Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 07:56
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
"That's what I heard as well... I can assure you that the Imaskari have no connections to the netherese Artifacts at all. My guess is that someone, from fairly recent times, thought that the Mythals are bad news, and threw one of them to a place where only savage Tuigans live... just my guess. Or, maybe someone is hiding it so that only he gets to play around with it."

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 16:30
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Member: #1480
Eliane laughs. "That would certainly be an explanation. Hmm...another thought occurred to me. After all, the Imaskari did have some rather fancy magic. Is it possible that someone has just mistaken their works for Netherese mythals? That they are searching for a mythal that isnt a mythal at all, but just an Imaskari spell?"
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 05:02
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"I don't know about the Netherese Magic, but it's unlikely the two are similiar in their magic and all that. I mean, think about it, who's been going after the Mythals? Greedy spellcasters, that's who, and I don't think they'll mistaken a portal with a Mythal, if they know what they are doing... hmm... portals. Maybe there are some malfunctioning old portals that happens to pull a Mythal from wherever to its current location?"

Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 15:09
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

The human ponders this. "That makes sense. Hmm, so the mythals can actually be moved. And I was thinking that all the silly people after them would realize that theyre not powerful enough to handle one once they find one. Interesting. Maybe I should check that out. It would be bad if such portals fall into the wrong hands. Do you happen to know the previous location of the Imaskari capital?"
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 03:59
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Of course I do. You have a map of the Wastes? No matter, you can have one." He doesn't wait for your reply at all and pulls out a map from a ruby encrested chest by the pile of leather he is sitting on. Before he closes the chest, you can see sevearl other scrolls, persumably more maps. He hands the map over to you, and continues, "The names are long lost, but I have marked down several Imaskari ruins. The capital is most likely the one near the Lake today... you have to watch out though if you plan to heading into them. They are guarded by crazy machines and golems."

Unread 24th of December, 2005, 14:11
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Eliane studies the map. "Very impressive collection. Wait, did you say crazy machines and golems? How can constructs go crazy?"
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 00:57
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"It's just a figure of speech. Well, maybe not, they are just crazy. Part of the reason is that they don't really talk to you, they just want to kill you. They are guardian of some sort, some mobile, some immobile. I don't really know what they are, so I just call the ones that move golems and the ones that don't machines."

Unread 29th of December, 2005, 16:56
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

"Oh, I see. Ill be careful, then. While Im there, is there anything I can bring back for you? Youve been very kind and helpful, and Id like to repay you in some way."
Unread 30th of December, 2005, 05:30
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Nah, I like talking about the Wastes. And the Purple Sand Plains... if you want to know more about that, remember to come back here! Then again, if you do find some old machines that happen to not kill you, maybe you can bring some back for me to play with."

Unread 31st of December, 2005, 14:55
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

Eliane laughs. "Sounds good, although Im not sure how I would transport them. Well, Ill cross that bridge when I get to it. Can you give me a description of the capital? It would be much easier to teleport there if I know what the place looks like."
Unread 4th of January, 2006, 06:49
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

"Of course... it should be a fairly safe location out in the open, it's not until you venture into the depth of the ruins do those annoying things pop out. It is northeast from the Lake, with two stone arcs to the west and east, and broken gates to... ok, that's not going to be clear at all. Here is a clearer description for you." He reaches into the chest and produces a drawing of an ancient ruin. You are not sure how he is able to locate precisely the documents he needs in a random assortment of scrolls and parchments, but he does so anyways.