Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 03:48
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Zeek flies to another nearby tree, perching so that the tree trunk provides some cover, but doesn't obstruct his view. He brings down another bolt from his lightning storm onto the enemy caster.
  #77  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 07:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The bolt strikes again, severely wounding the caster, who calls out some commands to his men and proceeds with another healing spell. <Spellcraft: Cure Critical Wounds> Four of the archers send another volley of arrows your way, but none strikes true. The other two watches your actions carefully, arrows ready.

From your new position you can see your tiger already maul down one of the warriors surrounding it, and is making your way towards you, currently about 60-ft away not counting the winding paths it must travel. It has terrible slashing wounds around its body.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #78  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 10:30
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Concerned for his beloved companion, Zeek focuses his attention on aiding the retreat of Number 3 Tiger. He casts "briar web" behind Number 3 Tiger so that he is not impeded, but those pursuing him are. If possible, he catches both the pursuing warriors and the enemy spellcaster in the area of effect.
  #79  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 14:20
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
As you begin your spellcasting, two arrows fly towards you but you dodge them easily. The vines and vegetation of the forest animate and entangles your Tiger's enemies, allowing him to reach you unhindered. Though you cannot see the gestures, you can hear vaguely the Divine words of spellcasting within the bushes, but to no effect <Spellcraft: Dispel Magic>. The caster leading the party pursuing you continues to heal himselves <Spellcraft: Cure Serious Wounds> and shouts direction to his men, who all stops their normal attack routine and aims at you, readying to fire at a moment's notice.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #80  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 14:40
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Zeek flies off, leading Number 3 Tiger through the forest away from the enemies. He pauses once he has some cover behind a tree, long enough to direct another lightning bolt at the enemy caster.
  #81  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 05:34
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
As you cast down another bolt of lightning, 6 arrows race towards you, but none of them comes close. The Cleric is able to evade the bolt this time, but still suffers the electric burns on his side. You can hear spellcasting inside the area of Briar Web as well as from the Cleric you have just hurt, after catching up to his warrior allies, uttering the same word, and vanishes. <Spellcraft: Word of Recall, Word of Recall>

At the same time, three Human you are somewhat familiar with appear near of you; they are part of the group that you encountered earlier tonight. The priest wielding a heavy mace, the female swordsmen, and the Arcanist. The priest points his mace at you and speaks, surprising, in your language. You notice that the words and his lips do synchronize, indicating the words are translated via some magical means. "Ni daodi shi shei? Ni you he citu?" "Who are you? What's your purpose here?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #82  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 14:16
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Number 3 Tiger is now able to get away at full speed. Zeek flies after him, covering his retreat.

He replies to the priest "I am Zeek! My purpose is to destroy evil. I must do it single-handed, since the army of the alliance is apparently on break."

This reply sounds like ""AAAH ZEEEEK! SKREEE! CAW!!! HRRAAAAARR! REEAAHHH!" since Zeek is still in falcon form.

He punctuates his reply with another lightining strike, aimed at the arcane caster.

OOC: Move 60' away, ending behind cover from a tree as a move action, then speak as a free action, and strike with a bolt from the "call lightning storm" spell as a standard action.
  #83  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 04:55
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The lightning strikes and the Arcanist fails to dodge out of the way, but appears to be unharmed. He shouts something to the Priest in distress, and incants the Arcane word to call forth a magical hand that reaches for you. <Spellcraft: Grasping Hand> The hand establish contact, and succeeds at the grapple attempt and holds your animal form in its palm easily. your Tiger reaches you on ground, eyeing carefully the two enemies who are walking towards you.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #84  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 09:26
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Zeek wildshapes into a celestial direbear and attempts to escape the grapple.

(Grapple check +24)
  #85  
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 01:44
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
Your sudden change of form loosens the hand's grip, and you burst open its grasp in short order. The hand follows you as you step away, only to temporarily shift upwards to make room for the charging female. You take advantage of your larger form and swings at her when she dashes in, but she dodges your attack and follows up with her own, which you likely dodges. The hand continues its attempt, and grapples you once more. The Arcanist moves forward slightly to be in range, and speeds his allies up while the priest continues to advance, now no more than 20 feet away. <Spellcraft: Haste>
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #86  
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 11:39
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
OOC: Need a ruling. I know that I cannot cast a spell with a somatic component while I am being grappled. Question: Can I designate a target for my call lightning storm spell, which is already cast and in effect?
  #87  
Unread 30th of December, 2005, 04:21
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
(OOC: One can still cast a spell while grappled, such requires the Epic skill usage of Concentration check against DC 50 + spell level. As for designate targets for ongoing spells, it's considered to be concentration, thus to do so it's merely casting while grappled with no component, which is DC 20 + spell level.)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #88  
Unread 30th of December, 2005, 14:28
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Zeek targets a lightining strike at the arcane caster (+21 concentration).
  #89  
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 07:42
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The lightning strikes the Arcanist, who still seems to be unharmed. He loudly curses and then incants another spell, releasing a black ray that sneaks pass the fingers of the large magical hand towards you, but you evades the attack. He then turns and steps behind a tree, concealing himself to you. <Spellcraft: Ray of Enfeeblement, Maximized> The female raises her sword and calls out in the unknown language, and black mist encases her sword. She slashes at you three times, striking true only on the second attempt. The sword buries itself through your fur and hide, opening a bloody wound (17 damage) The Priest moves up to you as well and reaches out his heavy mace. Rather than attacking, he seems more interested in making contact only, which he does successfully. A searing pain shocks you physically and mentally, as you feel part of your essence brutally tears away from you, weakening you severally. (10 Strength drain)

Your Tiger turns back, seeing you are in fairly bad shape, charges and pounces on the Priest. Unfortuantely, all of its attacks fail to penatrate some sort of force armor around him.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #90  
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 11:57
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Seeing that the end is near, Zeek commands Number 3 Tiger to abandon him. "Go! Go I said!" It would be wrong to require his companion to share his fate. Seeing that the arcanist is unaffected, he calls down his next lightning strike on the priest. A nimbus of light surrounds Zeek as he battles.
  #91  
Unread 6th of January, 2006, 04:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The Tiger complies and retreats, dashing away from view. Your foes ignore the Animal and focus their attention solely on you. The bolt of lightning strikes down at the Priest, but he is likely under a similiar protection, and the lightning bolt fails to cause any harm. The woman steps to your back and readies her sword, while the Priest swings at you three more with the mace. Although you miraclously dodges one of them, the other two attacks, even though they only touch you slightly, produce unimaginable pain. (15 Strength Drain)

"Are you going to talk now? A couple more swings your soul would be beyond redemption."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #92  
Unread 6th of January, 2006, 11:28
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
Zeek realizes that he must not allow himself to come under the control of such a powerful evil force. He chastens himself for his hubris. He realizes too late that he forgot the lessons of humbleness that are central to his philosophy.

Disdaining to answer the vermin that have brought him down, he addresses the immortal forces of the earth. "Nature Spirits, you have guided me on the path of enlightenment. Now I join you." Zeek brings down another lightning strike, this time directly onto himself. He then transforms himself into a non-celestial manta ray.


OOC
Intentionally fail save vs. lightning strike. Gain +15 hp from wildshape as per polymorph spell description, -60hp due to loss of constitution from celestial dire bear (con 19) to manta ray (con 10). Current HP total is 142 as celestial dire bear minus 86 net damage = 56 HP. If lightning strike does over 20 pts of damage, Zeek will be dead. If he is still conscious, he will bring down more lightning strikes on himself. Meanwhile he will asphixiate.

There are ways that they could keep him from killing himself and capture him, where I am sure they could render him helpless and unable to escape or die, if you want to play that out.

Since he can't escape, this can only end with him dead or permanently helpless. I am curious how it will turn out in your next/last post, but either way it looks like we are finished. Thanks for an interesting game. Rivalry rocks.
  #93  
Unread 7th of January, 2006, 07:04
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.21 per day)
The lightning bolt strikes down at you, and you momentarily feel the relieve of freedom before your senses fade. (39 lightning damage) The magical hand of force no longer binds your movement, nor do you feel the harsh wind and rain in the forest. When you open your eyes again, you are unable to close them or even blink; all you see is a featureless, gray plain. There are others like you, wondering around, or chanting to some foreign deity in circles. From your memory on exotic stories, this is the Fugul Plane - you have died.

(OOC: Should you wish to continue Zeek's adventure, you may. The exact nature as to how can be discussed. If not, and you are still interested in the game, you may create a new character)
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren