Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Reply
Thread Tools
  #426  
Unread 24th of June, 2013, 00:19
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Yeah. I think you are right. Last I heard from him he was taking care of his wife. I think we should move ahead. Do you want Adam and Tom to go on the raid of the nuclear power plant? Or do you have another plan?

I will say that Flynn and Quincy are going to go forward with their fake IAEA inspection. If there are no responses from GG, then his mission will have its own effect on the final results. I won't disclose those yet.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Unread 2nd of July, 2013, 14:05
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
Well, since I had not planned on this, I took some time to think about what Adam would do. Since the information learned through the interrogation of the BSD, it seems likely that none of the towns defenses would stand a chance, and things might be even worse for the spirit realm. Adam will confer with Modoka and Tom (of course Red Flame will be going as well) about attacking the power plant via the Spirit world. Also Adam will go to the whale and tell him his intentions and ask for the other shrine guardians to accompany them. If the whale agrees, then I'll have the stork accompany Adam to the shrine and ask the personally. (My thought is to have representation from all three factions).

Before they leave, Adam will perform the Gian Blood Rite 8 and the dream of 1000 cranes 17

One thing that I'd like to check, just to make sure that my thinking is correct. Aside from a botched roll, vulgar magic doesn't cause paradox backlash in the umbra.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Unread 3rd of July, 2013, 01:20
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
I just looked at the rolls I made, I wounder what a double botch will do, make Adam look really tasty?
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Unread 4th of July, 2013, 23:57
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Umm, yeah. It might be like the old bugs bunny cartoons where there's a giant neon sign around you saying "Free Eats" That was pretty bad. Even whale might start licking his lips.

I remember what the3 blood rite was supposed to do. Remind me about the 1000 cranes again, please.

Vulgar magic is fine in the umbra, but from whale's description, the penumbra near the power plant is very similar to what you encountered back in Arizona: with the iteration X facility. Also the barrier that close climbs to 10 except where the BSD's have their entrance. The Spiritfolk have tried to attack the plant on many occasions through the umbra, but couldn't even get close.

Thus far, the spirit village had no one able to fight on the surface, so most of the plant's defenses were aimed at the umbra rather than above surface.

that's the merit of Flynn's plan to get into the plant semi-legit-like then attack from the inside. Now there still is the "secret" entrance for the BSD's. You could enter that way through the umbra as well. It's up to you.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Unread 5th of July, 2013, 23:18
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
“ Remind me about the 1000 cranes again, please. ”
258
“ Umm, yeah. It might be like the old bugs bunny cartoons where there's a giant neon sign around you saying "Free Eats" That was pretty bad. Even whale might start licking his lips. ”
Nothing that I can do about that but live with it. Although my signature seems to apply more than ever.
“ Now there still is the "secret" entrance for the BSD's. You could enter that way through the umbra as well. It's up to you. ”
We'll go to the secret entrance.

Could I get a list of (names) of all who are going on this mission, to avoid confusion later.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Unread 6th of July, 2013, 00:02
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Thanks. I know I should have written all that down. I did now. So you had 1 success, so that lowers your double botch to a single botch. that still makes you the worm, but at least it doesn't make others around you tasty as well.

As far as who is going, you may need to decide on teams. As in, there are plenty who want to go, but there isn't a lot of organization yet.

One solid plan is only for Flynn to borrow a limo and try to pull off a surprise inspection using Yakuza. I would assume that Quincy will go with him.

Now whether Caius and Madoka go with him or not will depend on whether anyone wants to change their minds. Flynn wants Caius for "Russian Scientist" and Madoka as their "Translator" if I remember correctly.

That's the last of the list that I have nailed down for Flynn's mission.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Unread 6th of July, 2013, 00:10
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Now, who do you want to go with you, and how are you getting from the village to the entrance?

Obviously, you have Thomas, and Red Flame. Do you want to take other "Villagers" with you? Madoka's clan are doing the border work, but if you need help...
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Unread 9th of July, 2013, 11:51
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
Last I remember, Flynn only took Caius, Modoka had elected to stay to defend the town. But if she is already busy, then just the other spirit guardians (shrine)

“ and how are you getting from the village to the entrance? ”
Once we are in the umbra, Tom will open a portal to just outside their perimeter defenses. He could use spirit to hide their presence.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Unread 11th of July, 2013, 10:00
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
I would like a little more information on your plans and who is going with you and when you are going.

How many spirit guardians are you taking with you?
Are you going to attack before during or after Flynn arrives with his entourage?
For the spirit guardians, what type do you want? Fighting, stealthy, magic...

Do you have a contingency plan or do you have anything you want whale to do? Heck, do you want him to come with you?

Do you want Madoka? And if yes, how many of her clan do you want her to bring (likely up to half, since the other half are on town defense)?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Unread 13th of July, 2013, 01:37
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
“ I would like a little more information on your plans and who is going with you and when you are going.

How many spirit guardians are you taking with you?
”
Just the 2 Adam met (Monkey and Dog I think)
“ Are you going to attack before during or after Flynn arrives with his entourage? ”
Adam knows nothing of his plans, up to you to decide what the timing is like.
“ For the spirit guardians, what type do you want? Fighting, stealthy, magic... ”
Whatever they have.

“ Do you have a contingency plan or do you have anything you want whale to do? Heck, do you want him to come with you? ”
no

Do you want Madoka? And if yes, how many of her clan do you want her to bring (likely up to half, since the other half are on town defense)?Just Madoka, I think a small group is better for this. Easier to maneuver a smaller group. No one outside those who are going is to obe told anything about what we are doing.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Unread 19th of July, 2013, 01:21
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Wait, which is it? Just the dog and monkey, or are you taking whatever they have?

As far as timing, I'll say that the evening is coming soon, and Flynn, and the Yakuza are not in sight at the moment, but I won't say where they are... just in case GG does come back. So do you want to leave around sunset? before or after?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Unread 19th of July, 2013, 01:23
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
maybe I am misunderstanding your post: Are you saying you want Adam to go with just Monkey, dog, and Tom?

Or are you saying you want as many Guardian spirits as they have, including Madoka and her clan?

Sorry to be confused on this post.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Unread 20th of July, 2013, 09:28
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
Sorry, in my last post I missed placing a quote. It should be like this.

“ Do you want Madoka? And if yes, how many of her clan do you want her to bring (likely up to half, since the other half are on town defense)? ”
Just Madoka, I think a small group is better for this. Easier to maneuver a smaller group. No one outside those who are going is to obe told anything about what we are doing.

Besides Red Flame, Adam has only met the two from the shrine.

So the squad will consist of:
Adam, Red Flame, Tom, Monkey, Dog, and possibly Madoka.

“ So do you want to leave around sunset? before or after? ”
We are going through the Umbra, so it really doesn't matter. if I had to guess, I'd say before sunset.

“ maybe I am misunderstanding your post: Are you saying you want Adam to go with just Monkey, dog, and Tom?

Or are you saying you want as many Guardian spirits as they have, including Madoka and her clan?
”
Remindes me of a quote from the movie "The Professional"
“ Norman Stansfield: Bring me everyone. 3rd Stansfield man: What do you mean "everyone"?
Norman Stansfield: EVERYONE!
”
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Unread 22nd of July, 2013, 00:43
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
Sunset doesn't mean much within the umbra, but there are some considerations for how it works with or against other factors (including Flynn's plans)... however you've answered my question.

Yes, Madoka can go with you.

When going through the umbra, the quickest way is along the spirit river, but of course you wannna be careful about those who use the river.... from this side, you can see that it is literally a river of souls, much like the river Styx... Japanese style.
Going up the river seems difficult, but that might lead to the happy place, while you are heading down river (direction-wise) towards the power plant which seems to be sucking in souls to feed its burning heart.

Will you get all stealthy and slow from the beginning of the trip, or will you march down to a half-mile away from the power plant, etc. before you jump in the bushes?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Unread 23rd of July, 2013, 10:38
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
How close can we get by teleportation? (Tom opening up a portal)
Go stealthy from there.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Unread 23rd of July, 2013, 10:48
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
OOC: I re-read "Good Omens" last week, Adam Young is the Antichrist in that book. I don't think I had even thought about that book when I created my character. Good book though, I highly recommend it.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Unread 26th of July, 2013, 00:46
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
As far as teleportation goes, the factor isn't going to be the distance but rather whether it would alert those inside as to the magic being used. So, you should make a roll for his sight to see if anyone is there to notice your magic, then decide.

Basically, you can likely estimate two relatively safe areas. One is upstream but south of town. It will put you behind a ridge, and then all you have to do is cross over the ridge either in reality, or in the umbra...

The other option is to teleport past the plant and come at it from the sea side, down stream...

But those are just the first two options that will come up from an initial clairvoyance scan by Tom. should it be fairly successful.

Thanks for the recommendation on the book. Who's the author? I'll have to look for it
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Unread 26th of July, 2013, 14:19
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
“ But those are just the first two options that will come up from an initial clairvoyance scan by Tom. should it be fairly successful. ”
[roll]4d10[roll/]

“ Thanks for the recommendation on the book. Who's the author? I'll have to look for it ”
Neil Gainman and Terry Pratchet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Omens
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Unread 1st of August, 2013, 00:12
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
I'm not sure why, but your roll didn't show any results. I did a roll on my own and came up with the following results.

5 - 3 - 2 - 10

this roll was for the clairvoyance, and since it has at least one 10, you have the successful intel as I stated in #442. So, where will Tom Choose to teleport?

I will see what I can do to come up with a topographical map of the area. I am basing it off of a real power plant located in shizuoka, called Hamaoka Power plant. I'll see if I can Google it for you...
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Unread 1st of August, 2013, 00:22
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
If you are interested, go to google maps: Type in Hamaoka Nuclear plant. You can get an idea for the layout of the power plant. The "secret" entrance is located on the right side of the plant. I can't point out where, but its a bit away from the main plant and behind a ridge (they don't want their own people seeing them sneak out after all).
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Unread 2nd of August, 2013, 03:44
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
OOC: Is it really that far away? I imagined it was only a few miles.

To answer your question, we'll go behind the ridge.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Unread 3rd of August, 2013, 01:00
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
That's why I wanted you to see the map. I originally said it was on the other side of Toshi city. But if it blows, the distance won't matter, especially if it blows through the umbra...

Okay, Tom, Adam, Madoka, Dog, and Monkey can arrive behind the ridge and cross over into the umbra. now what?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Unread 4th of August, 2013, 00:07
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
OOC: it just felt like the bad guy were much closer, nuclear fallout aside, walking there would have been ridiculous. Actually to think of it, Flynn and his group would take hours longer to get there (by car around a 3 hour trip) than what "Team Adam" did. By the time they get there it will all be over.

IC: Tom will take a look for any people/creatures and or traps in-between the party and the entrance. You can roll what is needed for that. Adam will check to make sure his questing stone (the one he made for the Fox's sword) is pulling in a particular direction. Ten we will stealthily (ha ha) make our way to the entrance.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!

Last edited by Spoogie; 6th of August, 2013 at 03:13.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Unread 7th of August, 2013, 00:30
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.40 per day)
OOC: Having lived in the area, and knowing the roads, it wouldn't have been 3 hours. From Mura-cho it would take around 45 minutes to get to Toshi-Shi. then another 30 minutes down to the plant. That's how long it took me in real life. But yeah, you have a 1.5 hour lead on Flynn.

Scanning for traps...
Tom with magic: 4 - 10 - 7 - 10 (Avg: 7,75)
Tom with normal senses: Per. + Alert. 2 - 1 - 8 - 4 - 6 - 8 (Avg: 4,83333333333)

Adam (homid?) with Were-senses: Per. + Alert. 4 - 7 - 8 - 2 - 8 (Avg: 5,8)
Is Adam going to spend a gnos for Hidden Depths as well?

So far: Tom has great successes with magic to detect the magical net that is around the plant like a spider's web. Physical perception isn't as super successful. Adam is able to scent out the path that the BSD's take to get around the web in order to get to the town and their "fun."

Basically, you could make your way carefully around the traps and detection grid if you move slowly. But of course that would also eat into the time you have to get there. If you spend 30 minutes you should have no problem getting to the entrance with everyone else without any problems.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Unread 8th of August, 2013, 00:33
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.22 per day)
“ Is Adam going to spend a gnos for Hidden Depths as well? ”
Sure he might as well.

They will take the 30 minutes to pass the traps.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren