Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 15:36
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You hear a low chuckle from the darkness, and a figure who's almost as dark as the surrounding emerges just within your line of sight. "Very interesting story, young lady. I thank you for bringing these to my attention, but sadly I don't believe there's anything I can help you with. Or, to put it more precisely, there is nothing that I'd like to help you with. Some have come before you to some of the other enclaves on this Plane or on Faerun, but they have received similiar answer. We prefer not to tip off potential competetors of these valuables' information... in any event, we did not cause such a rift. You can choose whether to believe it or not, but this will be the only message for you and your superiors. Your... slaves here may also appreciate it if you take your leave now."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #77  
Unread 16th of February, 2008, 01:14
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana inclines her head to signal her agreement. She continues to converse in the language of darkness. "I see. That is most unfortunate. I never believed that you were responsible, actually. That would be far too obvious. Clearly, whoever was responsible for the disappearance of that abomination was trying to cast suspicion on you. Are you certain you do not have any insights as to who might have the desire and the means to do so? I would venture that the list of possible suspect individuals or organizations is rather short indeed."
  #78  
Unread 16th of February, 2008, 14:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Many have the desire, few have the means." the figure comments dryly, "It doesn't hurt us for you to hunt down some of our competetors, I suppose. There is a tribe of Orcs from the north that's fairly hard to miss looking for the Avatar and Mythal, their Shaman appears to be fairly insightful for some reason. Zhents and Thayans might say they are only interested in the Mythals, but who really believes them? Maybe the Lord's Alliance created the illusion of the Celestial disappearing so no one will bother to find the scroll anymore? Perhaps the Mad One want the spell for himself to Surpass Ao? Don't forget about powers from beyond Toril; perhaps some of them are interested in some Divinity here. There's your short list. If you want a longer list, just include all the self-proclaimed heroes in Faerun. Kill them all, perhaps you'll find your answer."

The Shade lets out a low and slow laugh that makes most of your fairly uncomfortable, and disappears into the darkness.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #79  
Unread 16th of February, 2008, 15:21
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana nods, before shouting out one last question in her beloved infernal language. "How about your relatives on the material plane? Do you think they would seek to cast suspicion on you?"
  #80  
Unread 17th of February, 2008, 10:45
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You receive but silence for your last query.

"I say we give chase and tie one up for some proper questions." Your friendly healer companion Tor raises his voice, as though talking to the Shade retreating into the darkness. "You can't honestly say that creature's more-than-annoying replies doesn't piss you off. My fists know how to ask questions better than you."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #81  
Unread 17th of February, 2008, 14:01
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana swivels around and glares at the insolent cleric. "Silence, mortal! If you do not learn to hold your tongue, I shall remove it! We have the answers that could be expected and we will investigate the location of the rift next."

She smiles wickedly. "If you wish to test your mettle by entering a location of darkness you cannot look into, to challenge an unknown number of masters of said darkness, whose prowess is likewise unknown, by all means, proceed. It will save me from dealing with your idiocy later. Those of you whose brains are not defective, follow me. We have more work to do."

Dwana starts walking towards the location of the rift, grumbling in Infernal about the lousy quality of help available these days.
  #82  
Unread 17th of February, 2008, 16:22
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
After about a stone's throw away from where you conversed with the Shade, Tor speaks up. "Just stop right there, arrogant fool!" Tor almost roars as he speaks, "I don't care much for the character you are suppose to be in while questioning the Shades, but I was kind enough to stay quiet. You better drop it now, bitch, or some terrible plague will find its way to you!"

He turns to Melfice, "Elf, find where Arel is, we need to find her before heading out. Me and Bleys will stay guard here and provide beacon for you to not be lost out there. The devil, or whatever the hell he or she is, can either stay here with us or march to her own doom." He then gestures and incants to produce a minor light source, which he passes to Melfice, and casts another spell that warps a silver line about Melfice's wrist and connects to Tor's left hand.

Last edited by Darken; 18th of February, 2008 at 15:39.
  #83  
Unread 17th of February, 2008, 16:33
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Used to the clerics surly attitude Malfice only chuckles at Dwana's attitude. "Believe me if anyone I could could pull off hog tying a shade it's Tor." Melfice jokes somewhat good naturedly, "Thanks for the light by the way. Blasted shadow plane, most of my abilities are all but useless here. Oh well there is nothing for it i suppose. come Rontou, maybe your nose can still pick something up". With that Melfice squints into the gloom and goes in the direction Arel set off in in search of her all the while praying she hasn't gotten herself into to much trouble.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #84  
Unread 17th of February, 2008, 17:16
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana's eyes flare angrily at the human Tor. "Be silent! This is not your home, where you can yell around and bully others freely, mortal. This is the realm of the shadows. They have eyes and ears everywhere. For all our sake, I suggest you calm down and show some more respect."

[She does choose to back this up with an actual Suggestion, boosted to DC 33 to make sure that the lunatic doesn't screw up everything.]
  #85  
Unread 18th of February, 2008, 15:38
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(Kiara)

You feel your abilitiy has been resisted.

===

(All except for Melfice)

"Save your mind trick for those willing to be your pawns, you are really going to need them when they see you clearly for who you are, pathetic woman." Tor snarls, "Or perhaps you need all these cover stories to hide your own true impotence? Ha, for all..."

"Wait, lower your voice." Bleys suddenly comments, and points to a direction.

All of you can now hear someone or something approaching rapidly. The silver trace from Tor's hand linking to Melfice points to another direction, so the sound cannot be coming from Melfice returning to the group.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #86  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 06:27
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
This old fool will ruin everything! This is the last time I agree to go look for one of the queen's boy toys with a random group of people I don't know. I can't believe she would let someone like this work for her!

Dwana grimaces and whispers quickly to Tor. "If you care at all for your life, our lives, and the mission, please just swallow your pride for a short while and hold your tongue." Pride! As if! Arrogance is more like it. He's probably not a priest of Cyric, but I imagine that killing him will be just as satisfying.

The devil glances towards the approaching noise and moves her hand to her longsword. She stares as directly as she can towards the source of the sounds and calls out in Infernal. "Slow your approach and state your business!"

[Hastened Diplomacy check on Tor]

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 19th of February, 2008 at 06:29.
  #87  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 14:06
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(All except Melfice)

Tor's expressions are visibly less hostile than before after your brief talk with him, however neither of you have the chance to converse further as you now notice the source of the sound you heard enter your field of view.

It is a dark figure, but relative to the surroundings and the Shade you encountered early, it's quite different - not to mention the white hair. You see a male Drow running towards you with no intention of slowing down; he is clad in simple leather armor and carries an undrawn shortsword by his belts. He does not answer your previous question. He will likely collide with one of you in just a few seconds.

===

(Melfice)

You set out into the darkness to search for Arel, but you detect nothing that will lead you to her. Blindly trying your luck in various directions, you see the line around your waist tugging several times quickly, most likely a signal urging you to return to the group immediately.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #88  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 15:26
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana looks at the drow curiously. She shrugs and steps out of his way, being somewhat used to random insane creatures roaming this plane. One day, these mortals are going to drive me insane. I hope I eat some of the more annoying ones before then.
  #89  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 16:33
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"This is either good or exceedingly bad" Melfice mutters, "Come Rontou back to the others." Melfice hurries as quickly as he can back to the group.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #90  
Unread 22nd of February, 2008, 01:23
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys makes sure that he is not going to be run over as well and thinks idly, What a strange place, but what is he running from?. Bleys draws Ultros who adds a bit more light to the subject, a flickering red light, like those of a flaming weapon, although there is no flame.

"At least state what your running from!"


Ursus draws his weapon off of his back as well, awaiting whatever danger is coming their direction.
  #91  
Unread 22nd of February, 2008, 16:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(All except Melfice)

The male drow trips and falls near you, screaming in agony as his left thign bloats up with abnormally large boils. Even in the dim lights from your magical gears, you notice some unsettling movements in the boils. Suddenly, the bloating expands to his whole left leg and also part of his waist, and they violently explode into a mess of blood, flesh, and stench. The pieces of blood and flesh that land on your body feels as though they are burning... but not like flame nor acid, yet just as damaging, if not more so.

"Ughhh! What treachery is this?!" Tor shouts as he incants to bestow healing on all of you, but some of the damage is not fading away as they would normal wounds under the spells.

The second male Drow, who is equipped similiarly as the first Drow, charges nearby, following the same path as the previous Drow, disregarding the distrubing display right before him.

[Kiara, Bleys, Ursus, Tor takes 25 damage, 24 vile damage. All then recovers 25 damage. 24 vile damage remain in place]

===

(Melfice)

You return to the party just as the gruesome scene take place, your party members stumble back from the terrible blast erupted from the now dead Drow. A couple of them eyes to the opposite direction of you, as though someone or something is still yet to approach.
  #92  
Unread 22nd of February, 2008, 17:34
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"This cant be good" Melfice mutters immediately calling his blades from their magical storage in his gloves. Afterwards he wheels to the side of the group in an attempt to both see what's going on and avoid it if another lunatic charges into the group and explodes.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #93  
Unread 23rd of February, 2008, 00:42
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana recoils from the stinging blast and glares at the onrushing drow. "I hate this plane! We should spread out."

Pondering her options, she shrugs mentally and says "Teleport." Dwana does indeed teleport, straight upwards to a spot well outside the blast radius of the vile goo. She spreads her wings while glancing down to check if she can see any other creatures in the vicinity.

The Erinyes then pulls a Wand of Invisibility from her backpack.

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 23rd of February, 2008 at 00:45.
  #94  
Unread 26th of February, 2008, 08:25
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys wont take exploding Drow just standing there and moves outside of the blast radius of the previous Drow. Ursus shortly follows him backpeddling and trying to think what in all the hells is going on.

Meanwhile both are prepared to attack the Drow should he come in their direct direction.


[OOC: Active Knowledge: Plains at a 7 check]
  #95  
Unread 26th of February, 2008, 11:45
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Melfice circles to the side of the scene to avoid the mess in the middle, as the second Drow runs towards Bleys. A small fleshy glob emerges from the first Drow's corpse and creeps about; it looks like a collection of random muscle tissues with some intestine warpped about it. The creature jumps towards Tor, but Tor smacks it away with his shield.

The second Drow's chest ballons up with the unpleasant pulsation, then explodes near Bleys and Ursus, again literately rains death upon those unfortunate enough to be in range. Lucky for Bleys the explosion happens while Ursus retreats towards him, and provides enough cover to allow Bleys dodge unscathed. Despite experiencing the blast twice, Bleys still cannot recall anything related to these strange attacks base on his studies of the Planes.

As Kiara Teleports up away from the murdering explosions and retrieves her wand, she notices a third Drow, this time a female, enters her field of vision from the same direction as the other Drows. She is similiar equipped as the previous two Drows, and appears to be running towards Tor.

"Arel, you necrophilic whore, what are you trying to pull?!" Tor shouts at the top of his voice, and runs towards the direction the Drows keep on emerging. Tor soon encounters the third Drow, and swings his flail with a grunt. The flair strikes the Drow squarely in the face, and she falls down, lifeless. An unusual bulge remains on her left arm, which fortunately did not explode.

[Ursus takes 24 damage, 24 vile damage.]
  #96  
Unread 26th of February, 2008, 12:33
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys says, "Ursus, stay here and heal yourself as best as you can, then follow after me."

Bleys starts running in the direction that Tor went, ready to attack anything that comes out of the relative darkness. Ultrose, do you sense evil or something invisible?

Meanwhile Ursus tries to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on himself to draw away at least some of the damage, then follows after Bleys. Should have started off in that direction when we saw the second one, in the first place, but not being able to see any other danger coming I guess we did our best.


[OOC: Bleys at 194HP, Ursus at 48HP +CMW)
  #97  
Unread 26th of February, 2008, 17:35
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana frowns upon hearing Tor essentially accuse Arel of being responsible for these attacks. That's it! Next time, I pick my own team! The queen can go look for her boy toy by herself if she sends me out with lunatics like this again.

She uses her wand to make herself invisible for a short while and heads into the direction the drow keep coming from, while pondering if she knows anything at all about this strange behavior of the randomly exploding humanoids.
  #98  
Unread 1st of March, 2008, 13:24
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Melfice observes the sudden battle and seems to be lost in thoughts.

Another similiarly detestable creature arises from the second corpse, as both of them creep towards Melfice and lunge at him, but Melfice dodges out of the way. Above the scene, Kiara fades away from view as she flies towards the same direction of Tor.

Bleys, and Ursus some distance behind as well as Kiara above, barely sees Tor in front, stumbling as blood and flesh stains his armor, most likely due to another explosion of another Drow in his face this time. Tor curses loudly in obscene words, and incants some words. With a quick gesture of his arm, he disappears. [Spellcraft: Planeshift]
  #99  
Unread 1st of March, 2008, 13:45
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Glaring at the offending things Melfice returns his blades to their storage and chants a spell causing fire to rain down on the nearest creature. "As soon as these things are dealt with we should try and follow tor. I don't like the idea of being trapped in this damnable place."

OOC: Cast flame strike causing 8d6 damage
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.

Last edited by Prince Yami; 1st of March, 2008 at 13:47.
  #100  
Unread 1st of March, 2008, 17:06
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Let's see...the priest cast Plane Shift to run away after he accused his friend, the missing elven wizard, of being responsible for these randomly exploding drow. We are on the Plane of Shadow, most of us can't see a thing here, and we're down two party members, one of whom may or may not be responsible for the explosion array of drow. I would say that this idiotic mission is definitely over. And if I ever run across those two again, I will have their souls.

Dwana is just about to leave, when she glances at the companions who didn't abandon the mission. She sighs. Morals. So very troublesome. They did nothing wrong except listen to the queen's plea for help.

She briefly debates if there might be ways to avoid outing herself to her new companions, but decides not to tempt the fates, considering the presence of an unknown entity an unknown distance away that can randomly make drow explode without even making a sound on this plane of silence.

The Erinyes makes her decision and flies closer to her three remaining companions. She contacts them using her telepathy to ensure no one can listen in. They may or may not be surprised at hearing the cute voice in her heads.

<Don't be alarmed. It's me, Tamara. I believe that we should retreat. We don't know what we're up against and we're hurt. One of us has already run, while the other may be responsible for what's happening. I have one emergency scroll of plane shift that I could use to get us back to the material plane. Ursus, do you have a plane shift spell available?>


If Ursus Has Plane Shift
Dwana smiles invisibly. <Great! You should retreat from the direction those drow are coming from. Melfice and I will join up with you and we can leave then. I'm invisible right now, so you probbaly won't be able to see me.>


If Ursus Does Not Have Plane Shift
Dwana sighs. Another precious scroll gone. Maybe I should attack some more powerful priests of Cyric. They're bound to have some stuff I can sell or use. Those minor clerics I've been killing barely had decent armor. Well, thoughts for another time.

<Ursus does not have Plane Shift, so I will use my scroll to get us out of here. I'm invisible right now, so you cannot see me. I will head towards a place just past where we were first attacked, directly away from the direction these drow are coming from. Once I am there, I will mark my location with an illusion. Gather there, and I will get us all out of here.>

Dwana teleports to a spot above and past the location of the first exploding drow attack.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren