Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 12:15
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Story Chapter 1

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia,Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandled feet."
- The Nemedian Chronicles

It's been several rough days ride (or walk) along the rocky crags, gorges and mountains surrounding the land known as Zamora. Avoiding the dangerous terrain and the unusual inhabitants, you've come from many directions and many different realms, feeling your pockets nearly empty and your food and water nearly gone. You find yourself on the trade road leading towards the capital city Shadizar known to most as "the City of Wickedness or just "the Wicked". A place of great renown for its decadence and corruption among the nation of Zamora. The city is said to have any sort of pleasure and desire imaginable accessible for the right coin or a strong arm. Much can be found here not found elsewhere in Hyboria as well. Who knows what awaits one of your talents and skills? Surely your pocket can profit from it?

It's a bright midsummer day and there is little to no wind, yet you smell something burning in the distance and see black smoke spiraling up into the gleaming sky. You hear a sharp feminine scream as well and wonder what trouble has befallen someone on this road to a city of splender and decadence. Do you go on or investigate?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 17:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
i look around, expecting a trap, grab my great sword, use a leather strap to secure it to my right hand, dismount my horse and continue to investigate
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 08:33
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos i look around, expecting a trap, grab my great sword, use a leather strap to secure it to my right hand, dismount my horse and continue to investigate
You see the other travelers (introduce yourselves/describe yourselves fellow players) on the road with you as you stop your horse and dismount, strapping your blade to your wrist. How far ahead do you go? The spiraling smoke isn't nearby, looks to be over the next hill or so, but the scream was just around the next bend in the road that you're on.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 09:24
Arkobla Conn's Avatar
Arkobla Conn
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #786
Posts: 56 (0.01 per day)
A smallish Zamoran sits atop a horse and curses under his breath. You aren't sure if it's because of the scream, the situation, or how his horse is bucking underneath him. It looks like he's uncomforatable on the horse.

He sniffs the air, looks at you and grimaces. He is wearing a leather jerkin, dark pants and soft leather boots. A small scratch, a few days old, defines one cheek with a scab, while his hands edge toward a small sword.

The Zamoran looks around again.

"Blasted Bel! I've got no time for this!" he rants, but he dismounts (awkwardly) and begins jogging toward a tree.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 10:43
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
A mounted man Approaches, as he moves closer you see that the proportions of the man are clearly out of place, he is not from around this lands, he is too tall to be a Zamoran or any of the other peoples from around this areas, his complexion is pale, so much so it has a bluish tint to it, sullen grey eyes his angular features cast shadows on his face that cause him to seam somber, a gaunt man, extremely tall and lean, wearing a dusty leather pants and armor that has seen better days, dry blood still staining his side, dismounts his horse with confidence unsheathing a great sword and with a matter of fact manner starts to secure his sword as he moves to the side of the road to approach the source of the screams from an indirect path, makes a point to move in a different direction than the Zamoran has taken as to not attract attention to the zamoran
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 12:55
Stryker
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #791
Posts: 27 (0.01 per day)
A small man with far eastern features and shaved head, wearing very dusty traveling clothes starts at the scream. Looking around at those on the road with him, he watches as one man heads over to a tree, undoubtedly taking cover from possible attack. While another man heads off indirectly towards the sound.

"Someone is in need of help." He thinks to himself, they always did say back at Temple in Khitan that Sheng leaped before he thought. Once again he proved them right, as he quickly ran up to the bend in the road. As he rounds the bend , he prepares the only weapons he has...his own body.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 13:23
Arkobla Conn's Avatar
Arkobla Conn
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #786
Posts: 56 (0.01 per day)
"Blast and Blood!" mutters the Zamoran to himself as he sees the man from Khitai rush forward. Things had been looking good as the tall one had taken a different, but cautious route toward the distress, but now any chance of surprise was gone.

Tying the horse beast to the tree (and spitting at it's feet for good measure), the Zamoran eases through the foliage in an attempt to come upon whatever scene is unfolding unawares.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 23rd of June, 2004, 16:11
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)


Another traveler…

Good, he approaches directly I can flank what ever is up ahead, but he has no weapon?...well at least he can be a distraction, might have to pull him out of harms way, the Zamoran seemed competent enough, he can be our “little surprise".......
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 09:54
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Stryker "Someone is in need of help." He thinks to himself, they always did say back at Temple in Khitan that Sheng leaped before he thought. Once again he proved them right, as he quickly ran up to the bend in the road. As he rounds the bend , he prepares the only weapons he has...his own body.
You take action and run up the dusty rocky road towards the sound of the scream and hear the ring of steel on steel and some battle cries and death knells.

"By, Ymir's frozen beard, I will not let you take me alive!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 09:57
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos he can be a distraction, might have to pull him out of harms way, the Zamoran seemed competent enough, he can be our “little surprise".......
The Zamorian sees a dead rotten barren tree nearby, not much of a hiding place. The shaved head fellow runs ahead as the sounds of steel on steel echo in this gorge and around the bend. You follow along the other side of the road, headed into some low brush and see the terrain is rockier here if you proceed. You hear the faint sounds of another cry, only sounds more like a battle cry then a scream of pain.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 10:33
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
i run full speed the where the battle sound is comming from, sword in hand and ready to fight, as i am running i will make a quick asesement of the situation,
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 11:16
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
"No, not again," mutters the desert man. His robes hang in tatters about his leather jerkin and worn sandals. His dark beard and hair are unkempt, and his face is dirty and gaunt.

Looking around for some hiding place or advantage of height, Harith draws his bow -- a finely crafted Shemite bow -- and nocks an arrow. Cursing, "Ishtar," he cautiously rounds the bend, ready to bring down whatever dog would hurt a woman.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 11:25
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Road to Shadizar

Originally Posted by Belkregos i run full speed the where the battle sound is comming from, sword in hand and ready to fight, as i am running i will make a quick asesement of the situation,
You run around the bend, nearly running into the bald headed guy as you hear the curse to Ymir echo and the loud ring of steel on steel.

"By, Ymir's frozen beard, I will not let you take me alive!"

Make a spot check.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 11:28
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Harith Looking around for some hiding place or advantage of height, Harith draws his bow -- a finely crafted Shemite bow -- and nocks an arrow. Cursing, "Ishtar," he cautiously rounds the bend, ready to bring down whatever dog would hurt a woman.
You see a bit of advantage height wise on the left where the bend turns and slopes down into the gorge. You draw your bow and notch and arrow as you curse to the divine. You see in the road the two men who ran to see what was the matter, you hear the ring of steel on steel and the echoing shout.

"By, Ymir's frozen beard, I will not let you take me alive!"

And a strong male voice answers,

"By Set, you will be a fine bitch to sell on the slave market! Drop your blade and we will be merciful!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 11:32
Arkobla Conn's Avatar
Arkobla Conn
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #786
Posts: 56 (0.01 per day)
To a Battle Joined

The Zamoran curses Bel again for providing him so little cover and giving him treacherous and noisy footing.

Trusting his skill and the noise of the battle, he continues in the direction he's moving, hoping to catch sight of the melee so he can make a better judgement on what to do next.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 12:13
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
"By Set nothing! By Ishtar, you'll not make a slave of anyone," thinks the desert man in robes as he makes his way to get a clear shot at the would-be captors. "Quickly... I must go quickly..."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 13:26
Stryker
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #791
Posts: 27 (0.01 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi You see a bit of advantage height wise on the left where the bend turns and slopes down into the gorge. You draw your bow and notch and arrow as you curse to the divine. You see in the road the two men who ran to see what was the matter, you hear the ring of steel on steel and the echoing shout.

"By, Ymir's frozen beard, I will not let you take me alive!"

And a strong male voice answers,

"By Set, you will be a fine bitch to sell on the slave market! Drop your blade and we will be merciful!"
OOC:
I take the discourse is going on in Nordhiemer?

IC:

Not fully undersatanding what is said, Sheng does catch the name of "Set" being spoken by the large man. And since he is the one attacking a "weaker" foe, he moves to assist the woman.

OOC:
If Sheng wins initiative, he will attack the man using the Imp. Unarmed Strike. If he loses then he will fight using the Defensive Martial Arts feat (bonus to Dodge).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 13:49
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
YIMIR!!!

that is the god of my brothers in arms, whom ever this dog is he will pay!

on my way i throw a hand axe close to the feet of the kithayan, and ATTAK!!!

(im not sure how to make the check on line)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 14:07
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
OK

RPG Host Dice Server




Results of rolling...

1 d 20 + 6 = 16

i got the spot check, openrpg dice roller
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 20:21
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Stryker OOC:
I take the discourse is going on in Nordhiemer?

IC:

Not fully undersatanding what is said, Sheng does catch the name of "Set" being spoken by the large man. And since he is the one attacking a "weaker" foe, he moves to assist the woman.

OOC:
If Sheng wins initiative, he will attack the man using the Imp. Unarmed Strike. If he loses then he will fight using the Defensive Martial Arts feat (bonus to Dodge).
Note: No its going on in Zamorian actually.

You want to make a spot check? (there is more than one attacking her)

Lando
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 20:22
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Harith "By Set nothing! By Ishtar, you'll not make a slave of anyone," thinks the desert man in robes as he makes his way to get a clear shot at the would-be captors. "Quickly... I must go quickly..."
You see the other fellows who ran ahead preparing to enter melee, do you wish to fire in melee?

Spot check for you as you move in and aim.

Lando
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 20:27
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos 1 d 20 + 6 = 16

i got the spot check, openrpg dice roller
Note: Never assume you make anything (afterall I am the DM), but your roll is sufficient in this instance.

As you cry out and heft your sword you see what appears to be a battle scene, there are two corpses already getting cold on the Zamorian landscape, both look like they were once men at arms in leather and carrying swords with bows fallen by their bodies.

There is a very dead horse here too, which appears to have been owned by the very beautiful long blonde haired blue eyed beauty wielding a huge blood covered sword, she's fending off against two well armed, but bigger looking fellows. They appear to be Zamorian slavers and have swords and looks like bucklers on their other arms. They appear to have a few wounds, but nothing life threatening.

Note: Make an initiative roll now.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 24th of June, 2004, 21:34
Arkobla Conn's Avatar
Arkobla Conn
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #786
Posts: 56 (0.01 per day)
Zamoran's Initiative Roll - Results of rolling...
1 d 20 + 4 = 24

The Zamoran maneuvers for an attack on one of the slaver's backside, hoping to stick something long and sharp between his shoulder blades.

Last edited by Arkobla Conn; 24th of June, 2004 at 21:35. Reason: added text
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 25th of June, 2004, 03:00
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Note1: i meant i was able to find the dice roller
Note2: initiative= 22 the roll was emailed

i attack the slavers who was speaking, i try to separate the 2 slavers, using the girls position to flank them
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 25th of June, 2004, 03:10
Stryker
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #791
Posts: 27 (0.01 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Note: No its going on in Zamorian actually.

You want to make a spot check? (there is more than one attacking her)

Lando
OOC: Zamoran? Hmm, still don't understand them fully so the post still fits.

Spot Check: Roll 14 +6(spot)=20

Initiative (if needed): roll 16 +3 (ref) +3(Dex)=22
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren