm pretty happy with the rest of Lorien's build, but it'll bug me in between now and then so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 4th of April, 2010, 04:32
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Here's what I want--I want Corbin and Taraka in a flank versus the nearest enemy, and I want to use my encounter power for damage. At this point, I really don't care about tactical positioning any more, as each time I sit down to look at the map and post actions, something has changed to hamstring my stated actions.
Gotcha. Sorry about all the changes kind of catching you off guard. The bad ground kinda forces that to happen when you guys don't know where it is.

I would like to get rid of the feat Blade Opportunist, probably aiming to replace it with either Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) or Weapon Focus (long sword). I need to write up Lorien's heroic tier progression to be sure which one - I might not have room in my feats to learn how to use a bastard sword.

The reason I took Blade Opportunist in the first place was because I assumed that my 'immediate interrupt' attacks granted by Combat Challenge were in fact opportunity attacks. Now that I know that this isn't the case, I'd rather take a different feat if that's alright. I can always wait until 2nd level to retrain it since I'm pretty happy with the rest of Lorien's build, but it'll bug me in between now and then so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.
I'd prefer this not to change until level 2 unless it really hampers the way you play the character. At the very least, you'll have to wait until the end of the combat.
Unread 4th of April, 2010, 04:34
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Oh, and tree, feel free to add Lorien's Immediate Interrupt attack to the beginning of your post (or make a separate post for it). Chances are nil that you'll kill the kruthik with that attack, so it shouldn't effect anything.
Unread 4th of April, 2010, 05:29
treehouse

Thanks BP - I'm fine with waiting until 2nd level. I guess I didn't really even need to ask you, but I'm not used to having formal retraining rules at my fingertips.

Just an FYI - if you ever need to know what one of Lorien's immediate interrupts does, you are welcome to roll it up for me. I'm happy to do it, but I don't want to bog the game down just so I can roll every die.

Unread 4th of April, 2010, 06:21
treehouse

So I think Lorien's 'thing' is going to be always having Comeback Strike, no matter how hard he tries to get rid of it.

At least Cutter has a flank now.

Unread 4th of April, 2010, 06:37
Da Mad Hatter
Skeleton

Member: #7925
2d12 and a 6 appears ... wow ...
Unread 4th of April, 2010, 06:45
treehouse

That is rough - did you count +2 from combat advantage (flanking) in your rolls?

Unread 4th of April, 2010, 07:45
treehouse

Hmm, maybe I don't want to get rid of Blade Opportunist. I have more feats than I thought.

Unread 4th of April, 2010, 07:58
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Black Plauge # Gotcha. Sorry about all the changes kind of catching you off guard. The bad ground kinda forces that to happen when you guys don't know where it is.
Not just you. Three times after my initial post I've been forced to react to something that happened before my action to repost a new action. Plus, I'm sure it's at least partial frustration at Taraka sucking ass in his rolls.
Unread 6th of April, 2010, 03:16
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Scythe, are you sure you have the direction of that shift right? A shift east (i.e. to the right) leaves Balam next to the kurthik and thus will mean he provokes an OA when he attacks.
Unread 6th of April, 2010, 05:37
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
Ooops, sorry.... I meant 1W :p

I'll go and change that real quick.

EDIT: Could Taraka shift his beast to the left after attacking, the Wizard wants to area effect those mutants without damaging his teammates.

Last edited by Scythe; 8th of April, 2010 at 14:34.
Unread 9th of April, 2010, 01:31
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Merc, its your turn.
Unread 9th of April, 2010, 02:01
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Is it really? Sorry. Last I saw it was Scythe's. I'll post later today.
Unread 9th of April, 2010, 06:16
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Merc, you do realize that Corbin's movement will provoke two OAs, right? Even with the shift from Circling Strike getting him the first square to the immediate SE, he'll still be adjacent to both kruthiks when he starts the move action towards the S.
Unread 9th of April, 2010, 08:20
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Well, he can't go north or west, right?
Unread 10th of April, 2010, 00:28
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Well, based on the kruthik movements, you can tell that some of the squares to the north and east are safe. West may be a problem, though, as you know that there is at least one square in that direction which isn't safe (the one you thought about moving into earlier).