Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 08:26
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Rather moronic, if you're stupid enough to simply walk through the front door. I'd tell you the details of our plan, but given their propensity for divination, I'm rather concerned that this may not be the most secure location. But I'm sure the fort itself has an arcane strongroom of some sort, eh?" Arel laughs to herself, and keeps walking. "Thank you for the directions, sir."
  #52  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:52
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The creature continues to face you and steps back when you attempt to move forward. "Not so fast, woman. You are right, the Illithids have eyes and ears everywhere, and what you are claiming right now may have endangered us all. I am afraid I have to... deny your passage until you have a good explaination on why you are demanding our fort as your war room."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #53  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 15:56
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"War room?" says Melfice, "you misunderstand us. We are merely in search of allies".
  #54  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 16:01
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
Arel raises an eyebrow. "Well then, it's a bit late for that, isn't it? You may be interested in knowing that it was through an illithid's writings that I learned of this place. Perhaps your fort isn't as secure as you may have hoped. As I had hoped, actually." She ponders this for a moment, before saying something else. "Actually, I think there's a better way to do this, with less risk to all. Could I arrange for a meeting with someone on neutral ground of some sort? Somewhere sufficiently removed from this place. That would be acceptable, yes?"
  #55  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 16:10
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"No, that would not be acceptable. We do not entertain random beings who might happen by to demand usage of our facilities or our time. I strongly recommend you to leave, least I am forced to convinced you with something other than words."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #56  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 16:18
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Uh, sir..." Tor mumbles, "you may not want to threat--"

"Well, then, so as to keep this civil, what would get me usage of your 'facilities' or your 'time,' oh so important? I give you an extraordinarily good opportunity to strike at the hearts of your enemies, and you won't even hear me out!? Gods, why am I even listening to a tunnel guard anyways? You're certainly the least of my concerns."

Arel manages to calm herself with the thought of the gith's insignificance, but her rage is steadily rising.
  #57  
Unread 10th of November, 2005, 16:41
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"You may present your concerns or ideas, in writing, to me; I will in turn deliver your letter to the authorities, then if they deem your proposal important and appropriate, they will arrange a meeting with you."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #58  
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 13:01
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Fine. I'll be back in two days--or an equivalent period of time here--to recieve the response."

Arel takes out a pen and a piece of parchement, and with a nearby wall as her writing surface scrawls a short letter in fine (though impatient) hand.

To whom it may concern:


I am Arel Starbay, a mage of the surface city of Silverymoon. It has come to my attention that there is a fairly significant and well-known colony of mind flayers near the drow city of Mezzappentia. Naturally, this is of no small concern, as the illithids are anathema to all sentient life on Toril. Rather than allow this grave threat to grow, Iíve taken it upon myself to eliminate the danger. With a broad base of allies and commendable personal power of both arcane and psionic nature, I feel that I am well equipped to deal with the threat; however, I am unwilling to risk a foolhardy battle against an ageless foe. I seek yet more allies, with greater experience and knowledge than we ourselves can boast.


I have several significant allies, none of whom have much to fear from the flayerís diabolical powers, and have a personal army at my beck and call if absolutely necessary. For the most part, the actual presence of githyanki warriors may not be necessary; for the most part, I desire your tactical aid. Most likely a token reserve force would suffice, as a trump to any unexpected illithid stratagems that may arise, although if you wish a more active role in slaying your ancient enemies I of course shall have no arguments.

I am hoping that we can come up with an efficient and relatively safe way to conquer our common enemy.

Sincerely,


Arel Starbay




Although she doesnít actually show anyone the letter, Melfice canít help but notice from over her shoulder that rather oddly, Arel signs her name in Common rather than Elven.
  #59  
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 15:48
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Very good. I will deliver this immediately, and give you the answers as soon as I have them. Where I stand is an abstract border line of our reign... I trust you not to foolishly violate our rule while I leave to do you a favor." With that, the Gith turns and walks away.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #60  
Unread 11th of November, 2005, 17:17
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice mulls over the gith's words for a few moments before speaking. "You know" he said, "I have just thought of somthing that may help out in this battle. and since we have two days I may as well see if i can find the type of object I'm thinking of in the nearby city or whatnot". Briefly Melfice describes a rather interesting sounding wand and the effect it would have if used properly.

OOC: you know what i'm talking about right leadpal
  #61  
Unread 12th of November, 2005, 05:50
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
[OOC: No fluff in-game, PY.]

"Hmm. It would certainly be helpful, but I'm concerned it may be quite hideously expensive, to an extent I'm not entirely sure you realize. A rod of maximization is a powerful tool... and rare, too. I doubt you'd be able to find one anywhere short of the capital of Amn."

"Or Waterdeep."

"Oh, right. Or Waterdeep. Well, you can't expect me to use a city I've scarcely been to as an example. Off to Waterdeep, then. Are you sure you can afford something like that?"
  #62  
Unread 12th of November, 2005, 07:00
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"I might have to sell some of my more useless gear but i'm sure i can manage" says Melfice.
  #63  
Unread 12th of November, 2005, 07:30
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Well, fair enough." Arel manifests the necessary power and transports everyone near Blackstaff's tower.
  #64  
Unread 14th of November, 2005, 14:23
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You once again gather near the Blackstaff's tower in Waterdeep. Activities are scarce as usual, and currently you are the only ones at this location right now.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #65  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 09:10
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Well, then? Head out, Melfice. We'll be here when you're finished."

"So, then, why are we in Waterdeep, again?"

"Mmhm? No reason."

"None at all? Doesn't that kind of... well, you know. Waste our time!?"

"What? Don't be absurd. There are all sorts of... uh.... hmm. Come to think of it, there's absolutely no reason for us to be here, other than escorting Melfice. There's nothing we need, or would have reason to buy... huh. I suppose that does make this a waste of time."

"Good to hear..."

"Well, we could make the best of it... hey, wait a minute. I have the perfect idea! Goblins!"

"Goblins?"

"Yes, I've always wanted a few goblin slaves. Perhaps I could seek out a goblin tribe, bend the runts to my will, and use them as fodder in our coming battles!"

"...Well, I suppose it's something to do..."

"Arel... your soul is a twisted mockery of all that is pure. That you would have such a hideous idea more than merits your eternal torture in the very heart of Carceri."

"That's rather depressing, Cawen. Everything you say is depressing, actually. Luckily, abusing a few goblins should cheer me right up."

"True. The best part of it is that it's risk-free."

Arel seeks out someone in hopes that there might be news of goblin nuisances near Waterdeep.
  #66  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 11:43
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"What have I gotten us into this time boy?" said Melfice scratching Rontou behind the ears as he watched Arel leave. The wolf just yawned lazilly and wagged his tail. Melfice could just flee right then and it would be over with but something he couldn't explain told him that, for good or ill, this was something he had to see through to the end.

Since he likely wont be needing it Melfice heads for whatever shop is likely to let his trade his ring of protection in for the rod he wants and possibly another ring if one is available.
  #67  
Unread 15th of November, 2005, 16:13
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
(Arel)

While Goblins are generally pesty creatures, Waterdeep is a fairly organized place and its political power and military strength secure great areas in the nearby regions, leaving little room for Goblins or other evil creatures alike.

(Melfice)

You easily make the trade in the City of Splenders, where if you have the money, they will most likely have the good you want.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #68  
Unread 16th of November, 2005, 12:06
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"Well, that was a bust. Maybe I'll make try again back in Silverymoon."

Arel returns to the tower.
  #69  
Unread 16th of November, 2005, 12:28
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Once Melfice get's what he needs he takes a walk through waterdeep before returning to blackstaff tower in case he wasn't able to see it again any time soon. "So" he says when the others arrive, "where shall we head to next?"
  #70  
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 10:50
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
Arel greets Melfice, and teleports everyone to Silverymoon, in her garden (so as to not set off her contingency prematurely). She then checks in on Calitheria to see how she's been keeping the house.
  #71  
Unread 22nd of November, 2005, 14:33
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Calitheria and the house remain as you have left them. While disgruntled and perhaps filled with hatred, she manages to remain at your place and makes liberal use of your library.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #72  
Unread 24th of November, 2005, 11:05
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
Arel flashes Calitheria a smile, who scowls angrily in return. After arguing for a few minutes about what an "apprentice-master" relationship entails (though more accurately "thrall-master"), Arel leaves with the promise that Torrenik would spend the next day explaining to the drow the finer points of undead animation. Everyone left at least somewhat satisfied with the deal... save Tor himself.

"Oh, good, I get to waste a few hours with your responsibility. I have to say, I really don't see the point."

Arel smiles. "The more satisfied she is, the more likely she'll try to return to our side for further instruction instead of selling us out to our enemies if ever she gets free. That's how I view all of my servants."

"But we don't have any enemies! The way you've chosen to run this, no one even knows we exist; but in a similar fashion, we haven't accomplished anything in months!"

"Exactly."

"What?"

Arel turns to Melfice. "Well, we've got an entire day in the frozen north to spend... what should we do?"
  #73  
Unread 26th of November, 2005, 10:48
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice thinks for a second before responding. "I once heard that there might be an artifact in the spine of the world mountains near the village where I grew up. If it isn't to much trouble maybe we could check it out".
  #74  
Unread 30th of November, 2005, 11:49
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.69 per day)
"The Spine of the World... hmm... you know, if I remember correctly there is an exceedingly ancient red wyrm living up there. Klauth, I believe. Really bloody old, if I'm not mistaken, and knows everything about everything. Mind you, being a dragon, he'll probably demand all our treasure and a townful of maidens to eat in exchange for any information on this artifact, and then he'd eat us anyways... huh. That's no good."

Tor smiles very softly. "Whehehe... well, best prepare quite a few preparations, then..."

Ha! Tor thinks to himself. We'll not just get information out of him. It's time for me to earn my keep, and help naÔve short-sighted little Arel up to a worthy place...
  #75  
Unread 5th of December, 2005, 10:12
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Melfice raises an eyebrow. "Klauth?" he says incredulously, "I'm not saying it's a bad idea so dont take me wrong. dragons are quite knowlageable after all, but how do you propose to keep him from eating us? even with plenty of preperation?"
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren