Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 31st of December, 2009, 04:22
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Hoping to avoid falling into the pit Laredo attempts to turn around and grap the edge of the pit before tumbling into it.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 31st of December, 2009, 05:27
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Not seeing her new companion's plight, but none the less hearing some ominous sounds, Dagmar hurries forward quickly but as cautiously as possible.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 8th of January, 2010, 22:18
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Laredo easily avoids falling into the pit and Dagmar quickly catches upto him. Now the corridor is blocked by a 15' wide hole in the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 9th of January, 2010, 00:34
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Seeing that he is unhurt, but that their progress in now barred, Dagmar simply crosses her arms and stares at her new companion. "Well, you did well finding the danger. Now what?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 02:26
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
"The way I look at it is we have a couple of choices. One is that we go the other way and hope for a way around this pit. Second is that we find a rope and I climb across and we tie each end off and cross that way or third is that we try and raise the floor back up and we be more careful next time."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 11th of January, 2010, 13:30
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"How did you make it drop? Maybe undo that, it raises again?" Dagmar looks around futilely for some sort of switch or lever. "If we cannot do something quickly we must search for another way. No time."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 17th of January, 2010, 02:36
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
"So I guess we are going with a combination of option one and three. So be it." Laredo shrugs his shoulders and decides to help Dagmar search for a way to raise the pit trap back up.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 18th of January, 2010, 09:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Dagmar and Laredo begin backtracking and looking around the dimly lit corridor. Dagmar finds what looks to be a discolored stone on the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 18th of January, 2010, 11:31
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar calls Laredo over to have a look. "What do you think?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 23rd of January, 2010, 07:59
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Looking over Dagmar's shoulder Laredo examines the floor. Bending down to get a better look Laredo takes out his knife and carefully clears an area around to stone out to better expose what he is looking at.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 2nd of February, 2010, 03:52
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
After scrapping away at the dirt, dust and dried blood upon the floor, they expose a stone that isn't like the others around it. The stone looks like its the same size and general shape, but its color is slightly lighter than those around it. It's depressed about half an inch lower than the others.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 2nd of February, 2010, 10:07
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar watches Laredo curiously as he works. "Now what? Should I smash it with my sword as well?" She jokes when he seems to have finished what he was doing to no apparent effect.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 6th of February, 2010, 05:44
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
After examining the stone, Laredo looks at Dagmar. "I should be able to raise the pit trap and make it so that it will not fall as we walk across it." Laredo then begins to work on the stone on the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 6th of February, 2010, 13:57
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar watches bemusedly.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 7th of February, 2010, 05:52
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Laredo begins working at the stone with his knife and digs out his tool kit and after a bit of time, the stone raises and you hear a faint click.

((spot/listen checks))
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 7th of February, 2010, 06:12
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar attempts to stand as still as possible, but looks around in an attempt to see what the stone has done.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 14th of February, 2010, 02:10
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Trying not to be too proud of his accomplishment, Laredo stands and listens trying to decipher what the raising stone might signify.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 23rd of February, 2010, 05:47
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
It looks and sounds as though the rising stone might have closed the pit trap ahead. Otherwise all is very quiet.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 23rd of February, 2010, 06:09
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar glances questioningly at her companion, waiting for him to again lead the way.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 27th of February, 2010, 13:03
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Giving a slight nod to Dagmar, Laredo turns back toward the area of the pit and continues to search for other survivors.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 6th of March, 2010, 00:49
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Laredo disappears in the black darkness of the hallway, but Dagmar can hear him faintly ahead. The air has that dusty old musty tomb smell. Laredo hears faint voices and sounds ahead, but can't see anything in the pitch black.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 6th of March, 2010, 07:58
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Dagmar follows at a cautious distance behind him.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 15th of March, 2010, 04:02
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Trying to move quietly Laredo slowly makes his way toward the voices ahead while remaining in the darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 17th of March, 2010, 09:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Laredo and Dagmar continue walking quietly eastward in the dark musty corridor, there is a faint light flickering ahead about 30 feet or so.


ooc: give me new skill checks
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 27th of March, 2010, 12:47
Keylan's Avatar
Keylan
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7431
Location: Redding, Ca
Posts: 63 (0.02 per day)
Waiting in the shadows Laredo attempts to get Dagmar's attention before she ventures to far down the unlit hallway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren