Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 11th of May, 2005, 15:54
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

Member: #45
Lands of Destiny, do you have what it takes

A land racked by war, constantly threaten by deep evil than is immaginable by most mortal men. An empire slowly crumbling and a battle for rule of the lands. Families torn apart by battle and by the iron fist of the courts.

The world is now more than ever in need of great heroes. Heroes to Unify, Heroes to Make right the wrongs of the past, Heroes to discover the injustices of the powerful, and most of all Heroes to end the constant menacing threat of the vile Shadowlands.

This is the world of Rokugan, Are you willing to lenbd you blade in service of your empire or would you exploit the weaknesses of it's current state the choice is yours

(If anyone is interested in joining please repond here or email me at bringit1159. If I get enough responses then I will post more info.)

Last edited by DakkonDarkBlade; 13th of May, 2005 at 14:40.
Unread 19th of May, 2005, 07:33
Wisp
Ghoul

Member: #694
I might be intrested. It depends what system you're using however.
Unread 19th of May, 2005, 11:03
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #836
First ed was best; 2nd ed over corrected the skills...I will not discuss the d20 version; much like the travesty of 7th Sea/Swashbuckling Adventures, some settings just do not go with the generic systems...and I'm waiting to see how 3rd ed looks now that AEG and WotC aren't working together on L5R.

But Rokugan is an awesome place indeed. It also depends on what kind of game; one clan, any clan, what time period...
Unread 19th of May, 2005, 16:02
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

I'm sorry I have played all three versions of L5R 1st ed, 2nd ed, and d20 and I believe d20 has done nothing but improve the game.
Unread 20th of May, 2005, 02:23
LynMars
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #836
d20 is a solid system, good for lots of things; But the original system was made with the feel of the setting in mind. In d20, you don't get the insta-death (which makes some players happy as they can't deal with that sort of thing). In original, they asked a Japanese swordmaster how many times one could swing a sword in 3 seconds. His reply was "I only need to swing it once."

That may be a gamer myth, but it makes sense, as it's indicitive as to how they approached the game system, to keep the feel of the setting. System can go a long way to doing that.

But that's all just personal preferences. I like d20 for DnD, Modern, and Future; the settings it was made for and vice versa. The "absorbed" settings that have fallen to the latest generic-system fad...meh.
Unread 23rd of May, 2005, 23:07
Wisp
Ghoul

I don't have any of the 1st or 2nd ed. books, so the only game I an play in is the d20 version. If you do a d20 Rokugan game Dakkon, then you can count me in.
Unread 24th of May, 2005, 18:18
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

yes if I get enough players the game is going to be Rokugan D20. So if you have any friends that play and are truely interested you should drop them a line about it. So far it would seem I have you and my friend Mad Martigan has told me that he is interested.
Unread 25th of May, 2005, 08:28
muaddib
Small Skeleton

Member: #1306
I would be interested Dakkon, haven't played Rokugan yet, but I have the books and I love Oriental games.
Unread 25th of May, 2005, 17:17
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

Woohoo thats two lookin for al least one more. Any Takers?
Unread 27th of May, 2005, 17:57
MonKySquRl
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #1314
i really only know D&D but it sounds interesting so id be willing to learn if you guys feeling like having someone just learning with you... so if your willing to put up with me im all for it
Unread 28th of May, 2005, 04:16
Mad Martigan
Ghoul

Member: #75
count me in
Unread 5th of June, 2005, 09:31
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Originally Posted by DakkonDarkBlade yes if I get enough players the game is going to be Rokugan D20. So if you have any friends that play and are truely interested you should drop them a line about it. So far it would seem I have you and my friend Mad Martigan has told me that he is interested.
Still need any additional players? Have plenty of D&D experience and do have the Rokugan d20 sourcebook.

Been awhile since I've done any Oriental Adventures, but would enjoy doing so again.
Unread 5th of June, 2005, 17:23
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

I believe everyone else has either forgotten or lost interest in playing but if I could just get enough people to be interested at once.
Unread 5th of June, 2005, 22:28
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by DakkonDarkBlade I believe everyone else has either forgotten or lost interest in playing but if I could just get enough people to be interested at once.
Well count me in for a player slot, just hopefully some others will spark some interest.

Maybe some more information on your campaign setting or style would help spark some interest?
Unread 6th of June, 2005, 05:32
Mad Martigan
Ghoul

Member: #75
i'm in as usual just waitin to see if more join or not.
Unread 6th of June, 2005, 11:47
muaddib
Small Skeleton

Member: #1306
I am still up for a game.
Unread 7th of June, 2005, 10:37
Wisp
Ghoul

Definately count me in. I was unable to post for the last 2 days due to some computer troubles, but everything seems good now, and I've been itching to play a Rokugan game.
Unread 7th of June, 2005, 20:29
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

well alrighty then it seems that we have at leat 4 players which is good enough for me timw to go request a forum
Unread 7th of June, 2005, 20:42
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

Well for some reason it won't allow me to request a forum right now so I'll have to try again later
Unread 8th of June, 2005, 17:42
Tenebrion
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #1344
Talking

If you're still looking for another player I'd be interested. Never played D20 though But I learn fast and am interested in Playing a Rokugan Game.
Unread 14th of June, 2005, 19:47
DakkonDarkBlade
Skeleton

ok your in.
For the rest of you sorry I've been kinda MIA lately but I'm back so no fears I'm posting my request again now
Unread 15th of June, 2005, 02:17
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by DakkonDarkBlade For the rest of you sorry I've been kinda MIA lately but I'm back so no fears I'm posting my request again now
I'm itching to make a pc, but just FYI I'll be out of town from Wednesday June 15th around 5 pm EST til Monday June 20th (first vacation).

So expect my pc sometime late next week at the earliest.

Of course if you get the forums setup before I leave I'll begin on a concept. Depending on what your setting is, was considering a human male Warrior/Samurai or possible human female Thief/Ninja.
Unread 21st of June, 2005, 13:29
Wisp
Ghoul

I'd have to lear a bit more about your game(rules, setting suggestions and such), but I might end up making a ronin of some sort, or even a gaijin possibly.
Unread 22nd of June, 2005, 02:37
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

I'm back from my vacation trip and got the 3E Oriental Adventures book off Ebay that I won in the mail (already had the Rogukan sourcebook).

So I'm ready to make my pc, just need creation details etc.
Unread 8th of July, 2005, 05:27
Zero
Ghoul

Member: #1160
Has this started, or would you like another player? I've played the D20 version.