Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 18th of May, 2009, 09:25
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The woman from the Black Kingdoms snarls as the priests run for their lives. She picks up the fallen guard's scimitar and hurries after them with Dagmar and they don't seem to be stopping or surrendering.

Outside the chamber, a corridor runs north and south. It appears they fled one went north, one went south.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 18th of May, 2009, 13:41
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
"Damn it, they want us to split... The elder. We should go after the elder."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 29th of May, 2009, 04:14
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The woman nods her body naked as yours, glistening with sweat, holding the blood scimitar she grins wickedily and goes north. The sounds of battle can be heard as you see the elder priest run towards a wall and presses a stone and a door opens in the northwestern corner of the corridor.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 8th of June, 2009 at 05:24.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 29th of May, 2009, 04:45
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar charges as fast as her injured body will take her after the old man.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 8th of June, 2009, 05:17
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The woman nods and gives chase with you, holding the bloody scimitar in her right hand. The secret door the priest went into is closing fast.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 8th of June, 2009 at 05:25.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 8th of June, 2009, 11:00
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar takes little time to wonder at how the old man managed to gain such a lead on them as she redoubles her efforts and rushes the door, attempted it stab her blade through the crack to keep it from closing fully.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 17th of June, 2009, 09:04
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Apparently he's not as old or wizened as he appears, but you do give chase with the lady from the Black Kingdoms and make it to the northwestern corner and you jams your scimitar in to keep the door from closing.

The stone stops and pushes back with some effort revealing a tunnel going into darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 17th of June, 2009, 11:16
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
"Damn it! We have lost him." Dagmar looks back at her companion questioningly. Pursuit was becoming a seemingly less and less wise choice. At this point he would most likely lead them into an ambush, and she was in no condition to handle another one sided fight. Her breathing was already heavy from the exertion of the combat, and running with her wounds. "What... now? We will probably not reach him before he finds help... and then we will be in another fight like the last... Perhaps we should return... and help the other prisoners... Those girls will most likely get themselves killed if we do not find them... and I know of at least one still imprisoned who will fight with us..." She pauses thoughtfully for a bit then remembers what it was she had been forgetting. "Uh, I am Dagmar Vikingstad..." She held out her arm in greeting. Once they have exchanged names, (And assuming the other woman agrees with her sentiment.) Dagmar starts to return to the room with the statue. She needs to collect the keys from the guard then find the fleeing girls as well as rescue those left behind in the cages.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 17th of June, 2009 at 23:18.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 22nd of June, 2009, 04:48
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The woman nods flashing perfect white teeth. "I am Thula of the southern Black Kingdom and I will help you free our sisters from these slavers. I agree that chasing the priest is not wise at this point. We need to see about our safety and theirs." She clasps her hand/arm and then turns to follow her, keeping watch as you both return to the room. Here you see several dead guards laying in pools of blood, the statue and the smoking braziers, ashes and various chaos from the fight. A couple of the slaves are cowering in the corner, the others seem to have fled through the doors.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 22nd of June, 2009, 04:53
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar does a quick search of the guard who'd had the keys in order to bring gain them then goes to the women and tries to comfort them. "Are you alright? We're going to get you out of here, but you must do as we say. Do you understand? Tell me, what are your names? Where have the others gone?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 24th of June, 2009 at 23:40.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 5th of July, 2009, 06:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Thula joins you in trying to comfort the girls. She grabs a cloak that's not to stained in blood and another weapon off one of the fallen guards. The armor doesn't look like it'd fit her too well. After some searching you find a set of keys upon one of the corpses.

As you speak to the women, they respond in Zamorian. "We understand you. Our names are Aglaya and Alyona. The others fled."

The women all nod, most of them are naked or near naked wearing shifts now mostly torn from the chaos.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 5th of July, 2009 at 06:10.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 5th of July, 2009, 08:34
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
"Alright. Come with us. Stay quiet, but if you see something then let us know. We must find the others and free those left in the cells." Dagmar leaves the others for a moment to attempt to find herself something protective to wear, She takes a quick look into each of the doors in hopes that the other prisoners had not gone far, but in the end decides that the she must first free those she knows the location of and leads the others back towards the cells.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 9th of July, 2009, 09:11
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Both Aglaya and Alyon nod their heads listening to you and they get up and follow behind you.

The fallen soldiers and captain have bloodied armor, some of it looks like chain, others wearing hard leathers. There are a couple of scimitars and daggers as well. You head back out the door that some of the women fled out of and see a few corpse in the hallway. The two girls shudder as Thula steps up behind you holding her scimitar.

((ooc: spot, listen check))
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 9th of July, 2009, 09:43
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar takes the chain armor.

Seeing these unfamiliar corpses, Dagmar stops in her tracks, "Stay behind us!" she hisses at the two girls. Scanning the area around and above her.

(OOC: What are the corpses? Guards? Or are they ones I've seen before after all? It seemed like they weren't supposed to be.)
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 13th of July, 2009, 09:40
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Dagmar takes time to fit into one of the chain shirts and puts on a helm and grabs a shield, hefting the scimitar. Both Aglaya and Alyon both follow behind Dagmar, with Thula taking the rear.

The corpses look like some of the slaves/women from the altar chamber. A few look like monks or priests that were caught off guard. Most of them look like something ripped them inhumanely apart, terrible claw marks, blood pooled all over. Most of it doesn't look very old.

There is a demonic howl from down the corridor as two reddish eyes look at you.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 13th of July, 2009, 10:32
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Damar crouches beside one of the not ripped apart women to check for warmth, only to be interrupted by a horrible demonic howl.

"Damn it! Back inside." She shouts, backing up into the other and forcing them back into the room. "Close the doors!"

OOC: If any of the women look like they could possibly still be alive, Dagmar will also try to drag them through the door with her.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 16th of July, 2009, 09:57
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
As you back up, you realize that one of the woman nearby is still alive. She is sobbing.. "Help us!! They released the hounds..."

You stop to help drag her back to the room Thula stands forth to protect you as the other girls run back to the room and hold the door readied. Then a howl echoes as a huge black furred wolf/dog with fiery red eyes and a foaming muzzle steps forth, tearing at the flesh of one of the corpses. You just make it back as the door slams shut, the hounds battering at it.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 16th of July, 2009, 11:47
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar drags the woman to safety "You will be alright... we will protect you." She then quickly turns to Aglaya and Alyon. "Take care of her wounds. Take her away from the door where the beast will not see you when it enters."

Dagmar is in a way somewhat relieved to have the beast so eager to kill them. It gives them a batter chance to ambush, and it means it is not finishing off anyone who might still live. "Thula. We can ambush it from either side of the door!" She takes the side farther from the from other woman, as in her weakened state, she feels Thula has a better chance at protecting them. "Open the doors when the beast charges again, and strike! We will use it's own strength to stengthen our blows."

OOC: Obviously this probably won't have the desired effect, but... it sounds cool.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 24th of July, 2009, 00:29
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Aglaya and Alyon nod and say, "We will do what we can, she needs to see a leech.". The two girls help drag the wounded lady back inside and back towards the altar. They find some water in a basin missed by your search previously and use it to clean her wounds some. Thula nods and takes position on the other side of the door, her scimitar readied as you prepare yourself. When you open the door the huge hound, foam drooling from its great muzzle full of sharp teeth comes in sniffing and ready. You swing and strike, cutting it and it bleeds (damage). Thula also strikes hurting it further.

((need inits now))

Round 1
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 24th of July, 2009, 00:43
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Dagmar strikes again, going for the vitals. If they can finish the beast quickly they just might get out of this without anyone more dying.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 29th of July, 2009, 10:06
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Dagmar swings her scimitar hacking into the demon hound. She strikes good cutting it deep and it bleeds as its jaws snap at her, biting her leg (-5 hp before DR). Thula tries to hew into it with her blade, but misses. Aglaya and Alyon tend to the badly wounded lady.

Round 2
Dagmar
Demon Hound
Thula

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 3rd of August, 2009 at 00:52.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 29th of July, 2009, 21:19
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
Despite her good hit, Dagmar is becoming queasy from the blood loss and pain of her combined wounds. "I cannot... take much more." She stammers weakly. She tries desperately to finish the fight with one last attack.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 3rd of August, 2009, 00:55
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Dagmar struggles to stay upright as she bleeds more. Thula growls like an animal and joins her in a vicious attack upon the demonic hound. The hound tries to bite Dagmar to end her life, but misses as its jaws snap close to her flesh, but grate off the chain she's wearing. Thula strikes into its skull with her scimitar, but doesn't split its muzzle, yet the damage is enough when Dagmar's scimitar is thrust into its side.. the hound tries to howl as it gurgles up only blood and falls on its belly dead.

((ooc: the chain you're wearing helps some, you only lost 2 hp))
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 3rd of August, 2009, 02:04
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.87 per day)
With a concerted effort, Dagmar pulls her scimitar from the beast's wounds to make certain it bleeds to death, then starts to stumble over to where Aglaya and Alyona tend to the other wounded woman, using her weapon as a crutch to keep her weight off her injured leg. She slumpsdown near them and tries to smile reassuringly. "See... I told you..."

Looking past the monstrous carcass towards, she says to Thula "What of the others?" She suddenly winces and looks down at her leg wound. "Need... a bandage."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 6th of August, 2009, 09:08
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Aglaya and Alyona look at you and say, "Are you going to live? She might live with some help, but we're not healers." Thula wipes the blood off her scimitar on the corpse of the demon hound and goes over to the soldiers, tear pieces of cloth from them and the priest and tries to help bind some wounds on you and herself. "We must find water and food soon. Rest, I shall keep watch."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren